• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 245
Posts: 245   Pages: 9   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
This topic has been viewed 71412 times and has 244 replies Next Thread
Winklecat

Re: Family Ocean Beta Feedback

Lime-ade! Perfect!
I too plead for a very little attention for crimson.
I won't repeat the many excellent suggestions that have been made here and in other threads.
To pick up on something that Apate said about skellies, they need to be easier to get to!
Yesterday a couple of us were hoping to get the January badge out of the way.
On Crimson, everyone should get the skellies and zombies mission.
Or they should appear mainly in Jade Arch.
Because the likelihood of there being 5 pirates on at the same time
Who either have the mission or have been to Spectre and Last Stand Hill is pretty low.
While I am here I don't suppose that anyone has the charts from Cabo to Charcoal? I have Charcoal to Hadrian but can't get my sloop there. Getting charts outside of jade is hard!
Winklecat
----------------------------------------
Winklecat
SO of The Bootleggers on Emerald
Royal and occasional monarch of The End
[Jan 4, 2011 3:52:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Also:

Click on any of the white-named pirates to challenge them to a practice sword fight. Check the tournament board for upcoming tournaments or join some mates for a drink or a brawl!

This is what a greenie sees the first time he or she enters an Inn on Crimson.

Ah, thank you. I'll let them know about that.
[Jan 7, 2011 12:20:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Setsusa

How did this take over a year and a half to be noticed? Albeit not by OOO.
Cremate on Emerald.
Motou on Meridian.
[Jan 10, 2011 9:50:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Most of us on Crimson are pirates with main oceans. When we make a new pirate on the same client .. different ocean.. we do not get greenies. ( At least , Those of us who paid real money for subscriptions don't)

Since we also can not see the log ins that the true greenies get, it is reasonable that we would also not notice something on a greenies client..
Aso, We are so used to those popups, if they do show up, most of us aret not paying them any notice.. just trying to get to where we want to go underneath it.
A new adult and child logging on do not neccessarily intuit that the 'drinking' 'Game' is associated with rum and thus alcohol on the main oceans. ( since they probably have not been there yet even.)

By the time they have waded thru the intro and landed.. even after visiting the Inn and a few places.. they may not even remember that such a thing was advertised. Just that a variety of different kinds of games are there.. somewhere.

Also, the interface is not perfect lol. Occasionally,we get the various rums and commodes not used on Crimson as part of our winnings in battles. Took me a long while to twig to the fact the reason I could not sell off the stuff was cause it is not part of the Crimson game.. Had a great laugh over that!

I just think , since we can't hardly ever sell in foraged goods anywhere consistantly.. especially limes, that limade would be a fun use for the dang things, be appropriate to the age considerations.,give meaning and use to the distilleries and the puzzle etc etc.

Also, a fun part of the game, when the ship mates have nothing to drink is lost . Kids can identify with being thirsty. That being out in the open seas ,sailors have to drink something! Kids understand scurvy.. Kids love silly graphics. Kids understand that if they do not get enough fluids they get dizzy and do not feel good. They also know that if they drink too much pop or sugary stuff they will feel ill and dizzy too!

Make the graphics with silly faces and use a more common 'dizzy' graphics instead of the bubbles. Make a different groan for the hic up.. .. Just chage the wording slightly in the drinking game.

Most kids/people who are interested in pirates have seen all the Pirates of the Caribean movies. There are many home school sites, Piratical history sites ,all aimed at our under 13's.. All that I have been to discuss/explain what the daily ration of rums was. It is written into any examples of contracts pirates signed that I saw, as well.

Call it gLog instead of gRog..lol..
Wasn't Grog originally Sugar water and Limes with the rum?
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Jan 10, 2011 11:23:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
liane

Having just started investigating Crimson for my young ones I noticed that on puzzlepiratesfamily.com the http://www.puzzlepiratesfamily.com/about.xhtml the Puzzle Scenes shows examples from Distilling that includes Rum; Drinking; and the various card games.

In general, and we've been playing Y!PP (on and off) since Beta, I found the information available to parents on what Crimson was or how it works to be vague and confusing. I've had to come to the forums to even begin to guess at how some of it works. We've always used the subscription accounts and never played on a Dub Ocean. I suppose I am like a naive parent in that aspect and you could consider my feedback a mash up of naivete and experience!

From the puzzle Pirates and Puzzle Pirates Family sites I don't understand why I would want my kids to go to Crimson rather than another ocean. It provides some nice soft reasons for why to play Crimson but if I don't think my under 13s need to see filtered language, have controlled chat, be limited in playing certain games or need 24 hour assistance (they would be only logged on and playing with us) then why wouldn't I create on another ocean? (I had to search the YPPedia for the ToS to be sure that there was still an actual age restriction on the other oceans and what it was).

I get what you want the site to do, but I don't think it helps you much or provides enough information for parents. I think parents new to YPP would need to play Crimson for at least a week or two to really understand the game and how it works - and not many parents are going to be that persistent to figure it out before deciding that they will let their kids on it.
[Feb 7, 2011 4:34:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 245   Pages: 9   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates