• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2166 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Deceptive

The Great Atlantis War! Reply to this Post

Well this could be fun. Wait.. what could be fun you ask? Thats right! I haven't explained it yet! Here ya go:

Yar mates! Atlantis getting to boring for ye? Blockades dont quite have the action? Hmm, why don't we have an event, where to two become one? Or at least, halfway merged. Here is how it would work:
(PS, I think this would need to be an OM run event, for the sake of what ye shall soon learn)

-Any ship allowed entry into an Atlantis Place-Thinger (Shall be whisked by Ocean Master if possible)
-Must have their ship filled by a certain time to wisk it to the destination
-They shall be fighting eachother, and at the same time, killing the monsters, and looting the booty!
-Would be similar to the OM Atlantis run, that happened a little while ago, except for this: All ships must be sunk until there is only one left, and the lead of that ship shall then be awarded the grand prize. A Familiar. Or something like that.

I Have to go right now, will try to add some more info in a bit.
----------------------------------------
I honestly don't care anymore.
[May 11, 2009 7:58:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lcawte

Re: The Great Atlantis War! Reply to this Post

It's a good idea, but as far as I can tell.. its too similar to the OM event really... as this month will see more invasions... you could post a thing somewhere where people themselves can be in it... saves the extra event. Overall I think it would be a good idea, but if people read it, they will want to take there, meaning no jobbers, some extra prize for the crew, not just the XO or Navver.. 1 fam cant be split between 75+ People
Lcawte All Oceans
Sage: Lcawte - Captain Of Scottish Seadogs , King Of Scottish Seakings
[May 11, 2009 8:14:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.lewiscawte.me [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

This sounds very similar to the Atlantis Invasions event that was held a while ago. Whilst some of the things you want are possible (such as ship whisks to exclusive lairs and other general atlantean stuff) the requirement for ALL the ships to be sunk isn't. At the moment, the Ocean Masters have no way (to my knowledge) of preventing a ship from leaving the board therefore the event could potentially be wrecked by people who just seem to come and go.

Also, I doubt you should allow ANY ship to enter. If you put a War Firgate against a Sloop, the War Frigate has an obvious advantage. You really should say "Sloops only" or something which limits participation to a certain class of ship.

With regards to the top prize, I don't really think this event is worthy of a familiar, especially considering that most of the work would be done by jobbers on the ship who wouldn't really get a fair share of the top prize. Perhaps if you were limited to "Sloops only" then the prize could be (for example) a Fancy Ribbon to everyone onboard at the time of board domination.

Apart from that, the event sounds fun AND plausible. I hope you run it (or someone "inherits" it) some time soon ;)
Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
[May 11, 2009 8:20:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lcawte

Aye, it is similar to the atlantus invasions which was mentioned in the OP
Lcawte All Oceans
Sage: Lcawte - Captain Of Scottish Seadogs , King Of Scottish Seakings
[May 11, 2009 8:23:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.lewiscawte.me [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

I believe I have someone to supply a couple of prizes for people on winning sloop. I love the sloop idea btw! I am going to PM OM to see if its possible for them to whisk them, and then after about 10 minutes or so into it, close it off so people can leave, but not enter it.
I honestly don't care anymore.
[May 11, 2009 5:31:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

No, this isn't possible.
[May 12, 2009 12:36:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

No, this isn't possible.

Not as it is, but with some "tweaks" the event could easily conform to the code of the game... or am I missing something..?

[May 12, 2009 7:59:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

No, this isn't possible.

Not as it is, but with some "tweaks" the event could easily conform to the code of the game... or am I missing something..?

I think Apollo was refering specifically to the previous post, where it was asked if Atlantis could be "locked" so no further ships could enter after a given time.
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[May 12, 2009 9:32:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

No, this isn't possible.

I think Apollo was refering specifically to the previous post, where it was asked if Atlantis could be "locked" so no further ships could enter after a given time.

Oh, my bad...

[May 12, 2009 9:35:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates