• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2404 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
SirCarl67

Forage Competition Reply to this Post

I am thinking of having a forage competition for which speed is important but I do not people to use alts who will only get low value fruit.

The event will go something like this:

I will put a forage offer up on the board with very low pay to discourage people boarding without realising it is an event, there will be a window of about 15 minutes while participents board the ship, they must not forage during this time. Participents should have a full day of labour available on their character.

I will then sto accepting jobbers and raise the pay to a level that will cover badge costs for participents who do not win. (probably 12/12/12/12)

After a brief explanation of the rules (including a request for no chat) I will give the order to go at which point everyone forages as fast as they can (CI style).

After about 15 minutes (or when everyone has stopped foraging if sooner) I will anounce the foraging is over.

I have created a spreadsheet that can calculate what was foraged and how long they took. I will load my chatlog onto this and score each participent using a formla along the line of:

+10 points for each low value fruit foraged
+13 points for each high value fruit foraged
+20 points for each gem/gold foraged
-1 point for every 5 seconds taken

The points for all items are high to give a heavy penalty for dismissing if a chest gets stuck (1 min 40 sec) Does seem to be about the right level.

In effect I am saying it is expected that a 2*2 chest will take 15 seconds longer to clear than a 1*1 and a 3*3 chest 50 sec longer. Does that sound about right?

I am thinking of including the gold nuggets plundered as part of the first prize so the more participents the greater the prize many many gold would decent foragers expect to get as a % of crates foraged?

Is there anything I have missed?
----------------------------------------
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Jun 4, 2009 2:05:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Re: Forage Competition Reply to this Post

Bump

Does no response mean it is perfect as is and I should go to tips and tricks to get the percentage of crates that are gold or that noone would be interested in such an event?
[Jun 8, 2009 3:53:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shirato

Heya - Sounds like an interesting event, but you mention -1 point per 5 seconds, some people have less stars than others on the foraged and will use a shorter time, but can still get high value fruit (not sure if lower than renowned can get gold or gems?)

But I like it, I'd join for the fun of it ^^
Finnigan Yppedia Profile
Finnigan on Viridian
[Jun 11, 2009 11:49:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Heya - Sounds like an interesting event, but you mention -1 point per 5 seconds, some people have less stars than others on the foraged and will use a shorter time, but can still get high value fruit (not sure if lower than renowned can get gold or gems?)

But I like it, I'd join for the fun of it ^^

People with less stars will have mroe screens to empty as each star is one crate everyone will have to clear 24 crates (or face a hefty penalty of at least 10 points).

What I am trying to do with the scoring is make thinks like a CI forage where clearing fast in the objective but 3*2 chests are good

Deter people from entering with able alts who will only get small (and possibly a few medium) chests, though not making premium for large chests such that that the competition is a matter of luck at to who gets the most large chests.

Do people think that the balance is about right?
[Jun 12, 2009 5:38:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smartjenny

I think thats about right.
It sounds like a good idea.
Pepperminty
SO of Serenity on Cobalt

Freak wrote: Welcome to cobalt! we all love each other. We all hate each others guts.

[Jun 15, 2009 3:11:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ecrvtbyn

Very good idea, I'm interested in this event ;)

-Ecrvtbyn-
Ecrvtbyn on the Viridian ocean.
[Jun 28, 2009 5:01:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.youtube.com/user/ecrvtbyn    ons_disorder34    Don't have    Nah, don't have [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates