• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 143
Posts: 143   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 42162 times and has 142 replies Next Thread
MimiLinda

Re: [Intent] [Sinking] Theatre of War intends to make Fugu a theatre of war!

She's not contributing or giving any better ideas, shes just dissing peoples hard work, her opinion shouldn't be listened to.

I opened a island last year and you really don't know how hard it is to make everyone happy. Belgica thought it wasn't the perfect plan and what he did? he blockaded the flag holding the island and worked really hard to get it going. I would like to see more of that and less tarting specially coming from someone that got no idea how hard it is to start a island from 0.

That's my point of view. If you like it or not that's not my problem.
----------------------------------------
Roseh

[Aug 14, 2009 3:37:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smackhead

Shes entitled to her opinion whether you like or it not Roseh.

Approaching with blatant belligerence and three sentences of pointless vitriol is hardly an effective way to change the minds of the (possible) people in power.

And where did she say that she'd like them to change what they were planning? She just posted that she thought it was an absoloute waste of an island.

So she's just bitching for the sake of bitching? No underlying intention to maybe influence the plans? Absolutely nothing? I am inclined to believe her stating her opposition had at least a little bit to do with wanting to change building a weavery; since it seems like she's a rational person, I doubt she posted just for the sake of posting. But hell, I could be wrong. If so, please forgive me for making a fair statement and inciting your offense.

edit: typo

In my view, yes, shes just bitching for the sake of bitching then. Either way, if I was to post my view, I'd have said virtaully the same thing, and wouldn't have viewed it as bitching, but more of just stating that I think its a stupid idea.

Edit to Roseh:

Roseh, I have no problem with you stating your opinion, honestly.

I just didn't think people needed to be so agressive to her about it.
Smackhead. Hunter.
Wandering from crew to crew.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by smackhead at Aug 14, 2009 3:41:15 PM]
[Aug 14, 2009 3:37:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gotkevlar

People generally respond aggressively to bitching for the sake of bitching.
Kevlar
[Aug 14, 2009 3:53:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smackhead

Thats where we disagree then. You think she was bitching, I just think she was stated her own severe dislike of the building plan.
Smackhead. Hunter.
[Aug 14, 2009 4:11:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
travischia

Love the tank, Legolars! RAWR!
Ksb, King of WoA on Meridian.
Ksb on all Oceans.
[Aug 15, 2009 4:11:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LordHiptos

Sounds like a waste of an Island to me.

I agree, Tailor's should have a supply of cloth, but considering there's no hemp spawn, wouldn't you make better use of a separate bazaar, instead of an extra shoppe which would beat out all of the stalls anyway? Stick with one weavery bazaar, then a distillery bazaar. As people have noted, a pillage port would be good to see, so rum is a must. And if you set your tax slider not to a great amount, but an ample amount, then you would earn much more in the long term than the sale of 1 Shoppe...
Patience is for Bots.
Impatience is for reckless fools. Like Myself.

Clevar:
Senior Officer & First Mate of the Crew; The Never Ending
Prince of the flag; International Empires
[Aug 15, 2009 4:30:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sassy_Sue

any plan that doesn't involve another shipyard is a godsend to Malachite. Be thankful for the little things.
[Aug 15, 2009 8:06:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silent_Fable

As an added incentive to this highly anticipated Blockade, we at ToW will be giving away a tan Un named familiar to a random jobber.

This is how this is gonna work.

At Random set times during each round we will take a screen shot of every jobber in the crew. Using this random number generator we will use the top number generated to choose the jobber.

The name who win's each round's random generator will move onto the finals.

After the blockade is over those winners will once again be put in alphabetical order and a number will once again be generated to choose a winner.

What do you win?
You're very own Tan/Peach Un named Parrot!

How do you enter?
Job for Theatre Of War during the Fugu Blockade! Send a tell to Roseh or Paywar to job into the crew and help us win the island.

Good Luck everyone!
Fable
"if you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Silent_Fable at Aug 15, 2009 10:00:17 AM]
[Aug 15, 2009 9:57:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

Good game.
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Aug 15, 2009 1:57:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smackhead

Good buy.
Smackhead. Hunter.
[Aug 15, 2009 2:05:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dakk4

Congratulations on the win
I still like our building plan more...
Now no pillaging from Fugu :(
Gnombane
SO of Odin's Demise on Malachite
Gnombane
FO of Nobody's Hero on Hunter
[Aug 15, 2009 2:18:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legolas_yeah

Due to a lot of critics to our naming theme, we have decided to make slight changes
Legolars on all oceans + Losgar on malachite
[Aug 15, 2009 2:25:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cehnee

There's been even more critics on your building plan ... would that result in slight changes too? :)
Gode on Malachite
Member of Celestia
Member of Naughty Nerds
[Aug 15, 2009 3:31:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://cne.lap.ee [Link]  Go to top 
legolas_yeah

There's been even more critics on your building plan ... would that result in slight changes too? :)

It is under discussion as of current
[Aug 15, 2009 3:56:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silent_Fable

Congrats to Snattarn ! You are the lucky winner of our very own Un named Tan/Peach Parrot! Find Fable in game or send me a PM to collect your prize
Fable
"if you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody"

[Aug 15, 2009 4:13:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Congrats ToW, it was a fun blockade, thanks for having me <3
Roseh

[Aug 15, 2009 4:45:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
legolas_yeah

It has been decided that Weavery will not be built, what will come instead will be announced at a later point
[Aug 15, 2009 5:15:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LubJenneh

It has been decided that Weavery will not be built, what will come instead will be announced at a later point

I dare you to make it a Tailor Shoppe and make this ocean even more of a joke then it already is.
Verlool
[Aug 15, 2009 5:16:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

I dare you to make it a Tailor Shoppe and make this ocean even more of a joke then it already is.

Tailor Bazaar
Tailor Shoppe
Weavery Bazaar
Weavery Shoppe
Townhouse

^ That's their building plan. Or, it was.
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Aug 15, 2009 6:20:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

There's about 8 or 9 other oceans to play for you...
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Aug 15, 2009 6:39:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LubJenneh

There's about 8 or 9 other oceans to play for you...

None that suck as much as this.

And yes Sid, but I want 2.
Verlool
[Aug 15, 2009 7:36:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Congratulations.

*Note to self: give away a familiar to get jobbers. :/

Actually that was pretty darn slick...wish I had thought of it.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Aug 15, 2009 8:08:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

I'm guessing you weren't around during the blockade so I will fill you in, as a JC I keep track of jobbing numbers.

ToW outjobbed 1st round but TUS were ahead by 20 jobbers or so part of R2. I'm also guessing you weren't jobbing for ToW but I was really glad to see many say they didn't want a familiar they were just there helping their friends and allies. Double check next time before posting making assumptions about jobbers numbers and ToW getting most of them before they gave a familiar out.
Roseh

[Edit 1 times, last edit by MimiLinda at Aug 16, 2009 12:00:58 AM]
[Aug 15, 2009 8:18:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
woody456

It's a nonsense anyway. Building anything but a Ship Yard will make this island just another place we can't forage.

Tailor shop - Not worth the whisk

Painful
Painful
[Aug 16, 2009 1:15:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randy_chimp

Is it me or is this just another classic example of people not being happy?

People tart about celesta being useless because it has two shipyards on it now people are saying an island is useless without one?
Dachimpy.com (video tutorials website)
Blockade Simulator
[Aug 16, 2009 1:28:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
travischia

Congrats ToW!
Ksb, King of WoA on Meridian.
Ksb on all Oceans.
[Aug 16, 2009 1:45:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
woody456

Is it me or is this just another classic example of people not being happy?

People tart about celesta being useless because it has two shipyards on it now people are saying an island is useless without one?

Well, with a tailor and a couple of bazaars + an inn, all of which are available on a more populated island, how many people do you see visiting the island? At least with a SY people will visit infrequently to buy frigs.

The shops will act as status symbols for ToW only. It's not a problem, just an expensive way to get a little shop symbol on pirate portraits.

Not a complaint, just a statement - painful
Painful
[Aug 16, 2009 2:19:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smileo

First of all, congratulations on a blockade well won.

A question, if I may, because I am not really ITK on what is or isnt good for this island, but I do pick up on things. The questions below are merely for my own peace of mind, as I get the feeling something is being missed. Id appreciate some answers in order to help me understand. Malachite is very young as an ocean, but it is not developing quickly, and wont unless we can make this arch worth being in.

Is there any way that the buildings that you are placing will not be beneficial for the long term sustainability of the arch? Is there any way that between yourselves, and whoever will own Nightshade could work together to make it a place worth being? At this time in the oceans timeline, we need more out of it, and is there is a possibility that your building placements may be slightly negative to the arches future?

I do not place any accusation, nor propoganda with these questions, but I do care about this ocean, and hope that everything is being considered. If you could reassure me I would truly appreciate it

Smiley
'Tis not true, that I are psychologically challenged
I prefers the term "Mentally Hilarious"

Smiley
Could very well be a rogue.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by smileo at Aug 16, 2009 4:01:00 AM]
[Aug 16, 2009 3:39:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

I'm guessing you weren't around during the blockade so I will fill you in, as a JC I keep track of jobbing numbers.

ToW outjobbed 1st round but TUS were ahead by 20 jobbers or so part of R2. I'm also guessing you weren't jobbing for ToW but I was really glad to see many say they didn't want a familiar they were just there helping their friends and allies. Double check next time before posting making assumptions about jobbers numbers and ToW getting most of them before they gave a familiar out.

As someone who was tracking the jobber numbers out of interest. ToW were ahead by 50+ jobbers for all of round 1, round 2 the numbers started coming down and with 8 mins to go (last seg) the jobber number had switched to 15 in favour of TUS.

It was nice to see so many ships out there on the board and a blockade well fought - just saddens me to see people "buy" islands :/
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Aug 16, 2009 4:21:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

It was nice to see so many ships out there on the board and a blockade well fought - just saddens me to see people "buy" islands :/

Buy? You say they baught the navers?
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Aug 16, 2009 4:26:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 143   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates