• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1872
Posts: 1872   Pages: 63   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 410448 times and has 1871 replies Next Thread
ikketje

Re: Monthly Familiar Puzzle Competitions Reply to this Post

Concerning Tianx and the last rigging competition on Viridian, trying to reply to all of the above.

Yes, I too was disturbed a bit by the fact that the Viridian competition was set off at the wrong time, but I hold no hard feelings towards Tianx (and since I was the runner up, I think I'm in a good spot to say that, but thx for the support all of you who would have loved to see me win my first familiar).

Yes, Tianx won the first competition on Midnight (blue octo) ánd he is #1 ult rigger there ever since a few days after the #1 trophy has been released.

No, Tianx is not selling the Viridian familiar and will not in the future (which is a comforting thought to me, somehow). Is it pointless then for him winning it, while he ain't home to this ocean? Maybe, but that's his choice.

Let's just drop it, it's in the past. Tianx pulled a massive awesome combo, he was the best, he won.

(But plz, OOO, don't screw over the Viridianites no more with booching the set ups for competitions :))
----------------------------------------
Ikke on Meridian and Emerald
Veerle on Cerulean

~Avatar by Velternal
[Jun 2, 2009 2:29:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

There always seems to be an implication that if a tournament or competition set-up goes awry, we've done it to "screw over" an ocean, or to annoy the players, or that we have chosen for it to happen. We'd like it if everything was perfect all the time, but glitches and errors do happen, and we always do the best we can to make up for them. Running the competition at a slightly different time seems a better solution to me that not running it at all, which is the only alternative in the absence of a functional time machine.
[Jun 2, 2009 2:48:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
shipperthree

which is the only alternative in the absence of a functional time machine.

Where's Doctor Who when you need him?
[Jun 2, 2009 3:35:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Exactly! Captain Who and his faithful assistant Pillaga...
[Jun 2, 2009 3:39:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
joris

There always seems to be an implication that if a tournament or competition set-up goes awry, we've done it to "screw over" an ocean, or to annoy the players, or that we have chosen for it to happen. We'd like it if everything was perfect all the time, but glitches and errors do happen, and we always do the best we can to make up for them. Running the competition at a slightly different time seems a better solution to me that not running it at all, which is the only alternative in the absence of a functional time machine.

I don't know anyone so far that is angry at OOO for what was clearly an accident. We just *wish* that it could have been corrected. OOO's policy is to maintain secrecy of most game mechanics, so we can only wonder what kind of task it would be to move the tournament up an hour from the "sheduled time". Please don't take our wish the wrong way :-)

We don't hold hard feelings, no worries.

Tianx did pull off an awesome combo. I respect him for that.
Belgica
Teh Poke faktor candidate 07/07
[Jun 2, 2009 6:03:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

Any word on when the June competitions will be posted?
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

http://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Jun 2, 2009 8:37:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wolfflower

every1 just talk about those alts and such but no1 ever mention wats was and still going on hunter for the last half yr ....can say that winner for the last 15 comps except craftings is 1 person and funniest is that person isnt even ult and if he is he isnt even in the top 20 i watched the 1st rigging and he won so i decided to wait till the other 2 passes maybe a miracle can at last happen on hunter but it didnt so i came here maybe all u expert forum tarts and ppl playing for 5 yrs can explain it somehow or someway : rigging was only launched only like 3 weeks ago if i remember well sooo not many ppl know its secrets and to tell that som1 is really very good at the puzzle he/she must b in the top 20 at least ??!! so how come that the 1 person who won all last competitions now win the last 3rigging comps on hunter when he isnt that high in list ,how can he find a way to beat all the high incs when he is barely capable to beat some ppl on the duty reports on pilages or smh ...... i think that more than 75% of hunter population is annoyed of this and many tried to talk with OMs about this but all got negative answers so maybe asking the gr8 forum tarts about wat they think :)

P.S: am not english myself so if there s somthg writed wrong dont blame me :D

I understand how you feel about this person, and all of Hunter knows exactly who ;)

Wolflily
on Hunter.
Empanado made my avatar.

Savvy?
[Jun 2, 2009 9:50:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Distructible

every1 just talk about those alts and such but no1 ever mention wats was and still going on hunter for the last half yr ....can say that winner for the last 15 comps except craftings is 1 person and funniest is that person isnt even ult and if he is he isnt even in the top 20 i watched the 1st rigging and he won so i decided to wait till the other 2 passes maybe a miracle can at last happen on hunter but it didnt so i came here maybe all u expert forum tarts and ppl playing for 5 yrs can explain it somehow or someway : rigging was only launched only like 3 weeks ago if i remember well sooo not many ppl know its secrets and to tell that som1 is really very good at the puzzle he/she must b in the top 20 at least ??!! so how come that the 1 person who won all last competitions now win the last 3rigging comps on hunter when he isnt that high in list ,how can he find a way to beat all the high incs when he is barely capable to beat some ppl on the duty reports on pilages or smh ...... i think that more than 75% of hunter population is annoyed of this and many tried to talk with OMs about this but all got negative answers so maybe asking the gr8 forum tarts about wat they think :)

Yah, too many alts won competitions on Hunter. Only one person win the piracys puzzles and now alts win crafting puzzles too. I'm impresed how that person can win all competitions + she is top in 2 mins after start puzzle.
Masters on Emerald.
[Jun 3, 2009 12:07:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tzutzu9

only 75% ... i think about 90% of hunter population is annoyed ... how can you join the competition after 2-3 mins after it started and win it ??
TzuTzu on Hunter and Mala Ocean
[Jun 3, 2009 8:14:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rincewindy

only 75% ... i think about 90% of hunter population is annoyed ... how can you join the competition after 2-3 mins after it started and win it ??

While I did not take part in these competitions due to timing, I won one of the minor competitions about a week ago on hunter and I believe that my winning incred would have been the 2nd or 3rd LP, rigging I find is much easier to get sparkly then maintain sparkly and once youve eliminated the startup league and hit the first at full sparkly then you have 3-4 LP's max to try and achieve your best Incred, after that the board starts getting jumbled and you normally require a few small clears to get it back into a workable shape. This is all my personal belief but so far its worked for me.
Currently utilising /forummute on a number of players, if you cant get my attention then your probably one of said players.
[Jun 3, 2009 8:35:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tzutzu9

While I did not take part in these competitions due to timing, I won one of the minor competitions about a week ago on hunter and I believe that my winning incred would have been the 2nd or 3rd LP, rigging I find is much easier to get sparkly then maintain sparkly and once youve eliminated the startup league and hit the first at full sparkly then you have 3-4 LP's max to try and achieve your best Incred, after that the board starts getting jumbled and you normally require a few small clears to get it back into a workable shape. This is all my personal belief but so far its worked for me.

not only for rigg .... she wons all competions and she started to puzzle after 2 3 mins after comp started :P
TzuTzu on Hunter and Mala Ocean
[Jun 3, 2009 8:39:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arabica

saying who doesnt mean much coz all wat i wanted to know is wat ppl from other oceans think ...and well and at same time i wanted to ask OM to stop making any fam comps on hunter coz no point from them and no challenge as every1 knows already who s gonna win ....
Aranub
coming in second place in a competition IS a "failure".
[Jun 3, 2009 9:19:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ppplushies

For competitions, you need to get the highest incred at a league point, period. In order to get #1 ranking, you need to have the highest sessions possible. This is why it's possible for even Legendary people to win competitions, because it's based on the highest incred, not the best session.
Kadazzle
[Jun 3, 2009 2:21:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

June competitions have been posted and you'll notice this month has been bookended by Shipwrightery competitions for your ship building pleasure. Good luck!
[Jun 3, 2009 10:09:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Canine96

saying who doesnt mean much coz all wat i wanted to know is wat ppl from other oceans think ...and well and at same time i wanted to ask OM to stop making any fam comps on hunter coz no point from them and no challenge as every1 knows already who s gonna win ....

Well for now ill stop even trying, since on Hunter its a waste of time trying to win these events.

Maybe when theres a bilge tournament ill give it a try, only puzzle i have a decent chance at.

Anyway thanks for this list, nice to know what events are up and happening, But there really is no point in it on Hunter, OM's dont help much either, Just smile while the Alts take everything...

Ciao ciao ^^

Tribe
[Jun 4, 2009 8:03:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forumyoke

Just smile while the Alts take everything...

Alts don't take everything, Duchess does! Besides i have a masterplan to stop her this time :o
Yoke Hunter, Viri n Middy

Simy Sage ;)
[Jun 4, 2009 8:16:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

June competitions have been posted and you'll notice this month has been bookended by Shipwrightery competitions for your ship building pleasure. Good luck!

Woot! Thanks Prometheus
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Jun 4, 2009 8:22:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
shipperthree

Just smile while the Alts take everything...

Alts don't take everything, Duchess does! Besides i have a masterplan to stop her this time :o

I might play hunter instead this time, just do give this Duchess lass a run for her money.
[Jun 4, 2009 8:32:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forumyoke

That was my masterplan :(
Yoke Hunter, Viri n Middy

Simy Sage ;)
[Jun 4, 2009 8:43:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arabica

u can both try , i ll allow u to, i wont beleive it if u do tho but well i ll b cheering for ya unless am the 1 who gonna get the prize RAWR !
Aranub
[Jun 5, 2009 1:05:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arabica

For competitions, you need to get the highest incred at a league point, period. In order to get #1 ranking, you need to have the highest sessions possible. This is why it's possible for even Legendary people to win competitions, because it's based on the highest incred, not the best session.

wat i meant from #1 ranking is the person knows how to get the real high inc and everytime a comp starts those ppl must b at least in top 20 and yah even a leg can win comps that s totally fair but i mean that the person winning is ALWAYS the same wich mean he can control the duty report perfectly so if he can do that then he must b able to get ults and #1s very easy .
Aranub
[Jun 5, 2009 2:25:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharuka

wat i meant from #1 ranking is the person knows how to get the real high inc and everytime a comp starts those ppl must b at least in top 20 and yah even a leg can win comps that s totally fair but i mean that the person winning is ALWAYS the same wich mean he can control the duty report perfectly so if he can do that then he must b able to get ults and #1s very easy .

Myth and not always true!
I've been #1 bilge on Midnight for many months and know for sure people can score higher incredibles than me.

Edit: Hooray for breaking the quote box. :P
Folie Circulaire presents: Midnight Memmathon Madness!
Springheel wrote: 
Do you stroke little Ghandi?

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sharuka at Jun 5, 2009 4:24:27 PM]
[Jun 5, 2009 4:23:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captitain

Booo. I'm gonna miss the sailing comp because I'll be on vacation then. :(
Amyxlala
[Jun 5, 2009 5:29:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

Date: Wednesday, June 24th
Time: 9:00 PM
Puzzle: Navigation
Familiar: Rose/White Parrot

I may be wrong, but wasn't the last dnav competition familiar exactly the same (if not, then white/rose, which is about the same thing :P)? Not that it's important. Just curious as to whether it was a weird coincidence or not.
Minsiem, Like A Fox
Nimbelina, Any Minute Now

I believe in a Higher Purple!

Erfan flag officer chats, "let's cade a popular forage island"

[Jun 6, 2009 1:19:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Terrify

Oohmg i want that maroon octopus ^^
Terrify, Hunter Ocean.

[Jun 6, 2009 1:25:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ShoyuLite

I may be wrong, but wasn't the last dnav competition familiar exactly the same (if not, then white/rose, which is about the same thing :P)? Not that it's important. Just curious as to whether it was a weird coincidence or not.

It was rose body with white head/tips, maybe this one will have the colors switched? Either way the parrots are recolorable, unlike the serpents that were awarded >.>
Soulchild on Malachite + Viridian = Meridian

Seriously, unicorns and dragons? How's a pirate monkey going to compete with the Wizarding World of Puzzle Pirates Mages?
[Jun 6, 2009 1:39:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
basso

It was rose body with white head/tips, maybe this one will have the colors switched? Either way the parrots are recolorable, unlike the serpents that were awarded >.>

It was actually a white/pink parrot last time, but I did chuckle when I saw a similar parrot for this month. I seem to be cursed with parrots. I'll also agree how ridiculous it was that in a month where a colored familiar was awarded each day for a competition, 2 of them randomly were awarded serpents, that are not re-colorable, and are now being given out in better colors randomly in CI. Here is the old link, for anyone who cares: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=118672

Overall though, yay for more competitions.
Montage of Sage
Mads wrote: 
OK, now I'm convinced. The problem here is that you cannot understand plain English.

[Jun 6, 2009 1:55:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ShoyuLite

It was actually a white/pink parrot last time, but I did chuckle when I saw a similar parrot for this month. I seem to be cursed with parrots. I'll also agree how ridiculous it was that in a month where a colored familiar was awarded each day for a competition, 2 of them randomly were awarded serpents, that are not re-colorable, and are now being given out in better colors randomly in CI. Here is the old link, for anyone who cares: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=118672

Overall though, yay for more competitions.

Hmm, you're right. I didn't bother looking at the original post, just looking at the portrait I took with it. I was wearing pink and the parrot looks a fair bit lighter.
Soulchild on Malachite + Viridian = Meridian

Seriously, unicorns and dragons? How's a pirate monkey going to compete with the Wizarding World of Puzzle Pirates Mages?
[Jun 6, 2009 4:14:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cheshire2u

The dnav parrot was white/rose because it was one of the comps that failed to go off as planned and Galene made them by hand and put up her favourite colors. They never posted what the actual color was supposed to be on the list that was being updated every few days with prizes.
Collecting standard Catfish sloops poke me if ye have one to sell please!

Looking for me? I be Cheshi of the Midnight Cerulean ocean.
[Jun 7, 2009 1:59:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SaviourS

I doubt the color will be too much of a problem to whoever wins it, I know it wouldn't bother me :)
Saviour, Meridian
[Jun 7, 2009 3:11:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1872   Pages: 63   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates