• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 81
Posts: 81   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11575 times and has 80 replies Next Thread
Fizz

2nd Annual People's Choice Easter eggs! Reply to this Post

I am bringing back People's Choice for the Easter Egg designs of 2009!!! Woot!!
There are a couple changes from last year. Please read through the instructions before participating.

I will take the time to compile votes. I can't provide any prizes on any/all the oceans, so this will be a bragging rights sort of deal. (If anyone has any ideas for this, I'm open ears.) I will be tracking votes at google docs. The actual Document will be available to view after judging has been completed.

Easter is April 12th this year so deadline is April 10th
or
Until OOO announces the winners in the game/forum. Once that has been done, this "event" is over.

This is what I want you to do:

--- Who is this event open to? The whole YPP community even if you didn't create any egg designs.

--- Pick 10 (Ten) eggs and up to 5 (Five) Honorable Mentions (only your first 5 HMs will be noted), from THIS link .
Do not include any egg designs that have been marked as not seamless, as they wouldn't be eligible in the game to win either.

--- Send your picks to me at ypp.egg.designs.2008@gmail.com OR you can send a PM to me if you are not comfortable giving out your email addy. Just keep in mind, my PM box could get full here. I will respond to each PM that I get to let you know that your vote is counted. (Yes, I know the email address says 2008, but I didn't want to create a new email addy for this :P)

--- When you submit your choice, please state the name of the designer and which egg number you are picking.
(To get the egg number, count the eggs left to right.)

--- List your most favorite as number 1 (One), next at number 2 (Two) and then your next at number 3 (Three) and so forth
Eggs will be scored as follows:
1st place = 11 points
2nd place = 10 points
3rd place = 9 points
4th place = 8 points
5th place = 7 points
6th place = 6 points
7th place = 5 points
8th place = 4 points
9th place = 3 points
10th place = 2 points
Honorable mentions = .5 points

--- Post ONLY questions/suggestions/comments in this thread. Please do not post your votes in this thread.

This is just for fun and has no official bearing on the actual OOO judging!
(so there is no point in repeatedly voting for your own egg using multiple alts or friends.)

Note: I will be gone over spring break with little to no access to the game and/or forum.. so just keep that in mind and I will get caught up with PMs and emails when I get back home.
----------------------------------------
Fizz -- RETIRED Senior Officer of Phoenix Warriors, Lady of Tyrs Own
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Fizz at Mar 15, 2009 6:57:22 PM]
[Mar 14, 2009 3:14:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ikketje

Re: 2nd Annual People's Choice Easter eggs! Reply to this Post

Near 700 valid entries, how on earth to pick 15 -_-

Fizz, I have a question. You say not to chose ones that aren't seamless (as mentioned on the Yppedia-page), but the Yppedia also makes mentions of ones that have a seam in the back. Can these be picked? Just to avoid confusion.

I might try to make a vote, but I'm so indecisive, even if I would be able to narrow down my favorites to 15... the horror of ranking them, aaaaaaagggggh.
Ikke on Meridian and Emerald
Veerle on Cerulean

~Avatar by Velternal
[Mar 14, 2009 5:11:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Seams in back may be used. I changed from top 3 and 5 honorables last year to top 10 and 5 honorables because it was hard for people to narrow it down to just 3. I figured 10 was reasonable because the official judges have to narrow it down to however many they choose for this year.. last year being 10 plus the 2 special ones not available in the palace. :D
[Mar 14, 2009 8:25:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

--- Pick 10 (Ten) eggs and up to 5 (Five) Honorable Mentions (only your first 5 HMs will be noted), from THIS link .

I have made a very large image of all the eligible rendered entries from the wiki page. I did not include any that were noted as being 'not seamless' though I did include those listed as having a seam. They are in order, so you can pick the ones you like here and then go to the wiki page to get the names and such. As mentioned, it is a large image so I am just giving a link so I don't break the forums.
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7936/alleligibleeggs.png
Pletoo of Sage
[Mar 15, 2009 10:05:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Pletoo, you are about as crazy as me. ;)
[Mar 15, 2009 10:55:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Pletoo, you are about as crazy as me. ;)

Hehehe

10th place = 2 points
Honorable mentions = no score value
Could we change this to HMs get a half point? Then if it is rounded up when tallying, that would mean three honorable mention votes would count the same as one 10th place vote.
Pletoo of Sage
[Mar 15, 2009 11:41:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I have made a very large image of all the eligible rendered entries from the wiki page. I did not include any that were noted as being 'not seamless' though I did include those listed as having a seam. They are in order, so you can pick the ones you like here and then go to the wiki page to get the names and such. As mentioned, it is a large image so I am just giving a link so I don't break the forums.

WOW that's a lotta eggs
Dexla d'Midnight
[Mar 15, 2009 11:46:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

Pletoo, Fizz, I love you two. Many thanks for doing this, I really wish I could have chipped in on the support side.

Am I imagining things, or is that the most eggs we've ever had entered? I'm torn between being befuddled at the sheer quantity, and very happy that so many people are having fun with this.

The Easter egg contest is my favorite forum event in YPP, and it's awesome seeing people enjoy it.

/e wanders off to pick eggses
Silveransom
makes art like this or this &
Blender Eggs!
[Mar 15, 2009 1:00:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

10th place = 2 points
Honorable mentions = no score value
Could we change this to HMs get a half point? Then if it is rounded up when tallying, that would mean three honorable mention votes would count the same as one 10th place vote.
yes.. I will consider this scoring adjustment.

The Easter egg contest is my favorite forum event in YPP, and it's awesome seeing people enjoy it.
Ditto
[Mar 15, 2009 6:52:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
puppy1254170

wow. So many eggs, and only 15 spots....

My approach is just picking my favorites and lining them up in one page, sorta like what Pletoo did. I'm thinking of asking friends and family to help me narrow down from 24 to 15...so far I have made my mind up about the top 2.
Missjessica on Sage Emerald

Starting back up from square one. *Sigh*
[Mar 15, 2009 7:14:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ladi_Pirate

Awesome Fizzy (and Pletoo too!)

I'll definitely take a crack at this (no pun intended lolol). It IS a super tough choice!!

Also, YES.......Silver.......this is definitely many more eggs this year. I was pleasantly surprised!

I'll keep checking on how the voting count is going. :)

~ Booteelishus ~ SO of Bette Noire ~ Sage Ocean ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way!
[Mar 16, 2009 1:15:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ladi_Pirate

You say not to chose ones that aren't seamless (as mentioned on the Yppedia-page), but the Yppedia also makes mentions of ones that have a seam in the back. Can these be picked? Just to avoid confusion.

Errr ok double question! If an egg is not "seamless" that means it has a seam.......right? I'm confused! Cause it sounds like ya'll are saying "ok it can have a seam but it can't be one that's been dubbed ones that aren't seamless."

HELP! LOL

~ Booteelishus ~ SO of Bette Noire ~ Sage Ocean ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way!
[Mar 16, 2009 1:18:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

You say not to chose ones that aren't seamless (as mentioned on the Yppedia-page), but the Yppedia also makes mentions of ones that have a seam in the back. Can these be picked? Just to avoid confusion.

Errr ok double question! If an egg is not "seamless" that means it has a seam.......right? I'm confused! Cause it sounds like ya'll are saying "ok it can have a seam but it can't be one that's been dubbed ones that aren't seamless."

HELP! LOL

The ones the were not seamless are ones in which the colors / patterns did not match up when placed side by side. The ones that say they have a seam in the back are ones that had a frame or border on the original image that formed a thicker line when placed side by side, which is basically a technical loophole and was undecided whether they counted or not.
Pletoo of Sage
[Mar 16, 2009 6:22:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
merethif

wow. So many eggs, and only 15 spots....

My approach is just picking my favorites and lining them up in one page, sorta like what Pletoo did. I'm thinking of asking friends and family to help me narrow down from 24 to 15...so far I have made my mind up about the top 2.

I made my mind up about the top 3... and I have a serious huge epic problem with the rest of them. I do really think it is easier to decide upon your top 3 then top 10 actually. You can have two or three that really take your breath away, but then there are like 20 of them that you would like to see on 4th place.
Merethif of Viridian Ocean
Novice/Able at Poker and proud of it!
Vacation avatar by Empanado
[Mar 16, 2009 10:52:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ikketje

I made my mind up about the top 3... and I have a serious huge epic problem with the rest of them. I do really think it is easier to decide upon your top 3 then top 10 actually. You can have two or three that really take your breath away, but then there are like 20 of them that you would like to see on 4th place.

I completely agree: top 3 + 2 HM's would have worked for me easier then 10+5... I'm so struggling :S
Veerle on Cerulean

~Avatar by Velternal
[Mar 16, 2009 11:14:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zandia

I've got my 15 narrowed down, with one clear winner IMO. I'm trying to rank the others now.
Teh Eighth
[Mar 16, 2009 11:23:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I completely agree: top 3 + 2 HM's would have worked for me easier then 10+5... I'm so struggling :S

Well, if I read correctly, you can select up to 10+5 hms. I don't think you HAVE to pick that many.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Mar 16, 2009 11:30:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Just a friendly little reminder...

This is just for fun and has no official bearing on the actual OOO judging!

Don't stress so. :D

Some of the criteria I used to help me narrow things down a bit for myself:

Does it look like it fits in the game? Quite a few that I really liked just didn't look like they fit in well, some in particular that looked a bit futuristic just didn't suit YPP.

Is it too similar to previous winners? Stripes are stripes, even if they are different colors.

I also tried to pick a selection that was unique to each other as well. For instance, I may have had 3 bluish ones I liked, in which case I tried to pick just one.

Hope this helps, but the biggest thing to remember is to have fun. If you only want to pick 3 then go ahead, this isn't official. :D
Pletoo of Sage
[Mar 16, 2009 12:51:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

The announcements of the main event will be posted very soon - judging is nearly finalized. Please therefore get your votes in as quickly as possible, because Fizz's event will close as soon as I post the results!
[Mar 16, 2009 1:00:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Zandia

Wheee!
Teh Eighth
[Mar 16, 2009 1:11:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

The announcements of the main event will be posted very soon - judging is nearly finalized. Please therefore get your votes in as quickly as possible, because Fizz's event will close as soon as I post the results!

*blinks*

That was fast.

*starts making her own choices*
[Mar 16, 2009 1:54:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

I have the final results now - I'll leave it another couple of hours to see if you get a few more votes in!
[Mar 16, 2009 1:59:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

I have the final results now - I'll leave it another couple of hours to see if you get a few more votes in!

WOW!

So which method did you go with this year... darts or random number generator?

Hehehe, I know better than that.

I had a college professor once tell the class that he graded papers by standing at the top of the stairs and throwing them - the ones that traveled the furthest got the lowest grades because they had less ink on them.

I am sure you use a method at least as technical. :p
Pletoo of Sage
[Mar 16, 2009 2:09:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
merethif

OK, I've just sent a mail to Fizz so you can post the results :-D
It's 22:20 in my place, so let's say I can wait until midnight, is there a chance I'll see the results before going to bed?
Merethif of Viridian Ocean
Novice/Able at Poker and proud of it!
Vacation avatar by Empanado
[Mar 16, 2009 2:20:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

I was thinking of posting at 4pm game time, which I guess would be midnight your time?
[Mar 16, 2009 2:26:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Inkburrow

<3
Queasy, Viridian
I live in my own little world. It's okay; they know me here.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Inkburrow at Mar 16, 2009 2:31:16 PM]
[Mar 16, 2009 2:30:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sophiegraytb

Hehehe, I know better than that.

I had a college professor once tell the class that he graded papers by standing at the top of the stairs and throwing them - the ones that traveled the furthest got the lowest grades because they had less ink on them.

Rofl, I had a professor who must have graded the same way since the grades never made a bit on sense to me...
Skyelanis - Cerulean via Midnight
[Mar 16, 2009 2:34:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

It may be slightly later, thinking about my timings this afternoon, actually...

Judging - as Elizabeth Bennet said "I deserve neither such praise nor such censure". I didn't do any judging for this - the arrrtists chose the winning designs. I did, however, send my People's Choice votes in to Fizz! :)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Mar 16, 2009 2:51:13 PM]
[Mar 16, 2009 2:49:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

It may be slightly later, thinking about my timings this afternoon, actually...
Later works for me - I won't be online anyway since I have play practice from about 4-7 game time, so by all means, keep everyone else in suspense for my sake. :p
Pletoo of Sage
[Mar 16, 2009 2:58:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ikketje

I was thinking of posting at 4pm game time

=o

I went ahead and rushed my choices. PM'ed you Fizz, I guess your PMbox would not be completely full on such short notice. Those Arrrrtists seem to be more decisive then I am, I'm still pondering over some I left out, heh. Verrrry curious to see what they chose and if some of my favorites will find their way into the game!
Veerle on Cerulean

~Avatar by Velternal
[Mar 16, 2009 3:04:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 81   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates