• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2269 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Meghaford

crew shares Reply to this Post

Just putting in my two cents that the previous crew shares method was much better... as I cannot assign 6 shares now... <Ursela Pouts>
----------------------------------------
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[Dec 21, 2002 8:19:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
dnxthx

Crew shares Reply to this Post

Why not allow an arbitrary integer value for crew shares? (Up to a limit of course).
Duncan
[size=10]Reformed Player
[size=8]Avatar by AaronZOOM
[Dec 23, 2002 1:07:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Crew shares Reply to this Post

I can't remember exactly why we changed this, but it was definitely for a good reason -- possibly to do with confusion over typing in 0.5 etc. Come come, surely ye can live with five rather than six?

Cleaver
[Dec 23, 2002 10:51:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

Re: crew shares Reply to this Post

Avast! he mocks me!
... and a few others ...
[Dec 23, 2002 11:33:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

Another issue I've had problems with:

when hiring NPP's and Pirates to take on a pillaging trip, I find myself wanting to give Pirates more $ because they're usually more effective than NPP's. But they get hired at the same booty % as the NPP's. Of course this seems very unfair since I have to pay the NPP's every league that I Hired them for. Shouldn't I be able to (1) Not pay the NPP's a % because they're being paid already or (2) give them a smaller amount of shares than Pirates.

It would also be fun to be able to completely customize the pirate hiring process. for instance in the crew articles specify exactly how much per league a Pirate will make (depending on their Duty Report) and how many shares. So if you want to do some exploring, you can hire a pirate per league, and if ye want to pillage, hire for just shares. Or both!
... and a few others ...
[Jan 2, 2003 9:58:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
GeneralLabor

I think that what you suggest makes sense. I agree that being a jobbing pirate not being paid per league and knowing that the npp?s are getting paid doesn?t quite seem right. Since very seldom do I find my crew sailing when I am on I end up jobbing for other crews and get a small percentage of the take, it would be good if I could get cash when we don?t run into anyone to battle.

Sparky
[Jan 3, 2003 2:33:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

A little trick to use, that I was told by....hmmm I think Squidbeard, is to hire lower level NPPs and take on a couple of small sloops and you will notice their level go up very fast. So you can have a 1$ per league hire NPP that is grandmaster.
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Jan 3, 2003 4:24:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ramirez

Arr. Reply to this Post

Also, if you're not worried about your swordfighting rating, you can intentionally lose to an NPP a couple times to bump their rating up. :)
It's seven leagues to Turtle Island. We've got a full cask of rum, half a keg of gunpowder, it's dark, and we're wearing eyepatches. Hit it.
[Jan 3, 2003 6:22:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

but does losing to them really bump up their rating? I mean they look much bettter... but I can lose a bunch of times and be "able" while I should be much higher.
... and a few others ...
[Jan 3, 2003 6:59:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Im pretty sure the performance of the NPPs are based on their ratings. While the player's ratings aren't representative.
[Jan 3, 2003 7:11:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

NPP ratings Reply to this Post

NPPs have a specific skill level that is determined at their birth. Losing to them just raises their standings, it doesn't change how well they puzzle.
[Jan 3, 2003 10:33:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

indeed? that's a shame really.

Is the pool of NPPs static?
[Jan 3, 2003 11:08:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates