• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 180
Posts: 180   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 28542 times and has 179 replies Next Thread
Rastigi

Re: Alchemy Gallery Reply to this Post

VPeric wrote: 
Actually, its possible to get only one quicksilver tap at the top. I think you get it by routing only a primary color through the quicksilver piece. :)

Yup, that's how you get it. Sorry for the double post, I'm feeling lazy.
----------------------------------------
Bubbablue,
SO of Bubba Gump Shrimpin' Co.
Vote Bubba for President in '08, cause Shrimpin' is Great!
Cleaver wrote: 
Anything else? Please don't say, 'Make everything FREEEEEE!!1!!'

[Nov 12, 2004 4:55:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RobertDonald

Yet another wicked. Three wickeds for three so far, still no 7-color combo. Here it was impossible because of the bends on the blue at the top. There was no way to use the three blue spigots, so I just figured I'd post another Wicked! shot. This was done freehand. If there had been a way to use the three blues, I'm pretty sure the 7 color combo would have been gotten then and there. It's just random how the pieces fall. I hope this gives an idea of the setup required for the 7 color combo, to those who still are wondering.

Now I expect one of you fellows to get the 7 color combo before the end of this weekend. Go to it.
Quizzical wrote: 
If winners and losers are arbitrarily chosen by ringers or OM's, then it is no longer even a game. It's just clicking random buttons hoping to be arbitrarily chosen, which becomes stupid really fast.

[Nov 12, 2004 1:42:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

Go to it? From what I hear, there is no sound file for the seventh color combo. Maybe the Ringers never expected it so they never bothered to code "what should happen" if a seventh colored combo happens. Maybe the pirate time and space continum will collapse upon itself when someone gets a Wicked!+1. Come on, we're counting on you to break the game!
[Nov 12, 2004 2:02:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GageKronos

Actually, I remember one of the final start up tips to the puzzle being a challenge to try for a 6 color combo, and trying for 6 colors plus quicksilver as well.
~Gage
Pirate of A Crew of Our Own (Viridian)

A+ C P- LB-| GD+ !D Cp+ Bl+>++ Sa++ Gu++ SF+ N+ Bn>++ Dr+>++ R+ Al++ Sh B-(--) F++ Cl(++) Sp++ SpN+(++)/+
[Nov 12, 2004 8:06:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Oorlian

Having just recently got my first Cauldron Bubble, I'd like to restate that I hate Alchemy just as much as I love it.
I make my way across the sea, upon a mighty brig,
Searching for something lost to me: a pirate-worthy sig.
[Nov 12, 2004 11:49:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.kevan.org/brain.cgi?Oorlian    Oorlian [Link]  Go to top 
Markoman

Oorlian wrote: 
I'd like to restate that I hate Alchemy just as much as I love it.

Quoted for the truth.
Markozeta
[Nov 13, 2004 4:36:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.Mersenne.org    Markozetaman [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

I'd just like to say thanks to the people in this thread willing to give tips.

I now never press 'fill' without a Toil & Trouble, and I've even recently got a few Fire Burns.

Your pictures and tips are really helpful and I appreciate the time you've taken to share your secrets.

:D
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Nov 13, 2004 5:14:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Markoman

I am now the first to do both a natural Wicked and a Quicksilver Wicked.

I also like how this one looks...
Markozeta
[Nov 13, 2004 6:14:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.Mersenne.org    Markozetaman [Link]  Go to top 
DubRub

I love the way the green pipe is routed around the other pipes
Dubbrub - The Mad Professor next door
[Nov 14, 2004 3:08:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jacktheblack

Is it just me, or do are you getting a lot more crossover pieces then I am.... Do they just give you more as the game goes on, or are you killing all the ones but crossovers?
[Nov 14, 2004 3:10:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jacktheblackypp    samergamer [Link]  Go to top 
DubRub

Jacktheblack wrote: 
Is it just me, or do are you getting a lot more crossover pieces then I am.... Do they just give you more as the game goes on, or are you killing all the ones but crossovers?

I doubt that this is true. It's just luck whether you start with a good board with loads of crossovers or horrible boards with very little crossovers. Some players actually do junk fills to improve the board or during normal fills, use up their remaining moves to save crossovers and get rid fo horrible pieces (e.g. the six-sided pipe)
Dubbrub - The Mad Professor next door
[Nov 14, 2004 3:13:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stefsorceror

Umm...so...marko...why did ye have 0 turns left?
Tibiaking. Member of TTB, SN. Too cool to have a quote in my signature.

Disclaimer: None of my posts are ment to be offensive. Any tarting about the offensiveness of my posts will be ingored.
[Nov 14, 2004 3:17:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

Markoman wrote: 
I am now the first to do both a natural Wicked and a Quicksilver Wicked.

Just curious, but do these goals exist before or after you accomplish them? =P
[Nov 14, 2004 3:34:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Markoman

Shuranthae wrote: 
Just curious, but do these goals exist before or after you accomplish them? =P

No, but my fragile ego needs repetitive boosting.

I was at 0 moves because I cleaned up the fill somewhat to make it more visually pleasing. The real fill still had 12 moves left.
Markozeta
[Nov 14, 2004 4:11:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.Mersenne.org    Markozetaman [Link]  Go to top 
crowsdiamond

everyone wrote: 
Loads of good pics, amazing combos, and sickening boards.

I hate you all. You make me sick.

/me runs off and cries
~Faile
Once Captain of the Mighty PPA
Once Captain of the Falcon's Fury
Now Unretired and ready to KILL!!

Just point me to what you want dead, an' I'll kill it. Or die trying!
[Nov 14, 2004 9:08:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Crowsdiamond [Link]  Go to top 
stefsorceror

so I'm the only one who noticed he had 0 turns left, which is impossible(if I'm right)?
Tibiaking. Member of TTB, SN. Too cool to have a quote in my signature.

Disclaimer: None of my posts are ment to be offensive. Any tarting about the offensiveness of my posts will be ingored.
[Nov 15, 2004 12:56:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

No, it is possible. I've had it happen to me a few times -> it wasn't possible at first, because THAT was a bug; its supposed to be possible. :)
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Nov 15, 2004 1:15:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SnowCrasher

stefsorceror wrote: 
so I'm the only one who noticed he had 0 turns left, which is impossible(if I'm right)?

It refers to 'moves remaining'. In other words, you start with 75 moves remaining, and after you use your 75 moves, you have 0 moves remaining.

I stop at 0 moves left nearly every round.
Pillaging with the crew Force Majeure
Sailing under the flag - Honor Among Thieves
www.order-fm.com
[Nov 15, 2004 2:49:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.order-fm.com [Link]  Go to top 
Markoman

Two quicksilver tokens at a time:

Markozeta
[Nov 16, 2004 10:51:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.Mersenne.org    Markozetaman [Link]  Go to top 
54x

How many Quicksilver nozzles did you get?
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 16, 2004 11:25:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Markoman

Only 2. :(
Markozeta
[Nov 16, 2004 11:27:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.Mersenne.org    Markozetaman [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Interesting. I've gotten two from just one token before. Guess it's a boolean value or something.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 16, 2004 11:37:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
rasheed

The number of nozzles you get depends on how many nozzles are fed through the quicksilver. A primary color produces 1 nozzle, a secondary color produces 2 nozzles.
[Nov 16, 2004 12:12:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

Markoman wrote: 
Only 2. :(

Oh yes, I did this (out of boredom and curiosity, mostly boredom) a few days ago but forgot to post it.
[Nov 16, 2004 1:36:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rastigi

rasheed wrote: 
The number of nozzles you get depends on how many nozzles are fed through the quicksilver. A primary color produces 1 nozzle, a secondary color produces 2 nozzles.

Right, but if you have two quicksilver tokens (or a quicksilver token on a crossover), you still can't get more than two quicksilver bulbs.
Bubbablue,
Cleaver wrote: 

[Nov 17, 2004 12:43:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Do you get two nozzles or just one when you get two primary colours going through Quicksilver tokens, I wonder?
from Midnight.
[Nov 17, 2004 12:49:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Rastigi

54x wrote: 
Do you get two nozzles or just one when you get two primary colours going through Quicksilver tokens, I wonder?

I don't know. I think I tried to put two primaries through a crossover and only got one bulb, but I could be remembering wrong.
Bubbablue,
Cleaver wrote: 

[Nov 17, 2004 12:53:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rasheed

Rastigi wrote: 
rasheed wrote: 

Right, but if you have two quicksilver tokens (or a quicksilver token on a crossover), you still can't get more than two quicksilver bulbs.

You could get 4 nozzles if you put a secondary color through each token, why you would want that many is beyond me.

I really don't know what would happen with a crossover piece.
[Nov 17, 2004 2:06:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rastigi

rasheed wrote: 
You could get 4 nozzles if you put a secondary color through each token, why you would want that many is beyond me.

I really don't know what would happen with a crossover piece.

Look at Shur's screenshots. You can only get 2 bulbs, max. Several people have verified it.
Bubbablue,
Cleaver wrote: 

[Nov 17, 2004 2:14:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PotatoJones

Two is all ye kin get. Period. I ran two secondaries through a Quicksilver and I got two bulbs.
Potato Jones: Steam-Powered, High-Flying
[Nov 17, 2004 2:47:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    heretogoisaid [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 180   Pages: 6   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates