• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 125
Posts: 125   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19684 times and has 124 replies Next Thread
sheridyn

Sheridyn

I have finally been banned, i'm sure alot of you are glad i have, but surprisingly it wasn't for hacking in swordfight or any other puzzle, it was simply for going onto another persons account, not my fault for someone giving away their account details. After 4 1/2 years on this game its about time i left anyway. Had good and bad times but this is my final goodbye, so for all those who ive befriended and others who i knew, Goodbye :)
----------------------------------------
--- Banned ----

Avatar done by the lovely Raquaetta
[Jun 15, 2009 9:41:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Re: Sheridyn

O hi, Goodbyes go here:

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=52256
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Jun 15, 2009 9:45:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bobie

Who are you?
Bendeall (Bo, if you know me)

Captain, Phoenicians. Related to teh BSBizzle.

Somewhat hostile, and not very helpful

http://boomytunes.serverroom.us:7660

Tune in, Rock out. Sometimes.
[Jun 15, 2009 11:16:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BobieLaptop [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

Would everyone like to know why sheridyn got banned? She somehow hacked my account, Stole all my poe and fams, and then she deleted my main characters.. Yankeejr on midnight and cobalt, and Livon on Midnight. Then she comes on an alt on cobalt saying someone hacked my account and gave her my ships.. yea right, But this is the reason sheridyn got banned. She is a well, Let's not get too mean, but yea.just wanted everyone to know the real reason she got banned :) But i finally got all my poe and they restored my pirates sheri, So nice try.
Yankeejr of Cerulean Ocean
[Jun 15, 2009 11:26:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

Oh yea, And no, I never gave you my account details you freaking liar, But i have no clue how you could just hack it, But i know it happens, since it has been done before.. Whatever, you got what you deserved loser.
[Jun 15, 2009 11:31:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
davsbrander

If it's within a certain time you might be able to get yer pirates back. They are sorta held in limbo for a short time after deletion in case you decide that deletion was silly

~Davs
Davsbrander
[Jun 15, 2009 11:35:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

If it's within a certain time you might be able to get yer pirates back. They are sorta held in limbo for a short time after deletion in case you decide that deletion was silly

~Davs

Aye, i got all of my characters back, with all of my poe, ships, and my familiars. Thank you Lelantos! So she got nothing out of this except the ban, So her doing this was pointless. All she did was waste an hour of my time and Lelantos's time, trying to sort all of this out.
[Jun 15, 2009 11:39:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mars

Who are you?

That sucks Yankee, glad you got it all back though! :)
Mars
(everywhere but Obsidian - stolen !)
[Jun 15, 2009 11:45:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
orchidiana

Aye, i got all of my characters back, with all of my poe, ships, and my familiars. Thank you Lelantos! So she got nothing out of this except the ban, So her doing this was pointless. All she did was waste an hour of my time and Lelantos's time, trying to sort all of this out.

fail.

Cruelty says, "stupid pills make me sleepy"
Madgick says, "get some clever ones then"
Cruelty says, "got any?"
Madgick says, "no I took an overdose, im a feckin jeenyus"

Orch
[Jun 15, 2009 12:06:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kraften

Oh yea, And no, I never gave you my account details you freaking liar, But i have no clue how you could just hack it, But i know it happens, since it has been done before.. Whatever, you got what you deserved loser.

No. It doesn't happen. There's more in that story than that, and we don't want to hear it, don't want to discuss it. The OM did his job.
Midnight Ocean - Kraften - The Aqua Rainbow.
[Jun 15, 2009 12:11:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

No. It doesn't happen. There's more in that story than that, and we don't want to hear it, don't want to discuss it. The OM did his job.

Um, Yea, stuff like that does just happen, There are computer hackers out there and there are some known ones in ypp, So thanks for your input But you don't know what you are talking about :)
[Jun 15, 2009 12:15:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julieanne

I have finally been banned, i'm sure alot of you are glad i have, but surprisingly it wasn't for hacking in swordfight or any other puzzle, it was simply for going onto another persons account, not my fault for someone giving away their account details. After 4 1/2 years on this game its about time i left anyway. Had good and bad times but this is my final goodbye, so for all those who ive befriended and others who i knew, Goodbye :)

It seems that by her own admission...she/he/it/whatever should have been banned a long time ago.

I may have not known ya..but I am NOT sorry to see you off...

Shoo ....you have been here entirely too long!

Firerose
Firerose

Flutie wrote:
Firerose would just have to raid my cookie jar then.
[Jun 15, 2009 12:55:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luvessy

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out whether that's an admission or just odd side comment, too.
Particularly since her team won Midnight's OCL, I think?

So is she saying that people have wrongly accused her or admitting it?

Banned good-byes are always so odd.
--Mistymate

(Avatar by Sancha.)
[Jun 15, 2009 12:58:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bobie

I maintain that it's highly unlikely that someone who would have the ability to grab your password by whatever means (keylogger, whatever else) is going to bother to break into your Y!PP account and take some ships or whatnot. Seems more likely you gave it to someone who may have passed it along, or you tried to get something you shouldn't and fell prey to a ZOGM FREE POES or some such nonsense. I'm sure you won't fess up to any of it, so it's a moot point.

Not impossible, people get bored - I just find it *very* hard to believe, and I'd be more concerned about what else is on my computer than my pirate's stuff.

[Jun 15, 2009 12:58:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BobieLaptop [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

Listen, I have hated sheridyn for 5 years my whole time playing ypp, I would never give her my password or anything nor have i gave anyone else my password, and oh wow she took a couple ships? No, she took all my ships, plus 13 mil poe and my fams.. So yea.
[Jun 15, 2009 1:01:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Searmin

I'm more likely to believe her than you, oddly. Pretty much the same reason as Bobie, one is more likely than the other.

I get the impression it was just a side comment, and the Midnight OCL point makes it seem more like it might have been a side comment in my head because it was quite possible that the people on her team were all getting "omg hacker"-type tells at some point during the OCL anyway.
Searmin

Conversations from the One Ring sloop:

Searmin says, "Okay, we're gonna sail this ship right into Mount Doom"
Dracina says," One does not simply sail into Mordor"

[Jun 15, 2009 1:14:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bobie

Sucks to be you? Congratulations on getting your stuff back AND having someone you hate get banned in one go? WOW OMG look at how rich and powerful you are? I don't know which you're looking for. Most of the people I've disliked (hate is a strong word for a video game) in my 5 years playing this game have quit or moved to a different ocean, and none of them have hacked my account. I don't even have a complex password.

Again, I know it's a moot point - I don't expect you to fess to anything - it's just *my opinion* that it's much more likely that you did something stupid that resulted in your password ending up with this person.

/Edit: 5 Years? Who were you before Yankeejr?

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Bobie at Jun 15, 2009 1:22:00 PM]
[Jun 15, 2009 1:18:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BobieLaptop [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

Well obviously you don't know sheridyn, And I was Yankeesfan before Yankeejr.
[Jun 15, 2009 1:25:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Searmin

I recognize her name, but don't really know her. That said, I don't know that I would particularly trust to learn what she was like based on your opinion of her, because not only do I think you have a particularly biased view of her, I also really don't trust you either, to be honest.
Searmin

[Jun 15, 2009 1:28:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

I'm sorry, But I am really not asking for anyone to trust me. For i did nothing wrong. :)
[Jun 15, 2009 1:35:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Searmin

I'm sorry, But I am really not asking for anyone to trust me. For i did nothing wrong. :)

It's a he-said she-said situation, and you keep on trying to convince us that you're right, which is asking us to trust you over her.
Searmin

[Jun 15, 2009 1:44:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bobie

The fact of the matter is, judging from responses (maybe a small sample, but all there is to go on) nobody particularly cares that this person is gone, and nobody REALLY cares why it happened. You did feel the need to interject and give your (potentially) skewed side of the story, which it seems people either don't believe or don't care about.

You went from GM/Leg Bilge, sails, guns and carp to Able/ Distinguished?? Not that I don't believe you, but did you forget how to puzzle?

I bid you good day, sir. Congratulations on getting all of your amazing stuff back.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Bobie at Jun 15, 2009 1:50:43 PM]
[Jun 15, 2009 1:49:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BobieLaptop [Link]  Go to top 
Bealotus

I know this is parley. but to me both Searmin and Bo (<3) are a bit harsh here.
I wasnt aware of this hacking of accounts until today. A flaggie told in fo that yet again had she got a notice that someone had tried to change her password information. I had no idea that things like that happend. But seems that some people have no shame. So my point just is, I dont think that you have to had shared your account info with someone to actually get your account hacked.
Oceanus says, "Genious, pure genious."
[Jun 15, 2009 1:50:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deborah

Again, I know it's a moot point - I don't expect you to fess to anything - it's just *my opinion* that it's much more likely that you did something stupid that resulted in your password ending up with this person.

I dunno, Bo ... Every couple of weeks I get an automated message in my email inbox from OOO saying (paraphrase) that someone tried to reset my password but it didn't work. Thing is, I've never tried to reset my password. The way I figure it, someone is trying to guess the password to the "Deborah" forum account to gain access to my y!pp goodies (because seriously, who gives a rip about a forum account? why would someone want to steal *that*?).

It's entirely possible, based on my experience with receiving multiple "your attempt to reset your password failed; please try again" emails over the past few months, that someone would know his login and eventually manage to guess (or find out in some other way) his actual password.

I don't know any specifics related to Yankeejr or Sheridyn, but based on my own experiences there are people who actually do enjoy wiping out someone's pirate and removing all the goodies (poe, ships, fams) to either sell or hoard or what-have-you. I don't understand the reasoning behind why anyone would do that, but it happens.

--m3
Hermes says, "At any rate, I'm afraid I'll have to cede to your blockade, ladies. Business calls."
Madmarymeade says, "I think this means Rexe-Mary 2, OMs 0?"
Hermes says, "We go down easily."
[Jun 15, 2009 1:53:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Armitron23

The fact of the matter is, judging from responses (maybe a small sample, but all there is to go on) nobody particularly cares that this person is gone, and nobody REALLY cares why it happened. You did feel the need to interject and give your (potentially) skewed side of the story, which it seems people either don't believe or don't care about.

You went from GM/Leg Bilge, sails, guns and carp to Able/ Distinguished?? Not that I don't believe you, but did you forget how to puzzle?

I bid you good day, sir. Congratulations on getting all of your amazing stuff back.

Well, Thanks for noticing the stats, But i killed all my stats and moved to an alt Name.. My other character is Livon On midnight ocean, But I moved over to cobalt full time now. Not that my stats really matter nor have anything to do with this whole situation.
[Jun 15, 2009 1:59:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bobie

Well, I'll trust my friends (<3), even if I've never experienced it myself, even with my basic password. I'm not saying people don't try, but guessing is usually pointless without some brute force dealie to kick out lots of combinations in a short period of time. The password reset function is great and all, but it still kicks an email out to you, not even the security question "WHAT'S YOUR DOGS NAME" to reset it. Someone would still have to have access to something else, which again would be my bigger concern than YPP. Still seems to me that the most likely thing is that info was disseminated through some other, seemingly innocent manner, but maybe not.

/Edit: not saying your stats have anything to do with the situation at all - more of a side note I was curious about is all.

/Edit2: Bea and 3M, you know I've never pretended to be anything but a bit harsh and unhelpful. My signature has had that one line for god knows how many years.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Bobie at Jun 15, 2009 2:20:15 PM]
[Jun 15, 2009 2:05:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BobieLaptop [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

OK, if that statement doesn't tell you right there that this individual is a complete numbnut, nothing else will. Similar statements might be...

"Well, I was wlaking down the street and saw this door ope so I went in and stole everything I could get my hands on, Not my fault."

or

"Well the knife was just lying there in the store and they didn't have it locked up, so I used it to hack up seevn people. Not my fault."

Gimme a break! Not yer fault. Was a bonehead! I don't care what they tell you, you have no right or license to go abuse someone's account. Ugh!
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Jun 15, 2009 2:14:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
Bobie

Gimme a break! Not yer fault. Was a bonehead! I don't care what they tell you, you have no right or license to go abuse someone's account. Ugh!

This I agree with - regardless of however account details were gained, I know it's against the TOS to share account info etc, so whether it was hacking or not really doesn't matter.

[Jun 15, 2009 2:16:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BobieLaptop [Link]  Go to top 
Bealotus

Bo I wouldnt want you to change. <3

And Yank you tart <3 I never knew Livon was you! :(
Oceanus says, "Genious, pure genious."
[Jun 15, 2009 2:27:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sheridyn

Yankee, You give your account to me then say you didn't, and i achieved what i wanted anyway ;] Funny how you think we "hacked" in OCL.
--- Banned ----

Avatar done by the lovely Raquaetta
[Jun 15, 2009 2:27:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 125   Pages: 5   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates