• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7977 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
Strider399

The Usual Suspects intend to blockade Fugu [SINKING]

Ahoy! The Usual Suspects are declaring their intent to blockade Fugu Island this Saturday!

Intent Video
Standard Information
  • Time/date: Blockade starts at 12:00 noon game time on Saturday, the 15th. Jobbing will begin at 11:00 am game time.
  • Starting Pay: 500 poe per segment - However, we will match any other pay offers if they're higher than this.
  • Jobbing Contacts: JobTUS and Easy
  • Sinking? Yes!

Colonization Plans

If we were to win, we would have a general naming theme of Poisons, due to the islands name. Fugu is a species of fish, found generally in Japan. It is poisonous, thus where we get the poison theme. We have reviewed the spawns of the island (sugar cane and iron), and therefore believe the following structures should be built, along with the basic infrastructure buildings:
  • A Shipyard Bazaar
  • A Shipyard Shoppe
  • A Iron Monger Bazaar
  • A Distillary Bazaar
  • The fifth is undecided at the moment; We're debating whether to build housing (such as manors), or a shoppe that would be sold. Many people have been asking if we are going to build any additional shoppes to sell, therefore if we do choose to make, and sell a second shoppe... The person paying for it can choose what type of shoppe they want, based on the bazaars built (e.g. an IM shoppe, Distillary shoppe, or Shipyard shoppe).

Encouraging Pillaging

To help encourage pillaging, we will keep the palace stocked with rum and shot. Hopefully the Iron Monger's and Distilleries on the island would take over the market after a month or so. Furthermore, to encourage stall owners to open up shoppe here... we will be setting taxes to 0% for one month, or possibly longer if we feel there aren't enough stalls.

During the Blockade

During the blockade, we will be doing many mini events, such as raffles and trivia. Some of the items that will be raffled off include a sloop, and an un-named elephant. During the round 4 break, we have tournements and events planned for your enjoyment! :).

Also, with this blockade we will be giving out a FREE bandanna to every jobber who wants one!* Males will be receiving navy colored bandannas, while females will receive a maroon bandanna.

And finally, during the blockade we will be handing out bonuses to top puzzlers.

*While supplies lasts

Conclusion

We have high hopes that this blockade will be extremely fun, and exciting for Malachite. We ask that if you're jobbing for EITHER side, to please be respectful. Please don't spread lies or rumors to try and sabotage either side, and most of all.... Have FUN! :). Having Gretchen Goldfang there will spice things up a bit!
----------------------------------------
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Strider399 at Aug 14, 2009 7:19:26 PM]
[Aug 14, 2009 12:01:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Re: The Usual Suspects intend to blockade Fugu [SINKING]

Good luck to you TUS
Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
Clotho has left the vessel.

[Aug 14, 2009 12:03:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legolas_yeah

ToW wishes TUS the best of luck at what will hopefully be an amazing blockade!
Legolars on all oceans + Losgar on malachite
[Aug 14, 2009 12:09:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Good luck TUS ;)
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Aug 14, 2009 12:42:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legolas_yeah

* * The fifth is undecided at the moment; We're debating whether to build housing (such as manors), or a shoppe that would be sold. Many people have been asking if we are going to build any additional shoppes to sell, therefore if we do choose to make, and sell a second shoppe... The person paying for it can choose what type of shoppe they want, based on the bazaars built (e.g. an IM shoppe, Distillary shoppe, or Shipyard shoppe).

Just curious, will that shop be sold in a public auction on forums where anyone get a chance to buy it? or will it be a private deal
[Aug 14, 2009 1:38:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
woody456

Good luck BD
Painful
[Aug 14, 2009 2:00:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

• The fifth is undecided at the moment; We're debating whether to build housing (such as manors), or a shoppe that would be sold. Many people have been asking if we are going to build any additional shoppes to sell, therefore if we do choose to make, and sell a second shoppe... The person paying for it can choose what type of shoppe they want, based on the bazaars built (e.g. an IM shoppe, Distillary shoppe, or Shipyard shoppe).

Just curious, will that shop be sold in a public auction on forums where anyone get a chance to buy it? or will it be a private deal

As stated in the original intent, we are undecide on the 5th building. We are considering a 4th bazaar, housing our a shoppe. We have offers on the table to purchase a shoppe and are considering them. As for if the sale will be public or private, we will decide that when we decide on the direction. More than likely if we decided to sell, it would be private, for either monetary or political gain.
Sid on Obsidian

[Aug 14, 2009 2:20:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
voyager1

Good luck TuS!!

Totally love ya vid guys

Voodoodoll
Queen Drive-By
[Aug 14, 2009 5:28:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
treepirate88

Sid I'm at work right now and the video isn't playing for me in IE or firefox =(

Is there any chance it could be put on youtube?
Expendable - Malachite
Lock it up.
Apollo says, "Expendable, I will now spank you with extreme prejudice"
[Aug 14, 2009 6:59:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

Youtube takes the audio off. :(
Sid on Obsidian

[Aug 14, 2009 7:17:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gotkevlar

Sid I'm at work right now and the video isn't playing for me in IE or firefox =(

Is there any chance it could be put on youtube?

Use chrome!
Kevlar
[Aug 14, 2009 7:35:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TacoTacoToka

Sid your intent is fail!!

Sid asked for it hehe <3
Toka on Malachite
[Aug 14, 2009 9:31:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

Sid asked for it hehe <3

no u.

- Sid
Sid on Obsidian

[Aug 14, 2009 9:47:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TacoTacoToka

Sid asked for it hehe <3

no u.

- Sid

Copy cat!

nub.
Toka on Malachite
[Aug 14, 2009 9:49:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Video is cute!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Aug 14, 2009 10:29:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltypaws

yup...arrr.....we're with ya. : )
[Aug 14, 2009 11:34:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the7c

Great Video! Happy to offer our support.
Lolinda

Monarch of Blue Ice on Mala
Good always prevails!
[Aug 15, 2009 6:25:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Malduk

Colonization Plans

If we were to win, we would have a general naming theme of Poisons, due to the islands name. Fugu is a species of fish, found generally in Japan. It is poisonous, thus where we get the poison theme. We have reviewed the spawns of the island (sugar cane and iron), and therefore believe the following structures should be built, along with the basic infrastructure buildings:
  • A Shipyard Bazaar
  • A Shipyard Shoppe
  • A Iron Monger Bazaar
  • A Distillary Bazaar

this is enough for me. thank ya for a build that will actually see some life around that island. see ya there and good luck!

not that my opinion means much, but... i know that blockade will cost ya tons of money, but i think many would be thankful for a manor (or some other type of housing) rather than another shoppe.
- aquila non capit muscas -
[Aug 15, 2009 6:51:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sassy_Sue

Colonization Plans

• A Shipyard Bazaar
  • A Shipyard Shoppe

Another SY stall and shop? Yeah just what this ocean needs. Good luck TOW!
[Aug 15, 2009 7:13:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Colonization Plans

• A Shipyard Bazaar
  • A Shipyard Shoppe

Another SY stall and shop? Yeah just what this ocean needs. Good luck TOW!

Considering the fact that the other SYs are on outposts and can be easily dusted to put something else if those holding those islands choose to do so, this is not a bad thing.
Yes I am aware they can also dust their own shoppe as well but I doubt that will happen on a medium island, even if the island is taken over, they will get to keep their shoppe unlike outposts.

MY only concern with whoever gets Fugu is that they don't kill the spawns by haphazardly placing their buildings, whatever they are.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Aug 15, 2009 7:57:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sassy_Sue

Synful - actually there are currently 4 upgraded shipyard shops on non-outpost islands. Look around. For a small ocean with so few blockades, another one is just greed and overkill.

I smell a bargaining chip and nothing more.
[Aug 15, 2009 8:02:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
justjames47

Synful - actually there are currently 4 upgraded shipyard shops on non-outpost islands. Look around. For a small ocean with so few blockades, another one is just greed and overkill.

Ummm why blockade a medium if your not going to build yourself somthing usefull. This way there is a SY not in the BD alliance rings hands sounds like a good thing to me and im in BD. Also dont bring up the ringer owned ones because those really dont count and anyone with any sense isnt using them.
Justjames on hunter
[Aug 15, 2009 8:15:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

Ignore her bro, she's just being a clueless fart (whoevers alt you are)
Saviour, Meridian
[Aug 15, 2009 8:17:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

Ummm why blockade a medium if your not going to build yourself somthing usefull. This way there is a SY not in the BD alliance rings hands sounds like a good thing to me and im in BD. Also dont bring up the ringer owned ones because those really dont count and anyone with any sense isnt using them.

Not all the sy's are in the BD ring
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Aug 15, 2009 8:45:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TacoTacoToka

Not all the sy's are in the BD ring

Certainly are not because we have one and we're not with anyone.
Toka on Malachite
[Aug 15, 2009 9:47:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

Certainly are not because we have one and we're not with anyone.

You told me last night you would only be with me... I'm heart broken now.
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Aug 15, 2009 10:23:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legolas_yeah

Good Game and thanks for the fight
[Aug 15, 2009 4:00:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
grizzlyly

Great show TUS.
Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
Clotho has left the vessel.

[Aug 15, 2009 5:19:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Awww...Sid...why didn't you give away a familiar? ;-)

Sure wish I could have been there to participate in the blockade, I bet it was a good one =)
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Aug 15, 2009 8:12:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angelique82

Lol Bunneh I made you look.
Meridian: Ever
Emerald: Everlasting
[Jun 7, 2011 6:56:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates