• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 58
Posts: 58   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12395 times and has 57 replies Next Thread
Galene
OceanMaster

Be Galene's Blind Date Reply to this Post

How would you like a chance to win a date on the high seas with your favorite OM? Well, Apollo isn't available, so you'll have to make do with Galene instead. No, Hera isn't available, either. No, Aphrodite is not available. Seriously, it's me or nobody.

As part of the February Festivities in honor of Valentine's day, I'm offering one hour of my time, for each of the six English production oceans. You'll have to fight for the honor, and my activities will be limited.

Enter:
  • Enter one of the special tournaments or competitions featuring a rose ribbon prize inscribed for this event. If you win, this ribbon is your entry ticket into the drawing later on.
  • Each English production ocean will receive one set of tournaments and competitions sometime between 3pm and 9pm server time on Friday the 13th, for a total of 14 ticket holders. Exact times or settings will not be pre-announced.
  • Only the position with a rose ribbon as prize will be entered into the drawing. You must be present at the drawing to win.
  • One final ticket will be given out during that same time frame for being the first to answer a question posted by me on Twitter. Make sure you're following my tweets to see the question.

Win:
  • Drawing will be held between 9pm and 10pm server time on Friday the 13th, and you must be present to enter the drawing.
  • The 15 ticket winners will be invited to a private location for an unrated, randomly seeded, local only tournament to determine the overall winner for that ocean.
  • All ticket holders will enter the unrated tournament. You do not have to actually play the tournament out. We're only interested in the randomly generated list populated when the tournament starts. We will only be looking at column 1, and will skip counting any 'bye's which fall in column 1. When using random seed, the order in which pirates are listed will be random. The pirate who is listed number 7 will be the winner of the date package for your ocean. In the example provided below, Litleeducat would be our winner.

Collect:
If you're the (un)lucky winner, we'll make arrangements for your date by private message here on the forums. Full winning package includes:
  • A date with me for an hour, on the ocean where you won me. Please note limitations below.
  • A Galene Doll. It's customary for women to share a trinket with those they favor, after all.
  • A paid portrait with me, aboard the Tea Ell Sea, as a memento of our time together.
  • A spare framed copy of our portrait to hang in your boudoir.

Limitations:
  • Your hour must be used all at one sitting, and prior to March 15, 2009.
  • I must be on a ship at sea. I simply can't endure that long a period of time away from water. Any activity at sea will do. We don't have to be puzzling, but we must be sailing! Yes, this includes Sea Monster Hunts as an option.
  • Time can not be used during my normal shifts. What kind of date would I be if I ignored you the entire time?
  • Other than whisking aboard vessels, no use of magic OM powers! No whisking to port. No familiars given out (although I might throw a few eggs around). No money magic. Pretend I'm a mere mortal pirate for the hour.
  • Game propriety rules still apply. I won't be doing any of *that* on a first date.

Winners!
Joethebum-Midnight, Chet-Cobalt, Jji-Malachite, Smooshi-Hunter, Bootlicker-Sage and Wigglewaddle-Viridian!
If you have not done so already, please send me a forum PM. We need to arrange a date and time for your date, and your portrait sitting.

Due to error in game or failure of my cut and paste, Burninator was not invited to attend the drawing. As such, I'm offering them a compensation package. They won't get a date with me, but they'll be receiving everything else in the package. A doll, a paid portrait and a framed spare. Thank you for your understanding!
----------------------------------------
Galene
(12:24:59 PM) Oceanus: Hahaha ur ded on teh grond
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Galene at Feb 14, 2009 12:42:56 AM]
[Feb 12, 2009 3:03:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
vnork

Re: Be Galene's Blind Date Reply to this Post

Great concept, very generous of you to volunteer your time with mere mortals.

-Vnork
[Feb 12, 2009 3:22:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

• Each English production ocean will receive one set of tournaments and competitions sometime between 3pm and 9pm server time on Friday the 13th, for a total of 14 ticket holders. Exact times or settings will not be pre-announced.

I was sad that I wouldn't have a chance at winning this date until I read the following, cuz that sounds like it won't necessarily be the winner of the tournament that gets entered into the drawing.. Woot Woot!

• Only the position with a rose ribbon as prize will be entered into the drawing. You must be present at the drawing to win.

Fizz -- RETIRED Senior Officer of Phoenix Warriors, Lady of Tyrs Own
[Feb 12, 2009 3:26:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
slimbutt

Would you help me win a PvP battle with my wife?
If I win it's gonna happen.
Want to make an easy 20K?
Pwn /fw Blood in the Water in PVP.
Post a screenshot of the start of the SF in any Hunter Parley thread.
[Feb 12, 2009 3:35:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Would you help me win a PvP battle with my wife?
If I win it's gonna happen.

Yes. Any activity at sea counts.
Galene
[Feb 12, 2009 3:37:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Burninat0r

Galene doesn't put out =(

=P <3 Galene
Burninator

Very retired. Not coming back.
[Feb 12, 2009 3:42:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Do the winners of the rose ribbon tournaments get to keep the ribbons as a token of their accomplishment? Or ar those the "entry fee" for the drawing?
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Feb 12, 2009 3:44:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Minsiem

Would one get to make you wear whatever one wants for the portrait? >.>
Minsiem the Facetious of Cerulean: Burple Punny, & Sushicide-al maniac!
~ I wonder if they are using the same internet we are using. ~
[Feb 12, 2009 3:49:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Do the winners of the rose ribbon tournaments get to keep the ribbons as a token of their accomplishment? Or ar those the "entry fee" for the drawing?
You'll be able to keep it, but it will have the inscription changed slightly so it can't be used in future events.

Would one get to make you wear whatever one wants for the portrait? >.>
Sure, I'm fine with that.
Galene
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Galene at Feb 12, 2009 3:54:11 PM]
[Feb 12, 2009 3:53:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

Aww shucks. I sure wish I was better at carousing :(
Jolyma

[Feb 12, 2009 4:33:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Aww shucks. I sure wish I was better at carousing :(

Each English production ocean will receive one set of tournaments and competitions

Well, can you Sail, Bilge, Carpent, Duty Nav, Gun, Distil, Alchemize, Shipwright, Blacksmith or Forage?
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Feb 12, 2009 4:38:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Oh yes. There are 15 tickets per ocean, mates. One for each of the carousing tournaments (4), 1 for each shoppe puzzle and each ship puzzle available in duty competitions (10), and 1 leftover for my fellow tweeters.

Rumble, Swordfighting, Treasure Drop, Drinking, Twitter, Apothecary, Shipwrightery, Blacksmithing, Distilling, Duty Navigation, Gunning, Carpentry, Bilging, Sailing, and Foraging will all each receive one ticket per ocean. As has already been noted, not necessarily for the top performer. I've not made my mind up on that yet, and wished to leave a loophole. It's easier with competitions. Tournaments become a dash to see who can log off first :(

If this goes well, future events might also contain alternative methods to win tickets for similar rewards.
Galene
[Feb 12, 2009 4:46:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Neat Event!
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ilyarus2004 at Feb 12, 2009 4:59:20 PM]
[Feb 12, 2009 4:58:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

So, let's say we win more than one of these ribbons. Do we get multiple entries in the raffle?
[Feb 12, 2009 5:17:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

So, let's say we win more than one of these ribbons. Do we get multiple entries in the raffle?
That's going to be difficult to achieve, but in the event somebody does manage, they can't enter the drawing tournament twice on the same character from the same computer, right? They might find sneaky ways around it, but tickets will be inscribed with the winners name and only those winners will be invited to the drawing.
Galene
[Feb 12, 2009 6:04:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I must say that this is a very fun OM-run event and makes me think of old-school OM events where the Ocean Masters really get to hang out with pirates on a 1-on-1 level. Really cool, big props Galene!
[Feb 12, 2009 10:09:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Galene wrote: 
  • Game propriety rules still apply. I won't be doing any of *that* on a first date.

• I heard that "hand jobs" were a given though... /e snickers
    Captain of Gods of War
    King of Tyranny (well not right now)
    Blockade madman
    [Feb 12, 2009 10:48:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    DanD17

Ahh, I'd play just for the portrait.

Already got one with Gaea here :P
    Daudy

Discocow!

Cremate says, "skmpns"
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by DanD17 at Feb 12, 2009 10:50:14 PM]
    [Feb 12, 2009 10:49:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Pianoman1125

So how does a date with you end?

A peck on the cheek and a cheerful good night or "Oh no it's time for breakfast and all I have is yogurt and my dishes are dirty so you'll have to use my stomach..."

Cause either would be nice.

~The Maestro
    Muffynz
    A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
    YPPedia Admin
    Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
    [Feb 12, 2009 10:55:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
    DanD17

Totally sidetracking, but I think your sig is the best ever.
    Daudy

Discocow!

Cremate says, "skmpns"
    [Feb 12, 2009 10:59:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    dchow

You must be blind to date Galene.
    Things in my past I can never change.
    [Feb 12, 2009 11:28:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Terrify

I would like to see you in belt with braces <3
    Terrify, Hunter Ocean.

[Feb 12, 2009 11:47:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Skullbrains

Too bad i can't be present at the drawing
    Skullbrains on All Oceans
    SO in The Mystery Fleet

Member of Knockout
    Main Ocean is Hunter
    [Feb 13, 2009 3:46:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    yukinon

I am tempted to stay up all night for this.
    --
    Yukinon, Midnight
    [Feb 13, 2009 5:31:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    SirCarl67

Great event although the timing is a bit of a pain for a Brit like me.

What happens if less than 7 people turn up for the tournie/draw. I could well see the early competitions being won by people in Europe or East Coast USA who are in bed at the time of the drawing. If I am up until 1am trying to get a decent result I might sleep through the 04:45 alarm in order to log on before 5:00am for the draw especially if the competition is still running when I go to bed (though I will try). I would have preferred it if each ribbon had a ticket number and then you use a random number generator after the event to select the winner, although I realise that some might think the prize winning event is then decided in advance.

By the way does Poseidon owe you any favours. My love for you was spawned when a stray cannonball from my ship went into your sloop and sunk you so we had to haul you aboard my ship and dry you out. If I won I would like to repeat that momentious event, with a sinking PVP maybe with you hauling me aboard your ship if things end differently. The only way a mortal pirate can have a private sinking PVP is to ask their monarch to declare/accept a war dec. Would you be able to persuade Poseidon to do so if I can sweet talk my monarch to as well?
    Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by SirCarl67 at Feb 13, 2009 9:33:58 AM]
    [Feb 13, 2009 9:33:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Galene
    OceanMaster

Using a random number generator isn't public and requires players to have faith in the integrity of the selection process. I prefer there be no questions about the validity of the final winner selection. Drama over ambiguous results leaves players unhappy.

As for schedule, you're unfortunately subjected to my own availability here. Again, this is a bit of a test event. If it's successful, the format might be used again in the future, or variations of it. If so, the OM in charge might be able to swing a different availability then.

I doubt we'll have less than 7, but if we do, we'll merely adjust down and select a new number before the tournament starts. No big deal :)

I don't think Vilya will be declaring war any time soon. Too many problems if we hold event islands on that ocean. Could possibly toss up an event blockade, or we could always hit Atlantis again, even if it isn't private!
    Galene
    [Feb 13, 2009 9:50:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
    Squashbuckle

Galene wrote: 
    Well, Apollo isn't available

Are you sure? *cries*

Galene wrote: 
    No, Hera isn't available, either. No, Aphrodite is not available. Seriously, it's me or nobody.

Are you saying Gaea is a nobody? She has a whole planet as her body! Oceanus and Poseidon have a bodies of water. Artemis has a heavenly body. Is she available? :-P

Of all the days I wish I could YPP instead of work... I guess I'll have to wait until next year to maybe score a date with an OM. *sigh*

(Seriously, are you sure Apollo's not available?)
    Polly
    Hunter
    Captain of Flocktarts

[Feb 13, 2009 10:04:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Galene
    OceanMaster

If Apollo was available, do you think I'd be offering myself up for a blind date? Pshaw.
    Galene
    [Feb 13, 2009 11:22:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
    EverclearBoy

Will one of the requirements to win be the wearing of a blindfold, staring at the sun and/or an eclipse or the viewing of Margret Thatcher naked on a cold day beforehand?
    Amberon says, "Tricky little bastards."
    Stud at Drinking Competitions says, "umm >.> will u quit for 50% of what i win? >.>"
    Everclearboy officer chats "Stud's offering me Half a bird?"
    [Feb 13, 2009 1:17:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Stephensam

Nothing to see here >.>
    Move along >.>
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Feb 13, 2009 5:56:02 PM]
    [Feb 13, 2009 5:53:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 58   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates