• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5705 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Glaucus
OceanMaster

February 14 - Valentine's Ship/Palace Shindig Reply to this Post

Do you hate Hallmark holidays? Are you without a wuvvy snuggle-snookums this Valentine's season? Maybe you just need something to do before you go out on the town?

In honor of the heart-filled holiday, this Saturday we're excited to bring you some suitably sweet diversions with a chance of twisted bitterness. You can look forward to seeing a few extra treats on the tournament boards, as well as all-day whisks to portrait ships featuring varying degrees of lovey-doveyness.

Even if you're not interested in having your portrait painted, you're still welcome aboard the portrait ships to chat or hang out. Throughout the day, a few of the OMs will be hopping from ship to ship (unless you're Galene) and ocean to ocean with some special activities and games of their own. You may even walk away with a prize.

Here are the times for each ocean's celebration. All times are according to server time, which you can check by typing /info in game.
9am-11am - Cronus - Hunter - Quetzal Palace
11am-1pm - Cronus - Midnight - Alpha Palace
1pm-3pm - Glaucus - Malachite - aboard a portrait ship
3pm-5pm - Glaucus - Viridian - aboard a portrait ship
5pm-7pm - Galene - Cobalt - Lima Island - Upstairs at the Palace, The Mung Dynasty
7pm-9pm - Galene - Sage - Descartes Isle - Upstairs at the Palace, Rule of Signs

For any events requiring entries to be submitted, official Entry Thread

Watch this space for specifics as the details develop!
----------------------------------------
Crotchetiness by Dexla.
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Galene at Feb 14, 2009 5:43:42 PM]
[Feb 9, 2009 10:39:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pirateknigh7

Re: February 14 - Valentine's Ship Shindig Reply to this Post

Cool Idea ^_^! Definately there ()
(^.^)---O
Skve on Hunter Ocean
Yes, it says Legendaryxx, but umm im kind of Skve now.. See? Skve.. fun to say eh? yeah you kids have fun :p
[Feb 11, 2009 2:33:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
freedomers

Nice.
Swimchamp on
Hunta'

Haha... No.
[Feb 11, 2009 2:46:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zagu

:O very nice!
Sopermans, Viridian Ocean!
[Feb 11, 2009 3:44:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blasty15

Me likey.
./javascript_unban_Martobain_commence_go.
Success!
[Feb 12, 2009 12:56:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mooshoufunk

Yay!
Mandie-mo
Wut wut

Murasaki wrote: 

I like big butts and I can not lie.

[Feb 12, 2009 11:17:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mandagirl07 [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Figured I'd bump this with some information about what type of events I'll be holding on my oceans. Prizes are not transferable, since each ocean is receiving it's own celebration.

There will be holiday-related trivia and tournaments. I will also be delighted to join mates in portraits when not hosting a game. I also have a few specific games I'd like to try playing, depending on what mates seem to enjoy the most. If it turns out most of you would rather just chat, we'll do that :)

Haiku
Sharpen your pencils. I'm going to give you a word. You must use that specific word in a haiku that is either Valentine themed, or Anti-Valentine themed. I plan to post a thread for entries, but judging probably won't take place during the party itself, in order to allow more game playing.

Friend or Foe
We'll probably do a few short rounds of Friend or Foe. If you've never heard of the game, 2 contestants are offered the opportunity to split a prize purse. Each will secretly vote to either share it with the other contestant, or attempt to steal it all. If both vote share, they split the purse evenly. If one attempts to steal it all, and the other votes share, the one who voted to steal it gets the entire purse. If both vote to steal it, neither wins anything, they walk away empty handed. To prevent cheating, you won't know who the other contestant is until the voting is over. It's my kind of evil.

Screenshots?
If there is time, I might also link you mates to a few screenshots suitably themed, and award prizes based on games related. Comparing two images to determine what is different, locating a specific fact (such as where the screenshot was taken, for example), or something similar.

Hope to see you there!
Galene
(12:24:59 PM) Oceanus: Hahaha ur ded on teh grond
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Galene at Feb 14, 2009 3:53:33 AM]
[Feb 13, 2009 1:08:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Spyagent20

Thanks to all the OM's who led these events, they were very enjoyable!
Spyagent of Viridian
Retired
Resting in IC
[Feb 14, 2009 9:44:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

Thanks to all the OM's who led these events, they were very enjoyable!

QFT
IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Feb 15, 2009 8:09:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Aye, thank ye for it. Love seeing palace events.
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Feb 16, 2009 12:43:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates