• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1539 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
tonko123

YPP's got talent!!! Reply to this Post

The idea so far. It's basicly for everyone that is not Ultimate Swordfighter or Van Gogh. Basicly what I'm aiming for is a tournament where people can win a familiar(asking OM about this as we speak) without having to be awesome at one thing but all round ok. I'm thinking of having multiple tasks eg. sailiing competiton with a point basis, a sf competition where the further you get the more points you get, and in the end the person with the most points wins the familiar also I'm thinking of having a prize for each event.

Please help by giving me suggestions.
[May 17, 2009 12:23:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
madzack2918

Re: YPP's got talent!!! Reply to this Post

You should start by reading this thread. It offers excellent advice for new event runners. Ask Uncle Apollo is another great thread for event advice.

Basicly what I'm aiming for is a tournament where people can win a familiar(asking OM about this as we speak) without having to be awesome at one thing but all round ok.

Apollo Wrote:
If this is your first supported event, no matter how brilliant the event is, we're not going to give you a familiar or a pile of rare furniture. The most likely prizes for a first-time event runner are along the lines of common trinkets or standard renames for ships you are providing as prizes.

----------------------------------------
Omegaking of Obsidian

Antix says, "Jesus was technically buried in a rock trap, and he came out alive. So I think it's a sign you have to rock trap."
Geologist says, "Wait, you're comparing Kory to Jesus?"

[May 17, 2009 12:55:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Re: YPP's got talent!!! Reply to this Post

The competitions have had many events (often with familiars) with the winner being based on best overall performance.

The final event in the olympics for example had a familiar for the best overall performance in everyone of the duty and crafting puzzles.

If you are planning on entering however expect to need an incredible in each event to have a chance of winning.
----------------------------------------
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[May 17, 2009 5:27:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates