• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4488 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Captainpk

another full subscription round for ice plz Reply to this Post

the community on ice is shrinking everyday , plz do another full subscription round. we desperatly need more ppl to keep the economie alive
----------------------------------------
What about having a little fun ?

dutchyman on the hunter ocean
fattawa on the ice ocean & midnight ocean

[quote]Yere greeter chats, ":O I forgot the PIE! hehehe"[/quote]
collector of all shiners
[quote]Luctor et emergo
[Nov 6, 2009 1:39:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Swashpario

Re: another full subscription round for ice plz Reply to this Post

As much as I hope for this to happen, I doubt it is going too. There aren't any new releases coming out that I have heard of, meaning that many people won't see the rush to come and play Ice. OM's also don't care about Ice's small population, as long as they test out the bugs when they ask them too.
"Rocktrapping is the true test of a bnavver's ability"
[Nov 6, 2009 2:00:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captainpk

As much as I hope for this to happen, I doubt it is going too. There aren't any new releases coming out that I have heard of, meaning that many people won't see the rush to come and play Ice. OM's also don't care about Ice's small population, as long as they test out the bugs when they ask them too.

if those bugs contain anything that has a need of owning some money there will have to be some ppl that actually have that money.

it is impossible for someone with money or ships to be online at any given time.

collector of all shiners
[quote]Luctor et emergo
[Nov 6, 2009 3:10:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Swashpario

it is impossible for someone with money or ships to be online at any given time.

Plenty of people have poe and ships and Ice, no matter how small the population is.
There won't be any soon though if they keep banning them.
[Nov 6, 2009 3:15:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angara

Swashpario wrote: 
As much as I hope for this to happen, I doubt it is going too. There aren't any new releases coming out that I have heard of...

Island Attractions anyone?
Angara
Senior Officer of White Rose
Blood and Roses
Midnight
~ Blowfish collector ~
OOO: More love to flotillas, please!
[Nov 6, 2009 6:57:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tkp42

If you /gift me a month, I'll job for you at the next blockade. ;P

I have no plans to re-sub any time soon. I'm broke, and it's just not worth the money to play on Ice and Midnight.

Tonya+nator
Claiming poker ruined the game since 2006
[Nov 6, 2009 2:20:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
Takingitall

Yeah dubs cost alot these days on any dub ocean, Sucks buying 42 for almost 200k.

Joshsivils
Joshsivils.
No.
[Nov 6, 2009 3:05:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

OM's also don't care about Ice's small population, as long as they test out the bugs when they ask them too.

That is because Ice isn't a normal ocean. It's a testing ocean, and where there are things to test, people come to play.

If you want normal game play, that's what the main oceans are for.
Jolyma

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jolyma at Nov 8, 2009 12:42:46 PM]
[Nov 8, 2009 12:42:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Swashpario

OM's also don't care about Ice's small population, as long as they test out the bugs when they ask them too.

That is because Ice isn't a normal ocean. It's a testing ocean, and where there are things to test, people come to play.

If you want normal game play, that's what the main oceans are for.

I was merely pointing out that fact to anyone else who hadn't realised it yet.
John <3
-Swash
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Swashpario at Nov 8, 2009 3:10:21 PM]
[Nov 8, 2009 3:09:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cory1321

If you /gift me a month, I'll job for you at the next blockade. ;P

I have no plans to re-sub any time soon. I'm broke, and it's just not worth the money to play on Ice and Midnight.

I mean whats the point of playing if there is nothing to do? they ruined it when they made the tournies less often. It may be better now but im guessing not. I mean i have no plans of playing on ice any time soon. It's like paying $10 to play by your self, which you could do but with many more people for free on a normal ocean. It makes no since that you have to be subscribed to play on ice, i mean why should people pay to help a game test its bugs? Its completely stupid they have lost complete interest in most that play on ice and the people currently playing are either the originals on ice or a newer player checking it out. I think all they need to do is make it a non subby ocean so that they would at least get a few more people and then they'd have more people to iron out all the bugs with the stupid updates they do. I mean come on now adding figure heads and bronze cannons? what does that do for anyone, u get on a ship and go wow look bronze cannons soooooooooo cool, no its just a money waster because what else is there to spend money on especially on ice. Thats the whole reason i quit, what do you have to spend 1.2m cash and 50ish ships? theirs nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Baconjack on malachite and virdian
[Nov 13, 2009 9:07:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

I have to admit... a hearty and I had a conversation on Cobalt, and the BLUF was that we essential pay for the privilege of being BETA testers on ICE. Now, it's true that playing on ICE lets folks see new releases before they hit production. However, it's also true that a lot of other companies subsidize their BETA testing. Maybe if there was some sort of incentive for playing on ICE - a "tester's discount" or something else of material worth - more players would go over there to do the actual testing. The other option would be to employ "professional" testers, and those folks almost never uncover all the bugs that players will find - players will always do something that the developers did not forecast or code for.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Nov 22, 2009 3:22:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Captainpk

My suggestion would be that they take the people that are online ice 's own inhabitans, that will mean , non-dormant ppl and give them a lifetime acces to ice. People like me , i descovered many bugs during testing and i gave feedback to the none-ice player base. they could all read up in the ice update log. as could the Developers and Ocean masters.

collector of all shiners
[quote]Luctor et emergo
[Nov 23, 2009 6:51:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Swashpario

Or they could exile some banned players to Ice.
[Nov 23, 2009 3:07:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captainpk

Or they could exile some banned players to Ice.

banned means banned, don't give them priveliges by being banned, if you do so, everybody wants to get banned. (would be kinda stupid wouldn't it ?)

collector of all shiners
[quote]Luctor et emergo
[Nov 30, 2009 12:55:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yerep

I play ice alot now nowdays, i pillage alone and am broke from the costs of stock and items on the game. I have to ay wasting 10.00 on a sub is worthless! what do we get from it? a gift in the mail each month? buy 1month sub get 3.00 back? nope nothing. I have been buying 24 dubs/month on sage and it costs 6.00 and i get access i dont get to do everything, everyone else does.. but oh well still get to sail a ship,run a stall, and chat. P.S. Bacon :P come back! rofl. crew is doing alright, but we could use ye! and theres new releases out >:P
[Dec 3, 2009 2:35:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Ww I pillage alone on ICE.. My skills have gone up for it!
Ye say ye are poor.. Perhaps from the poker tables?? I find the solo earnings and expeditions quite lucrative . More than covering costs of stock. I have been able to purchase all the fancy dany pets and clothes and furniture my wee heart .. and me family;s desire!..
We don't ge on as much as our regular ocean.. but is always something going on!
Hearty everyone ye met.
Use /duty and thus /gr to communicate with the rest of us.
Helps loads. in case ye not realize there are no greenies there..
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Dec 5, 2009 5:19:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates