• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 143
Posts: 143   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 42076 times and has 142 replies Next Thread
Synful

Re: [Intent] [Sinking] Theatre of War intends to make Fugu a theatre of war!

I'm guessing you weren't around during the blockade so I will fill you in, as a JC I keep track of jobbing numbers.

ToW outjobbed 1st round but TUS were ahead by 20 jobbers or so part of R2. I'm also guessing you weren't jobbing for ToW but I was really glad to see many say they didn't want a familiar they were just there helping their friends and allies. Double check next time before posting making assumptions about jobbers numbers and ToW getting most of them before they gave a familiar out.

Now its my turn to guess..I'M guessing you didn't bother to read what I put in white. Enuff said.
----------------------------------------
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Aug 16, 2009 5:23:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silent_Fable

I'm guessing you weren't around during the blockade so I will fill you in, as a JC I keep track of jobbing numbers.

ToW outjobbed 1st round but TUS were ahead by 20 jobbers or so part of R2. I'm also guessing you weren't jobbing for ToW but I was really glad to see many say they didn't want a familiar they were just there helping their friends and allies. Double check next time before posting making assumptions about jobbers numbers and ToW getting most of them before they gave a familiar out.

As someone who was tracking the jobber numbers out of interest. ToW were ahead by 50+ jobbers for all of round 1, round 2 the numbers started coming down and with 8 mins to go (last seg) the jobber number had switched to 15 in favour of TUS.

It was nice to see so many ships out there on the board and a blockade well fought - just saddens me to see people "buy" islands :/

Considering the jobbing numbers were fairly close through out the blockade I don't see us as "buying" anything. TUS matched pay, we didn't pay for our Navers, and almost all the jobbers had no clue about the fam that was even being auctioned. So saying we "bought" the island is a load of crap. Especially in round 2 where it came to a very VERY close round. That was won on skill not on PoE.

End of the day it was a brilliant blockade. I had a blast. It was a honor to work with some people and against others. Well played to everyone.
Fable
"if you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody"

[Aug 16, 2009 7:57:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
woody456

don't see us as "buying" anything

One of your jobbers was called paywar lol, it's obvious that losgar bought the victory, but that's what the game mechanics allow - all Losgar did was use his poe to play the game.

I hate the navver argument by the way, there are about 200 blockade experienced navvers out there in the game across all oceans, most of whom will nav for free. Granted in a close blockade a very good navver could be the difference in a close round but it's no secret that jobbers win kades. By buying jobbers losgar bought the victory, he played the game and won.
Painful
[Aug 16, 2009 8:19:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silent_Fable

don't see us as "buying" anything

One of your jobbers was called paywar lol, it's obvious that losgar bought the victory, but that's what the game mechanics allow - all Losgar did was use his poe to play the game.

I hate the navver argument by the way, there are about 200 blockade experienced navvers out there in the game across all oceans, most of whom will nav for free. Granted in a close blockade a very good navver could be the difference in a close round but it's no secret that jobbers win kades. By buying jobbers losgar bought the victory, he played the game and won.

i'm not sure what ocean you play mate since you didn't tell us your name. But you will find a pay way on every ocean in damn near every blockade. The point of a jobbing alt with an easy name to remember and spell it also a tactic in blockades. So saying that Losgar bought a victory because he was willing to go into a pay way is daft. Go look at Viridian. Check out their blockades and then come back with something to say.
Fable
"if you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody"

[Aug 16, 2009 8:34:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smackhead

As someone who was tracking the jobber numbers out of interest. ToW were ahead by 50+ jobbers for all of round 1, round 2 the numbers started coming down and with 8 mins to go (last seg) the jobber number had switched to 15 in favour of TUS.

It was nice to see so many ships out there on the board and a blockade well fought - just saddens me to see people "buy" islands :/

Considering the jobbing numbers were fairly close through out the blockade I don't see us as "buying" anything. TUS matched pay, we didn't pay for our Navers, and almost all the jobbers had no clue about the fam that was even being auctioned. So saying we "bought" the island is a load of crap. Especially in round 2 where it came to a very VERY close round. That was won on skill not on PoE.

End of the day it was a brilliant blockade. I had a blast. It was a honor to work with some people and against others. Well played to everyone.

Yea, because the raise to 3500 poe a segment had nothing to do with forcing TUS out of the blockade.
Smackhead. Hunter.
Wandering from crew to crew.
[Aug 16, 2009 8:35:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
woody456

Painful, sorry.

I don't really get what point you were making fable, I was saying he bought the victory through a pay war, you agreed.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it means that those who can't be bothered to politik can win islands or those "unpopular" flags can win islands. Some people don't like it, but I don't mind.

But don't say you won through skill lol truth be told you had competant navvers, ships and stock appropriate for the blockade but the difference between the two flags was deep pockets.
Painful
[Aug 16, 2009 8:43:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legolas_yeah

Painful, sorry.

I don't really get what point you were making fable, I was saying he bought the victory through a pay war, you agreed.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it means that those who can't be bothered to politik can win islands or those "unpopular" flags can win islands. Some people don't like it, but I don't mind.

But don't say you won through skill lol truth be told you had competant navvers, ships and stock appropriate for the blockade but the difference between the two flags was deep pockets.

Let's say you are right,

then tell me, how are deep pockets obtained? ;) can it be related to skill?
Legolars on all oceans + Losgar on malachite
[Aug 16, 2009 9:31:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
woody456

Yes, through skill, clearly in the past you have applied skill, probably on the poker table. This, however, was not one of those times.
Painful
[Aug 16, 2009 9:46:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

Especially in round 2 where it came to a very VERY close round. That was won on skill not on PoE.

Err, I was actually watching that round pretty closely (since my navver kept sinking so fast <3 :P). No offense to your all-star nav team, but the sinks seemed pretty even (Does anyone have a sink count?) and both sides were excellent at trying to hold flags, it was probably a bit of luck as to which ships sunk when. Oh yeah, also Martobain kicked some booteh once you guys finally let him in, don't save him for the second round next time ;P

Agreed.

PS: I was XOing, in case you were wondering ;P
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[Aug 16, 2009 9:52:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sassy_Sue

Congratulations.

*Note to self: give away a familiar to get jobbers. :/

Actually that was pretty darn slick...wish I had thought of it.]

No, that was Drive By's idea . In this case though TOW actually awarded the fam they promised their jobbers.

saying that the island was bought is weak. both sides payed equally in both rounds, the main difference was one side sunk more and pulled out sooner. The final pay raise must have felt like a rainbow to TUS and an easy way to save face and end the carnage. let's do it again next weekend
[Aug 16, 2009 11:12:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

Congratulations.

No, that was Drive By's idea . In this case though TOW actually awarded the fam they promised their jobbers.

saying that the island was bought is weak. both sides payed equally in both rounds, the main difference was one side sunk more and pulled out sooner. The final pay raise must have felt like a rainbow to TUS and an easy way to save face and end the carnage. let's do it again next weekend

No, it was not drive-bys idea, it was some moron who went and blabbed all that shit, so stop being a nob please. I went and complained all the people I knew were involved and apologised to BD for it. Either way, grats losbabe
Saviour, Meridian
[Aug 16, 2009 11:26:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

Note: I was naving, so I'm going off what I was told, not what I witnessed.

Didn't we raise pay at one point to even out the jobbing, but TOW immediately matched pay? And then weren't we told (after asking why we weren't allowed to even jobbing) that you would max out at 5k/seg if we kept raising? Didn't TOW raise pay when jobbing was within 4 or 5 jobbers?

Again, this is what I was told; I was on the board almost the entire time (except for the last 3 minutes of r2, and the 5 or 6 minutes I was DCed durin r2). Therefore, I could be wrong.
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Aug 16, 2009 12:00:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Primo4

"Buying through pay" is a sore loser's euphemism for "another flag wanted the island more, we didn't prepare enough (resources and commitment) to match the opponent's will to own the island, we didn't politrick sufficiently to overcome the opponent's pull and we threw away a round because of less than optimal tactical/navving decisions."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Primo4 at Aug 16, 2009 12:57:06 PM]
[Aug 16, 2009 12:54:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silent_Fable

Then we can all thank the people from years ago who started paying people to job in a blockade in the first place. Everyone pays for jobbers now and sometimes the pay goes to a stupid amount. But f people are willing to pay it and others are willing to earn it where's the problem?
We would raise to match pay or we would raise pay and then they would match. So BOTH sides were willing to pay the poe for this blockade. I don't think it's fair to keep bitching at ToW about it.

The fam idea...that actually came from something that was done on a sub ocean from some people I know.

It doesn't matter who payed what or who has what skill. It was a fun time had by all (I hope), and it's nothing that can be changed now.

Don't worry there will be another island opening or blockade happening soon and than you can bitch all you'd like about what happened in it.
Fable

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Silent_Fable at Aug 16, 2009 1:28:53 PM]
[Aug 16, 2009 1:24:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smileo

First of all, congratulations on a blockade well won.

A question, if I may, because I am not really ITK on what is or isnt good for this island, but I do pick up on things. The questions below are merely for my own peace of mind, as I get the feeling something is being missed. Id appreciate some answers in order to help me understand. Malachite is very young as an ocean, but it is not developing quickly, and wont unless we can make this arch worth being in.

Is there any way that the buildings that you are placing will not be beneficial for the long term sustainability of the arch? Is there any way that between yourselves, and whoever will own Nightshade could work together to make it a place worth being? At this time in the oceans timeline, we need more out of it, and is there is a possibility that your building placements may be slightly negative to the arches future?

I do not place any accusation, nor propoganda with these questions, but I do care about this ocean, and hope that everything is being considered. If you could reassure me I would truly appreciate it

Smiley

'Tis not true, that I are psychologically challenged
I prefers the term "Mentally Hilarious"

Smiley
Could very well be a rogue.
[Aug 17, 2009 2:45:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legolas_yeah

First of all, congratulations on a blockade well won.

A question, if I may, because I am not really ITK on what is or isnt good for this island, but I do pick up on things. The questions below are merely for my own peace of mind, as I get the feeling something is being missed. Id appreciate some answers in order to help me understand. Malachite is very young as an ocean, but it is not developing quickly, and wont unless we can make this arch worth being in.

Is there any way that the buildings that you are placing will not be beneficial for the long term sustainability of the arch? Is there any way that between yourselves, and whoever will own Nightshade could work together to make it a place worth being? At this time in the oceans timeline, we need more out of it, and is there is a possibility that your building placements may be slightly negative to the arches future?

I do not place any accusation, nor propoganda with these questions, but I do care about this ocean, and hope that everything is being considered. If you could reassure me I would truly appreciate it

Smiley

Yes, the two remaining plots are being discussed with people we know are going for nightshade
Legolars on all oceans + Losgar on malachite
[Aug 17, 2009 3:36:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LubJenneh

"Buying through pay" is a sore loser's euphemism for "another flag wanted the island more, we didn't prepare enough (resources and commitment) to match the opponent's will to own the island, we didn't politrick sufficiently to overcome the opponent's pull and we threw away a round because of less than optimal tactical/navving decisions."

You just completely combined two different standpoints. First off, if TUS was out navved then that has nothing to do with pay whatsoever, and secondly pay wars discourage smaller flags to blockade and all this time I thought blockades were about the fun. Think about it, Malachite does not need pay wars, it needs the smaller population deciding "Okay, it's time we go for a blockade and get some practice in."

Instead, you criticize smaller flags with less PoE for blockading. If you want pay wars for islands go play on Viridian or something but unlike you, I like more blockades over 1 blockade with a pay war any day.
Verlool
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LubJenneh at Aug 17, 2009 4:41:57 AM]
[Aug 17, 2009 4:41:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
voyager1

Congratulations.

"sassy sue" add a pirate name when ya decide to talk out your ass.

Voodoodoll
[Aug 17, 2009 4:55:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

You just completely combined two different standpoints. First off, if TUS was out navved then that has nothing to do with pay whatsoever, and secondly pay wars discourage smaller flags to blockade and all this time I thought blockades were about the fun. Think about it, Malachite does not need pay wars, it needs the smaller population deciding "Okay, it's time we go for a blockade and get some practice in."

Instead, you criticize smaller flags with less PoE for blockading. If you want pay wars for islands go play on Viridian or something but unlike you, I like more blockades over 1 blockade with a pay war any day.

It's war about a med (including an inn with your name on it along with 4 or less shoppes), not an outpost when there is plenty open, get over it...
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kamuflaro at Aug 17, 2009 7:30:16 AM]
[Aug 17, 2009 7:29:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
treepirate88

Blockades for the next few months, while they are fun, are more about sustainability to be able to blockade in the future.
Expendable - Malachite
Lock it up.
Apollo says, "Expendable, I will now spank you with extreme prejudice"
[Aug 17, 2009 8:33:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smileo

Thank you lego, your response was appreciated.

Smiley
[Aug 17, 2009 8:46:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Oh, boy, I didn't mean to stir the pot with my post(but kinda glad it did). I was paying a compliment in me own way and Whiterose(who are you anyway?) didn't see the hidden part and jumped on her bandwagon which caused others to jump on theirs.

I don't really care WHO won the island, I only care about the island itself. A lot of love went into designing it and I particularly don't wish to see it destroyed like Viridian islands.

That is all. Thank you.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Aug 17, 2009 9:52:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

Is it me or is this just another classic example of people not being happy?

People tart about celesta being useless because it has two shipyards on it now people are saying an island is useless without one?

Well, with a tailor and a couple of bazaars + an inn, all of which are available on a more populated island, how many people do you see visiting the island? At least with a SY people will visit infrequently to buy frigs.

The shops will act as status symbols for ToW only. It's not a problem, just an expensive way to get a little shop symbol on pirate portraits.

Not a complaint, just a statement - painful

This isn't available on other islands, currently in lacerta you have to move stock all over the place because each part of the chain is on a different island. The whole point of this building plan is to have everything available in one place.

I've no idea where you are getting your jobbing numbers but I was making sure to pay close attention

Preblockade: TUS lead by between 10 and 20 jobbers, once it reached the 20 point ToW decided to raise and by the start of the blockade it was evened out.

Throughout round one there were at most 30 jobbers more in ToW than in TUS, yet ToW won double the number of points. Thats hardly buying jobbers in order to win.

I believe the gap extended to 50 at the start of R2 and lasted until just before the halfway point where it evened out. This is still at even pay, ToW didn't do any form of raising to get to the point where it was ahead by 50 jobbers other than to recover the 20 defecit preblockade.

Right at the end of R2(Within the last 5-10 minutes) a jc has said that ToW was behind by 30 and that was the reason for the final raise although I wasn't watching numbers at this point.

So overall apart from buying 20 jobbers pre-blockade ToW had a jobbing advantage at even pay due to politicing, their influx was just a bit more delayed.

They gained double the number of points in round one mostly because they were far better at getting onto the board initially than TUS was.

Round two while they had a jobbing advantage it was at EVEN PAY with TUS. That is not buying a blockade, buying a blockade is when you either raise pay to the point that the other side can't afford to participate and has to withdraw as a result which wasn't the case here or consistently having higher numbers of jobbers as a result of raising pay.
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Edit 1 times, last edit by randy_chimp at Aug 17, 2009 10:11:30 AM]
[Aug 17, 2009 10:05:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

Side note:

We didn't pull out because of the pay war. We had plenty of poe to keep going. We figured the chances of us making up a 2 round deficit at that point was a long shot, and pulled out in interest of saving resources. It didn't seem worth it at that point to continue, because one major scupper-up could cost a later round, which in turn would cost the blockade and more resources.

EDIT:

Round two was a hell of a round. Things could have gone either way. Not to make excuses, but me disconnecting for 5-10 minutes off points certainly didn't help. (Good job Gnombane on taking the helm <3)

Well fought blockade. I certainly had fun.
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Strider399 at Aug 17, 2009 12:03:32 PM]
[Aug 17, 2009 12:00:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smileo

He wrote: 
Blah

She wrote: 
Blah

Smiley
[Aug 17, 2009 12:37:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Primo4

Verlool wrote: 

Oh Verlool, where to begin? Let's just go point by point.

I'll ignore your glaring error and give you that navving and pay are not connected "whatsoever"; you are wrong. But whatever, that is a different topic for a different thread. I said that "they bought the island" is an excuse sore losers use as a blanket for their mistakes across the spectrum of factors that go into a winning blockade. Certainly being outnavved falls under a factor of a losing blockade?

Now, pay wars are definitely beneficial. A high paying blockade is the most efficient and widespread method of PoE redistribution. Imagine two "small flags" that are looking to blockade. If these flags coordinated say, 30 members, they would have raised upwards of 1.5million PoE simply by jobbing for ToW. That is 1.5million out of the evil, scary "big flag" hand and into the downtrodden proles' hands. Oh, fyi, a flag's size has absolutely zero bearing on its blockade ability, save for fame generation.

You talk about "fun". What is fun? To most of the puzzlers (the vast majority of people involved in a blockade), fun is making money and seeing your flag win. Paywars afford that opportunity. I am assuming your idea of a fun blockade is a closely contested, even blockade? Besides the fact that a fully contested 5 rounder is as rare as a Cleaver sighting, no blockade is ever even. Take a look at this Sage thread. There, when the discussion moves to a blockade (after much tarting about previous blockades) that has even pay and even jobbing, the bitching delves into one side having a navving advantage. There is always a winner; the winner creates an advantage.

This blockade was an island opening. Blockades, especially island openers are extremely high stakes and competitive. I believe you will have difficulty finding people willing to neuter an opening so your idea of a "fun" blockade can occur. If you want an even jobbed blockade, arrange one. Don't expect them to just occur; the majority of the population has a completely different view on what comprises a "fun blockade".

Finally, the evil Viridian pay war climate has produced 20 PVP blockades this summer (May to current). Malachite has had 5 PVP blockades in that similar time. Even adjusting for population, the Viridiots blockade much more frequently. I don't see how any intelligent, aware player can say Viridian's political/blockade climate is more stifling than Malachite.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Primo4 at Aug 17, 2009 1:52:30 PM]
[Aug 17, 2009 1:50:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

Finally, the evil Viridian pay war climate has produced 20 PVP blockades this summer (May to current). Malachite has had 5 PVP blockades in that similar time. Even adjusting for population, the Viridiots blockade much more frequently. I don't see how any intelligent, aware player can say Viridian's political/blockade climate is more stifling than Malachite.

Somewhat of a weak excuse but you also have to consider the fact that viridian has 4x the number of blockades, however it also has 4x the population. So people seem to be putting in the same amount of effort.
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Aug 17, 2009 2:06:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silent_Fable

Side note:

We didn't pull out because of the pay war. We had plenty of poe to keep going. We figured the chances of us making up a 2 round deficit at that point was a long shot, and pulled out in interest of saving resources. It didn't seem worth it at that point to continue, because one major scupper-up could cost a later round, which in turn would cost the blockade and more resources.

EDIT:

Round two was a hell of a round. Things could have gone either way. Not to make excuses, but me disconnecting for 5-10 minutes off points certainly didn't help. (Good job Gnombane on taking the helm <3)

Well fought blockade. I certainly had fun.

I agree with Sid. It was a tight round. It was also a lot of fun! People jumping up and down on vent, biting their nails. It was only in the last few moves that We were able to pull ahead by a very narrow margin and hang onto it for the win.

It was a brilliant time and a lot of fun. I hope we can see blockades close like that in the future on further island openings and regular PvP blockades.

Good Game to TUS. Was fun. See you next time <3
Fable

[Aug 17, 2009 2:10:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LubJenneh

This blockade was an island opening. Blockades, especially island openers are extremely high stakes and competitive. I believe you will have difficulty finding people willing to neuter an opening so your idea of a "fun" blockade can occur. If you want an even jobbed blockade, arrange one. Don't expect them to just occur; the majority of the population has a completely different view on what comprises a "fun blockade".

The majority? Is that so? I think more people have posted in this thread and as well in the one currently on Sage arguing that pay wars are a bad thing. Pay wars discourage the smaller flags from blockading.

And by the way, you know what I meant when I said smaller flag so don't be a smart ass. I apologize for not being completely specific and talking to you as if you were a moronic fool. A smaller flag in the sense I am using it is a flag with less blockade experience then ones such as BD. For example, let's say Barley Dressed defends Zuyua against Captains Coalition. Now, clearly everyone would say Barely Dressed has tons of more PoE then CC (not saying they don't have PoE just saying BD has more) and BD has more ships then they do as well having owned ships yards where they haven't.

Now, let's say the blockade starts off and the pay is 500 a seg both sides and is fought over for 3 strong rounds. Yes, only 3. Now that flag has blockade experience they didn't have before and this will help them for the future.

Now, let's say that the blockade starts off with CC at 500 and BD at 2000. BD completely out jobs CC to the point they can't even load a ship. CC pulls out after round 1 due to the fact that the jobbing is just so insanely lobsided. Now after this round the flag with the higher pay (in this case BD) will usually lower their pay so they don't waste PoE on the next two rounds.

Of those 2 scenarios I presented the first one seems more like a better fit for a Malachite blockade. We want more people to move to Malachite whether they be rich or not and having pay wars where one flag has no chance at winning whatsoever would not be appealing to someone moving from Sage hoping to try to get a blockade flag together and have a little fun.

By the way, sorry for using BD as an example, it was the first flag that came to mind. I don't believe they abuse pay war at all, I apologize.
Verlool
[Aug 17, 2009 2:20:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
treepirate88

Verlool, that kind of a pay war that flat out discourages competition is bad.

The kind of pay war that happened on Saturday was slowly going up where each side was watching. It was competitive and not unruly.
Especially when you know both sides want an island that much, why not try and find out how much the other side wants the island?

Yes, a blockade is a measure of skill.
But it is also an investment and when you want to be a part of a product so much, you'll basically do anything to get at it.
Expendable - Malachite
Lock it up.
Apollo says, "Expendable, I will now spank you with extreme prejudice"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by treepirate88 at Aug 17, 2009 2:50:56 PM]
[Aug 17, 2009 2:49:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 143   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates