• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 54
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7021 times and has 53 replies Next Thread
StoneKrush

Re: Shoppes Reply to this Post

Old Hook couldn't for the like of him think how he was going to explain the entrance to another dimention, in the back of the wardrobe, to Mrs. Hook...

----------------------------------------
SALMON from Cobalt- on Shanty Raidio
The Cross-Dressing Pirate
Salmon says, "Ahoy again"
Cleaver says, "Hello scumbag"

[Nov 30, 2004 4:30:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.shantyraidio.com/    ShantySalmon [Link]  Go to top 
Seanicus

StoneKrush wrote: 
Old Hook couldn't for the like of him think how he was going to explain the entrance to another dimention, in the back of the wardrobe, to Mrs. Hook...

Where's the lamppost? :-?
[size=10]Seanicus
Captain - Easily Distracted
Silver Dawn

[Nov 30, 2004 2:15:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Enders_bean wrote: 
Faulkston wrote: 
Enders_bean wrote: 
Already tried both.

There were three room games in that thread, all equally horrid.

Missed the third. /em shrugs.

In my opinion, you didn't miss much.
[Nov 30, 2004 2:19:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
ajmarco

Seanicus wrote: 
StoneKrush wrote: 

Wheee, off to Narnia.
-Spotty
Captain - Hell Hath No Fury
Prince of Riot

[Nov 30, 2004 10:29:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arlahna

ajmarco wrote: 
Seanicus wrote: 
StoneKrush wrote: 

Wheee, off to Narnia.

Can I hug Aslan? Please?????
[size=9]xagoloth said, "Jewelry doesn't buy you love but it puts you in a damn good bargaining position."
DolphineQ said, "Oh Arlahna, I thinks I may end up lubbing ye :D. Yeah. I will. Wait. Hmm. Yup! Definatly!"
[Nov 30, 2004 10:40:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Arlahna    LdyArlahna [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

ajmarco wrote: 
Seanicus wrote: 
StoneKrush wrote: 

Wheee, off to Narnia.

I want to go on the Dawn Treader with Caspian!
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Dec 1, 2004 7:34:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mattastic

Just for fun, I thought I'd try to make some interiors that actually match the exterior realisticly, on a 2:1 ratio, starting with this inn:

Here we see the ground floor. I wonder if anyone will ever fix that table...

Now down the hatch into the cellar, but it's a bit chilly down here, so let's go back up...

Here are the rooms: one nice room, one cheap room. The balconies are pretty much closed off, but you can still go out the back for a stretch.

The balconies have been removed so you can see the rooms better.

Detail of the landing and the back balcony.

Now up to the attic, where the owners sleep. There's an ultra-cheap room here too (shame I couldn't get a slanting roof).

And lastly, the detail of the cheap room. There's always one sheet that's not quite the right shade...

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mattastic at Dec 1, 2004 8:21:48 PM]
[Dec 1, 2004 8:21:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.firewolf.co.uk    the_fire_wolf_uk    FirWolUK [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Great idea, Matt, and quite well done!
[Dec 2, 2004 2:04:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Enders_bean

I can't see any of those...
Cheers to those who are tired to being OK at everything, and exceptional at nothing.
[Dec 2, 2004 4:06:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mattastic

I've moved my images to imageshack, so they shouldn't keep vanishing anymore. I suspect all the other image failures might be bad hosting too.

EDIT: I've finished the bank for my little island too. I should start thinking of names for these places. I'm using this exterior as a base:

The superstitious pirate-accountants of Omega believe canaries can tell if gold is real. The less suspicious ones believe sharp swords get rid of thieves!

If you need help, just ask an assistant upstairs. Looks like someone left the door ajar.

Don't you just wish that was all yours?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mattastic at Dec 2, 2004 4:39:00 AM]
[Dec 2, 2004 4:39:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.firewolf.co.uk    the_fire_wolf_uk    FirWolUK [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Geocities bad != unreliable.
Geocities bad = hourly bandwidth limit (and until recently it seems, no external linking).
[Dec 2, 2004 4:41:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

I just noticed that in that last, cheap room in the inn, it will be hard to get in with the bunks bolted to the door like that...
[Dec 2, 2004 5:36:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mattastic

I just noticed that in that last, cheap room in the inn, it will be hard to get in with the bunks bolted to the door like that...

Oh, that's not the hard bit...

I noticed that earlier, actually. I'm trying to re-arrange the room, but I probably won't update that image. I hope my only other problems are the layering glitches.
[Dec 2, 2004 5:42:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.firewolf.co.uk    the_fire_wolf_uk    FirWolUK [Link]  Go to top 
Enders_bean

I love the detail mate. Some of yer rooms look a little too planned and patternlike rather than random and welcoming, but it's really great.
Cheers to those who are tired to being OK at everything, and exceptional at nothing.
[Dec 2, 2004 7:30:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

I find their planned-ness welcoming! Thbtbtbtb!
[Dec 2, 2004 9:46:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
char

WOW good job matt. I like how you fit so much in with a little space looks really nice
Zife
Senior Officer of Black Death
Host of the 11th Black Death Tournament
Co-Host of the 10th Black Death Tournament
[Dec 2, 2004 10:32:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FyreFaerie

Muffin wrote: 
We can call it the "The Dangerous Room" and you'll have to click around to find keys, slips of paper with mysterious notes on them, and other random objects to aid in your escape.

*cough*
[size=7]Goddamn I love those things. Too bad I finished the three they have already....
fyre / fyrefaerie / laura
Senior Officer of Pirates of the Damned
@chicgeek on twitter
[Dec 2, 2004 1:43:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.laurakishimoto.ca    girlthatisgeek    girlthatisgeek    24427833 [Link]  Go to top 
Xceptopec

Here's an idea for a shipyard if there is a space issue on a given island (no intertiors since they are predetermined already)

(I forgot to save it, hopefully you can get the gist and I'll redo a bigger image later)
Captain Callam

Commander, The Children Of Odin
Prince - Forseti's Justice

Also - (The original) Cutter - (Azure) Ice, Midnight, Cobalt, Sage, Hunter.
[Dec 4, 2004 7:45:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaivo

This isn't really a shop but it's something I made real fast for a break from Island making. I always liked the little system island pieces so I made this island workshop thing, witha mini island model in the center being made for the contest.. yeah.

Aaand a green square's kinda there by accident.. and I also took the shot before adding the arrow in front of the door. :P I still like it though.
[Dec 9, 2004 5:32:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skal

Yes! This is the greatest! Tiny little pirate islands!

Kaivo wrote: 
This isn't really a shop but it's something I made real fast for a break from Island making. I always liked the little system island pieces so I made this island workshop thing, witha mini island model in the center being made for the contest.. yeah.

Aaand a green square's kinda there by accident.. and I also took the shot before adding the arrow in front of the door. :P I still like it though.

Sadiekate
I know Tofu.
[Dec 9, 2004 2:47:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://sadiekate.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Enders_bean

Blockade planning! The pirates reconstruct the island and any surrounding reefs and plan their blockades with toy fleets!
[Dec 10, 2004 4:48:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CursedBurger

I feel inspired to make a sprite comic or something.
Are there any pirates on this ship?
And if they sober up,
they'll have us home by morning.
[Dec 10, 2004 4:57:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zyborg22

I know it probably isn't much, but here's my design for the "Mission Building" if such a thing would ever be implemented.

This is what I thought it might look like if it was a covert, shady guy running it. It's pretty simple, as the guy who works here (and furnishes the place) isn't exactly the richest pirate, so he had to improvise his own fence and skimp on the tables a bit. He also doesn't want to get noticed by the authorities for some reason, so it will look like it isn't much. The writing desks is for writing such things as contracts, job info, and possibly "Wanted" signs.

In theory, you would go to one of the posters to read about jobs and go to the central desk to figure out how to get hired for it (or be told about it if someone is there).

That's actually all there is to this (not very well built, I'll admit) building. Well, I hope you all like it.

EDIT: I might change the color later if this coloration doesn't work, but I personally think it's not half bad.
Zyborg - Avatar done by Kingpriam.
Senior Officer of the crew The Legends
Member of the flag Crimson Tide
[Dec 15, 2004 11:08:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Zyborg22    Zyborg200 [Link]  Go to top 
Leeksoup

Sorry about the save overview map picture, but all i have is Paint which is very bad for piecing together shots.

At last, at long least, famed explorer Scylira had finally found it... the Island of the Pygmies!

Complete with a new ship design up top. A racing sloop.
-Scylira, mostly retired
ponytailguy wrote: 
Yarr, me harties, let me go grab my knitting needles!

Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].
[Dec 16, 2004 12:09:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 54   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates