• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 619
Posts: 619   Pages: 21   [ First Page | Previous Page | 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 164460 times and has 618 replies Next Thread
lcawte

Re: Island Editor Reply to this Post

What does the error say?

Unable to load scene from C:/program files/three rings design/ Yohoho tools/full scene.pgn:
Parse error: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1- byte UTF-8 sequence

Thats what the error says.

Thats the error if you try to open the PNG in a tools client.. it will work with any viewing program, inlcuding Windows photo gallery. You can NOT open pictures even screenshots on the tools :)
----------------------------------------
Lcawte All Oceans
Sage: Lcawte - Captain Of Scottish Seadogs , King Of Scottish Seakings
[Edit 1 times, last edit by lcawte at Jun 2, 2009 9:58:12 AM]
[Jun 2, 2009 9:55:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.lewiscawte.me [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Possibly a dumb question, but you're trying to load the .xml file, right? Not the .png?
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Jun 2, 2009 9:24:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smartjenny

Possibly a dumb question, but you're trying to load the .xml file, right? Not the .png?

Possibly not, I only got a .Png
Pepperminty
SO of Serenity on Cobalt

Freak wrote: Welcome to cobalt! we all love each other. We all hate each others guts.

[Jun 3, 2009 2:08:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

That'd be your problem :) The island editor can only open XML files.
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Jun 3, 2009 5:11:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kirppu1

Umm.. Is something supposed to happen when I click "save overview map"? Because nothing really happens.. Also, nothing happens when I click "display commodity object counts" or "save full scene".. *shrug*

I'm working on my first island ever, yay! ^^ ...and it's turning out pretty big so I'd like to check it's not TOO big.. 'cause I just found out there's a maximum size for islands and got a little worried. Right now the island can be made smaller pretty easily, but for how long.. :S
So is saving the overview map the right way to check if my island fits the size limits? :D

Thanks if someone bothers helping :)
~Kirppu on the Meridian ocean~
Current avatar by Mangouste!
[Jun 15, 2009 11:14:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lcawte

Umm.. Is something supposed to happen when I click "save overview map"? Because nothing really happens.. Also, nothing happens when I click "display commodity object counts" or "save full scene".. *shrug*

I'm working on my first island ever, yay! ^^ ...and it's turning out pretty big so I'd like to check it's not TOO big.. 'cause I just found out there's a maximum size for islands and got a little worried. Right now the island can be made smaller pretty easily, but for how long.. :S
So is saving the overview map the right way to check if my island fits the size limits? :D

If you save the XML you can still change your island later, I suggest you double check the Tools folder and stuff but would you like to post some screenies or somthing to help us?
Lcawte All Oceans
[Jun 15, 2009 11:25:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.lewiscawte.me [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Saving the overview map (or full scene) does not generate any popup boxes or anything, which is somewhat frustrating, because sometimes it doesn't work, and you don't know until you look in the Tools folder to see if anything pops up.

Display commodity counts SHOULD come up with something, at least if you have commodities already placed. I don't know what it does if there aren't any.

But to answer your question, yes, the overview map is what is used to check island size.
[Jun 15, 2009 6:41:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lcawte

Display commodity counts SHOULD come up with something, at least if you have commodities already placed. I don't know what it does if there aren't any.

Hmm it never works for me either -.-
Lcawte All Oceans
[Jun 16, 2009 9:38:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.lewiscawte.me [Link]  Go to top 
Kirppu1

Thanks emerson :)

And yes, I do have some commodities placed.
~Kirppu on the Meridian ocean~
Current avatar by Mangouste!
[Jun 17, 2009 12:14:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meehearties

hi guys,

i have a problem with yohoho tools. i can't seem to delete an object once i place it. everytime i right click its brings up a dialog box which asks for a object action command and something about priority.

Can anyone help me please

Meehearties
Meehearties
Hunter Ocean
[Sep 27, 2009 5:12:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Be sure you are dragging the box entirely around the object you want to delete first then right click. Also make sure the crate without the question mark is selected as well.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Sep 28, 2009 8:47:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ymg93

i want to have a try at this island creating thing, but when i try to open the "scene editor" to create, it shows up in the new tab as- 403 forbidden on this server....???

pprkut on sage
[Dec 9, 2009 4:47:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lcawte

i want to have a try at this island creating thing, but when i try to open the "scene editor" to create, it shows up in the new tab as- 403 forbidden on this server....???

pprkut on sage

Scene Editor is a thing you download, it shouldnt open via the web browser (as far as I know)

Could you provide a link to where your clicking and getting this error?
Lcawte All Oceans
[Dec 21, 2009 5:41:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.lewiscawte.me [Link]  Go to top 
Assasin4

He means that the link to download the Scene editor is broken. I tried the link out and it sent me to a "Error 403 - Forbidden on this server". I went on the YPPedia, and found links which do work however.

Windows: http://download.threerings.net/yotools/tools-install.exe
Mac: http://download.threerings.net/yotools/tools-install.dmg
Linux: http://download.threerings.net/yotools/tools-install.bin

Maybe if the download links should be updated, that would help some people out. To the one who was having trouble, enjoy!

- Greivious

Greivious of Sage
Fleet Officer of Death Wish

Allicecut tells ye, "i had to be forceful last night when i had to put yout o bed"

[Dec 22, 2009 2:56:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oasis111

I've found how to open a file to insert a scene from the game into the scene editor. However, I cannot find the file it's in on the Scene Editor... I can find it on my normal computer search but I can only navigate (Using Windows Vista) to : C:\Users\USERNAME\ : And there is no file after that saying AppData ON THE SCENE EDITOR! But there is on the computer file search! Does anyone know what's wrong?
Antheanian forever, no matter what tries to stop me!

Apollo tells ye, "Where would be the fun giving a warning? That would spoil MY fun!"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by oasis111 at Jul 13, 2010 3:32:32 AM]
[Jul 11, 2010 6:40:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hullbreak

I've found how to open a file to insert a scene from the game into the scene editor. However, I cannot find the file it's in on the Scene Editor... I can find it on my normal computer search but I can only navigate (Using Windows Vista) to : C:\Users\USERNAME\ : And there is no file after that saying AppData ON THE SCENE EDITOR! But there is on the computer file search! Does anyone know what's wrong?

You can't open a scene from the game directly in yotools. You need to first convert them back to XML. Yppedia lists two programs for that, but it seems only scenehaul still works.
Have a laugh

Make your own comics
[Sep 9, 2010 9:30:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penguin186

When i click the link i have a 403 error... Why i don't have access to it?

EDIT: Sorry, i don't think sometimes... Assasin4 answered my question
I'm called Penguini on Sage.

Someone said PWNage!?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Penguin186 at Feb 9, 2011 5:10:14 AM]
[Feb 9, 2011 5:07:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Allyto

Hey i have one question. I wanna have the complete layout of rooms of a manor. What do i have to do to get the yohoho tools to open with the base layer according to the game??
Allyto of Emerald!!
[Oct 8, 2012 2:01:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
siouxdax

Okay, I've been thumbing through this forum, and do I understand correctly that there's no way to test my creation? No dummy pirate to direct/walk around my island to ensure that everything works correctly?

Really? If so, then what do I do, just make a pretty scene?
Daniel
In-Game: As Siouxdax on Lima Island, Jade Archipelago, Viridian Ocean.
My Y!PPedia User Page
[Apr 4, 2013 8:57:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://about.me/danielheadrick    siouxdax    692480404 [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 619   Pages: 21   [ First Page | Previous Page | 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates