• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 58
Posts: 58   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4230 times and has 57 replies Next Thread
ppplushies

Illegal Drug Report and General Thoughts Reply to this Post

Hey all. Recently I have been assigned the task of writing a report on people's uses of illegal drugs, what they think about illegal drugs in general, and what they believe on the possibility of legalization (of Marijuana and MDMA).

First off, I'd like to state that I was somewhat hectic to post this on this forum due to not knowing how the general "forum population" would react; if you get offended or find this thread inappropriate, please PM an OM so they can make the final decision. On that topic though, I felt that in order to get more opinions / experiences about drug use and legalization, that I'd need to do actual research on my own, and not simply look it up on the internet. I know discussion about these topics are somewhat controversial, so if someone has a differing opinion than yourself, I'd appreciate it if everyone acts mature and can debate in a respectful manor. Added to that, I ask that if anyone posts personal stories / experiences, that everyone should refrain from personal attacks and criticism of that person. Now, onto what my report is about...

My teacher has asked me to do research on the opinions of people about the use of illegal and "high" producing drugs. The drugs in question are simply any drug that produces a "high" (even legal ones), ranging from Cannabis to "harder" drugs like DXM, MDMA, Cocaine and Methamphetamine.

So what I'd like to ask you is if you have ever taken any illegal / legal drugs that produce a "high"? If so, which ones? Added to that, I'd like to ask everyone's general opinions on "high" producing drugs - do you believe it's OK for people to experiment with these drugs? Do you believe it's alright for people to use these drugs for medical or spiritual use?

As a somewhat side issue, I'd like to know what you think on the possibility of legalizing Marijuana and MDMA.

I know that this may not be the right place to ask these sort of questions, as I know there's a strong bias on this forum, but I have asked other forums / people and done more research, so hopefully that will give me better results.
----------------------------------------
Kadazzle
[Sep 22, 2009 6:46:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Re: Illegal Drug Report and General Thoughts Reply to this Post

Hey, can I make a suggestion, that might help? Use one of those free survey sites to make a survey. People here are pretty cool about filling them out, and that way no one has to worry about broadcasting drug use to the forums. You could ask about what kind of drugs people have taken, whether they still take, how often, etc and also about legalization in multiple choice questions, and then have comment areas too :)

I don't know of any strong bias on the forums, by the way...I must be reading the wrong threads.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Sep 22, 2009 7:04:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ppplushies

I don't know of any strong bias on the forums, by the way...I must be reading the wrong threads.

The strong bias comment was based on drugs, not any other topic. I got this opinion from many of the Marijuana threads where many people would be on one side of the argument, while a very small minority would be on the other side of the argument, hence the bias comment.

I will also go ahead and create a survey.
Kadazzle
[Sep 22, 2009 7:08:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OdorOfFrodo

Yeah, I'm one of the few who would be comfortable telling you, out in the open, what illegal drugs I've partaken in. Do the survey thingamajiggy.
Ecavatar by Ecastasy!
Talisker wrote: 
Obviously this calls for dressing up as Karl Marx.

[Sep 22, 2009 8:17:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

i smoke weed everyday of my life!
i don't give a scup!

{edit}
everyDAY
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by andman at Sep 22, 2009 8:38:12 PM]
[Sep 22, 2009 8:26:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
da_ripper

So what I'd like to ask you is if you have ever taken any illegal / legal drugs that produce a "high"? If so, which ones? Added to that, I'd like to ask everyone's general opinions on "high" producing drugs - do you believe it's OK for people to experiment with these drugs? Do you believe it's alright for people to use these drugs for medical or spiritual use?

No.

Yes, if they are soft.

Yes.

Game over. Winner: Expel.
Antix says, "Expel just pikachu'd the charizard out of him"
Antix says, "Nice one"
Expel says, "Super effective"

Chimeravirus of Viridian.
[Sep 22, 2009 8:27:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OdorOfFrodo

Ahem...to answer the following: Yes. Weed (cannabis sativa, whatever) and various hash products, salvia, shrooms, and cocaine. (Hopefully I'll try acid when my friend gets back from Nova Scotia.) I encourage all governments to fully legalize and regulate all drugs, "soft" and "hard", possibly with certain age limits from drug to drug. And I would be rather an idiot if I used drugs recreationally and didn't think people should use them for medical or spiritual uses, wouldn't I?
Ecavatar by Ecastasy!
Talisker wrote: 

[Sep 22, 2009 8:37:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

Spoiler!

lol

Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by andman at Sep 24, 2009 6:02:04 PM]
[Sep 22, 2009 8:44:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
nunny_45

If you count alcohol, yes otherwise no.

It doesnt realy bother me when they are taken for personal use, if you want to cause yourself harm go ahead. Its people who use them in a way that effects other people that pisses me off (prime example is the current ad on Australian TV about people driving while on drugs).

I would say for medical and spiritual use, but far to abusable.
Nunny
[Edit 3 times, last edit by nunny_45 at Sep 22, 2009 9:27:56 PM]
[Sep 22, 2009 9:26:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Burnt_Water

The reason why you won't see cannabis becoming legal easily is because of the UN: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Convention_on_Narcotic_Drugs
Hard and big guide to whack off Brigands
How to make a pirate feel good
[Sep 23, 2009 12:31:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Bored en route? Bring a book or puzzle next time. [Link]  Go to top 
Rincewindy

My teacher has asked me to do research on the opinions of people about the use of illegal and "high" producing drugs. The drugs in question are simply any drug that produces a "high" (even legal ones), ranging from Cannabis to "harder" drugs like DXM, MDMA, Cocaine and Methamphetamine.

As a somewhat side issue, I'd like to know what you think on the possibility of legalizing Marijuana and MDMA.

I know that this may not be the right place to ask these sort of questions, as I know there's a strong bias on this forum, but I have asked other forums / people and done more research, so hopefully that will give me better results.

Im gonna play a bit of Devils Advocate here, you should realise that what I point out is not a criticism of you in any way, merely a way to improve your project.

"High" is a very broad way of describing a drug, do you mean a drug that gives a positive effect to the users body/mind or one that sets you off in an absoloute spin in your own little universe?

Further to the fact, you mention for "Spiritual" use by this I'm assuming you refer to religions such as the Rastafari Movement where the use of drugs " cleans the body and mind, heals the soul, exalts the consciousness, facilitates peacefulness, brings pleasure, and brings them closer to Jah." So are you asking people for their comments on the physical as in the use of the drug giving these benefits that thier religion dictates or the psycological effects where the users believe that these effects are happening without any actual changes.

Sorry if I come overly aggresive, but im currently very interested in the perception of illegal drugs too as at our school we recently had a "drug ring" busted(Including growers and sellers, all students). The school took a very hard line on this and expelled 12 boys, one of whom is now facing criminal persecution for selling. This is the most students ever expelled in a single event for drug use in our regions history and as you can expect there have been many differing opinions on the schools actions.

Now, onto your questions, ill try to provide the multiple viewpoints that recently emerged in additon to my own.

No, I have never personally used drugs, but I do know that if I wished to experiment I could easily obtain some. The boys at school were routinely smoking cannabis, occasionally within school grounds

I personally have no objectification against others experimenting, I have tried to discourage a few friends when it started becoming noticeable, and one of those friends took the advice and is not sober. There was resentment to the users before the incident, many students were angered by the fact that at a expensive private school which had a large waiting roll these students were effectivly denying other more deserving students places.

Im always cautious of users who put it down to medical/spiritual reasons. Just yesterday there was a TV show of an elderly lady who started taking cannabis for pain relief then moved on to be a grower/seller. She stated "I'd take it preemptivly, and then there would be no pain." Which to me sounded rather suspicous, like applying a band aid then getting pleasede because the skin underneath was healthy. While drugs doubtless have mind altering effects what can start out innocent can easily descend into an addiction.

Sorry about the long post, as I mentioned, its something that rather prevelant in my mind at the moment, best of luck with your project
Currently utilising /forummute on a number of players, if you cant get my attention then your probably one of said players.
[Sep 23, 2009 1:20:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drusilla

She stated "I'd take it preemptivly, and then there would be no pain." Which to me sounded rather suspicous, like applying a band aid then getting pleasede because the skin underneath was healthy.

Stepping in here as someone who has had chronic, predictable pain. It may sound suspicious, but it is a fact that chronic pain is more easily treated pre-emptively, rather than waiting for it to become unbearable. For example, I had blackout, vomit-inducing headaches every time I stood, for months. I knew when they would strike, and I knew that if I took my pain pills regularly they would be less severe. If I had waited until I hurt so bad that I couldn't stand, the pain pills wouldn't have given enough relief quickly enough. There is a strong argument for taking pain medicine pre-emptively if you know when and how chronic pain will strike.

Back on topic, I would be happy to fill out a survey detailing my drug use or hypothetical lack thereof.
Avast! Jesus were a leopard.
[Sep 23, 2009 5:17:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    drusilla_ypp    raspberryjamdeg [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Do your own homework!
Antix
Captain of Inglorious Bastards
[Sep 23, 2009 6:16:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Interestingly, I never had a problem with Pot being decriminalized. I visited Amsterdam, spoke to the locals and I'm now of the opinion that it should remain outlawed.
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Sep 23, 2009 7:17:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crotty

Afroman
[Sep 23, 2009 7:41:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CarlosBones

Do your own homework!

With you avatar, I can only think of this when you mention homework.

Mccannibal
Riot
[Sep 23, 2009 8:15:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OdorOfFrodo

Who gets addicted to pot?

Is that even possible?
Ecavatar by Ecastasy!
Talisker wrote: 

[Sep 23, 2009 8:34:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

My personal view on this is that.. they should be legalised. Although I do not approve of the use of drugs, nor have I ever take any, nor do I plan to, I still believe everyone has a right to make their own choices. You make the wrong choice, you deal with the consequences.

To sum it up: Drugs are bad, but it should be your choice.
I honestly don't care anymore.
[Sep 23, 2009 9:19:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

You guys should use "swim"(someone who isn't me), just in case pigs(cops) give a banana what a few internet pirates do at home.

Swim has tried benzos (xanax and valium to be specific), DXM, pot, alcohol, nicotine, kratom, sativa divi-whatever, and a few non scheduled drugs like gabapentin and carisoprodol.

I believe all drugs should be legal. It's bunny that nicotine and alcohol (which, by the way, is the 2nd worst drug you could ever do to your body) remain legal, and drugs like heroin and cocaine aren't. But big pharma would lose lots and lots of cash if people would smoke pot instead of popping percocets (what up, semi-heroin), klonopins, and anti-depressants which rarely work better than a placebo and ruin your banana. So the chances of pot or anything that is illegal now would be legal are less than hitting the lottery twice in a row.

The whole system is severely screwed, because we can't do orange about it. (hahahaha if you think voting means anything) They still teach in school, " DONT DO DRUGS. Dying from drugs is random! I know a guy who snorted coke for 20 years and he's still alive, and I know another guy who did it his first time and died! DONT DO DRUGS!" It works just as effective as teaching abstinence does, and leads to more death and sickness just like teaching abstinence. Kids are gonna do drugs, regardless of what their 10th grade health teacher says, because they see their friends do it and they're tired of dealing with their shitty parents. Then they do way too much their first time, and they die. Parents wanna blame drug dealers and their child's friends, because it's easier to shift blame than accepting they suck.

Yes, I am proposing that we should have serious drug education, instead of teaching SAY NO TO ALL DRUGS ALWAYS OMG. There might be an increase in drug use, sure, but there would be a lot less deaths. I think that's a pretty good trade, for both the kids and the government who'll need these kids for when they wanna start pissing off North Korea even more.

The worst part is that humans naturally put a lot of faith in doctors, especially when it comes to their kids. They wouldn't agree to their kid who can't make friends getting benzos if they were warned about the insane addiction capacity. And they don't expect to be a drug addict when their doctor writes them up a script of vicodin for their lower back pain, instead of being told "Exercise more and stretch your hamstrings everyday." Doctors desperately wanna be your drug dealer, because money is more important than ethics. We trust doctors a lot more than we trust politicians when both of them are comparable in terms of incompetence and being full of banana. Doctors, cashiers, mechanics, scientists, lawyers, farmers, politicians, etc., are all the same: Most of them suck; all of them want more money.
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cronus at Sep 24, 2009 12:13:44 AM]
[Sep 23, 2009 10:35:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

I don't do drugs, because living in my brain is trippy enough, tyvm. Sure, I've tried hash, but since I'm not a smoker, I can honestly say I didn't inhale. Much. There was that one time when I did and coughed really badly. I don't even drink coffee, nor cola. I personally don't like "unnatural highs", although of course my body is a temple to the 100% natural by-products of the action of yeast on sugar and starch and their mellowing side-effects.

But my personal opinion is that as long as substance use does not hurt others (the point where it becomes abuse), nobody - especially not "the law" - should be telling other people how to live their lives, with the proviso that collectively, as a society, we should try to enable people to live life as they want to. The golden rule of "Don't harm others", if followed universally, would make many laws irrelevant. For example, the vast majority of drinkers nowadays don't then drive. It's not because of the law so much as education and common sense.

The most important arguments for legalisation though are nothing to do with my liberal opinion, but straight logic. First, even if it is only decriminalized for users (as in the Netherlands), with a tolerance policy that allows stuff to be sold in certain places, but not on every street corner, a country like the US could save billions on prisons.

Perhaps more importantly, regardless of whether it is fully or partially decriminalized, if there is tolerance for the users at least, then it becomes easier to ensure their health and safety. For example a licensed rave could be required to submit their stock of "pill of the month" to testing by authorities, and also to ensure that trained medical personnel are on standby for the duration of the event.

A final note: if it is legal, it can be taxed, and the government also need not worry about spending massive resources on the "war on drugs".
[Sep 23, 2009 10:40:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Indeed

Is that even possible?

While it's not chemically addictive, the relaxed, entertained, happy state can become preferable to the mundane if one is not careful.

One might even spend 6 months in a haze of smoke and whatever else one's dealer/boyfriend brings home for funsies before realizing that there's life to get on with.

One, having not smoked pot in a very long time, might consider it a recreational activity akin to drinking, which one might partake in on a rare occasion, but is not conducive to everyday living.

One will definitely be discussing all of this with her children in detail, as having parents who didn't cop to youthful indiscretions until after one's arrest didn't do one any good at all.
Dmentia says, "It thrills me when Indeed is mean."
SomeIdiot tells you, "I am muting you, because you're unnormal, maybe you're hurt in real life"
Quoth Rubby, "There's something wrong with your brain."

[Sep 23, 2009 11:31:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.goonbunnies.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

I have to admit, if you'd asked me what I thought about drug use and legalization even a few years ago, it would have gone something like this:

HWFO. HWFO. HWFO. OMG. NO. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I like to think I'm a *wee* bit calmer nowadays.

That said, I've got an addictive personality, and I avoid ALL types of drugs like the plague - even caffeine. (To bare my soul a bit: my paternal grandfather and uncle are hard-core alcoholics, my 17 year old cousin was just admitted to rehab with a meth addiction, and, as far as I know, my mother's side is riddled with alcoholism, too. Fun.) My parents were pretty up front with me about growing up in the 60s (to the point that I was shocked when my father admitted he did NOT drop acid when I asked a few months ago), but also about the dangers in my genetics.

At a very young age, I decided to steer clear of all the substances... which really doesn't seem to be noticeable if you wear me out/hop me up on enough sugar. I spent all four years of my college life in a substance-free dorm, and I still have never had a drop of non-cooking/medicinal alcohol in my life.

Until a few years ago, when Spotty's gentle teaching me about alcohol use finally kicked in, I would completely freak out about being around drinkers, drinking, and generally drunk behavior. (I still can't stand anything to do with vodka, but that's a nasty side-effect of some childhood trauma.) I'm still not completely comfortable, but I do handle small gatherings with people who handle their recreational drinking well. I am no longer terrified of being near people drinking a glass of wine or a beer with their meal (which makes Thanksgiving and other holidays a lot less of an ordeal).

Honestly, I think weed should be legalized. It should be heavily regulated, yes, but it's a relatively harmless drug, in the scheme of things, and isn't nearly as harmful as tobacco. I know prohibition didn't go well, but alcohol is a major problem... though I wonder if lowering the drinking age would actually *help*, as it might take away the allure of the taboo. I'm split on harder drugs. Clearly, the "war on drugs" is essentially a waste of time, money and other resources. On the other hand, those things do very nasty things to the body and mind... so, I'm not sure there.
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Sep 23, 2009 11:49:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
OdorOfFrodo

Is that even possible?

While it's not chemically addictive, the relaxed, entertained, happy state can become preferable to the mundane if one is not careful.

Too true. However, one could claim that playing Puzzle Pirates is more enjoyable than not doing so, and therefore one can be addicted to it.

Shall we ban running, hanging out with friends, and sleeping because they are more enjoyable than the alternative (which is to say lethargy, being alone for the rest of your life, and dying of severe insomnia)?

People don't get stuck with a dirty needle and become "addicted" to pot (I assume this involves sponging off old college buddies and watching Gabba Gabba Hey and Happy Days reruns all day long). They have to have a particular personality, and a particular attitude to the drug and to life itself. At that point, does the word addiction really still hold water? Or is it just a meaningless attachment, designed to make everyone else feel better?
Ecavatar by Ecastasy!
Talisker wrote: 

[Sep 23, 2009 4:45:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bakar

OdorOfFrodo wrote: 
shrooms
These alter perception instead of inducing a "high".
[Sep 23, 2009 4:59:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Destroyed. Reply to this Post

All drugs that can be linked to euphoria alter perception.

gg no re
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Sep 23, 2009 5:04:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ellopoppet

When I was in highschool someone from the State or some drug angency was going around our town asking if we would do a survery for 25.00 cash. I said sure and someone came out with a little book all about what drugs I have heard of or taken.

The survey was 45 minutes long and I learned that you can huff ANYTHING. Point being, isn't there info out there already on this that would help you?

I've hadn't done any drugs then and I still haven't but my views on them have changed.
8 out of 10 of my friends have smoked pot, 2-3 do it weekly. I don't care, and to me it's just as normal as smoking a cigarette.

Meth and Coke and all that jazz is what hookers and pimps use. People on Meth are the worst kind of crazy and lowest on the drug totem pole in my view.

In college it was big to take Ritalin to help us get though all nighters or just to take the edge off. I am not for abusing prescription drugs but under those levels of stress buying a few pills is a God send.
~Athens~ Hunter

Want to know who makes my avatars?
[Sep 23, 2009 5:06:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bakar

Re: Destroyed. Reply to this Post

There's a difference between drugs that directly induce euphoria by stimulating certain parts of your nervous system and drugs that alter your brain's interpretation of stimuli which then causes euphoria (good "trips"), or conversely, trauma (bad "trips").
[Sep 23, 2009 5:10:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Re: Destroyed. Reply to this Post

Shut up the both of you. Your post topic edit does not make you edgy or cool.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by StuManchu at Sep 23, 2009 5:13:51 PM]
[Sep 23, 2009 5:12:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Stu is a jerk, but at least he's a kyooty. Reply to this Post

There's a difference between drugs that directly induce euphoria by stimulating certain parts of your nervous system and drugs that alter your brain's interpretation of stimuli which then causes euphoria (good "trips"), or conversely, trauma (bad "trips").

Hmm, that's correct, but there's not a single high/euphoria inducing drug that doesn't alter perception one way or another. Whatever, it's all good. :)

Any and every drug can produce dysphoria (or a "bad trip" if hallucinating), even pot. I knew a chick who would green out (when you're nauseous, groggy, bitter, hungry, and it feels like your pancreas is gonna explode -- usually the result of way too much cannabinoids) just from one hit of pot, even high quality kush. And for the record, pot is a mild hallucinogen.

I will say that bad settings account for most bad trips, and genetics account for dysphoria and/or not getting high on non-hallucinogens. Tramadol and gabapentin are notorious for either being a damn good drug for some people, and for others, it pisses them off beyond belief. But this is kinda obvious. That's why there are black box warning on all anti-depressants that you may become suicidal when taking these.

Good addition to the thread, mate.
[Sep 23, 2009 5:41:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

First off, anyone who posts specific personal experiences with illegal drugs or activities in a public forum on the internet is asking for trouble. You should revise your request to be a simple set of questions, quick to answer, and ask them to PM it to you.

Meth doesn't really produce a high. It's just you, sober, ten times faster than normal, and it's immediately and instantly addictive. Very very dangerous and horrible drug. Very few people who try it don't end up junkies.

Here's a list of activities and chemicals in order of how addictive they are, 1 being the most addictive:

1) Meth
2) Crack Cocaine (or freebased cocaine)
3) Heroin
4) Cigarettes
5) Regular Cocaine
6) World of Warcraft
7) Opium
8) Gambling
9) Alcohol
10) Sleeping Pills / Pain Pills
11) TV
12) Internet discussion forums
13) Marijuana
14) Sex
15) Jogging
48) Mushrooms
104) LSD

I have not tried everything on this list, but I know people who've tried all of it, so I've got a pretty good first hand perspective.

My opinion on drug legality is to do what works. What the US does now doesn't work. California has basically end-arounded the federal government, legalized pot, and collected tax revenue from its sale. This was one of the few smart things California has done. It galls me how much of my tax money is going towards keeping marijuana offenders in jail. It's simply staggering the amount of cash that takes.

I recognize the want and need to prohibit activities that become destructive to society, and acknowledge that addiction is a driver for those destructive activities. As such, I'm fine with the government prohibiting anything clinically shown to be more addictive than cigarettes. (meth, heroin, crack) I find it unfortunate that government prohibitions on most other activities less addictive than cigarettes are usually driven by profit motives, as the cigarette and alcohol companies don't want to lose what amounts to a government subsidized monopoly on partying.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chavez67 at Sep 24, 2009 6:17:15 AM]
[Sep 24, 2009 6:15:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 58   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates