• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1499 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Sagittary

Adopt-a-NPP Reply to this Post

This is definitely more RP based than game, but it might be nice to be able to promote/adopt an NPP into your crew. This would probably just mean you'd always get that particular NPP among your swabbies though it might be nice for other things (Ship/Crew/Flag Mascot or Dockhand or something? :). This came about when my crew became particularly attached to a certain NPP when that NPP managed to stay alive in all of our fights (even contributing in some and winning one for us). More an idle thought than anything else.
----------------------------------------
Darkwaters, Captain of the Sagely Swashbucklers, Owner of the Mean Stickleback & the Ignorant Grunion
[Aug 11, 2003 5:48:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quickpull

Re: Adopt-a-NPP Reply to this Post

I think we have determined that NPP attachment isn't healthy. We've all seen it and it aint pretty (that dastardly Romantic Jon woeing all out players!). I don't think we're gonna do anything to actually support this sad occurence.
Kendric, Fleet Officer of the Pheonix Warriors
[Aug 11, 2003 5:53:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saynata

...Clever Victor, how I pine for thee.
[size=9] Saynata, Captain and Supreme So-and-So of The Sirens; Former Mistress of the ol' Sew 'n' Sew.
[Aug 11, 2003 6:06:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

It'd be cute. Look for it sometime in 2058.
[Aug 11, 2003 6:45:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jethro

Arr, this feature will form the foundation of The List?. All other features will be placed above it on The List?.
Jethro - Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
Jethykins - Cook of the Salty Mouthfuls and certainly not Jethro in drag. Oh no. Not at all. Nope.
[Aug 11, 2003 7:00:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JGulner [Link]  Go to top 
Bluemerangue

I want Sheepy Ryan to job on my ship.
Ocean: Midnight
Pirate: Aegir
[Aug 11, 2003 8:31:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Bluemerangue [Link]  Go to top 
tommy

Personally, I likes ta have Insane Christian on me ship, if I expect ta do any plunderin with bots. Been known to kick and retry bots for 10 minutes lookin for him.

Nothin like havin religous zealots in a battle.
[Aug 11, 2003 8:33:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
McDxi

I'd like to see some new adjectives in bot names, like "Horribly Disfigured" or "Mangled" or "Generally Untrustworthy" or "Callipygian".
[Aug 11, 2003 8:36:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jethro

McDxi wrote: 
"Callipygian".
Now that's my kind of NPP!
Jethro - Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
Jethykins - Cook of the Salty Mouthfuls and certainly not Jethro in drag. Oh no. Not at all. Nope.
[Aug 11, 2003 9:27:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JGulner [Link]  Go to top 
Soma

am I the only one that kicks the stinky and slimy ones on principle?
Soma
Castaway of Alpha
Survivor of Old Spice & Nyx's Scions
Officer of Black Death
[Aug 11, 2003 5:02:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tybalt

*laughs*

Glad to hear I'm not the only one taunting the NPP's. We had a "Tiny Johnson" last night. He was a heck of a fighter! Maybe he was just touchy about his name.
[Aug 11, 2003 11:50:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dnxthx

I'd love to see the addition of some less flattering prefixes:

Apathetic
Bloodshot
Blubberous
Bumbling
Excitable
Feral
Ignorant
Ineffective
Hirsute
Laconic
Looney
Naive
Narcoleptic
Rabid
Risque
Shapely
Shapeless
Underwhelming
Unkempt

PS. "Callipygian" is great.
Duncan
[size=10]Reformed Player
[size=8]Avatar by AaronZOOM
[Edit 2 times, last edit by dnxthx at Aug 12, 2003 12:07:05 AM]
[Aug 12, 2003 12:07:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jota

Hey, what's so unflattering about hirsuite? There are a lot of -beards in this game who might disagree.
[Aug 12, 2003 12:34:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/grunk/2002/04/24/ [Link]  Go to top 
garf

and lazy is definitely in there already.
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Aug 12, 2003 1:13:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Actually, we just added about thirty adjectives last week. It will take a while for all of the new ones to filter in, but some are most enjoyable and many are in your suggestion list.

-Nemo
[Aug 12, 2003 6:47:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
akebia

Quickpull wrote: 
I think we have determined that NPP attachment isn't healthy. We've all seen it and it aint pretty (that dastardly Romantic Jon woeing all out players!).

Aye, I am indeed filled with woe. I did not know I had been outed.

The Ringers had to enter Romantic Jon into the NPP ("Non-Player-Pirate Protection Program"), and they gave some other sap his name to throw me off the scent. I know Romantic Jon's hairstyle, hair color, skin color, and wardrobe, and we all know that you can't change those! I finally found and confronted the imposter hiding on Winter Island, and spent a good hour beating his skull in with my sword. I made the mistake of telling Cleaver, and the next day, the Ringers must have airlifted everyone off Winter Island and planted new NPPs there-- in fact, all of the NPPs looked different. None of them could answer my questions, either.

They say it has something to do with randomly regenerating the NPPs whenever a severe change occurs in the way they function, but I don't believe it. I know the real Romantic Jon is still out there, and I will find him before Celes does.
[Aug 12, 2003 7:29:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
McDxi

P.S. There should be an "Earl" if there's not one already.
[Aug 12, 2003 7:25:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates