• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1970 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Azagh

Shred me a piraty riff Reply to this Post

For all thoose guitar players out there i want to make you a puzzle pirates ROCKSTAR. I myself play guitar and know all the hardship that goes into learning a new song let alone writting one.

There will be 2 categories

Original - write your own song

For this one you must send me a copy of the tab.
I will be checking for plagarism.

Tribute - play your favourite song or the ultimate shred.

For this category the person would have to put it on youtube or record it and you must prove it is done by you.

Each person is allowed to enter 1 of each category.

Before i make this a formal event im gonna need some financial backing and some imput on how to make this event better.
----------------------------------------
Azagh of the Viridian 2006- 2015

MIA - Smirnoff (tan octo), Outgoing Stickleback (first ship), Time bandit (Favorite ship), Northwestern, Glenfiddich & Buffalo Trace (my shoppes) and my Galene doll won in the indy 50.0
[Jun 22, 2009 6:42:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Re: Shred me a piraty riff Reply to this Post

I also play the guitar and the keyboards, electric and acoustic, I would love to enter an event like this...

But I hate to say it, I can't imagine we have that many guitar players on this game...

But I'd love to see this event on the main pages...
Asheme - Malachite/Viridian Oceans - (2009 - 2011)
Mastorakis - Meridian Ocean - (2013 - present) that is all.....
[Jun 23, 2009 9:01:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cambiata

Might it be easier if you just made it a general musical performance (other than singing). I am almost done a university music degree but I have no clue how to play the guitar. However I would be able to plunk out a melody on the piano or even play something on my trumpet. By making it a broader skill set you will get more performers.

I can also see that this this may be rather hard to judge as you would need skilled musicians to figure out if the compositions were actually good for those that weren't getting performed. You would need to learn how to play all the compositions before you could judge them. It would be much easier for this category if you made the entrant play this as well. This way you would not have to learn the song yourself in order to judge whether it was good or not. A copy of the music could also be submitted along with the performance.

One last thing is that with writing music compositions it is rather difficult to know if it is truly an original composition. There are so many songs out there one could probably find something obscure enough that people wouldn't notice it wasn't their own. I guess in this sense it would be easier to police if you kept it to just guitar tabs however you would have a lot smaller amount of people able to participate.
Cambiata,
~Currently pillaging the Obsidian Ocean~
from the Viridian (now Meridian) ocean

[Jun 23, 2009 9:40:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://cambiata.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Azagh

i did consider making it open to all instruments for the right your own part but didnt because i can only play the guitar ( i am an expert player ). but i will open it up for all instruments for the reharse a classic one.
Azagh of the Viridian 2006- 2015

MIA - Smirnoff (tan octo), Outgoing Stickleback (first ship), Time bandit (Favorite ship), Northwestern, Glenfiddich & Buffalo Trace (my shoppes) and my Galene doll won in the indy 50.0
[Jun 24, 2009 11:37:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

What about requiring them to provide a video of them playing the piece?

Like a video of their hands on the guitar, or on the piano, just a thought...

It would make it far more easy to tell if someone was faking it.

Plus, this event is calling for the utmost in creativity, so you would need a lot of high up prizes if you are gonna get anyone to enter.
Asheme - Malachite/Viridian Oceans - (2009 - 2011)
Mastorakis - Meridian Ocean - (2013 - present) that is all.....
[Jun 24, 2009 11:21:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

I have got a guitar, but I don't really know how to play it. Could I write a song and play it my own way (use it to make noise, not necessarily very technically decent)? Or would I have to actually know how to play it properly? lol
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Jun 25, 2009 2:17:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates