• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 179
Posts: 179   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 34017 times and has 178 replies Next Thread
Arcturus
Developer

Ice Release Aug 31 - Sept 14 Reply to this Post

2009-09-14
  • Fix some issues with ice petitions being boochy.
  • Fix bug forcing gilded cannons to be placed backwards on longships.
  • Fix bug causing labor reports to sometimes claim excessive unused hours.
  • Various translation updates.

2009-09-11
  • Do a better job choosing where to perform offline labor based on the wage we'd get.
  • Fix missing translations for old shoppe labor log entries.
  • Fix some boochiness with some labor related messages.
  • Fix logging foraging to a pirate's labor history; foraging done after this release should show up properly the following day.

2009-09-10
  • New figurehead: Sea Serpent.
  • Fix icons for figureheads.
  • Fix issue causing two stalls on ice to break.
  • Fix bug causing higher level zombie trophies to be handed out erroneously.
  • Adjust the gold requirements for making dive helms.
  • Combine shoppe records for employee pay.
  • Combine foraging log records.

2009-09-09
  • New furniture for manufacture: Mermaid Figurehead, Gryphon Figurehead, Gilded Cannons, and Gilded Helm. These can be used to replace existing cannons/prows/helms.
  • Adjust how offline labor is handled on subscription oceans: if one pirate on an account can't make use of the hour, try using it on the other pirates.
  • Make dummies match the target pirate's injuries.

2009-09-04
  • Increase the reward for defeating the Atlantis Citadel
  • Log to the building records when someone works at a shoppe either on reserve labor or on anything else not covered by escrow.
  • Some behind-the-scenes excitement with sloop & warbrig bowsprits that if we did right, you won't notice.
  • Adjust fighting dummy difficulty and add better logging so we can see how well that's working.
  • Fix bug with choosing what players are booted in over-full skelly/zombie fights.

2009-08-31
  • New hat: Buccaneer Hat. Similar but distinct from the savvy hat.
  • Small adjustment to cursed isles chest distribution to gunners and fighters.
  • Combine all of the shoppe/vessel commodity management interfaces onto one tabbed interface to make it easier to switch between them.
  • Fix somewackiness with typing prices into some of the commodity interfaces.
  • Use a smaller icon for furniture on the product pricing interface to fit more at a time.
  • Put shoppe recipes on its very own panel, accessible to everyone. Shopkeepers can find it on the shop management radial menu, others will find it where the management radial would be.
  • Orders may now be placed on behalf of your shoppe with any appropriate shoppe on the island (ones that make commodities or the same shoppe type) - the cost will be paid from the shoppe's coffers. These orders will be deliverable by any manager at your shoppe from the Manage Orders interface. On doubloon ocean, any doubloon delivery fee will still need to be paid by the delivering pirate.
  • Managers must now pay full price even at their own shoppe - they should generally use the Order for yer Shoppe mechanism to pay straight out of the shoppe coffers.
  • New fighting dummies (Swordfighting & Rumble versions) - you can associate these with a particular pirate and then fight against a dummy dressed and armed like yer hearty.
  • Cutters now have in-scene bowsprits to match their icon. (Yes, this seems random - I promise there is method to our madness)
  • Fix bug with wrapping of certain item names (e.g. Poniard) on the Completed Orders panel.
  • Fix a bug where Ice didn't allow promotion of non-subscribers when that pirate was offline.

----------------------------------------
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Cephalopod at Sep 14, 2009 1:48:39 PM]
[Aug 31, 2009 3:28:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Swashpario

Re: Ice Release Aug 31 Reply to this Post

Fix a bug where Ice didn't allow promotion of non-subscribers when that pirate was offline.

I love you Arcturus <3
"Rocktrapping is the true test of a bnavver's ability"
[Aug 31, 2009 3:40:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
beccanae2

New fighting dummies (Swordfighting & Rumble versions)

Seem to be missing also. Unless I am looking in the wrong place for them.
[Aug 31, 2009 4:11:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arcturus
Developer

New fighting dummies (Swordfighting & Rumble versions)

Seem to be missing also. Unless I am looking in the wrong place for them.

Fighting dummies are on the "Home" tab.

Also - I'd initially forgotten to turn on the Buccaneer Hat - they should be available now.
[Aug 31, 2009 4:14:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

I'm so confused by the dummies. How are they 'associated' with my hearty? Once I buy one do I customize its appearance further?

Feedback on the recipes button thing:

It's kind of a pain. There isn't even a manager interface for Furnishers on the first floor. This has always been a pain for Furnisher owners/managers. Now it's a pain for everyone.

I still can't figure out how to tell which commodities a shoppe is short on when I'm unable to order their products. When I go to the recipe interface I just keep saying to myself, "Man, I wish I could order from this screen."

At least put the Get Quote button back on the order screen, and if the shoppe can't produce it, tell me exactly why so I know what to sell to them. Did the order from this shoppe only box disappear? I went into a Furnisher on Ice and couldn't find it.

Overall, I'm still very frustrated with ordering and all that went with the old ordering interface that has been lost. I'm more frustrated now because I feel the "fixes" to the new interface aren't going in the right direction.

Do greenies see the recipes button? I'd think that would confuse the hell out of them.
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Aug 31, 2009 4:45:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arcturus
Developer

I'm so confused by the dummies. How are they 'associated' with my hearty? Once I buy one do I customize its appearance further?

Just like the Pirate Bust, you can "Customize Item" from the booty tab to assign it to a pirate by name. Then when you place it in the scene, it should be marked with something like "Challenge Arcturus Dummy" - clicking this will start a fight.
[Aug 31, 2009 4:55:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

At least put the Get Quote button back on the order screen

I meant add the Get Quote button to the recipe interface. The order interface would be awesome too since I am super paranoid of 'live' buttons. the Purchase buttons frightens me greatly. I'm always worried I'll accidentally push it just while browsing. Or push it twice and order 2 of the same product x_x

• New hat: Buccaneer Hat. Similar but distinct from the savvy hat.

• Haven't seen it on a pirate but it looks different enough to me from the order interface image.

• Combine all of the shoppe/vessel commodity management interfaces onto one tabbed interface to make it easier to switch between them.

• This is convenient. I don't think the "Inspect hold" button does that interface justice, since you can now do so much more than inspect the hold.

Fix somewackiness with typing prices into some of the commodity interfaces.

Thank youuuuu! :-*

• Orders may now be placed on behalf of your shoppe with any appropriate shoppe on the island (ones that make commodities or the same shoppe type) - the cost will be paid from the shoppe's coffers. These orders will be deliverable by any manager at your shoppe from the Manage Orders interface. On doubloon ocean, any doubloon delivery fee will still need to be paid by the delivering pirate.

• This sounds great! Can't wait to see it in action on Midnight.

• Managers must now pay full price even at their own shoppe - they should generally use the Order for yer Shoppe mechanism to pay straight out of the shoppe coffers.

• When Ordering for yer Shoppe, the tax comes out of your shoppe's coffers now too aye? I'd like to see how the orders are displayed in the Building Records. I hope it breaks it down and tells you the tax you paid.

• Cutters now have in-scene bowsprits to match their icon. (Yes, this seems random - I promise there is method to our madness)

• New ramming mechanics? New art? /e is intrigued! If the arrrtists ever have some free time it would be cool to make the art not fade out, since the client is now capable of scrolling farther. Not a big deal though, obviously.
    Cire
    Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Aug 31, 2009 5:03:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Inschato

-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
    [Aug 31, 2009 5:53:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    wrs1864b

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here are some of the new screens:

This is the new shop radial dial. As you can see, there are some new icons. The one at 3 o'clock is "Order for this shoppe", the one at 4 o'clock is "Shoppe recipes". Many of the older screens have been changed.

This is the "order for this shop" screen. It is very similar to the regular order products screen, but it lets you order from other shops on the same island. Note that an IM stall has no use for distilleries, but they show up anyway, probably because furnishers can use rum.

This is the new shop recipes screen.

This is what you see in shops that aren't yours, notice the "shop recipes" where there normally is a shop management menu.

This is the updated manage inventory screen. You will see this on both ships and in shops. Basically, it is three related screens that were on separate radial menu options all crammed into one.

This the updated manage order screen. As you can see, there is now a tab for orders that have been placed at this shop, and orders placed for this shop by managers into other shops. The "owner" is the name of the shop. I order to see the full name, I had to change the column sizes, normally, you will just see the truncated name, in this case "Gunnermooc..."
    Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Aug 31, 2009 7:02:23 PM]
    [Aug 31, 2009 6:55:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    xelto

• Put shoppe recipes on its very own panel, accessible to everyone. Shopkeepers can find it on the shop management radial menu, others will find it where the management radial would be.

• Bless you!
    Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
    "Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
    [Aug 31, 2009 7:30:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    BehindCurtai

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here are some of the new screens:

This is the updated manage inventory screen. You will see this on both ships and in shops. Basically, it is three related screens that were on separate radial menu options all crammed into one.

Can we please get "Prices for commodities" and "Prices for labor" added to this group? Thanks.
    "We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
    Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Aug 31, 2009 11:08:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
    Donsmythe

• When Ordering for yer Shoppe, the tax comes out of your shoppe's coffers now too aye? I'd like to see how the orders are displayed in the Building Records. I hope it breaks it down and tells you the tax you paid.

Sadly, you don't get the tax amount. (Not even in your chat log any more.) But at least you can infer it with a little math...

Here's what you get in the shop logs for an order that has immediate delivery:

August 31, 2009 11:27 PM  3,690  Work completed on Donsmythe's order for 100 units of Grog.
    August 31, 2009 11:27 PM 700 Reserve labor used for Donsmythe's order for 100 units of Grog.
    August 31, 2009 11:27 PM -4,690 Donsmythe placed a shoppe order at Donsmythe's Distilling Stall for 100 units of Grog.
    August 31, 2009 11:27 PM Donsmythe placed an order for 100 units of Grog.

Clearly the tax must have been 300, which is right for the order. (4690 - 3690 - 700 = 300; A single order of grog currently has a 30 poe tax, according to the mouse-over, so 300 for 10 orders is expected.)

Regardless, this new way to order things for dockside delivery as well as the new ability to have the shop place orders from other local shops is really cool. It's unfortunate that you can't place shop-based orders on other islands, but I can see why this isn't allowed. Still, it would be cool if any manager could just deliver it to their sloop and sail it in, once it's ready. And it's nice to have all the accounting for external orders (and dockside stuff) all in the shop records, yet another reason purchases from other islands would be neat to have as "shop" orders. (I don't expect to ever see that, though, since implementing it would present some very ugly UI issues.)

As far as the inspect hold thing goes, making it tabbed so you can flip between pages is really nice - especially on ships. I can see already that I'm going to like it a lot. In shops, however, the two screens I find myself flipping between the most are "Manage Inventory -> Buy/Sell Commodities" and "Manage Prices -> Commodities" and since they are still in different groups of tabs, I can't easily flip between them. I still need two pirates logged in at the same time to flip back and forth. *sigh* I don't have a good solution to that, since putting everything into tabs under one menu item is likely to be too cumbersome. But it is a shame that I still have to employ the old workaround.

Could I request that on the shop recipes detail area on the right that you show the tax amounts? I realize that to do this you'd have to add pop-up lists to allow colors to be chosen (be it cloth, fine cloth, enamel, paint) so that an exact tax amount can be properly calculated, but when I'm looking at the recipes like this I really find myself wanting to see that number, especially for a particular color choice! Also, this might be a good place to show what commodities are missing when an order cannot be placed; perhaps a line at the bottom of the recipe that says what commodities the shop needs, if it's going to produce the item as shown.

Also, on order for this shoppe...why does my distillery get to order from Iron Mongers and Weaveries? Bug? And although it should allow me to order from an apothecary, the only relevant apothecary ordering tab is the Enamels tab; perhaps the others shouldn't be available here? It isn't showing the potions, but paint and dye are both showing even though enamels is the only one relevant to a distillery. (I *did* bug these issues.)

Some really neat stuff in here, and so far I haven't bumped into any showstopper bugs! My only disappointment is that there's still no racks in various shops for selling premades (furniture, swords, bludgeons, mugs, potions, ship deeds...all could use racks still...)

Edit: would it be possible to allow us to configure the dummies so that we can set the level of the AI we are playing against? Even just a slider from "Easiest" to "Hardest" would be nice. Right now, the level of the AI that you fight is kind of....pathetic. It might also be neat to have a "reflect" mode where the dummy sends the same strikes/sprinkles/punches back to you so that you can get a better idea of what your attacks are like, and it would probably be useful for those who are trying to figure out the puzzle's mechanics. (Then again, maybe you don't want that to be easy...but you can pretty much already do it, with a little effort: right now people just do unrated challenges with themselves anyways.)
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Donsmythe at Aug 31, 2009 11:21:41 PM]
    [Aug 31, 2009 11:15:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
    randy_chimp

2009-08-31

• Fix somewackiness with typing prices into some of the commodity interfaces.

Does the wackiness include the fact that you cant type into one box after the other without clicking somewhere else? If so thankyou.

What is the reason for managers paying full price? Does this mean they can't put high prices to make it convenient for themselves because this just seems like inconvenience is being added with this change.
    Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
    Blockade Simulator
    [Aug 31, 2009 11:15:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Donsmythe

What is the reason for managers paying full price? Does this mean they can't put high prices to make it convenient for themselves because this just seems like inconvenience is being added with this change.

Just use the order for this shop thingy.... it will take the full price out of your shop coffer and promptly put it right back in, minus the tax. So it comes out as a "free" order in effect and the end result is just like the old way of doing things.

The nice thing is that it makes it easy to separate what's a shop order vs a personal order. Players can always dip into the coffer to give themselves a discount over the normal order price; now taking such a discount is more clearly recorded in the shop records. When I order stuff for myself from my shops, I put poe into the coffers so that I'm paying full price; now I don't have to bother, I can just order and be done with it.
    [Aug 31, 2009 11:27:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
    mari_

Just use the order for this shop thingy.... it will take the full price out of your shop coffer and promptly put it right back in, minus the tax. So it comes out as a "free" order in effect and the end result is just like the old way of doing things.

The nice thing is that it makes it easy to separate what's a shop order vs a personal order. Players can always dip into the coffer to give themselves a discount over the normal order price; now taking such a discount is more clearly recorded in the shop records. When I order stuff for myself from my shops, I put poe into the coffers so that I'm paying full price; now I don't have to bother, I can just order and be done with it.

What I find is going to be a right pain is those of us who have stalls such as a weavery and apo stall purely for the purposes of end supplying my tailors. Both of these stalls are set at crazy prices to deter the public from ordering from them (and to save me having to turn products on and off everytime I wish to place an order). These stalls are NOT at the same islands as my tailors so I cannot use the "order from shoppe" method. With this new release I am either going to have to set my prices reasonably in both the apo and weavery to enable managers who order there to not have to carry large sums of poe around with them and then be supplying to that islands market, or I am going to have to turn off products everytime and back on.

Ok this is viewing it from a selfish point of view but I know I am not a rarity when I self supply end chain shoppes such as a Tailor myself. Personally I see no reason for this new release and its made me a very unhappy bunny. Perhaps if the "buy for this shop" method was available at all islands it would be less of a pain in the ass, but as it stands this new release really smacks hard to a self-supplier :(

Is OOO trying to stop the self-supplying method and make players purchase locally from the island market shops are on?
    Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
    [Aug 31, 2009 11:44:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Inschato

Is OOO trying to stop the self-supplying method and make players purchase locally from the island market shops are on?

If they were, I doubt they would merely create an inconvenience, that's not going to stop the more serious people.
    -Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
    [Aug 31, 2009 11:51:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Thunderbird

What I find is going to be a right pain is those of us who have stalls such as a weavery and apo stall purely for the purposes of end supplying my tailors. Both of these stalls are set at crazy prices to deter the public from ordering from them (and to save me having to turn products on and off everytime I wish to place an order). These stalls are NOT at the same islands as my tailors so I cannot use the "order from shoppe" method. With this new release I am either going to have to set my prices reasonably in both the apo and weavery to enable managers who order there to not have to carry large sums of poe around with them and then be supplying to that islands market, or I am going to have to turn off products everytime and back on.

Ok this is viewing it from a selfish point of view but I know I am not a rarity when I self supply end chain shoppes such as a Tailor myself. Personally I see no reason for this new release and its made me a very unhappy bunny. Perhaps if the "buy for this shop" method was available at all islands it would be less of a pain in the ass, but as it stands this new release really smacks hard to a self-supplier :(

I suspect you can use "Order for your shoppe" even when ordering at the shoppe in question. Can't confirm, as I don't have management access anywhere on Ice.
    Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
    Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
    Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
    [Sep 1, 2009 12:37:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    mari_

I suspect you can use "Order for your shoppe" even when ordering at the shoppe in question. Can't confirm, as I don't have management access anywhere on Ice.

When self supplying the only poe I keep in coffers are to pay labour and buy in fresh commods off the market, now even by purchasing threw "order for shoppe" method this will tie up more poe in escrow until the products are finished thus requiring more poe than before in the coffers. When you are producing things such as black or gold cloth this runs out to being very costly to have effectively double the amount of poe in there you would have needed in the past.
    Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
    [Sep 1, 2009 2:49:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Alwayslast

Damd, i may buy some dubs to get back on Ice for abit to try out new updates! <3
    Retired Nub

*Do i get paid now?*
    [Sep 1, 2009 2:57:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    saintdiana

dub accounts seem to have lost ice access, don't hurry yet.

as for the release: it's great that i don't have to hop around cs like a mad bunny, checking what dye i'm low on, ordering it, going back to deliver, possibly doing that again if i missed one, BUT what would make things really neat would be for that interface to check whether i have stalls of compatible types on the island, and allow an "only my stores" option. like mari said, i can let the prices high, and move 15k around over and over, but it's not neat.
    ~ owlwhisperer ~
    [Sep 1, 2009 3:19:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    yppaltacc

2009-08-31

• New fighting dummies (Swordfighting & Rumble versions) - you can associate these with a particular pirate and then fight against a dummy dressed and armed like yer hearty.

I like the dummy idea alot, so I don't have to torture my buddies to come SF me..instead I can beat their dummy.
    Also, are the dummy fights rated or unrated?

A manager or owner of a shoppe paying full price might be a problem - often if they are mass ordering from their own stall, they might have to reduce their prices for a while to order as they do not have that much PoE.
    A lot of people take advantage of that short period and mass order themselves from these stalls.
    Danirva on the Sage ocean.
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by yppaltacc at Sep 1, 2009 4:24:29 AM]
    [Sep 1, 2009 4:07:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    tkp42

Managers must now pay full price even at their own shoppe - they should generally use the Order for yer Shoppe mechanism to pay straight out of the shoppe coffers.

I'm not sure why this was added. What's the point of being someone's manager if you can't get the price break? Does this mean the only person who gets to order and pay only the tax rate is the stall / shoppe owner? Why was this change necessary?
    Tonya+nator
    Claiming poker ruined the game since 2006
    [Sep 1, 2009 4:08:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
    Varthlokkur

Managers must now pay full price even at their own shoppe - they should generally use the Order for yer Shoppe mechanism to pay straight out of the shoppe coffers.

I'm not sure why this was added. What's the point of being someone's manager if you can't get the price break? Does this mean the only person who gets to order and pay only the tax rate is the stall / shoppe owner? Why was this change necessary?

Haven't seen Ice, but from the four or so year old discussion of this idea, the prevailing opinion was that everyone should have to pay for the order fully when ordering it for themselves, and that only orders being made for the shop should have the discount. That seems to be the case here from the description.
    Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
    - Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
    [Sep 1, 2009 4:12:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
    tkp42

I found this recipe by accessing the Shoppe Recipes thing from where the Manage Shop info would normally be. The recipe is the same for the male version.

I should have a buccaneer hat ready in about 6 hours, and I'll post pics of what it looks like then. From the little icon, though, it looks like a sideways savvy hat, but we'll see. =)

EDIT: Beccanae has a brown / tan female buccaneer hat on display, as well as a brown / light blue male one. Looks like it's basically a savvy hat with a yellow border.

Tonya+nator
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by tkp42 at Sep 1, 2009 6:26:35 AM]
    [Sep 1, 2009 4:27:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
    wrs1864b

tMBtC wrote: 

Can we please get "Prices for commodities" and "Prices for labor" added to this group? Thanks.

I thought about that also, but I suspect OOO won't change this screen. Remember, this exact same screen shows up on both shops and ships. Ships don't have the pricing stuff.

I do find myself switching between the inventory screen (where the kg is listed) and the commodity prices (where the min/max levels are listed) quite a bit. Clicking different tabs is a lot less mousing around than closing screens and using the radial menu.

Calamarie wrote: 
    When self supplying the only poe I keep in coffers are to pay labour and buy in fresh commods off the market, now even by purchasing threw "order for shoppe" method this will tie up more poe in escrow until the products are finished thus requiring more poe than before in the coffers.

You are right, the shop having to order at full price means that you have to have more in the coffers now than in the past. I don't see why the shop has to charge itself full price instead of just the sales tax. OK, I guess in theory I could see reasons that the shop should put the labor into escrow, but IMHO that is iffy.

New stuff:

* Can you make it so that manager orders are always worked on last? After all other customer orders. After Reserved Labor is filled. I want my paying customers to get the highest priority. If I want stuff at high priority, I'll just place a regular order instead of "ordering for this shop".

Things that are still left out from the old Product Ordering screen:

* Sales tax can't be determined by the average buyer. How can an average player be able to tell how much they lose if they cancel the order?

* Some much more obvious way of letting new players know that they even have the option to cancel an order. (And, of course, problems left over from adding Reserved Labor: most orders can't be canceled anymore, there isn't even a minute grace period.)

* The Ahoy pop up for completed orders may be nice in some ways, but it is very annoying in others and makes a very poor substitute for the old way of seeing which parts of an outfit you have already ordered. There should be a way of seeing what you have ordered from just that shop/bazaar while on the product order screen. The buttons on the Ahoy tab still don't let you deliver stuff to holds, so why are the buttons there?

* A full sized image of the product you are buying can't be seen

* An option to buy where you are at. Put that check box for "only this store" on for everyone, click it to be the default if you are the owner/manager of the store you are in and off or everyone else.

Overall, I like the new screens. More playing around with them
    Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
    [Sep 1, 2009 4:37:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    tkp42

Re: Pirate Dummies ~

I love this idea, but I don't think the Tonyanator Dummy is really based on my stats. I'm legendary pretty much across the board in rumble, but I whupped my dummy's stuffed butt way too easily. About halfway through the match, I was thinking, "Man, my dummy sucks at rumble!"

Also, are these counted as rated matches or not?

And why can't we have a drinking version or TD even? I can always find rumble partners, but it's like pulling hen's teeth to get someone to play drinking, even on free puzzle days.

Tonya+nator
    [Sep 1, 2009 4:43:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
    wrs1864b

2009-08-31

For those who are curious, the cutter bowsprits look exactly like those found on merchant brigs and war frigs, except without the figure head and banner. Maybe a new sailing station? I dunno. Maybe just madness to their methods. ;-)
    [Sep 1, 2009 5:25:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    tkp42

I need a picture of this. What the heck is a bowsprit?

Tonya+nator
    [Sep 1, 2009 5:53:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
    wrs1864b

I need a picture of this. What the heck is a bowsprit?

The bowsprit is the "mast" type thing that sticks out from the front of the ship.
    [Sep 1, 2009 5:56:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    tkp42

EDIT: This is me on an old cutter on Ice that has the new change.

EDIT AGAIN: This is me on an old cutter on Sage.

Tonya+nator
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by tkp42 at Sep 1, 2009 6:23:22 AM]
    [Sep 1, 2009 6:07:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 179   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates