• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 910
Posts: 910   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 71969 times and has 909 replies Next Thread
Chavez67

Re: Catchall college football thread Reply to this Post

Wow, what a little brat.

Peanuts compared to when he killed those 5 hookers at SMU.
----------------------------------------

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Jan 24, 2012 1:34:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

A quick Wiki search on James says that he announced his intention to run for the US Senate. Fucking Texas...
[removed by SOPA]
[Jan 24, 2012 1:53:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

A quick Wiki search on James says that he announced his intention to run for the US Senate. Fucking Texas...

He's polling rather badly, as I understand.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Jan 24, 2012 1:55:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

Anybody going to bust a bucket of popcorn out for the NCAA announcement on Penn State tomorrow?

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Jul 22, 2012 7:21:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Anything but the "Death Penalty" is ridiculous. SMU Football was paying players and lying to investigators. A NCAA rule, not a state or federal law. This is far worse than SMU. That being said in no way will I watch this. Over the last few years each year I have hated College Football even more because the off season consists of nothing but investigations and annoying news which has nothing to do with the sport. And the fact that the NCAA is clearly biased towards investigating all non-SEC related matters. The fact Cam Newton still has a Heisman trophy is sad.

I told everyone I knew who discussed this from the time it came out last year that the fact Joe Paterno never walked into a police station was a joke. I expect nothing will happen to the men who covered this up.

Anyways, it hardly seems entertaining and I am sure ESPN and every other news station that reports on College Football will be going nuts over this. Got to get them ratings in.
Captainrich
[Jul 22, 2012 8:01:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

What they got was far worse than the "death penalty". What player will want to go to PSU knowing that they won't make the playoffs for four years? Stripping Paterno of his wins was a huge blow, too. Also, $60 million is pretty serious cash.

I think they did a good job. Paterno got punished, the football program got punished, and the university got punished.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Jul 23, 2012 6:41:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

What they got was far worse than the "death penalty". What player will want to go to PSU knowing that they won't make the playoffs for four years? Stripping Paterno of his wins was a huge blow, too. Also, $60 million is pretty serious cash.

Eh, SMU was a 3 year post-season ban, and I think a 4 year TV ban, as well as more scholarships on a per year basis lost. Also, restrictions in recruiting and they capped the number of coaches that could be hired. Also, they banned football all together for a year, and stripped away home games for the 2nd year. All told, they were barred from fielding a team in '87, and could not get people to field one iin 88. There are similarities, but I wouldn't call PSU worse.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Talisker at Jul 23, 2012 7:40:01 AM]
[Jul 23, 2012 7:36:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

SMU still got it worse. The $60million they lose is probably nothing compared to the loss that losing a football program for a year would give you plus a television ban. The wins doesn't hurt the team at all for the future.

Screw the NCAA.
Captainrich
[Jul 23, 2012 8:07:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez67

SMU was definitely worse. The lost revenue alone if Penn State had to take a full year off and have no home games the following year would vastly exceed the 60 million.

Which is good I guess. This way they keep PSU on life support and suck a bunch of money out for good causes.

I did it.
clarify
It was me.

[Jul 23, 2012 3:37:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

SMU was definitely worse. The lost revenue alone if Penn State had to take a full year off and have no home games the following year would vastly exceed the 60 million.

Which is good I guess. This way they keep PSU on life support and suck a bunch of money out for good causes.

Have they announced the money going to charity? All I have seen is the Big Ten announcing their penalty will go to charity. I wouldn't be surprised if the blood sucking bastard that is the NCAA kept it for themselves.
Captainrich
[Jul 23, 2012 4:23:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 910   Pages: 31   [ First Page | Previous Page | 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates