• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 69
Posts: 69   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11898 times and has 68 replies Next Thread
Rick9109

Congratulations Midnight on your m.trophy_43bc6dac Anniversary

We've come a long way.
----------------------------------------
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Oct 27, 2009 6:11:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Ironguts

Re: Congratulations Midnight on your m.trophy_43bc6dac Anniversary

how spiffy is that?

Congrats on your m.trophy_43bc6dac!
Ironguts
Cerulean - Plunder Inc.
Something of Boochin' Katfish
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ironguts at Oct 27, 2009 6:48:55 PM]
[Oct 27, 2009 6:48:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.boochinkatfish.net [Link]  Go to top 
DaneT

It has been said, my friends, that I like war. My friends, I like War. No...I LOVE WAR!

Danet - An old salt of Y!PP, but not the oldest by a long shot.
[Oct 27, 2009 7:08:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gorath

I'm m.trophy_43bc6dac years old. Happy Birthday Midnight. :-p
Gorath
[Oct 27, 2009 7:40:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

I'm still waiting for my golden familiar and pension to go with this trophy.

Morgana
[Oct 28, 2009 12:00:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
aiela

I never thought I'd see my m.trophy_43bc6dac anniversary. It seems like just yesterday...

(Of course, only my first pirate has it so far, not the one I ended up using. So I had to log into my seldom used alt to see it. But there it was, in all it's m.trophy_43bc6dac glory!)
----
Aliera of Midnight
Officer of Bootleggers
Owner of Aliera's Weavery Stall on Byrne
[Oct 28, 2009 3:38:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rockitboy

You old farts belong in the pirate old folks home.
Rocketboy
Cursed Isles, ridding the ocean of poor BNAV one ship at a time.
[Oct 28, 2009 5:35:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
aiela

You listen up, sonny! Back in my day we had to go round up all our money buried on islands all over the ocean, and WE LIKED IT!

...wait, no we didn't.

Aliera
----
Aliera of Midnight
Officer of Bootleggers
[Oct 28, 2009 6:10:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

You listen up, sonny! Back in my day we had to go round up all our money buried on islands all over the ocean, and WE LIKED IT!

...wait, no we didn't.

Aliera

Yes we did.

Well, some of us anyway.
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Oct 28, 2009 6:25:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
aiela

Yes we did.

Well, some of us anyway.

Hehe. Point taken. :)
----
Aliera of Midnight
Officer of Bootleggers
[Oct 28, 2009 6:55:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Yeah. I loved going to the bank and seeing where I had money stashed! On the other hand, I wasn't so fond of losing money in a battle because I'd forgotten I was holding it. :)
[Oct 28, 2009 7:40:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Rockitboy

Yeah. I loved going to the bank and seeing where I had money stashed! On the other hand, I wasn't so fond of losing money in a battle because I'd forgotten I was holding it. :)
Now we know the real reason behind the universal purse..

(And I liked having to go to your place of employment to pick up your wages. The bank transfer fees, not so much.)
Rocketboy
[Oct 28, 2009 7:56:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

No real pirate forgets about money on his person.

Buried treasure, that's a different story.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by StuManchu at Oct 28, 2009 10:19:44 AM]
[Oct 28, 2009 10:19:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Congrats to all the active crews and flags who are m.trophy_43bc6dac years old. Especially to those who have reached fame8.
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Oct 28, 2009 11:00:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

...wait, no we didn't.

Aliera

I liked it. It was harder to spend it all )=
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Oct 28, 2009 9:33:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Fumunda

So I take it that mates used to have to bury their treasure. Too bad they don't make this come full circle so that we dig up each others poe on those expeditions!

(The dim light is flickering for an event)
Fumundacheez
Collector of broken bottles
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fumunda at Oct 29, 2009 4:27:14 AM]
[Oct 29, 2009 4:24:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rockitboy

Once upon a time, there was a magical place that exsisted before the birth of the nasty, evil Global Purse Monster. This place had banks, banks that actually held POE. POE was not whiskable. If you whisked to another island, your poe would be deposited in your bank account. You had a bank account on every island. If you wanted to move your POE to another island you had to pay a transfer fee. If you wanted to transfer your POE to another island in another archipelago, you had to pay an outragous fee. If you wanted to stick it to the man (and his fees), and act like a real pirate, you had to risk your POE on the high seas. After a pillage, whatever island ship the ported at, that is where your POE went. If you ported at an island without a bank, it was "buried". I remember living in Jet, but pillaging only in Diamond, because clothes were cheaper there. It also made dropping a war chest more fun because you had to risk the war chest itself to get it to the island you wanted to blockade. Needless to say PVP was much more lucrative in this pirate wonderland.
Rocketboy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rockitboy at Oct 29, 2009 9:04:23 AM]
[Oct 29, 2009 8:10:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luvessy

I never thought of it this way before, but the local purse actually helps to address some of the mega-millionnaire without a poe sink issues that have arisen since the times of global purse.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really address the wealth gap, as casual players would be poorer as well. I wonder if it's proportional?
--Mistymate

(Avatar by Sancha.)
[Oct 29, 2009 8:57:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rolok

Anniversary portraits would be nice...
Yawl, just Yawl.
[Oct 29, 2009 9:12:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Alas, my pirate who would be eligible for this is long gone.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Oct 29, 2009 9:25:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
djibouti

Once upon a time, there was a magical place that exsisted before the birth of the nasty, evil Global Purse Monster. This place had banks, banks that actually held POE. POE was not whiskable. If you whisked to another island, your poe would be deposited in your bank account. You had a bank account on every island. If you wanted to move your POE to another island you had to pay a transfer fee. If you wanted to transfer your POE to another island in another archipelago, you had to pay an outragous fee. If you wanted to stick it to the man (and his fees), and act like a real pirate, you had to risk your POE on the high seas. After a pillage, whatever island ship the ported at, that is where your POE went. If you ported at an island without a bank, it was "buried". I remember living in Jet, but pillaging only in Diamond, because clothes were cheaper there. It also made dropping a war chest more fun because you had to risk the war chest itself to get it to the island you wanted to blockade. Needless to say PVP was much more lucrative in this pirate wonderland.

Yeah, and if you wanted to go from island to island, there was none of this new-fangled "whisking". You puzzled your way there. Ferries existed back in the stone age, but interarch travel took heavy effort. And it was uphill both ways...in a snow storm.

Oh, and everything was free
Crispix
Pirates of the Damned
Yar, the laws of science be a harsh mistress.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by djibouti at Oct 29, 2009 3:02:20 PM]
[Oct 29, 2009 3:00:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Yeah, and if you wanted to go from island to island, there was none of this new-fangled "whisking". You puzzled your way there. Ferries existed back in the stone age, but interarch travel took heavy effort. And it was uphill both ways...in a snow storm.

Oh, and everything was free

More to the fact that you'd ask your friends where they were so you could get a whisk to them.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Oct 29, 2009 3:17:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

Asking friends where they were, only worked if they could then hop on a ship and job us there.

Morgana
[Oct 29, 2009 3:34:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

*laughs* I remember yelling at Cleaver once, because he started a tournament on Turtle with only 5 minutes warning, and I had been unable to get from Emerald to Diamond in that time. I certainly don't miss having to go to specific Inns just to join a tourney.
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
[Oct 29, 2009 5:37:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

Ah the good old days, where often times the SF tourneys were for testing new drop patterns
[Oct 29, 2009 10:46:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

An ocean-spanning journey just to build my own cleaver.

with thousands of poes on my person that were vulnerable to bots.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Oct 30, 2009 8:35:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

Have I ever mentioned the story about how I had to solo 63k to Wrasse to buy a skull dagger?

*laughs* I remember yelling at Cleaver once, because he started a tournament on Turtle with only 5 minutes warning, and I had been unable to get from Emerald to Diamond in that time. I certainly don't miss having to go to specific Inns just to join a tourney.

I do. It was fun to hang out on Alpha with the SFers and just spend an evening doing a number of 250 eights entry fee tourneys with just the folks hanging around. There were enough to make it interesting. Good times, I say.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Talisker at Oct 30, 2009 1:27:13 PM]
[Oct 30, 2009 1:25:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Have I ever mentioned the story about how I had to solo 63k to Wrasse to buy a skull dagger?

About as often as I mention the story of sailing 1.1 million up to Ruby with Redrumjack (who owned half of it) without telling him what we were sailing :-)
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Oct 30, 2009 1:59:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Forget Crimson, remembering all of the old stuff makes me want a retro server.
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
[Oct 30, 2009 7:26:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Rockitboy

How about the days when you could attack navy ships.
Rocketboy
[Oct 30, 2009 10:20:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 69   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates