• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 108
Posts: 108   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 29514 times and has 107 replies Next Thread
tkp42

Filtered Words List

The following words were marked red and were unusable in chat:

• sf
  • d/c
  • miss
  • mr
  • mr.
  • ms
  • ms.
  • mrs
  • mrs.
  • wtf
  • hax
  • rly

What other words have ye pirates come across?
----------------------------------------
Tonya+nator
Claiming poker ruined the game since 2006
[Jul 2, 2009 3:10:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ice.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Tonyanator [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Re: Filtered Words List

All these ones in GD, want to consolidate this a little?
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Jul 2, 2009 4:05:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nunny_45

Frankly i would love to see chatspeak Red, maby if we can start these kids speaking properly young then they will be better individuals when they migrate from the kid pool.
Nunny
[Jul 2, 2009 4:43:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

My name needs to be added pleas. Wildsrose.. with an s in the middle.

I am finding it very frustrating..
I cannot /who many friends.. as they are not on the list.
The ocean Malacite .. is red
.. Jobbing commands and invites do not work for me. or for others trying to invite me or job me
.Cannot use most stall and shoppe names.. Sieva stills.. etc..
Cannot use cb

From what I can see.. we are going to become very inventive.

The ann0yance.. plus people already threatening to complain ye for saying ye are getting the vulgar message for normal ,completely acceptable, everyday words.
well ..

Ye can't even say GRRR!
lol
heheh

Fun too.
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Jul 2, 2009 6:52:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

The ocean Malacite .. is red

It's not if you spell it right. MalacHite.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Jul 2, 2009 7:19:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

The following words were marked red and were unusable in chat:
  • wtf

What other words have ye pirates come across?

• For a family friendly ocean, I don't want this approved. I know it filters, but, I don't want the meaning behind it encouraged. Much like STFU shouldn't be allowed either, even though it filters.

As is my biggest. And I can't huggle. Or type my name.
    Jolyma

[Jul 2, 2009 8:47:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    taelac

Words I run into, edited as I run into them and don't see them already listed:

• Bumblebeard
    • Sassparilla/Sarsparilla
    • Reclient

~Taelac
    ROMS XVII:Vanilla Filler
    Dead Thread
    [Edit 3 times, last edit by taelac at Jul 4, 2009 3:09:13 PM]
    [Jul 2, 2009 8:56:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Talisker

And I can't huggle.

Not sure words encouraging or describing close physical contact are particularly appropriate for young kids playing with strangers.
    Leif
    The Forums
    Gunnermooch wrote: 
    I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
    [Jul 2, 2009 9:04:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    emerson

Then hug should be out, too :-)
    Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
    Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
    [Jul 2, 2009 9:17:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Talisker

I could agree.
    Leif
    The Forums
    Gunnermooch wrote: 
    I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
    [Jul 2, 2009 9:18:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Jolyma

But then you're excluding adults playing with young relatives. I can see blocking kissing and spanking and all of that, but hugs are relatively harmless. (Coming from a parent who plans on letting her little ones play)

I can live with out it. Which reminds me:

Miss is not allowed.
    Jolyma

[Jul 2, 2009 10:43:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

I could agree.

Remove 'lick' as well - I've always found that habit of licking people rather disturbing.
    Pletoo of Sage
    [Jul 2, 2009 10:46:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    REJBELLS

Please . if you are allowing urs and pilly and can we have mem for memorizing .. .. I am not that great a typist .
    I miss the usual shorter versions of words. Have spent most of day correcting the tiny words I can not see easily in red.. ( although better than plain) with people upset cause i am not responding fast enough.
    Now i am a gramma.. I know my granson's are not perfect spellers either. and then those with disabilities./.. I know 000 is doing a great job..
    Right now names are popping up type-able wppt!

but i am exhausted.. and have hardly done what I had hoped

Also, I discovered that you can as a fleet and ship owner and badge holder not order someone else to actually dnav you ship while you sail.. Or Bnav.. At least an officer level badge holder.

Neither one of us .. although we tried various ways.. could get a sail button.
    Only deprt

I like that ships are perma locked! .. Had a kid try to use my ship while I was standing on it..
    lol..

Is this going to mean that only the deed holder can operate the ship.

worries about deed swapping.
    .. or are deeds not tradeable...

Giggles at self
    .. Too tired lol
    Wildsrose Of:
    Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
    [Jul 2, 2009 1:07:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Gothmog1065

All these ones in GD, want to consolidate this a little?

Ceph locked the thread (I asked to have it moved, he may have missed it), so this thread is it now I suppose.
    Nemesis wrote: 
    You ruined my joke, Goth.
    Arakael wrote: 
    Goth is right, as usual.
    Blobbles wrote: 
    Goth is right. *shudders*

[Jul 2, 2009 1:43:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    StuManchu

This is a place for parents' questions (as defined explicitly at the rollup forum menu). Why can't we discuss Crimson elsewhere?
    Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
    [Jul 2, 2009 2:04:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Cephalopod
    Developer

This is a place for parents' questions (as defined explicitly at the rollup forum menu). Why can't we discuss Crimson elsewhere?

Nobody said you can't.

But discussion of the word list for the family ocean chat filter seems quite apropos in the parents' corner forum, and it's really not useful to have everyone and their dog start up their own unique thread about it in whichever forum they please instead of keeping it in one place.
    [Jul 2, 2009 2:07:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    JamesStGeorg

The amount and level of censored words is completely and utterly farcical.

Ferd a pirate name, cant be typed nor can 'Ult', or 'inc'

You need to start from the other direction. Let everything go and add bad words, as it seems to get the current result you must have banned everything and added a few acceptable words. Back to front.

Yes I just tried random letter groups and they all go red. Must be banning everything not added to a dictionary. That is plain stupid. I fully agree with control of bad language but add the words in to a bad list, a starting set will be obvious, then add in any complained about with reason. Not ban even random letters like, fhafr frfjk ajdfie kefierf.
    Jstgeorge of Emerald.
    [Jul 2, 2009 3:54:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Dylan

The amount and level of censored words is completely and utterly farcical.

No, it isn't.

There are certain bugs and teething problems, sure.

I'm trusting that OOO has actually taken legal advice on how to deal with the COPPA law. If they haven't, then they are worse asses than I have ever been.

By law, there are a shedload of things which need to be done to protect under-13s, to the degree that OOO has been unable to support such players until now. We all know that the law is an ass, of course.

But an ass is a donkey to me. It probably means something anal to most of you in America, and I can understand why even the word "as" has been restricted.

Give OOO a week or a month to get the release stable, help them do so, but remember that it is a computer program that has to make these filter decisions as you type.

A white-list is the best way to abide by the law. If we could use random letters, it would allow us to speak random other languages as crudely as we wanted.

If you don't want to play on the family-friendly ocean, then don't. I won't much, beyond help check filters a bit.
    [Jul 2, 2009 4:04:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Gaea
    OceanMaster

For what it's worth, it's my understanding (I'm not at home right now, so I can't confirm in real-time) that "as" is being added to the whitelist. Hooray for similes!
    A Pirate says, "u know OMs are much nicer than i thought"
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Gaea at Jul 2, 2009 4:18:57 PM]
    [Jul 2, 2009 4:18:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Jolyma

You need to start from the other direction. Let everything go and add bad words, as it seems to get the current result you must have banned everything and added a few acceptable words. Back to front.

Yes I just tried random letter groups and they all go red. Must be banning everything not added to a dictionary. That is plain stupid. I fully agree with control of bad language but add the words in to a bad list, a starting set will be obvious, then add in any complained about with reason. Not ban even random letters like, fhafr frfjk ajdfie kefierf.

The other oceans are the other direction. Look at the filter evasion there, the spam, the sex talk, and all of that other chat that would make an ocean NOT family friendly.

Also, why on earth do you care that you can't type random letters? All that is, is spam.

Fact is, I've heard many pirates say that even without sinking environments, they are considering moving to Crimson because it's a nicer environment altogether. The funny thing, almost all of the people (that I know from other oceans) griping about the filter switch are teenagers.
    Jolyma

[Jul 2, 2009 4:45:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    grizzlyly

For what it's worth, it's my understanding (I'm not at home right now, so I can't confirm in real-time) that "as" is being added to the whitelist. Hooray for similes!

It's great to see simple words like "As" being added but could we also add the ablility to use /w and /invite or /job pirate names that arn't in the dictionary?
    Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
    Clotho has left the vessel.

[Jul 2, 2009 5:31:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    randompanzy

Awesome! it was such a pain to write without as =/.

i still would like the letter k unblocked though if it isnt already
    Randompanzy from Viridian now sailing on Obsidian
    SO of Lion's Roar
    Titled Member of Placeholder
    The views on my post are of my own and not my flag.

Tranquilized says, u kno yer notorious for lagging? xD

[Jul 2, 2009 5:46:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.teamepsilon.net    phillip1904    GB Fayt    I'm a little kitty that goes MOO! :D [Link]  Go to top 
    Dylan

mkay?
    [Jul 2, 2009 5:47:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    JamesStGeorg

The other oceans are the other direction. Look at the filter evasion there, the spam, the sex talk, and all of that other chat that would make an ocean NOT family friendly.

Also, why on earth do you care that you can't type random letters? All that is, is spam.

Fact is, I've heard many pirates say that even without sinking environments, they are considering moving to Crimson because it's a nicer environment altogether. The funny thing, almost all of the people (that I know from other oceans) griping about the filter switch are teenagers.

I don't care about random letters, it was a test. Simple misspelling and typing will be a problem as things seem to be though.

It is not difficult to work it the normal way round with a heavier hand than the normal oceans. I have seen word filters done that way so gradually every faintly recognisable asterisked variation of bad language is added.

However if there is some extreme USA law that is the problem viable use of chat may be impossible. When even all the Miss, Mr things are red, and game words like 'inc'. Perhaps some of these will be worked out, like adding every pirate name to a 'good list' as they register, but poor typing and spelling is going to be a nightmare. Here we can use a spell checker and take time to correct things. In game we can't.
    Jstgeorge of Emerald.
    [Jul 2, 2009 5:55:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Gothmog1065

FINALLAY! *wags tail* >.>

And for those of you complaining about this and that and the other. Stop complaining and offer suggestions. In case you don't know, a BETA release means that there are going to be bugs and game changes. Some of these things you are whining may or may not be changed.

Seriously, stop and read the tone of some of your posts. You're not offering suggestions, your whining about them. The whitelist is far from perfect as of now (I CAN USE AS AGAIN! WHEE!). It is going to get better. The ocean has been opened for just barely over a day.

Suggestions. Not whining.
    Nemesis wrote: 
    Arakael wrote: 
    Goth is right, as usual.
    Blobbles wrote: 

[Jul 2, 2009 6:19:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Gothmog1065

Princess is filtered.
    Nemesis wrote: 
    Arakael wrote: 
    Goth is right, as usual.
    Blobbles wrote: 

[Jul 2, 2009 7:15:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

Crimson broadcast wrote: 
    The server will be rebooted in 5 minutes. Reboot to fix issues with the chat filter & pirate names

Pletoo of Sage
    [Jul 2, 2009 8:09:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    grizzlyly

Crimson broadcast wrote: 
    The server will be rebooted in 5 minutes. Reboot to fix issues with the chat filter & pirate names

Yup we can now /who our friends!
    Kickhead on Hunter

Kickie forced Clotho to walk the plank.
    Clotho has left the vessel.

[Jul 3, 2009 6:30:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    GreatBob

People need to remember that Crimson is in Beta testing, it is not a production ocean (yet). This means we are testing an unfinished product, with the purpose of providing constructive feedback to the creators. This is a means of giving them first-hand comments on how well we like the product. Don't whine, post constructive comments.
    Penguinpaste, SO of Polaris, Obsidian. Dark side.

[Jul 3, 2009 7:02:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    nunny_45

Mise as well add American to the red list, no point in having on thier if no other country is allowed (and so kiddies cant say were they are from).
    Nunny
    [Jul 3, 2009 7:06:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 108   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates