• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1898 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Issaica

Team Free-for-All Reply to this Post

Here's a step by step layout of my event idea. Before I worked on a forum format, I was hoping to get some feedback on the idea in general.

1. Place ocean-wide tournaments - Varying types (SF, Drink, TD, Rumble)
Top 4 win card as invite to event

2. 32 winners total (no duplicate winners) 4 pirates (the top 4 from each of the aforementioned) are invited each of the 8 houses being used and asked to join a single Local Tournament (2 each of TD, Rumble. SF, Drink) to Determine a team membership.

3. 4 teams are made in the following fashion. 1st/4th and 2nd/3rd place from each tournament will be sent to seperate teams.
I.E.
TD tournaments:
Tournament 1 <------------------------------------------> Tournament 2
1st - Pirate A <------------------------------------------> 1st - Pirate E
2nd - Pirate B <------------------------------------------> 2nd - Pirate F
3rd - Pirate C <------------------------------------------> 3rd - Pirate G
4th - Pirate D <------------------------------------------> 4th - Pirate H
A and D go to Team 1, B and C go to team 2, E and H go to team 3, F and G go to team 4
(Arrows are just used for spacing)

4. Each team will be given one of 4 colored bandanas and each sent to one collective house.

5. Each team will do a Round Robin style competition for each puzzle type (SF, TD, Rumble, Drink), and each team will win tokens (an item to be kept hidden to prevent cheating) based on placement for use in the next part of the event.

6. After the Round Robin, each pirate will recieve their tokens and be whisked to a uninhabited isle. At this point, pirates will challenge each other to 1 vs 1 puzzles, with a token placed as a bet. At the end of (amount of time tbd), all pirates will be asked to finish their current challenge, and tokens for each team will be collected.
(Need ideas to enforce the acceptance of challenges)

7. The winning team will receive their prizes (based on support given to the event). The second place will also receive prizes of lower value, and the third and fourth place teams will receive consolation prizes.
Prizes will also be given to the 4 pirates that have won the most tokens by the end of the event.

Rules to be posted in all homes used to host the event.

Each team to have a seperate crew job them (preferably one run by each helper)

Helpers will be asked to use Vent or an IM to communicate any issues.

Those placing 5th-8th in the initial tournaments will be asked if they can stay for the duration, and if so added to a list of subs.

Time taken between receiving tokens and arrival at island will be monitered.

The island will be monitered for pirates leaving. Leaving will result in DQ for the individual.

1st place team 10k + an item (Furniture item planned, but will ask OMs for ribbons once the event is finalized)
2nd place team gets between 2k-5k
3rd place team will get starfish consolation prizes
4th place team will get sand dollar consolation prizes.

Recognition for idea base given to Stevensam (Cobalt) and Tilinka (Sage)
----------------------------------------
Mathieujg - Ice
Mathieujg - Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Issaica at Jun 8, 2009 12:55:24 AM]
[Jun 8, 2009 12:54:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dougerarg

Re: Team Free-for-All Reply to this Post

I like the idea, however it does seem a bit complicated. I think if you want to achieve the most success possible, you'll need some larger prizes. I certainly think it is an event layout deserving of that.
Scervy of Hunter
Omnis on Sage

Retired YPP player. Miss all my old pals from long ago
[Jun 8, 2009 3:39:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Issaica

I like the idea, however it does seem a bit complicated. I think if you want to achieve the most success possible, you'll need some larger prizes. I certainly think it is an event layout deserving of that.

Regarding this, how much larger would you suggest? It's a single ocean, one day event.
Mathieujg - Ice
Mathieujg - Cobalt
[Jun 8, 2009 8:18:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dougerarg

Regarding this, how much larger would you suggest? It's a single ocean, one day event.

For a first time test, I'd go with a 75k payout
Scervy of Hunter
Omnis on Sage

Retired YPP player. Miss all my old pals from long ago
[Jun 9, 2009 4:55:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Issaica

For a first time test, I'd go with a 75k payout

I'm not sure I understand.

IF ye mean total, then it's above that. The prizes listed for the teams are per person.
Mathieujg - Ice
Mathieujg - Cobalt
[Jun 9, 2009 6:07:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates