• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 21
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4202 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
sweetnessc

What does a frigate spawn in Cursed Isles? Reply to this Post

Has anyone been into Cursed Isles on a big ship? I'm trying to figure out what kind of a raft and sinister spawn it would generate onto the board for an event I'm thinking of running.
----------------------------------------
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[May 11, 2009 5:56:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

Re: What does a frigate spawn in Cursed Isles? Reply to this Post

There have been a couple GF runs, never been on them though.
I honestly don't care anymore.
[May 11, 2009 6:16:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Do you remember who ran any of them?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[May 11, 2009 6:47:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tdeathblake

I personally know of 2 on Hunter

One was Mchammer

The other one is posted here but no idea who ran it
Tdeathblake (Thinks he's the main)
Homunculus (Knows he's the main)

Give a man a fish and he''ll eat for a day, give a fish a man and he''ll eat for weeks.

Homemade avatar
[May 11, 2009 9:25:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rafikie

I know of that Luigi (Sage) has.
-Rafikie
[May 11, 2009 9:39:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I only know of a few brig CI trips
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 12, 2009 5:59:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
YozziePie

cairna does them on hunter . so go check with him
Yoz
Grace O' Malley
Emerald

Stvns shouts, "bone them!!! homos last"
Kaden tells ye, "They're Homus gosh :P"

Awesome avvie by drinkthes
[May 12, 2009 11:02:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lcawte

Yep, on sage the team of Dexade and Luigi have been on GF, WF and MG as far I know of
Lcawte All Oceans
Sage: Lcawte - Captain Of Scottish Seadogs , King Of Scottish Seakings
[May 12, 2009 11:07:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Superlamb

How well did these go? I am just curious because I have never been on anything bigger than a sloop
Theflu of Malachite SO of Heaven and Earth

I collect trinkets! Currently working on Handkerchiefs: 79 unique color combinations.
[May 14, 2009 12:27:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lcawte

Em I can only comment on the MG one from Luigi.. we did good... made a decent amount and didnt sink, I think the WF one sunk and the GF's survived... Will have to PM Dexade though for full details
Lcawte All Oceans
Sage: Lcawte - Captain Of Scottish Seadogs , King Of Scottish Seakings
[May 14, 2009 7:42:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Yeah I chatted to Dexade, she didn't know the details I needed about the raft and sinister spawns, so I'm currently stalking Luigi... Cairn says the spawns aren't really much different.

Sublime is shame.
[May 14, 2009 12:08:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tdeathblake

As soon as my WF is ready I'm going to be taking it into a CI in order to test the amounts needed for the thrall token

I won't be going far from the safe zone

Is there anything you want me to keep a look out for?
Tdeathblake (Thinks he's the main)
Homunculus (Knows he's the main)

Give a man a fish and he''ll eat for a day, give a fish a man and he''ll eat for weeks.

Homemade avatar
[May 14, 2009 8:46:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Yes! I'd love to know what a frig entering the board causes to spawn in each of the zones for red ships and rafts, and how clogged the board gets.

If you know when you're going, I'd love to come help you test it too.

Sublime is shame.
[May 14, 2009 8:58:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

Yes! I'd love to know what a frig entering the board causes to spawn in each of the zones for red ships and rafts, and how clogged the board gets.

If you know when you're going, I'd love to come help you test it too.

I don't think that would be accurate, in Atlantis at least, it seems to be based more on your might ring. So you wouldn't get accurate results without a full ship?
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[May 14, 2009 9:00:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Ah, I assumed the ship'd be fairly full to test the puzzling token numbers. My bad!

Sublime is shame.
[May 14, 2009 9:01:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kenishot

Well, someone directed me to this thread.

First off, it is my belief that the ship size does not affect the spawn rate or quantity of rafts. I believe that spawn rates are affected by the amount of player ships currently at an outpost/CI location rather than size of vessel.
-Another note: There are no super rafts or anything, just normal ones.

Edit*: Sinister spawns seems to be approximately the same as well.

The main problem with running these huge vessels in the CI environment would be the effect of the fog/rafts if they were to make contact with you.
-Each turn in the fog generally creates about 10-20% damage and bilge which is ridiculously high imho, but whatever.
-Each raft also creates boarders based on the number you have on board. Possibly a percentage of 10%-20% based on estimations.

I am not 100% sure of everything, but I can do a few for you sometime if you need or want for general information.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Kenishot at May 14, 2009 9:31:14 PM]
[May 14, 2009 9:27:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Vova did one a while back on Midnight as a test. Napalm and Penguin also did a GF on ice to see what happened.

The basic issue is that the fog damage happens at 1/6th per turn you are stuck in the fog, now on a sloop this is kinda irrelevant but on a WF this is some serious damage to have to deal with.

It was found although manageable going into the island, coming out again with everyone working fresh boards and you more or less going straight into fog was a killer, and rendered you DITW pretty quick.
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[May 14, 2009 11:08:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Yeah, I'm not looking to actually do CI on a big ship for the event, I'm looking to clog up the board enough to make it a challenge for the wee sloopies.

Sublime is shame.
[May 15, 2009 1:14:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kenishot

Sweetie, just having multiple sloops in the CI outpost will spawn your needed chaos !
[May 15, 2009 10:08:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Sweetie, just having multiple sloops in the CI outpost will spawn your needed chaos !

Too true!
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[May 15, 2009 11:54:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
myspace978

Too true!

Srsly lol.
Sale Thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=172262&offset=0#2386452

Bored Lantis Driver & Poker Player.
~~Jesee~~
[May 16, 2009 12:05:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates