• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2458 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Shanoyu

Casting Call Reply to this Post

So as has been rumored elsewhere, i'm working on a Watchmen puzzle pirates parody. I'm having some trouble working out the whole scheme o' things though, so i'll tell you what i've got, and you give me suggestions otherwise. If you don't know what "The Watchmen" is, you're missing out and I highly suggest you go to your local comic book store and buy the trade paperback.

(My production has also been delayed by not having access to my own copy..)

Ozymandias: Homullus
The Comedian: RobertDonald
Silk Spectre: ?!?
Dr. Manhattan: Shuranthae (?)
Night Owl II (The young one): ?
Night Owl I: ?
Rorschach: ?
And... A CAST OF THOUSANDS (all those minor characters. All of them. Espically the following:)

Nixon:
VICE PRESIDENT Gerald Ford:
----------------------------------------
His Holiness, The Dope
[Nov 26, 2004 7:00:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tee_Beard

Re: Casting Call Reply to this Post

Shur is going to be the big blue naked guy?

And aren't there two Silk Spectres?
Thesis
It’s kind of funny/sad how I still can find the thing that made me part of Y!PP canon.
[Nov 27, 2004 1:28:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crystal

I'd like to nominate Jyn as Rorschach. Mainly because his reaction to hearing that a piratey parody of his beloved Watchmen was being perpetrated was to want to kill everyone involved. I'd say that was pretty good role-playing, wouldn't you? *grins*
Crystalclaws of British Sea Power, Midnight Ocean
[Nov 27, 2004 7:03:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

I'd make Fronsac Rorschach. But that's just me.
[Nov 27, 2004 9:12:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Tee_Beard

homullus wrote: 
I'd make Fronsac Rorschach. But that's just me.
'

But he hangs around too many communists to make a good Rorschach.
Thesis
It’s kind of funny/sad how I still can find the thing that made me part of Y!PP canon.
[Nov 27, 2004 9:17:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shanoyu

Point for Thesis, also we're slightly convinced he's Night Owl II. We're thinking Potato for I.

Well, that was my suggestion, but I feel similarly, regarding Shur.

There aren't two silk specters. She has a mom though.
His Holiness, The Dope
[Nov 27, 2004 2:41:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tee_Beard

Shanoyu wrote: 
There aren't two silk specters. She has a mom though.

Spoilers are in white.

Laurie was the daughter, and was Silk Spectre II. Her mother was the first Silk Spectre, and was the one who was raped by the Comedian.
Thesis
[Nov 27, 2004 3:04:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Shanoyu wrote: 
Point for Thesis, also we're slightly convinced he's Night Owl II. We're thinking Potato for I.

See, I was thinking Dr. Manhattan. In the world but not of it.

Bonus funny points for making Hermes Laurie.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Nov 27, 2004 9:08:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ramirojr

While I'm not entirely familiar with this story (ok, not familiar at all), you need to make me one of the cool, mysterious, major characters, since I'm cool, mysterious, and major.
My backpacking buddy wrote: 
Remember that time we went through the Hall o'Precedents, then refused t'do it again? That Summer were the best.

[Nov 28, 2004 2:04:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

ramirojr wrote: 
While I'm not entirely familiar with this story (ok, not familiar at all), you need to make me one of the cool, mysterious, major characters, since I'm cool, mysterious, and major.

There should be more than one of your character because no one knows who you are but everyone claims to be you.

Case in point: I am Ramirojr.
[Nov 28, 2004 3:29:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates