• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1561 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Deceptive

Mate Bait! A Poetry Event! Reply to this Post

Yarr mates! Are ye planning a scheme against yer mates? Planning to lock him behind a metal gate? This be yer chance to tell us about it, and the most cunning, backstabbing and fun idea will win some shiny booty!

Details:
This be a Poetry Event! What ye need to do is write a poem of how ye plan to stab yer buddy in the back, and what ye will get out of it! Will ye freeze yer mate in time and run away with his lover?? Set a crazy chimpanzee on him, and then sail his ships away? The choice is yours! The most creative entry will win this event, and the prizes which will go with it!

Rules:
- One entry per pirate. If ye enter more than one, all of yer entries, excluding the first one, will be disqualified.
- One Thousand Word Limit. It is large because I am looking for creativity! Exciting tales of tricks and traps!
- Must be poetry! What kind ye ask? Any kind! It can rhyme, it can be haiku, it can be free verse! Whatever shivers yer timbers!
- All entries must be posted in the entry thread.
- All entries must be posted before: <Add Date and Time here>

Prizes:

Prizes are unknown because I am looking for donations. All donations shall be used as a prize.

Why Do It:

Why? Because I haven't seen a fun, and possibly funny writing event out there in a while!

Donations needed:
Donations on ALL oceans will be helpful. I am guessing it will be doubloon ocean only, because I am guessing, most people who decide to do it, will only be some doubloons. If I do not get enough donations, everything that was donated will be returned. I would like all donations on my pirate: Bochet. Deceptive has been deleted, and don't ask me why you can still /w him, even though I deleted him, it doesn't make sense >_< And I will also like a couple judges to help me, well judge!

I welcome all feedback ^_^
----------------------------------------
I honestly don't care anymore.
[Jun 10, 2009 1:44:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Re: Mate Bait! A Poetry Event! Reply to this Post

Why Do It:

Why? Because I haven't seen a fun, and possibly funny writing event out there in a while!

:-P

------------------------------------

It's a cute idea for a poetry events, but you might consider a couple things.

I don't think you need to bother with a word limit. No one is going to write a poem more than 1000 words long anyway, so there's really no point.

Second, if you are totally dependant on donations to provide prizes, you might want to wait instead, and save up some PoE. Figure out what level of prizes you think would be appropriate to the event, and set that as your target. Getting some donations is great, but the bulk of the responsibility of providing prize shoudl be yours. (Admittedly, this is my personal view on the matter; I remember spending over 100k on my first event.)
----------------------------------------
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Jun 10, 2009 9:25:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates