• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5271 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
Sharuka

Memmathon Madness

Folie Circulaire brings you: Midnight Memmathon Madness!

Hello, fellow Midnighters!
It's been a while since I've seen a memmathon from Rexelita, the original hostess of these events. I was able to complete my map and hold the coveted globe by participating in her last event, and it's been proving useful ever since for everyday pillage/flotilla use and merchanting/shop keeping. I find it quite sad that I don't see these events anymore.

So in honor of Rexelita and her fantastic memmathons, Folie Circulaire is happy to bring 'Midnight Memmathon Madness' for any mates still looking to complete their maps.

If you need an introduction to what "memming" means, please refer to the "Important Links" section below where I've put up a link to one of Rexelita's previous event thread, as well as an extremely useful memming tool made by Misha.

Who can participate/assist:
Anyone! First time memming? Sure. Got an alt you want to complete the map on? Sure. Want to help by charting? Sure.
Everyone is welcome.

Raffle! wrote: 
At the end of each memmathon week, FC will raffle off a sloop! How do you enter? Simply participate in the memmathon to get a ticket (only 1 ticket per participant allowed).

If you'd like to volunteer as a charter (or participate AND chart, doing both is fine with me), please post here, contact Sharuka in-game or through PM on the forums.

***Change of plans***
You do not need to join the crew to chart nor be charted unless you plan to borrow a sloop from the memmathon crew.

Volunteer Charters:
Since dead routes cannot be memmed, any charter who has all live routes will be listed as having "all" the routes even if they don't have the dead routes.

Charters: You're not required to be on 24/7.

Sharuka (All)
Amatoria (All)
Amphira (All) *Guest
Armless (All)
Angara (All) *Guest
Baabaa (Most)
Bea (Most)
Betrys (All) *Guest
Bigmomma (All)
Bootyboo (All) *Guest
Cadavereye (All)
Creedence (All)
Dchow (All)
Dexla (All)
Donsmythe (All)
IsabellGrace (All) *Guest
Junglegeorge (All) *Guest
Luckylad (Most) *Guest
Nuemenor (All) *Guest
Pennyrile (All)
Pippette (All) *Guest
Ruhannah (All) *Guest
Spelunk (All) *Guest
Stinkydee (All)
Teklanika (All)
Truvie (All) *Guest

Dates:
This memmathon will be offered every other week from August to end of September.
All memming will begin Noon (12:00 PM) PST.
You can find a charter by doing a /w down the list of charters above.
Type /w Sharuka or /w Lexy to be jobbed in if you need a loaner sloop!

#1: Saturday, August 15th - Saturday, August 22nd
#2: Friday, August 28th - Sunday, September 6th
#3: Friday, September 18th - Sunday, September 27th

Loaner Sloops:
Mates of Folie Circulaire are offering 80+ loaner sloops for you to use!
Conditions:
*Please let one of the crewmates in the host crew know you want to use one
(This is to keep the google document updated)
*Please restock to previous levels.
*Please return to the original island.

-List of loaner ships

Loaner Charts:
The following charts are available on the War Brig, "Belligerent Blancmange", ported in Turtle.
Please ask any FO or above to retrieve the charts and return when finished.

Interarch
*Chaparral to Monsoon x 3
*Cnossos to Guava
*Jorvik to Turtle
*Nuptial to Islay of Luthien
*Orca to Tinga
*Ostreum to Wrasse
*Oyster to Park
*Papaya to Remora x 2
*Spring to Heph Forge x 2

Coral
*Angelfish to Delta
*Angelfish to Meke x 2
*Angelfish to Park
*Delta to Macaw x 2
*Delta to Park
*Macaw to Monsoon
*Monsoon to Turongo
*Turongo to Durian
*Turongo to Angelfish

Emerald
*Epsilon to Emperor x 2

Jet
*Heph Forge to Namath

Opal
*Waterberry to Boyle

Pearl
*Zeta to Nuptial

Ruby
*Cranberry to Midsummer
*Eta to Lynx
*Olivia to Lynx
*Olivia to Midsummer
*Lynx to Islay of Luthien

Sapphire
*Beta to Remora
*Beta to Verdant Atoll x 2
*Iris to Uxmal

Important Links:
-Rexelita's Memmathon Thread
-Yppedia article about Memming
-Fantastic Memming tool by Misha
-List of loaner ships
----------------------------------------
Folie Circulaire presents: Midnight Memmathon Madness!
Springheel wrote: 
Do you stroke little Ghandi?

[Edit 31 times, last edit by Sharuka at Sep 18, 2009 7:15:03 PM]
[Aug 12, 2009 4:11:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

Re: Memmathon Madness

Awsome event, this will make alot of pople happy :)
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Aug 12, 2009 9:30:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nalle5

Put me up as a charter. I have it all memmed.
Angara
Midnight

This account is retired and PM's sent here will not be answered
I am now using my Angara account

[Aug 12, 2009 11:46:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharuka

Thanks, Angara. You're on the list. :)
Springheel wrote: 

[Aug 13, 2009 5:38:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Whee I can finish those few routes I need now, was hoping one of these events would happen soon :)
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Aug 13, 2009 6:31:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharuka

Reminder that the madness begins tomorrow at Noon PST! Type /info in-game to find what time it is.

"I'm still a little confused....How do I participate?"

1. If you need to borrow sloops from the memmathon crew, type /w Sharuka or /w Lexy. Send a tell if one is online to join the crew!

2. Search for an online, available charter by typing /w down the list of charters. Available means the charter is not on a ship, not in a puzzle of any kind. Ask if the charter is OK to chart you for the memmathon. If not, find another charter off the list.

3. Grab your sloop or use a rental.

4. Ask for a route you want to mem. "<Ship name>, <Route>"

Example: Pirate says, "Wonderful Flounder, Lynx to Olivia"

5. Give the charter who hops on your ship a nav order.

6. Start memming! You can ask to be charted as many times as you want, so don't be shy!

---

Other FAQs:

Who has to join the crew for this thing?

Charters do not have to join the crew, they may simply be jobbed into it to be able to hop on ships and listen to charting requests.

Participants must join the crew (with exceptions for monarchs and captains of crews). Simply give the charter who hops on the ship a navigation order and voila. You can be charted.

Can participants still give nav orders to be charted while staying on the station and not porting?

Absolutely. If you reach your destination island, I advise you not to port, but instead call out for another charting. This way you do not reset your puzzle to brown stars.
Springheel wrote: 

[Edit 5 times, last edit by Sharuka at Sep 1, 2009 5:28:52 PM]
[Aug 14, 2009 8:18:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Please note that while Navigation Order does allow people to chart others in another crew, it'd be extremely inconvenient for charters to have to switch to each jobbing crew. We ask that if you plan to participate, please join the host crew as an officer until you have finished. You may leave the host crew each week and rejoin in the next week if you so wish.

This surprises me, actually. I'd think it was easier for the memmer to get whisked to the appropriate ship via a /job rather than having to use the dock interface to find the right vessel each time.

To me the biggest roadblock to enjoying memming events has always been the need to leave my crew for a period of time, losing out on all that casual social interaction, being able to see my flag news, etc. Now that the annoyance of having to trade deeds has been elminated, is it really such a big deal to let people just be jobbers?
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Aug 14, 2009 10:44:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Sharuka

@Fey

2 things I'm concerned about:

1. Use of loaner ships not possible if not in host crew
2. Charters need to jump from one jobbing crew to the next (I'm not requiring charters to join the crew as this is a favor from them, not a requirement or full-time commitment) and always need to be jobbed back into the host crew to see charting requests.

In addition:
As a previous participant I understand that it does suck to be losing out on socializing with your original crew and flag.
Therefore, participants are always welcome to leave the host crew at any time and rejoin whenever they feel like memming again.
This is also another reason why we're offering the memmathon for 3 weeks. People have lives and in-game things to do (it's why we pay to sub on midnight, right?! :D ) and can't mem the entire ocean in 7 days. Hopefully 3 weeks will be enough to get most of the routes you can't get through the navy. Should you wish to get the whole ocean done, even routes you can get through the navy, go you!

-----

Edit: Raffle, ORLY?

At the end of each memmathon week, FC will raffle off a sloop! How do you enter? Simply participate in the memmathon to get a ticket (only 1 ticket per participant allowed).
Springheel wrote: 

[Edit 6 times, last edit by Sharuka at Aug 14, 2009 2:09:43 PM]
[Aug 14, 2009 11:03:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sammybingo

You guys rock. This event almost makes me tempted to log on and do some memming.

Almost. x
Sammybingo of all oceans but Opal.
I speak for myself, and myself alone. I do not represent any flag or crew. PFFT.
Mightyboosh's fruit protection advice:

I eat the bananas, poo in the skin, and carefully seal it back together again.

[Aug 15, 2009 5:55:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharuka

Week 1 Participants:
Arrjack
Arnemetia
Chickensalad
Luckylad
Redshadow

Winner of the sloop drawing was Luckylad!
Congratulations and thanks for participating in the first week.
Please contact me to claim your sloop.

Week 2 starts on the 28th!

Edit: Good News - List of participants has been small enough for mates who provide their own ships to stay in their own crews. It's been a smooth run, so I don't have a problem with letting mates stay in their crews if they have their own ships.
Springheel wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sharuka at Aug 23, 2009 4:42:06 PM]
[Aug 23, 2009 4:25:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DebraT26

This is a wonderful event, and I appreciate your doing it. Having the ocean memmed really makes everything easier. I am happy to chart anyone, either during the event or at any time. I have the entire ocean memmed. Just shoot me a /tell if you want to be charted. And it's a minor problem for me to change crews, so I would prefer to avoid it if possible.
JungleGeorge
Monkey Militia, Carpe Noctem

Always looking for guppies and verdant cutters
[Sep 1, 2009 2:12:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharuka

And it's a minor problem for me to change crews, so I would prefer to avoid it if possible.

That's perfectly fine, list of participants have been small enough that each could remain in his/her own crew (unless borrowing a sloop from the memmathon crew) and still get charted. :)

Thanks for the offer, I will add you in case any participants need a charter off the list.
Springheel wrote: 

[Sep 1, 2009 5:22:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bootyboo2

I'm happy to chart anyone who needs it - I'm fully memmed.
Bootyboo
Midnight

Real men wear kilts!
[Sep 5, 2009 12:09:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tigerbond

Shuraka,

I have multiple copies of most interach maps and most routes for the ocean if you are interested to add to the collection. I've had to pilly to get most of the maps and would welcome the opportunity to join the memmathon madness just to get those odd routes memmed.
Catch me in game as Tigerbare if interested
[Sep 6, 2009 8:22:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spelunk

Please add me as a guest charter; all routes memmed

Spelunk on Midnight
[Sep 10, 2009 6:27:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharuka

Oh dear, school has caught up with me. Sorry for the late announcement for week 2 sloop drawing.

Thanks to our week 2 participants:
Annul
Pippette
Sailornick

Pippette was the winner of the raffle #2. (Congrats on finishing the ocean too, Pippy!)

Week 3 starts on September 18th, mark your calendars if you've been waiting to get those pesky routes down!

----
@ Junglegeorge, Bootyboo & Spelunk, thanks for volunteering, your names have been edited into the OP.
@Tigerbond, thank for the offer! I'd be happy to take the charts from you if you'd like to donate them or lend them to us (though we can't guarantee the charts will all come back if they're about to dust). Week 3 starts next week, so you're welcome to join in to mem anything you'd like then. :)
Springheel wrote: 

[Sep 13, 2009 10:24:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forumrizzo

Sharuka wrote: 
Week 3 starts on September 18th, mark your calendars if you've been waiting to get those pesky routes down!
I can't believe I've been missing this monumental chance to learn another ocean; I feel my green-heart turning blue...

Must...coinscribe...now.
Tomrizzo
Serendipity, Rebel Rousers
Emerald
[Sep 15, 2009 1:13:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharuka

Update: Made of Fail has split from Folie Circulaire.
I'll be returning loaner sloops to folks who are not in MoF with me.
Springheel wrote: 

[Sep 22, 2009 10:43:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates