• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1709 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
cujosuzie

Event feedback Reply to this Post

I will probably not run this event for a while due to lack of funds for prizes but I thought I would get some feedback right now.

I was thinking of a creativity event but with a little twist. Instead of all the big pirates drawing or making a craft they could have there little pirates do it for them. I know we can't enforce the rule that it must be a child's drawing/craft but I thought it might be a fun change.

Just a few idea's:

-Pirates have there children ages 5 and under draw them a picture to enter.

-Prizes would be for the pirate but it's fun for the little ones and it would be nice to see some of there young talent.

-Prizes wouldn't be huge but possibly 1st prize a Cutter and a medal, 2nd a sloop and a medal, and 3rd a just a medal.

Any questions or comments or things you think I should add?

Thanks,
Creations
----------------------------------------
Creations
[May 23, 2009 9:58:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
madzack2918

Re: Event feedback Reply to this Post

I know we can't enforce the rule that it must be a child's drawing/craft but I thought it might be a fun change.

Sure you can! Make people post several pictures of their child's drawing or craft.

Overall, I think it's a very nice event idea. Good luck with running it.
Omegaking of Obsidian

Antix says, "Jesus was technically buried in a rock trap, and he came out alive. So I think it's a sign you have to rock trap."
Geologist says, "Wait, you're comparing Kory to Jesus?"

[May 23, 2009 10:15:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cujosuzie

Thanks for the suggestion I think that would work :)
Creations
[May 23, 2009 10:20:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
madzack2918

I worded that a little funny. What I was trying to say was have people post several pictures of their child drawing the picture or creating that craft.
Omegaking of Obsidian

Antix says, "Jesus was technically buried in a rock trap, and he came out alive. So I think it's a sign you have to rock trap."
Geologist says, "Wait, you're comparing Kory to Jesus?"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by madzack2918 at May 23, 2009 11:07:43 AM]
[May 23, 2009 11:07:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

I worded that a little funny. What I was trying to say was have people post several pictures of their child drawing the picture or creating that craft.

For some reason, I didnt even notice anything was wrong, until I read it again. O.o
I honestly don't care anymore.
[May 23, 2009 12:46:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

I have trouble seeing this as a real Y!PP event. Only young children can create entries, yet according to the TOS, none of them can actually play the game. And prizes are being awarded not to the creators of the winning entries, but their parents/relatives/whatever. One of the things I always consider when giving feedback on an event idea is how open the idea is to a large number of players. In this case, no one who plays the game is really eligible to participate.

If you want to run an event that encourages participation from children, that's great. I love it when people post in some of the craft events that they had their children's help working on the project and how much fun everyone had. Maybe consider something that has a player and a little one working together?
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[May 23, 2009 2:23:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
cujosuzie

I have trouble seeing this as a real Y!PP event. Only young children can create entries, yet according to the TOS, none of them can actually play the game. And prizes are being awarded not to the creators of the winning entries, but their parents/relatives/whatever. One of the things I always consider when giving feedback on an event idea is how open the idea is to a large number of players. In this case, no one who plays the game is really eligible to participate.

If you want to run an event that encourages participation from children, that's great. I love it when people post in some of the craft events that they had their children's help working on the project and how much fun everyone had. Maybe consider something that has a player and a little one working together?

Ok I never really thought of that I'll think of ways to possibly revise my event. Thanks everyone for the feedback!
Creations
[May 23, 2009 2:37:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates