• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 125
Posts: 125   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18908 times and has 124 replies Next Thread
stowaway1693

Re: Sheridyn

No fancying hacking software, just a password. Looking at the length of it, I wouldn't say it was guessed either.

Ok, I'm inclined to disagree with this statement based on a few things that are inconclusive from just that YouTube clip alone. (I remember reading this thread when the events first occurred, but confess to not re-reading more than the first few posts today)

1) The clip starts after she has already logged in, which could mean that she used a hacking or modding program to learn or re-create the password prior to the clip being recorded and once you know a password, you generally don't need to do anything except remember it (or change it).

2) The clip shows her deleting the pirates, but the accusations (from the first page at least) say that belongings were removed from those pirates before they were deleted - indicating there was a fairly substantial passage of time between the first log-in and the deletion.

That being said, it doesn't mean she didn't just get the password from the victim - it just means that it's difficult to draw any hard and fast conclusions based on that video alone.

Also, posting a YouTube video of "hacking" someone's account is just priceless stupidity.
----------------------------------------
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Nov 27, 2010 1:06:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

It's more embarrassing that it took us over a year to find. X_X
Sprngweather & Picory
[Nov 27, 2010 1:29:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Voidrix00

I saw it a long time ago and didn't think to do anything woopsie?
Voidrix (All oceans)
Captain of Unquenchable Fury and Prince of Universe A .
Owns the largest collection of Guys on Cerulean.
[Dec 3, 2010 11:50:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pj92

/Edit: 5 Years? Who were you before Yankeejr?

Yankee sr :P
[Jan 13, 2011 12:31:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

/Edit: 5 Years? Who were you before Yankeejr?

Yankee sr :P

Yankeesfan

Close enough, I guess.
[Jan 13, 2011 1:19:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 125   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates