• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1248 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
BBobman404

make it work on macs, please. Reply to this Post

This program has a lot of trouble running on OSX. Like, for example, they don't give us the newest versions of java and crap. So it'd be cool if you could work on making it mac compatible. I can play it, but it lags and is ridiculously choppy. So, yeah. . . thanks.
----------------------------------------
yarrr I be Blackbelt Bobman from 404
http://forums.filenotfound.com
[Aug 8, 2003 2:55:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    DeKaRzOmBiE12 [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Re: make it work on macs, please. Reply to this Post

Well, while that's real insightful and all, you should have done two things before posting:

1) Read the support FAQ.

2) Read the text on the page you downloaded the game from.

Both of them cover the Mac issue.
[Aug 8, 2003 3:22:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
JediPwnces

Sure, the issue is covered.... but it isn't any less frustrating for the more impatient Mac-user community. :(
Aspasia, Humble Captain of The Muffineers

'A one that is not cold is scarcely a one at all'
[Aug 20, 2003 2:02:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.kidsononline.com/~holly    JediPwnces [Link]  Go to top 
BBobman404

JediPwnces wrote: 
Sure, the issue is covered.... but it isn't any less frustrating for the more impatient Mac-user community. :(

indeed. . . I read that they're working on it, which is awesome, but I'd like to know how far they are if anyone knows. . .
[Aug 22, 2003 4:31:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    DeKaRzOmBiE12 [Link]  Go to top 
pigeon

BBobman404 wrote: 
JediPwnces wrote: 

indeed. . . I read that they're working on it, which is awesome, but I'd like to know how far they are if anyone knows. . .

this issue has been addressed enough times already. to be quite straightforward: the problem isn't with the Ringers. the problem is with the OS X implementation of Java. when Apple gets with the standards, the problem will magically disappear. until then, email Apple. don't post here.

--p
--p

SOYLENT PIRATE IS WHIRLIGIGS
[Aug 22, 2003 9:50:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BBobman404

pigeon wrote: 

this issue has been addressed enough times already. to be quite straightforward: the problem isn't with the Ringers. the problem is with the OS X implementation of Java. when Apple gets with the standards, the problem will magically disappear. until then, email Apple. don't post here.

--p

shh quiet with your logic >_> it's not Apple's fault, it's Java's for not being up to par on the appl esoftware. Or whoever makes Java. I think the newest beta works on the Mac version of Java though, I'm not sure, I'm on codeine right now so yeah. . .
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    DeKaRzOmBiE12 [Link]  Go to top 
pigeon

BBobman404 wrote: 
it's not Apple's fault, it's Java's for not being up to par on the appl esoftware.

Java on OS X is handled by Apple, I'm pretty sure (check out mic). they've gone to a lot of trouble to make it work decently well while adhering to Apple's HI guidelines, but they've some ways to go yet.

--p
--p

SOYLENT PIRATE IS WHIRLIGIGS
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BBobman404

pigeon wrote: 
BBobman404 wrote: 
it's not Apple's fault, it's Java's for not being up to par on the appl esoftware.

Java on OS X is handled by Apple, I'm pretty sure (check out mic). they've gone to a lot of trouble to make it work decently well while adhering to Apple's HI guidelines, but they've some ways to go yet.

--p

I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean that java is made by apple. . . unless. . . no wait, it doesn't lol.
[Aug 24, 2003 2:30:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    DeKaRzOmBiE12 [Link]  Go to top 
Splizwarf

BBobman404 wrote: 
I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean that java is made by apple. . . unless. . . no wait, it doesn't lol.

Um... Does that mean ye think Internet Explorer for Mac is made by Microsoft?
Retired founding member of Radical Dreamers (Azure, then Midnight).
Actively carving a terrifying steam-powered empire with Sea of Fire (Cobalt).
[Aug 24, 2003 11:46:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates