• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2705 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
cory1321

Ice Ocean Log in Reply to this Post

I bought 48 dubloons today, and i tried to log in to ice...and it says that i dont have the requirements to play on the ocean

Did they change it so you have to be a subscriber now? or is it just bugged?
----------------------------------------
Baconjack on malachite and virdian
[Aug 31, 2009 5:32:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cory1321

Re: Ice Ocean Log in Reply to this Post

as does LJAmethyst who commented on my original thread in tech issues
[Aug 31, 2009 5:57:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

When I petitioned, Nemesis suggested that I uninstall and reinstall the game from scratch. Evidently the first release today was bugged. If I'm still unable to log in after a reinstall then I should submit a bug report.

Too lazy to reinstall at the moment, but maybe someone else wants to try it.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Aug 31, 2009 6:16:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
cory1321

That didnt work :( waste of time! haha
[Aug 31, 2009 6:53:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Swashpario

I lost access right after the first update, but im not sure if thats just because it has been a month since I have last bought dubs or not.
"Rocktrapping is the true test of a bnavver's ability"
[Sep 1, 2009 1:47:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

when i got 10$ worth of dubs i had 2 months and a half access, i marked on my desk calendar. that shouldn't be the issue.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Sep 1, 2009 2:52:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xdarkshadow8

I can't log in either, and i coulda sworn I had a month left.
Xdarkstrider--Ice
Crew------------ When the Fuse is Lit--
Flag-------------STEP TO ME
[Sep 4, 2009 4:05:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

While there was a bug for doublooner access, it should be noted that if no transactions have occurred in the last 30 days, you cannot log into Ice*. Even if you buy 500 doubloons, once 30 days goes by, you don't have any more access. This is because the access check goes by whether or not you have 24+ doubloons purchased in your transaction history.

*At least, that's how it's intended to work, not sure if it's actually working as it should or not.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Thunderbird at Sep 5, 2009 4:41:22 PM]
[Sep 5, 2009 4:34:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

it hasn't been that way, but perhaps they fixed it now.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Sep 6, 2009 8:25:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

It almost seems like there is a switch thrown when the new releases start, and that locks out all the previous doubloon buyers. I'm pretty sure I have enjoyed access beyond 30 days, but if a new release cycle begins and I try to log into Ice to check it out, I'm invariably denied until I buy more doubloons.

But I really haven't kept strict track of my activity so this is just my personal impression.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Sep 6, 2009 12:25:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Spyagent20

This seems to be a recurring event. I just bought 42 dubs a few days ago, and after that release Friday i am being told I do not meet the requirements to log on. I was just curious as to if this was happening to anyone else? I have not tried uninstalling/reinstalling but will in just a moment.
Spyagent of Viridian
Retired
Resting in IC
[Oct 4, 2009 8:49:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates