• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 869 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
roguejoe

Cut and Paste of the Buy/Sell Commods Window Reply to this Post

Ahoy
I've got a traders spreadsheet in the works and was wondering if it would be possible to copy/paste the buy/sell commods window into a spreadsheet such as Excel or OpenOffice.
It sure would save me a TON of time, and be able to collect the data per island much faster.
Has this been discussed before?
Is it ever going to be an option?
If not, why?

Thanks!
~Joe

Diamond - Because it's for ever.
[Nov 25, 2004 7:48:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Re: Cut and Paste of the Buy/Sell Commods Window Reply to this Post

roguejoe wrote: 
Ahoy
I've got a traders spreadsheet in the works and was wondering if it would be possible to copy/paste the buy/sell commods window into a spreadsheet such as Excel or OpenOffice.
It sure would save me a TON of time, and be able to collect the data per island much faster.
Has this been discussed before?
Is it ever going to be an option?
If not, why?

Thanks!
~Joe

Diamond - Because it's for ever.

I think it's doable... but if I recall correctly, you'll come up against some oddities- eg. Herb_red instead of madder, and so on.

Really? Collecting trade data for a single island, unless you are constantly updating it, isn't actually so useful. I find I just check around the arch every once in a while if I'm actively managing, and I get a good sense of what's reasonable to charge or offer for a commodity.
----------------------------------------
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 25, 2004 8:33:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Malachite314

if you copy the info from the trade screen at the moment, it looks something like this:

[left=false, right=cane(1, 50.0kg, 100l, 10pul, 2cpu)] [left=false, right=Cani's Distilling Stall] [left=false, right=2] [left=false, right=91] [left=false, right=10] [left=false, right=709]

and you can can only copy one at a time.

this is less than useful for a spreadsheet - though the data can change in the blink of an eye, so I don't see how compiling a spreadsheet would be useful anyway. Its just a matter of knowing when someone is buying high or selling low... and that's something that comes from watching the markets and having a good idea of commod. value. With the current sorting screen, combined with being able to view the buy/sell screen from markets its easy as pie to become familiar with this information.
[Nov 25, 2004 10:53:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
roguejoe

All very true,
except the idea is that the numbers pulled here will be generated into the store profit stuff... hmmm... might be a little to complicated to explain w/o some way to show ya :)
As far as the numbers going outdated and such, many people tell me that, and as someone who's hand transfered each number my fair share of times, the markets on some islands change suprizingly slow. Some commodities, paint or enamel for example in Diamond really don't change. Buy prices for cloth on some islands in Diamond almost don't change. The idea really shines when you tied it in the this travel planner I've been tinkering with. Takes the buy/sell info, your ship capacity and such into account and the number of units traded to let you know which commods you should go for when just sailing from one island to another.

All this aside though, the ability to copy/paste those buy/sell screens would be helpful, or, if there was some way to take the gibberish it tosses out now and convert it quick and easy, all the better.
Is that even a possibility?
Or are we looking at the "time/worth it" problem again?
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates