• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1872
Posts: 1872   Pages: 63   [ First Page | Previous Page | 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 410320 times and has 1871 replies Next Thread
Phaerie2

Re: Monthly Familiar Puzzle Competitions Reply to this Post

i wouldn't call an actual fix not being able to get incred. more just make it so the inc couldn't be as high as on a main. and i guess we'll see if it's been fixed on new years

Lawlcrackers I don't know if you play exclusively Sage, but my main beat you and my alt beat my main. And the top 4 were novice alts. They even beat Delores. So, NO weaving has not been fixed. And I call bloody murder because the incred I scored with my main was definitely one of the higher scores on a main.

I thought this was a real, fair chance for me to finally have a shot at winning a Fam so I stayed up to play (it was 5am for me). I threw my hat in and gave up when I checked the leaderboard for Weaving on Midnight......

Category Winner was a novice/able across the board on all puzzle stats and won the category with Novice/Proficient
Second place: as above
Third place : Ditto
Fourth place: Ditto again
----------------------------------------
Phaerie, Obsidian
[Jan 1, 2011 9:59:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mezzzo

Mouse breaking down during gunning FTL

Suuure
Mezzo :D

Hanging out...
Avy by Masters!
[Jan 1, 2011 10:27:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lawlcrackers

i wouldn't call an actual fix not being able to get incred. more just make it so the inc couldn't be as high as on a main. and i guess we'll see if it's been fixed on new years

Lawlcrackers I don't know if you play exclusively Sage, but my main beat you and my alt beat my main. And the top 4 were novice alts. They even beat Delores. So, NO weaving has not been fixed. And I call bloody murder because the incred I scored with my main was definitely one of the higher scores on a main.

I play exclusively on Hunter for the most part. and just because you called me out on my score means i'll have to go get #1 on sage now. I obtained #1 weaving about a month after the trophy came out, and once obtained, i have only not been #1 to this date for about 10 days. The only people to pass me on the list were dahlgren, nickbush, chompie, and load (only because i went dormant for a day).

Yes, i do now realize the bug wasn't fixed, and i think it's about time for the OMs to fix it. Just to avoid any forum tarting, i do admit to using alts, and i am not mad at anyone for doing so. after all, it's better to have a chance at winning than to have none. my raging is more directed at the OMs for not fixing this bug after weaving has been out for so long. So to the OMs: make everyone happier by fixing the weaving scoring on alts :)
Lawlcrackers shot the moon, giving everyone else 26 points!
Game over. Winner: Lawlcrackers.
Imrans wins 143478 pieces of eight.
Shivaker wins 6521 pieces of eight.
Lawlcrackers wins 450001 pieces of eight.
[Jan 1, 2011 11:45:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

The board that placed me second in distilling was a CC14. And I was one spawn short of a CC15. ;_;
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Jan 1, 2011 2:16:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

Imp won the 3rd category in Overall!

Bah, sad now that I didn't have time to do my bad puzzles more than once >_<
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[Jan 1, 2011 3:39:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mineowyn

I play exclusively on Hunter for the most part. and just because you called me out on my score means i'll have to go get #1 on sage now. I obtained #1 weaving about a month after the trophy came out, and once obtained, i have only not been #1 to this date for about 10 days. The only people to pass me on the list were dahlgren, nickbush, chompie, and load (only because i went dormant for a day).

Yes, i do now realize the bug wasn't fixed, and i think it's about time for the OMs to fix it. Just to avoid any forum tarting, i do admit to using alts, and i am not mad at anyone for doing so. after all, it's better to have a chance at winning than to have none. my raging is more directed at the OMs for not fixing this bug after weaving has been out for so long. So to the OMs: make everyone happier by fixing the weaving scoring on alts :)

Err not saying you have to get #1 on Sage. Just proving that an alt can beat mains with triples.

I admit there are better weavers than me out there, but I would not mind as much as long as they used their mains (who are not novice/ables) to compete. And I do mind about rankings even if I'm not the top 4, because alts distort the true rankings of all players on that ocean. IMO Delores should have taken #1.

Also, the fact that this exploit exists encourages people who normally would not play on Sage (or any other ocean) to create dummy characters to get familiars on that ocean and transfer it over to their home ocean. :/ Not saying people can't do this, just that if they choose to do so, they should not be given an added advantage for using a novice/able. If this exploit was taken out, it'd make it a more fair competition for all.
Olwyn of Sage

Fleet Officer in The Titans
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mineowyn at Jan 1, 2011 5:59:12 PM]
[Jan 1, 2011 5:58:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
warp11

From my point of view, it seems like you don't understanding weaving scoring. Combo's are secondary, the main objective is to clear large groups.

However, I probably missed out on something in the discussion, seeing how I didn't follow it all that much.
Dahl "I have higher moral standards" gren
[Jan 3, 2011 7:23:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mineowyn

From my point of view, it seems like you don't understanding weaving scoring. Combo's are secondary, the main objective is to clear large groups.

However, I probably missed out on something in the discussion, seeing how I didn't follow it all that much.

Really? But combos are still important. I know Unbeweavables and Looming Large adds substantially to your score, but I've not actually gone and calculated how much these affect the scoring compared to combos.
Olwyn of Sage

Fleet Officer in The Titans
[Jan 4, 2011 7:10:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lawlcrackers

dahlgren is completely right. if you are trying to build anything higher than a bingo in weaving, you fail. a bingo is even stretching it half the time. i actually have a video posted where i managed to get inc weaving with only doubles or singles. that just shows how little the combo effects the game.

the only hard part about weaving is lucking the right colors when your build gets high enough. that tends to screw me over since my luck is terrible
Lawlcrackers shot the moon, giving everyone else 26 points!
Game over. Winner: Lawlcrackers.
Imrans wins 143478 pieces of eight.
Shivaker wins 6521 pieces of eight.
Lawlcrackers wins 450001 pieces of eight.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by lawlcrackers at Jan 4, 2011 8:27:30 PM]
[Jan 4, 2011 8:26:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
henryrules10

My experience is that it's the breadth of a clear, not the depth, that matters. I.e., if you get a Vegas wherein you only clear one group of 4 per clear, that's probably about as good as scoring a triple where you clear like 5 groups on each step of the chain, especially if you score an Unbeweavable on any of the steps (and an Unbeweavable on a triple, I believe, would probably make that chain score much higher than the aforementioned Vegas). Of course if you have breadth AND depth that'll definitely help :P But it's kinda like Shipwrightery, where a Vegas with only 3-piece patterns will get you an Excellent on the highest step, and a 5-piece pattern on a triple gets you an Admirable, which is the next step up.
Nickbush on every ocean (Jadebush on Jade -.-)

Native Cobaltean for life

http://www.youtube.com/user/NickBush24

Foraging scoring glitch: http://bit.ly/QEpApx
[Jan 5, 2011 4:36:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Waugaman

Are these competitions going to continue for 2011 or are they over for now?
Nancyboy on Hunter
SO of -Obliteration-

I like turtles
[Jan 12, 2011 7:52:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Are these competitions going to continue for 2011 or are they over for now?

For now, this thread linked here is the best reference thread.
[Jan 12, 2011 8:28:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1872   Pages: 63   [ First Page | Previous Page | 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates