• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 143
Posts: 143   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 32920 times and has 142 replies Next Thread
legolas_yeah

[Intent] [Sinking] Theatre of War intends to make Fugu a theatre of war!

[Intent] [Sinking] Theatre of War intends to make Fugu a theatre of war!

Help Theatre of War take the Jinx off Fugu!

*A sinking blockade at Fugu!
*12PM PDT, Saturday, 15th August
*Theatre of War, attacker
*Pay is 1.5K/segment and up.
*Jobbing contacts are Roseh and Paywar; jobbing will begin One hour before the Blockade.

Colonization Plan

A medium can have five buildings in trade or housing roles. In addition to infrastructure buildings, Theatre of War will construct the following:
  • Tailor Bazaar
  • Tailor Shoppe
  • Weavery Bazaar
  • Weavery Shoppe
  • Townhouse

Naming Theme

The theme for the island will be "love", possibly with a nod to the island's name through seafood or poison. Naming suggestions are welcome before Theatre of War decides.

Tax Plan

Tax will not cost more for any particular stall type or shoppe than at the cheapest Vilya-controlled island. To foster growth on Fugu, the tax rate will be set at 0% for the first four weeks under the aegis of Theatre of War.

Palace Commodities

The palace will be kept properly stocked with dyes and paint as well as ample ship supplies. All will be made available to pirates at decent prices.

Yarr! Let's see how poisonous the Widow Queen is after we take her Fugu away!

----------------------------------------
Legolars on all oceans + Losgar on malachite
[Edit 2 times, last edit by legolas_yeah at Aug 13, 2009 8:23:07 AM]
[Aug 13, 2009 7:22:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jzasia

Re: [Intent] [Sinking] Theatre of War intends to make Fugu a theatre of war!

Colonization Plan

A medium can have five buildings in trade or housing roles. In addition to infrastructure buildings, Theatre of War will construct the following:
  • Tailor Bazaar
  • Tailor Shoppe
  • Weavery Bazaar
  • Weavery Shoppe
  • Townhouse

I'm just really curious - is there a reason you're putting the weavery on the one island that is opening that doesn't spawn hemp? I'd have thought with the sugarcane and iron, and proximety to prime foraging grounds, you might have gone a different direction is all.
rune of malachite

* fabulous avatar by the lovely Falmari
[Aug 13, 2009 9:09:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jzasia [Link]  Go to top 
legolas_yeah

Colonization Plan

• Tailor Bazaar
  • Tailor Shoppe
  • Weavery Bazaar
  • Weavery Shoppe
  • Townhouse

I'm just really curious - is there a reason you're putting the weavery on the one island that is opening that doesn't spawn hemp? I'd have thought with the sugarcane and iron, and proximety to prime foraging grounds, you might have gone a different direction is all.

Primarily to make sure all the tailor stalls on the island has a supply for cloth, even if they choose not to open a weavery stall, also, as soon as nightshade opens, we have a hemp spawn nearby
[Aug 13, 2009 9:15:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Doopliss101

Loving the crew picture with the tank.

And what ocean is this again?

Good luck on your conquest.
Lordcrump on Emerald.
[Aug 13, 2009 9:18:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    None    None    None [Link]  Go to top 
legolas_yeah

This is malachite, oh and btw.

Some plan with partial refunds to stall openings will be made and announced should we win.
[Aug 13, 2009 9:24:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

• Weavery Shoppe

• wat? That seems like an epic waste of real estate. The bazaar I can kinda understand, even though shipping cloth is incredibly easy and would be some decent profit from any tailor stalls, but the shoppe is a total waste. Build an estate or another tailor, or maybe an IM bazaar since the island spawns iron.
    [Aug 13, 2009 11:50:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    mari_

Surely it would be more logical to make these islands pillaging ports?
    Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
    [Aug 13, 2009 12:54:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    budclare2

Oh yay, a giant clothing factory surrounded by water!

Were you trying to prove that it's possible for an island to be even more worthless than Celesta? If so, good work; an island that produces nothing but clothing is definitely more useless than an island that produces nothing but ships.
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
    [Aug 13, 2009 12:56:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Doopliss101

What's so bad about a massive cloth factory? I'm not a governor or anything, so explain please.

Plus a crap load of ships is nice.
    Lordcrump on Emerald.
    [Aug 13, 2009 1:01:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    None    None    None [Link]  Go to top 
    Siggy

What's so bad about a massive cloth factory? I'm not a governor or anything, so explain please.

Plus a crap load of ships is nice.

Cloth is extremely more easier than hemp.
    Sig

Owner: Sig Supply Network

What happens when you beat whiny sword fighters with overpowered trash swords...

Imcolorblind auto-responds, "sig hacks sf :) try and see".

[Aug 13, 2009 1:07:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JPINFV [Link]  Go to top 
    barrelmonkey

Oh yay, a giant clothing factory surrounded by water!

Were you trying to prove that it's possible for an island to be even more worthless than Celesta? If so, good work; an island that produces nothing but clothing is definitely more useless than an island that produces nothing but ships.

Not sure what you're expecting out of the island, but you can't put buildings there that produce rainbows and world peace. Shipyards and tailors are about the only thing that you need player-owned islands for, since for everything else a stall is just as good as a shoppe. I would love to see your suggestion for what you think a "good" island is. Also, try buying a WF on Malachite sometime and you'll think an island that produces nothing but ships is a GREAT idea.
    [Aug 13, 2009 1:14:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Kamuflaro

I don't get it, what's good about a tailor shoppe? Then again it's a cheap stall with lotsa space.
    Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
    [Aug 13, 2009 1:41:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    MimiLinda

Oh yay, a giant clothing factory surrounded by water! Were you trying to prove that it's possible for an island to be even more worthless than Celesta? If so, good work; an island that produces nothing but clothing is definitely more useless than an island that produces nothing but ships.

Shut up and blockade it then.
    Roseh

[Edit 1 times, last edit by MimiLinda at Aug 13, 2009 2:46:44 PM]
    [Aug 13, 2009 2:45:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    treepirate88

Roseh <3 wrote: 

I miss that phrase so much.

It's Wedding Blockading Season!
    Expendable - Malachite
    Lock it up.
    Apollo says, "Expendable, I will now spank you with extreme prejudice"
    [Aug 13, 2009 4:59:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    gotkevlar

Oh yay, a giant clothing factory surrounded by water! Were you trying to prove that it's possible for an island to be even more worthless than Celesta? If so, good work; an island that produces nothing but clothing is definitely more useless than an island that produces nothing but ships.

the forums need a "like" button like facebook has.
    Kevlar
    [Aug 13, 2009 5:09:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    MimiLinda

Don't love me for that one, love Ama ;)
    Roseh

[Aug 13, 2009 9:08:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Silent_Fable

The blockade should be fun. I'm sure it will be a big sinking fest, and I can't wait. As for what the flag wants to do with the island....does it matter? People who put in the effort and spend the poez to take an island should be able to do what they wish with it. Either when it's born or later on down the road with dusting and rebuilding.

There have been islands on this game that have done the same thing. Bottom line is it's their choice.

So bitch and complain all you'd like. I'm sure when you are involved in colonizing an island people will bitch and complain about yours as well. So stfu about it.

Whiterose...I think I love you
    Fable
    "if you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody"

[Aug 13, 2009 9:36:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    woody456

As for what the flag wants to do with the island....does it matter?

Frustrating when the lesser of two evils thinks like that.
    Painful
    [Aug 14, 2009 1:31:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Silent_Fable

As for what the flag wants to do with the island....does it matter?

Frustrating when the lesser of two evils thinks like that.

Doesn't make it any less true though. No matter what flag takes an island and no matter what that island is or spawns. There is always gonna be someone to bitch about it. But It's still up to who's taking the island as to what they decide to put on it.
    Fable
    "if you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody"

[Aug 14, 2009 1:49:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Kamuflaro

Some ppl job based on propaganda... propaganda includes building schemes, tax plans, pointing out the bad guys and w/e...
    Saying whoever gets to win the island is going to build the island is just postcount++ing.
    Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
    [Aug 14, 2009 4:01:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    legolas_yeah

Some ppl job based on propaganda... propaganda includes building schemes, tax plans, pointing out the bad guys and w/e...
    Saying whoever gets to win the island is going to build the island is just postcount++ing.

Out of what ive seen of our opponents building plan, my personal opinion is that ours is the smallest of two evils ;)
    [Aug 14, 2009 4:10:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    oopoorah

I would like to place a pre- order for 120 pairs male rag pants brown in color

3 POE each

I am good for the POE...

Poopydog
    of Iron Fist

P.S.
    Do you deliver said clothing?
    PoopyDog
    slave to Plu
    Captain of Burn Notice

Monarch of the flag
    Effective Immediately
    [Aug 14, 2009 4:47:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Synful

Help Theatre of War take the Jinx off Fugu!

Why do you say Fugu is jinxed?
    The name is Synful.
    ------------------------
    [Aug 14, 2009 12:59:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Strider399

Gretchen Goldfang is holding the island.

Her flag is "Jinxed".
    Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
    [Aug 14, 2009 1:07:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    budclare2

(Romtu) Shipyards and tailors are about the only thing that you need player-owned islands for, since for everything else a stall is just as good as a shoppe.

You seem to have missed the weavery shoppe somehow...

(Romtu) I would love to see your suggestion for what you think a "good" island is.

I think anything NOT involving a weavery shoppe would be a good place to start. No wait, pretend I said that I'd complain about any choice they made, since that's probably what you believe anyway. Clearly posting once every few months is a sign of chronic tarting.

(Whiterose) Shut up and blockade it then.

Wow, most people wait until there's at least a page or two of tarting. Nice job with the knee-jerk reaction. Is that one of your F-keys?

(Fable) Bottom line is it's their choice.

If they want a tailor shoppe, yes, that's their business. But a weavery shoppe? That's a mockable offense in my book, and I'm not overly concerned about whether or not you agree.

(Fable) So bitch and complain all you'd like.

I did. Three sentences worth. Thanks so much for your permission, though. It means a lot to me.

(Fable) I'm sure when you are involved in colonizing an island people will bitch and complain about yours as well.

Some people bitch and whine because the person next to them is breathing too loudly, so therefore all criticism is wrong? Good thinking.

(Fable) So stfu about it.

no u

(You know, I've never actually had to say that before. You should feel special...but not in a good way.)
    Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
    [Aug 14, 2009 1:59:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    MimiLinda

You shouldn't even talk about knee-jerk reactions. I don't need to wait 2 pages to post the truth. If you have nothing good to add or ideas to better the ocean's economy then please don't post. If you don't want tarting then don't post and if you don't have the time/motivation/skill and work ethic to pull a fleet and enough PoE together like ToW or TUS to blockade it yourself then don't post and try to make them feel bad about their hard work.
    Roseh

[Aug 14, 2009 2:43:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    smackhead

Shes entitled to her opinion whether you like or it not Roseh.
    Smackhead. Hunter.
    Wandering from crew to crew.
    [Aug 14, 2009 3:00:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    gotkevlar

Approaching with blatant belligerence and three sentences of pointless vitriol is hardly an effective way to change the minds of the (possible) people in power.
    Kevlar
    [Aug 14, 2009 3:12:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    smackhead

Approaching with blatant belligerence and three sentences of pointless vitriol is hardly an effective way to change the minds of the (possible) people in power.

And where did she say that she'd like them to change what they were planning? She just posted that she thought it was an absoloute waste of an island.
    Smackhead. Hunter.
    Wandering from crew to crew.
    [Aug 14, 2009 3:16:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    gotkevlar

And where did she say that she'd like them to change what they were planning? She just posted that she thought it was an absoloute waste of an island.

So she's just bitching for the sake of bitching? No underlying intention to maybe influence the plans? Absolutely nothing? I am inclined to believe her stating her opposition had at least a little bit to do with wanting to change building a weavery; since it seems like she's a rational person, I doubt she posted just for the sake of posting. But hell, I could be wrong. If so, please forgive me for making a fair statement and inciting your offense.

edit: typo
    Kevlar
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by gotkevlar at Aug 14, 2009 3:26:12 PM]
    [Aug 14, 2009 3:25:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 143   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates