• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 56
Posts: 56   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10502 times and has 55 replies Next Thread
yjia9832

YJ's avatar Shop Reply to this Post

Hi everyone,
Welcome to my avatar shop.

Here's a place to be different. I believe a personal avatar should show the user's personality. If any of you guys would kindly order an avatar from me, please show me your personality.
The followings are some examples I have done.

If you like what you see and want to give me a chance, here's how it works:
Please PM me with:
Pirate name
Link to portrait
Ideas & details

I will reply you with a price (doubloon) depending on how detailed your avatar is, roughly around 20 doubloons. If you think the price is acceptable, send me a confirmation. The price might change in the future.
A real life picture of yours will be greatly appreciated if you think I'm trustworthy enough to protect your identity, but it's optional.
English is not my first language, so please use proper English in PMs. Thank you.

Once I receive your payment, I will start working on it. I want to be responsible for your payment, please give me around 2 weeks to complete the order. I will keep in touch with you through PMs discussing my ideas.

I would like to work on 1 avatar at a time, so there will be a waiting list, please check my signature status.

Important notes: Avatar is not an in-game item that can be traded, pay me only if you trust me. I reserve the right to decline your order.
----------------------------------------
YJ
Prestige
Sage

Queue full
[Edit 6 times, last edit by yjia9832 at Aug 18, 2009 6:41:26 AM]
[Jun 20, 2009 9:15:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yjia9832

Re: YJ's avatar Shop Reply to this Post

Promotion:

As a tradition, the first avatar is free. Due to different time zones, it’s always unfair to some people.
If anyone would like to give me a try, please post your ideas in this thread
I’m going to give a free avatar but I will give it to the person whose entry interests me the most next time I check the thread.
YJ
Prestige
Sage

Queue full
[Jun 20, 2009 9:16:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharuka

Here's my idea. :)

If I get chosen I'd love an avatar where I'm dnavving through a heavy storm (crackles of lightening breaking overhead) with my monkey trying to hang desperately onto my head. <3 rain!
Folie Circulaire presents: Midnight Memmathon Madness!
Springheel wrote: 
Do you stroke little Ghandi?

[Jun 20, 2009 9:35:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lcawte

Can I post various Ideas?
Lcawte All Oceans
Senior Officer, Privateers of Emerald Ocean. Former Governor of Barbary Island.
Sage: Lcawte - Captain Of Scottish Seadogs , King Of [url=tinyurl.com/lb
[Jun 20, 2009 9:47:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.lewiscawte.me [Link]  Go to top 
kliennobody

if the first one is still free...?

I'd like to submit the idea of me battle navigating on a sloop against a huge war frigate or like ghost ship? with like hardcore tides and lightning and darkness. and like just trying to hangy on to the ship and ooo maybe parts of other boatsin the water around the sloop? idk and maybe like my favorite doggy bear in the front of the ship with his leg on the mast bein all... rawr to the other ship :P and portray it like... bravery and courage of like good people agianst like an evil big boat. ooo and even a whirlpool? idk that could be awesome. ooo and maybe instead of big ship kraken? and like me with a big sword ready to defend my ship against it? not to steal the rain thing but maybe with lightning crackling and in a heavy storm?

if you need a pic of me... the idea
that kinda portrays the whole event.

saying if its still you know free cuz im a cobalt. if only more good avatar makers were on my oceanl...

I'm Klein btw

Ooo. And i totally get that whole personality thing your going wiff so maybe you could make me has a muskateer hat thats all blackish and like go wiff something like a rag shirt? cuase i like you know a boyish charm thats kinda naughty yet hardcore and brave.
Klein

[Insert witty unnoticeable signature here]
[Edit 5 times, last edit by kliennobody at Jun 20, 2009 3:25:59 PM]
[Jun 20, 2009 10:29:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starsapphire

For the free one...otherwise I'll pay :-D

My pirate is based off JJR Tolkien's sea-elves (I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan) . (Full Quote: "In water they had great delight, and those that came at last to the western shores were enamored of the sea. The Sea-elves therefore they became in the land of Aman, the Falmari, for they made music beside the breaking waves." The Silmarillion, page 43) Basic request: Pointy ears. I have always loved the image that pops into my head when I think of making music beside the breaking waves. That phrase is what I wish you to go off of when drawing. If you need further details let me know!

Gallery
Falmari on all Oceans

In water they had great delight, and those that came at last to the western shores were enamoured of the sea.
[Jun 20, 2009 1:49:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Justinmickey

Wow. These avatars are genius. Nice job, and good luck with the shoppe. (May order one once more examples come in.)
Modern, Emerald.
Spam, Meridian.
[Jun 20, 2009 3:51:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

Definately bying one, Ill pm you with the details shortly
Saviour, Meridian
[Jun 20, 2009 4:41:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yjia9832

First of all, thank you guys for particpating the promotion.
There are some interesting ideas, but I think the most challenging and interesting one for me is the this one from Falmari.

For the free one...otherwise I'll pay :-D

My pirate is based off JJR Tolkien's sea-elves (I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan) . (Full Quote: "In water they had great delight, and those that came at last to the western shores were enamored of the sea. The Sea-elves therefore they became in the land of Aman, the Falmari, for they made music beside the breaking waves." The Silmarillion, page 43) Basic request: Pointy ears. I have always loved the image that pops into my head when I think of making music beside the breaking waves. That phrase is what I wish you to go off of when drawing. If you need further details let me know!

Gallery

I will send you a PM once I have a good idea. Thank you.
YJ
Prestige
Sage

Queue full
[Jun 21, 2009 2:40:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RayvynRoze

I've already pm'd you, but I figured I'd better post here too.
Alethia on Midnight
Senior Officer
Tyr's Own

"One might say that there are occasions in which barrelstoppery is best combatted with bigger and better barrelstoppery."
[Jun 21, 2009 1:34:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starsapphire

First of all, thank you guys for particpating the promotion.
There are some interesting ideas, but I think the most challenging and interesting one for me is the this one from Falmari.

Whee! Thank you! Can not wait to see what you come up with! :-D
Falmari on all Oceans

In water they had great delight, and those that came at last to the western shores were enamoured of the sea.
[Jun 25, 2009 7:05:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yjia9832

Hope you like it :)

Because of the size limit, I have to reduce a lot of frames.
YJ
Prestige
Sage

Queue full
[Jul 1, 2009 2:35:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starsapphire

Z O M G!

That is AMAZING!

I love it. Its a shame about the size limit, you don't get to see the name on the avatar version. It is still quite wonderful!!
Falmari on all Oceans

[Jul 1, 2009 4:16:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lamour

Yoooo look who's here in businesss
Congrats to your opening!
keep up the great work!
I admire Dora
Back and moved to midnight as Hudie ^^
Reopened my avvie shoppe
[Jul 7, 2009 6:22:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yjia9832

keep up the great work!

Thank ye ^^ I'm still a beginner at this though. Will you come back to make great avatars again?

By the way, Saviour's avatar is finished, hope you like it:

YJ
Prestige
Sage

Queue full
[Jul 8, 2009 7:43:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

Gawd, dewd, gawd, hawt.

Seriously, I lurv it, thanks alot :)

Edit: Just a slight problem for me, its like 300 something bytes too big xD Im not sure how to fix it, since my knowledge about these fails, Ill try fiddle with it though
Saviour, Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SaviourS at Jul 9, 2009 3:09:50 AM]
[Jul 9, 2009 3:07:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yjia9832

I'm sorry I didnt look closely, it just showed 60kb, didnt know there were some extra bytes.
I think this one should be fine, I've tested it on the forum.

YJ
Prestige
Sage

Queue full
[Jul 9, 2009 4:12:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

Yep everythings fine now :) Thanks again, really looking forward to seeing more of your work and might poke you again with another order >.>
Saviour, Meridian
[Jul 9, 2009 4:21:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starsapphire

Gawd, dewd, gawd, hawt.

Saviour's is......words can not describe the awesomeness.....

/e stares at it for a while
Falmari on all Oceans

[Jul 9, 2009 7:00:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bigslick12

http://midnight.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/?pirate=Bluffinwhite

*crazy idea* This would be my fist portrait..could i get one with a familiar on me and me singing in the pirate opera..
Bluffinwhite

No, I won't do it, you can't make me!!! No, No, No!!! .....Wait, you have cookies?

Jailbreaking SHOULD be LEGAL!!!
[Jul 9, 2009 7:29:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
UCSBboy

Am I to understand by the que full comment in your signature that you aren't taking orders right now? If you are taking orders, I'll PM you with an order once you confirm that you are still taking orders. If you aren't, I guess I will have to wait till your que has spots again. :)
Auranic of Obsidian
Sheeran of Emerald
Sheeran of Meridian

[quote]Verlool says (on vent), "We knew him when he was in his prime, we called him Sheeran the Magnificent."
[Jul 9, 2009 1:03:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yjia9832

Am I to understand by the que full comment in your signature that you aren't taking orders right now? If you are taking orders, I'll PM you with an order once you confirm that you are still taking orders. If you aren't, I guess I will have to wait till your que has spots again. :)

Yes, you are right. I'm not taking more orders right now.
Just some info on how my avatar shop works,
I only open the queue when all my orders are finished. I dont want to take the money and let you guys wait for a long time. Each time I open the queue I will take about 2-3 orders which are the first 3 PMs I receive.
I like to put some thoughts in the avatar. I dont want you see a picture only but to feel the speed and magic or hear the thunder and music. It takes a while for me to come up with a good idea.
It normally takes 2 days to finish the sketch and colouring once I have a good idea, but I put a lot of time on the animation. It's hard to tell a story within 60kbs. I have no luck finding a good gif file optimizer. If anyone can give me some suggestions, it will be greatly appreciated.
On a final note, I cant draw something cute, it's not my style and there are plenty other amazing avatar makers out there that can make cute avatars. I'm sorry.
Thanks for reading.
YJ
Prestige
Sage

Queue full
[Edit 1 times, last edit by yjia9832 at Jul 9, 2009 7:05:10 PM]
[Jul 9, 2009 7:04:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RayvynRoze

Wow.
I can't wait to see what you come up with for me. We still haven't worked out a meeting time though...care to pm me when is good to find you?
Alethia on Midnight
Senior Officer
Tyr's Own

"One might say that there are occasions in which barrelstoppery is best combatted with bigger and better barrelstoppery."
[Jul 9, 2009 10:53:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lamour

very impressive as a beginner!
I love this flashy style <3
hehe I am back a bit got 3 avvies to finish ^^ maybe will reopen my shoppe after that
ewwww I wish I had poes on sage, so I could order one from ye!

Thank ye ^^ I'm still a beginner at this though. Will you come back to make great avatars again?

I admire Dora
Back and moved to midnight as Hudie ^^
Reopened my avvie shoppe
[Jul 12, 2009 7:47:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silent_Fable

keep up the great work!

Ok Saviour and I don't get along anymore. But ummm...you made him YUMMY! ZOMG yea ok that's a pic to drool over.
Fable
"if you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you'll end up doing nothing for nobody"

[Jul 12, 2009 7:52:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yjia9832

I've done Alethia's avatar.
It will look like something lik this.

I will post the 150x150 forum avatar version once I receive the payment.
I've noticed that being in a different time zone is really hard to meet up. You can pay any royalties in my flag on sage if they are online.

Thanks.
YJ
Prestige
Sage

Queue full
[Jul 17, 2009 10:05:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Logon123

These avatars are beyond amazing, i can't wait for mine :)
Logon from Malachite
[Jul 18, 2009 12:07:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RayvynRoze

Wow, that's really cool! And I sent you a pm today, so hopefully we can get the payment worked out ASAP.
Alethia on Midnight
Senior Officer
Tyr's Own

[Jul 19, 2009 3:09:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yjia9832

Payment received :) Here's your avatar:

YJ
Prestige
Sage

Queue full
[Jul 20, 2009 1:41:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RayvynRoze

Very cool! Thanks so much!
Alethia on Midnight
Senior Officer
Tyr's Own

[Jul 20, 2009 9:33:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 56   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates