• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 47
Posts: 47   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 36520 times and has 46 replies Next Thread
Dougerarg

[Entry Thread] Forge Us a New Weapons for the Game! -RELOADED- Reply to this Post

This is the place to post your entries! Please remember the entry format, and good luck!

Here is the Original Event Post

Entry Format:

[Name]
[Ocean] - [Ocean to Recieve Prize (for subscription players)]

[Sword Name]
[Created Image]

[Drop Pattern]
[Drop Pattern Explanation]

[Game-Approriateness Explanation]
[Link or Proof of Sword's Authenticity]

[Prize List Order Preference]

----------------------------------------
Scervy of Hunter
Omnis on Sage

Retired YPP player. Miss all my old pals from long ago
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dougerarg at Feb 1, 2009 8:00:24 AM]
[Feb 1, 2009 7:57:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mrtwistar

Re: [Entry Thread] Forge Us a New Weapons for the Game! -RELOADED- Reply to this Post

Sonicbang
Hunter

Samurai

Drop Pattern

I will fill in everything as I go along. I don't have the time atm. Also, could you help me out with turning it into a 30 by 58 graphic.
Kse/Instrumental/Bromance/Sonicbang

[Feb 3, 2009 8:37:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

Re: [Entry Thread] Forge Us a New Weapons for the Game! -RELOADED- Reply to this Post

Cire
Midnight - Malachite

Butter Knife

Drop Pattern Explanation
As you can see, the strong point of the Butter Knife is neither its strikes nor its sprinkles. Rather, the Butter Knife thrives on its ability to spread. The right half of the drop pattern contains only one color. This creates an optimal spreading area. This is where you would apply your butter or margarine. The left side of the pattern contains the other 3 colors aligned vertically. This is the place you want to concentrate on when making peanut butter and jelly, or anything else which involves multiple spreads.

Game Appropriateness
The Butter Knife is not only very appropriate for Yohoho, but it is the blade that has been most obviously missing over the years. Butter Knives would be appropriately found in every kitchen, inn, and captain's quarters. Any building that is able to keep fruit in the hold would be wise to keep one handy as well. The triple riveting ensures that it is a durable blade that will not decay too quickly.

Proof of Authenticity

Prize Preferences
Cleaver
Scimitar
Skull Dagger
Long Sword
Falchion
Rapier
Saber
Poniard
Cutlass
Dirk
Short sword
Stiletto
Stick
Foil
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by HiimEric2001 at Feb 7, 2009 7:39:31 PM]
[Feb 6, 2009 4:36:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bullzeye48

siyavash

OCEAN HUNTER

Calvary sword

i have a replica of the sword in this website

http://xxxthegamingguildxxx.webs.com/apps/photos/[/url]

and there's two pictures the big one is a zoom of the smaller one

and the

drop pattern is

(red red red red green green
red red red red green green
red red red red yellow yellow
red red red red yellow yellow

explanations:
the Calvary swords slash hit will make alot of blood (red!) knowing its made of steel and inside is pure gold and it is one of the worlds strongest weapons and most deadliest,

sorry im new to P.P and i don't know how to do the pictures and the explanations properly but i tried my best,
[Feb 7, 2009 4:10:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bullzeye48

and

forgot this

Cleaver
Scimitar
Skull Dagger
Long Sword
Falchion
Rapier
Saber
Poniard
Cutlass
Dirk
Short sword
Stiletto
Stick
Foil
[Feb 7, 2009 4:12:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wolfgang_II

Pirate Name: Mrteach
Ocean: Malachite

Sword Name: Khopesh

Drop Pattern:

Drop Pattern Explanation: The drop pattern is relatively simple although it looks rather deadly. It's mini sprinkles are pretty much rubbish, consisting of 2 colors. The solid red block in the middle as well as the solid block in the upper two corners adds a few weaknesses to its side and middle swords, and serve to offset the sword, making this swords true strength in it's middle left and middle right drops. The scattered yellows are there to offset the drop pattern and to add some dynamic to it.

Basically this is a pretty decent sword with a good drop pattern which could be deadly in the right hands but also extremely easy to beat when pitted against the right foe, thus making it well balanced.

Click here to see a small example of how this sword would work in game.

Game Appropriateness: This sword comes from the Egyptian/North African area of the world and thus would have been used by the same people that would sail Dhows, Baghlahs and Xebecs. I think we need another sword from that area of the world...like the scimitar.

Links to prove authenticity: Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Wikipedia: Khopesh

First place: 500,000 PoE and Saber

Second place: 50,000 PoE and Saber/Skull Dagger

Third place: 5,000 PoE and Saber/Skull Dagger/Falchion

For HM:
Saber
Skull dagger
Falchion
Scimitar
Cleaver
Cutlass
Long sword
Rapier
Poniard
Short sword
Dirk
Stiletto
Foil
Stick

Great contest and I look forward to seeing the results.

Edit 1: Added a more up to date picture of my sword, looks better.
Edit 2: Added a few more links and changed the drop pattern to more of a workable pattern.
Mrteach on that thar Viridian Ocean...Arrrrr!!!
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Wolfgang_II at Feb 18, 2009 7:07:55 AM]
[Feb 7, 2009 5:24:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alexus2005

Phatman
Malachite

Broadsword/Viking Sword

Pattern
The aim was to produce a pattern that closely resembles how a large two handed sword would be used. The broadsword has potential to be a devastating weapon, however a player would need to play with the drop pattern in mind. Small sprinkles are ineffective with this sword because of the monochrome base, as are large strikes because of the top of the pattern. The key is for average sized strikes, or a big sprinkle attack. The most effective attack would be a horizontal strike, creating a jumbled top sword edge like a stiletto.

The real life reasoning behind the pattern is weak blows would be, well, weak. While too large a hit would be too overpowering for the sword wielder.

In game
Vikings!

Links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadsword
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_sword
http://www.medieval-weaponry.co.uk/acatalog/AW5710MClose-viking-sword.jpg

Prizes
Cleaver
Scimitar
Skull Dagger
Falchion
Dirk
Rapier
Saber
Poniard
Cutlass
Long Sword
Short sword
Stiletto
Stick
Foil
Phatman

Only Malachite
[Feb 9, 2009 11:46:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Furygenesis

The Spatha Reply to this Post

Name-Furygenesis
Ocean-Malachite
Pattern: red red blue blue green green
red red blue blue green green
red red blue blue green green
yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow
yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow
Picture: http://armillum.com/tienda/images/DEEPEEKA/spathaIV.jpg Spatha Sorry I don't know how to add on images just view the link.
Description: The Spatha was a long and straight sword. It was used between Europe.
How it fits in:I think it is pretty good for puzzle pirates because the pirates were also in this area.
Weaknesses: This sword has a pretty nice combo. It doesn't really have any weaknesses unless you get a yellow breaker and not any of the top one's breaker color first.
Proof: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatha
List
500,000 Poe
50,000 Poe
5,000 Poe
Cleaver
Scimitar
Skull Dagger
Cutlass
Falchion
Rapier
Saber
Long Sword
Short Sword
Dirk
Stiletto
Poniard
Foil
Stick
Furygenesis of Malachite...
And soon to be back in Viridian :3
That's right I'm back after my account got deleted :D
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Furygenesis at Mar 1, 2009 6:58:47 PM]
[Feb 11, 2009 4:12:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
enigma23

[Name] - azulamante
[Ocean] - Malachite

[Sword Name] - kris
[Created Image]

(sorry cannot seem to add image - please just view using the link - thanks)

[Drop Pattern]

yellow green blue blue green yellow
green green yellow blue blue green

[Drop Pattern Explanation]

Since the kris is not a straight swrord (in wave like form) the drop pattern should also resemble the wave pattern of the sword

[Game-Approriateness Explanation]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris

[Link or Proof of Sword's Authenticity] http://www.oriental-weaponry.co.uk/acatalog/swords-filipino-region-functional.html

First place: 500,000 PoE

Second place: 50,000 PoE

Third place: 5,000 PoE

Swords in order

Cleaver
Scimitar
Skull Dagger
Falchion
Poniard
Dirk
Rapier
Saber
Cutlass
Azulamante on all Oceans
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enigma23 at Feb 18, 2009 7:43:55 PM]
[Feb 11, 2009 5:39:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Quitex,
Malachite.

Sword Name: Wakisashi (Imagine everyone calling it "waki" :P)

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8918/wakisashi300by570jq1.jpg <-- Full size image (300*580)

This sword would do a great addition to the game since it has some of the foil and some of the stick powers, but Since this one is an "upgraded" stick (made of wood and rope), the Wakisaki is not that good for mass sprinkles, since they would be the same as a foil: three big chunks of color. When big strikes, all colors make fused blocks (except for some blue and green) so it is great against sprinkling swords (as the Skull Dagger), however it is weak against striking swords (as the Falchion). The simplicity of the pattern makes it very weak generally, and not so good for sprinkling. However if a lot of horizontal swords are made, the player MUST get an specific color breaker to make a good clear since both of the edges of the sword are one color solid.

In-game usefulness: Thinking about it, we have sticks and they just stink. I am sick of stickfight tournaments, and having a million sticks in my booty panel. So, this sword could make an interesting twist and also add a usefulness to sticks: You deposit a stick (same as you deposit a portrait to be framed), plus some hemp and a iron handle (for esthetic purposes) and you can make a Wakisaki.

RL proof:
Link #1
Many people have speculated for a loooong time that we could get oriental or japanese ships. That would be cool, plus, we can have this sword be holded by the new BK that can come with those! :D

Prize list:

Scimitar
Falchion
Saber
Skull Dagger
Cleaver
Short sword
Cutlass
Dirk
Poniard
Rapier
Stiletto
Foil
Long Sword
Stick
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Feb 11, 2009 10:07:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
canonzelos

Kesia
Hunter
Katana

Drop pattern

'Why?!' You ask. 'Why THOSE droppings?'
The katana was designed to be quick to draw, hard to master but nimble. It was the first sword with the edge on the inside, so you could draw your sword and cut with one motion. In relation to puzzle pirates, it would mean that the attacks that would best suit a katana are small mixes of both strikes and sprinkles- a 'Quick' attack (Commonly known as the 'noobstrike'- a personal favourite, of course). The katana is not a powerhouse of a weapon (In fact, it was never used on it's own. Most often it was paired with a Wakizashi, to compliment it's easily breakable nature) , so larger strikes would be weaker (the drop pattern is considerably weaker at the top). You can see that if a large strike was placed in the second and third columns, the second column would consist of only two colours, and although a large strike would contain all four colours, it would predominantly only contain two, and nearer the top this pattern is weaker. In the 1/2 and 5/6 columns, it has predominantly one colour in the top two rows, making it a weak strike weapon. It isn't particularly good at sprinkles either, as it is a very long sword. Mass sprinkles would be relatively easy to break down the left and right, and then everything would fall into place. So, this sword is meant for mainly small attacks, for example a 2x6 and 3 lines of sprinkles- an opener you will often see me using! A side sword from the katana is very weak unless the side sword is 3 or more rows breadth (e.g. 6x3, 4x3) when the top two rows are easy to break, but the bottom layer is quite seperated. A side sword would be a good way of covering easily breakable sprinkles, so a large sprinkle followed by a side sword of that size would be devastating.
The first image is of a 2x6 with three lines of sprinkles. The second is of a 6x3 side sword.

But hey! We're pirates! Not ninjas!
The katana was fashioned in the late 14th century into the 15th century. At this time, piracy was rife around Europe with Vikings and other pirates. In fact, there was so much piracy that maritime trade almost ceased completely. However, in the later part of the 15th century, trade was booming, although there was still a large chance of being attacked by pirates. I believe, since I explained earlier that the Katana was designed for a quick draw and slash, pirates could easily have found this useful as a tool for boarding- a quick drawn sword to defend, or a surprise attack without giving the other pirate a chance to react.
In-game-wise, I believe that most of the swords currently in the game are either powerhouses or smaller, weaker swords. A katana is somewhere in the middle- nimble, but not too powerful- an elegant weapon.

LIES
Nope!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katana

I've been good this year!
1st place: Stick
2nd place: Stiletto
3rd place: Skull Dagger
4th place: Scimitar
5th.. you get the point: Falchion
Saber
Cleaver
Poniard
Long sword
Short sword
Foil
Dirk
Cutlass
Kesia, Hunter.

Keeping it real since 09

Sucking at stuff since 09.

Cronus tells ye, "Perhaps that's why I lov- hate her so."
[Edit 7 times, last edit by canonzelos at Feb 20, 2009 3:20:46 PM]
[Feb 14, 2009 2:58:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tuskiomi

tuskiomi

sage

Corinthian War Sword

here is the drop pattern

explanation:
the anchor doesn't have those hammer heads that is a glitch. :\. but anyway this sword isn't the quickest of things it was made for defence. the two iorn horns by the handle defend you wile you attack. a good balance of ofence and defence. this sword was used by the greek army during the corinthian war.as you can see it is hard to dig down when you get a big attack done.

Game-Appropriateness Explanation:
this sword is the main greek sword during the corinthian war between 395-387 BC they used the sword to pin, capture and sell back the prisoner. the wierd thing is they pirated on land AND boat for drowning or fighting warriors.

Link or Proof of Sword's Authenticity
wiki

Prize List Order Preference
1. 500,000 PoE (as listed)
2. 40 doublons (not listed)
3. 50,000

Prize List
Skull Dagger
Scimitar
Falchion
Stiletto
Short sword
Rapier
Saber
Cleaver
Poniard
Long sword
Stick
Foil
Dirk
Cutlass
[Feb 14, 2009 7:11:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MasterTalek

Lordtalek of the Hunter Ocean!

Sword: Side Sword

Drop Pattern:

Drop Pattern Explanation

The Side-Sword is a fairly balanced drop pattern colourwise. It is also fairly balanced for both sprinkle attacks and swords. This sword is very good for the sue of sprinkles because the bottom row is scrambled, and do not connect with each other. Swords because there are no sword combos [2x2] that can be made, but there is still quite alot of blocks that can break and the same time [Red]. This Sword is suggested mainly for those who sprinkle attack! Mainly, this sword as a good strong last rows which could trouble the opponent and is forceful againsts many swords, though can be weak against swords and large instas.

Game-Appropriateness Explanation

This sword is perfect for the game because, well we do have a backsword, why not a side-sword! Historically, this was war sword used by infantry, which would make a great sword for those beginning to learn to Sword Fight properly, and sooner become a greater master with a sword like the side sword. This sowrd also originated from Europe, just as many of the current in-game swords were and pirates are also from Europe :O This sword could be sued for many, MANY techniques that would be followed up to the Rapier. Meaning that, not only can this sword be useful for learning and mastering, its a great sword for learning how to handle a Rapier.

"Also of note, side-swords used in conjunction with bucklers became so popular that it caused the term swashbuckler to be coined. This word stems from the new fighting style of the side-sword and buckler which was filled with much "swashing and making a noise on the buckler".[4]" (I think that was a very excerpt from the wikipedia article which would make it very game appropiate.)

Link or Proof of Sword's Authenticity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Side-sword

Prize List

Skull Dagger
Scimitar
Falchion
Stiletto
Rapier
Cleaver
Poniard
Short sword
Saber
Long sword
Dirk
Cutlass
Foil
Stick
~Lordtalek of the Hunter Ocean
~Artorius of the Malachite Ocean

~Avatar by Ginseng of the Sage Ocean, now retired.
[Edit 5 times, last edit by MasterTalek at Feb 23, 2009 6:58:26 PM]
[Feb 14, 2009 6:05:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
volleygirl10

Name: Clarielle
Ocean: Hunter

Sword name: Macuahuitl (it's a mouthful, but I'm afraid the more catchy "Macana," a name I was considering, would be rather inaccurate)
Image:

Drop Pattern:

* I wan't sure how one is supposed to go about constructing a drop pattern as an image, so I just saved each individual block as an image file, moved them into a formation via Word, took a screenshot, and cropped it. It worked rather well, actually =)

Drop Pattern Description * :

The Macuahuitl was an Aztec sword consisting of a sharpened blade made of wood with obsidian (a sharp rock made from volcanic lava) shards along the sides. I designed it as a sword with a large and balanced drop pattern because it was described as "as large as a man" and was wielded with two hands, and had an equal number of obsidian shards on each side to make it easier to handle. From an aesthetic standpoint, I designed the two outermost columns to resemble the shape of the obsidian shards, with the red and blue in the center to mirror the center wood (fine, I realized that after I had crafted the drop pattern, but it still works =P.) From a gaming standpoint, it has strengths that would make it effective in the hands of a swordfighter who prefers to differ from the normal strategy; just as the Macuahuitl differs from your average european sword. Firstly, the razor sharp shards of obsidian at its sides and varied bottom rows of the strike pattern make for tricky light sprinkles and deadly large sprinkle attacks. Also, it is documented in Spanish explorers' records that the Macuahuitl has a charging side strike that had greusome aftereffects (no really- check the wiki ,) so its horizontal strikes come with a stilleto-esque shield and a slightly varied underbelly (per lack of a better term.) However, as one might guess, a sword with a wooden core isn't that effective at delivering large vertical blows, and the large strike pattern is second-rate at best, with practically monochrome rows throughout the inner blocks. It would fit well with the other swords in the game as there is a vacancy for a sword that appeals to a more strategic audience, and also there is no exeptional sword for a more inexperienced audience, and both could wield the Macuahuitl well (though the strategic would fare better, naturally.) To excel at using this sword, one would have to place strategic horizontal attacks and follow with small strikes and sprinkles. A player with the instakill or huge vertical sword method of swordfighting would not be a good match for this sword, as its large strikes are mediocre and it requires a more refined touch, despite its humble appearance. In addition, this sword would be a nice contrast to conventional swordfighting strategies that have developed. For example, when your "SaHmAsHaY sMaSh" opponent is busy building his 2x1,000,000 strikes, the skilled player would send smaller strikes with their nicely varied block pattern to fragment his strikes-from-heck in progress and sprinkles to fiddle with any pesky combos. If an insta is precariously placed, said player would send a shielded horizontal strike right over the top, or bury the opponents super-sword under a menacing coating of rainbow sprinkles (which sounds surprisingly like said player is making an ice cream sundae, though it would be an extremely MENACING ice cream sundae.) A pirate with less finesse will appreciate the excellent light and heavy sprinkle pattern along with capable small strikes. All in all, this sword is a very nice choice for the new pirate, who isn't adept at large strikes and prefers sprinkles and smaller block attacks. However, its full potential can be realized in the hands of an experienced swordfighter who relies on strategy and would gladly accept the challenge of wielding the Macuahuitl with deadly skill.

*I am drop-pattern challenged, so after about 30 mins of trying to grasp the concept, I typed the rant above, in hopes that it would be rather accurate. Once again, my apologies if I PHAILED miserably to grasp said concept =P

Game-Appropriateness:

We already see a number of Aztec-influenced items in the game, such as this , this , and this . My guess is that it would come from wherever those came from =P

Proof of Authenticity: Did you honestly think I could make up a name like Macuahuitl? I still have to look up the spelling every time I type it >.<*

* The wiki article refers to the Macuahuitl as both a sword and a club, but the original Spanish records, as well as the caption to the picture at the right of the article, refer to it as a sword, so I'm going to say its a sword. Also, the "Macana" from which it originated is classified as a sword though it is made of wood, and the Macuahuitl is basically that with obsidian stuck in it =P

Prize Preferances:
Cleaver
Scimitar
Skull Dagger
Falchion
Long Sword
Rapier
Saber
Poniard
Cutlass
Stiletto
Dirk
Short sword
Foil
Stick

Best of luck to all entries, I loved viewing all the cool swords everyone has come up with! ^.^
Clarielle (or just Clarie ;-)
O of Earthbound
on the loverly Hunter Ocean ^.^

Avvie by the amazingly talented Chiichan =D
[Edit 4 times, last edit by volleygirl10 at Feb 23, 2009 1:52:19 PM]
[Feb 15, 2009 6:48:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Legodude07

Legodudex
Hunter Ocean

Gladius:

Drop Pattern:

This swords advantages are with it's blue and green sprinkles. The Red along the sides will help the enemy make large strikes and same with the yellow in the middle

This sword was used by the Romans, who had some issues with pirates. It's not unlikely that a pirate could have aquired one of these swords off of a Roman Soldier.

Link or Proof of Sword's Authenticity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladius#Manufacture

Prize Choices:
Skull dagger
Falchion
Cleaver
Poniard
Saber
Scimitar
Long sword
Rapier
Cutlass
Stiletto
Dirk
Short sword
Foil
Stick
---------------------------------
Legodudex (Hunter)
Legodude (Cobalt)
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Legodude07 at Feb 15, 2009 7:47:40 PM]
[Feb 15, 2009 7:33:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Soap_Suds

Soapy
Malachite

Jian

When creating the drop pattern for the jian, I used the idea of a crossword puzzle for the base of the pattern. Like a crossword puzzle, the pattern is fairly balanced in both colors and shape formations, but has a few errors thrown in to provide a more challenging attack on the opponent. The jian's pattern was created in a way that, unlike the foil, does not immediately give you stackable patterns, but forces the opponent to get rid of some blocks to be able to stack others in that place, however the sword provides a base for the opponent to stack upon. The jian can be handled to provide a victory if you have gotten used to the drop pattern, but the same goes for the opponent.

With the new expansion of "foreign" ships, such as the xebec and baghlah, and clothes, such as the turban and viking helmet, it seems only fitting that we should expand into new varieties of weaponry as well. The jian would most likely be used by such brigand kings as Azarbad the Great and Barnabas the Pale, who's mythical-style appearances would fit in well with the jian. To put in in a context: the jian was the sword used by Keira Knightley in the third "Pirates of the Carribean" movie.
Link to Jian wikipedia page.

Falchion
Cleaver
Skull dagger
Poinard
Stiletto
Scimitar
Rapier
Cutlass
Long sword
Saber
Dirk
Short sword
Stick
Foil
[Feb 16, 2009 12:39:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sonicr1992

Entry Format:

Ultguns
Viridian

Battle Axe

Due to a battle axe having a sweep of an attack i decided to make it symmetrical along the lines that it was a rather wide area rather than wide and tall. The advantages of this sword is that it would be a great combo maker and would be easily broken in the two weak spots in the bottom corners. This is a good balance because it has a few sprinkles tossed in with a nice combo and you could give someone a hard time. If used correctly and by the proper technique and the proper sword fighter it could be a deadly addition to say someone who was a greenie and wanted a new sword or someone that was low on poe and didn't like the short sword.

Picture showing its strengths and weaknesses =)

Backround of why i picked this "sword" is simple becausel after the release of the longboats i always imagined pirates charging at you with battle axes and wearing furs. So i came across this forum and BAM I decided that i should put my limited photoshop skills to work. They were created for use in one hand and all game swords currently are with one hand so i thought i wouldn't stray too far from the game. In conclusion, this would be a great sword to add into the game and wouldnt be too hard to re-create to a higher resolution for the developers... Enjoy =)

Links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleaxe
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/battle-axe

Honorable Mentions List:
List:

Falchion
Cleaver
Skull dagger
Poniard
Scimitar
Saber
Cutlass
Dirk
Long sword
Rapier
Short sword
Stiletto
Foil
Stick
Prizes:

First place: 500,000 PoE and First Dibs on List

Second place: 50,000 PoE and Second Dibs on List

Third place: 5,000 PoE and Third Dibs on List.

Ultimately i am aiming high and would like the half a MILLION POE! haha but seriously.....
Sage- Adventures

Ultguns says, "dont i get a hug?"
Fireball says, "and i got"
Fireball says, "like nothing now"
Gaea says, "All right, hugs all round."
Gaea hugs Ultguns too.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Sonicr1992 at Mar 2, 2009 5:26:06 PM]
[Feb 16, 2009 4:44:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ovodepata

Pirate name: Ovodepata
Ocean: Viridian

Sword Name: Gladius Hispaniensis

Drop Pattern

Explanation:
The drop pattern follow the shape of the blade (red+yellow), the colors was mixed to make the sword dificult since as the real sword was used to cut and thrust.

Game Explanation
Is a wellknow Sword with great appeal, i think it will be very acceptable by players and the pattern makes it very usefull

Real Sword

Prize List:
Scimitar
Skull dagger
Cleaver
Falchion
Poniard
Saber
Rapier
Stiletto
Cutlass
Dirk
Long sword
Short sword
Foil
Stick
Oceanus greeter chats, "You guys are embarassing me again."

"The server will be rebooted in 30 minutes. Fixing Rogue Mark related bug and preventing all eggs from suddenly hatching into man-eating dinosaurs. Please remain calm.&quot
[Feb 17, 2009 2:54:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenthinks

Zod
Sage Ocean

Sword name: Sai

Drop Pattern:

Explanation:
One advantage of using the sai is in the use of its prongs to trap and possibly fracture your opponents blade. The drop pattern, done in the shape of the weapon itself, is both its strength and weakness. A little preplanning on the opponent's side could easily turn the drop pattern into a deadly double, but if not...trouble awaits.

Game Appropriateness:
A sai, widely known throughout Asia, could have been plundered on merchant ships (dhows, baghlahs, xebecs) by pirates while sailing the Mediterranean Sea.

Proof:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sai_(weapon)

Prize List Order Preference:
Cleaver
Falchion
Skull Dagger
Scimitar
Long Sword
Rapier
Saber
Poniard
Cutlass
Dirk
Short sword
Stiletto
Foil
Stick
Zod
- Senior Officer and First Mate in Aura on Sage
- Creator of the Crew Report on all oceans
[Feb 17, 2009 11:44:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Zod    SageZod    Zodchat [Link]  Go to top 
Jiskey

Rinchey
Ocean - Malachite

Khanda

Explanation
The drop pattern of the Khanda is balanced, with weakness and strong points.
The larger yellow block (2x4) can be bad when the enemy counterattack with a simple but strong combo, however, the whole pattern has only the middle as a weakness, the others parts are harder to clean and too small to do combos. The other strong point is the unique pattern.

Game-Approriateness
The Khanda maybe won't fit the game just because the name (but IDK what it means) or others reasons, but it was a indian weapon, and India was a dream of much navigators to reach it and bring/tell everything that was new. Piracy begin around 10th century and Khanda was only replaced in war on 13th century by another sword. Pirates were too on Indian Coast.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khanda_(sword)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/Rajput_Khanda.jpg

Sword Order Preferences

Cleaver
Scimitar
Falchion
Skull dagger
Saber
Dirk
Cutlass
Long sword
Poniard
Rapier
Short sword
Stiletto
Foil
Stick
From Hunter to Malachite
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jiskey at Mar 1, 2009 1:09:05 PM]
[Feb 17, 2009 1:40:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pard_Snyders

Nosferatu
Ocean - Malachite

Hand-And-A-Half Sword
(Bastard Sword)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/NosfuratuYPP/Hand-And-A-Halfsword.jpg
(Link, if the picture doesn't show)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/NosfuratuYPP/DropPattern.png
(Link, if the picture doesn't show)

Explanation
Designed as a heavier sword, useful for deafeating opponets in quick, but crushing blows. The drop pattern reflects this, being nearly useless for small ammounts of sprinkles, and smaller strikes do not bring much variety to the board. The sword as designed as a large slashing and stabbing weapon , and as a result, 1x4 or 2xn strikes are, while better than small ammounts of sprinkles, not the best choice for this sword. It's strength would be in 3xn vertical strikes, particularily longer ones where the shielding effect can take place. Mass sprinkles, like normal sprinkles, are not very effective, relevent to a slightly improved foil. It's design is to shield itself, and does so in multipule ways. Horizontal strikes are powerful with this sword as well, though it is not initally built to support them. It's greatest weakness would be a quick opponet who would disrupt preparations for it's crushing blows which cripple opponets. The drop pattern shown is for a blue/yellow sword, just as it is shown.

Game-Approriateness
The Hand-and-a-half sword is basically a larger version of the longsword, much like the longsword is a larger version of the shortsword. It is a European sword, much like the previous two stated, and simply expands upon already existant swords.

(Image of a true Hand-and-a-half sword.)
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/NosfuratuYPP/?action=view&current=towton-diagonal.jpg

(Additional proof of existance.)
http://www.reliks.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=1702&step=4

http://www.heavenlyswords.com/product.php?productid=16258

Prizes Preferences

Falchion
Scimitar
Skull dagger
Saber
Cleaver
Stick
Dirk
Cutlass
Short sword
Poniard
Rapier
Longsword
Stiletto
Foil

[Edit: Added aditional information on the sword.]
Nosfuratu of th' Sage Ocean.
Nosferatu of th' Malachite Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Pard_Snyders at Feb 17, 2009 4:44:40 PM]
[Feb 17, 2009 4:32:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cevobay

NAME: cevobay

OCEAN: Viridian

Name of the weapon: MACE

IMAGE:

Drop Pattern:

Drop pattern explanation : Mace is a strong weapon it is build for strong attacks. It is useful in creating big strikes and finishing the game quickly. It is very hard to clear the large strike attacks however it is not designed for small sprinkles. It is easier to clear small sprinkles than the large ones. And also the weakness of this weapon is it is rather easier to clean middle columns.

Game-appropriateness Explanation : This weapon can be used to smash the zombies in the jungle and can make the sword fight easier than any kind of swords.

Link or Proof :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mace_(club)

It is the well known weapon whole over the world. In middle ages it is used nearly whole over the world. Europeans , africans , asians even native south americans used this weapon. That s why mace should be in this game.

Here is some pictures: skull mace

ordinary one : http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/cevobay/macezip_thumbnail1jpgBF9B09F7-C1A3-.jpg

First place: 500,000 PoE

Second place: 50,000 PoE

Third place: 5,000 PoE

Falchion
Cleaver
Scimitar
Skull dagger
Saber
Dirk
Cutlass
Long sword
Poniard
Rapier
Stilleto
Short sword
Foil
Stick

And the mace takes place between falchion and cleaver =D
[Edit 1 times, last edit by cevobay at Feb 19, 2009 1:04:27 AM]
[Feb 18, 2009 5:39:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phamers

paco
Malachite

sword name: Claymore
image:

drop pattern:

drop pattern explanation:
The sword is made for making heavy strikes (it IS a heavy weapon), making small sprinkels will be useless with this sword because the lowest row is only made of 2 colors. Making a little bigger sprinkels is more usefull but still not quite good. But creating big combo's or breaking big bloks is real good with this sword because the upper and lowest row dont connect any color. wich makes this sword real good in heavy slashing

game-appropriateness explanation:
Since the game introduced some barbarian clothing and rumble weapons I still missed the barbarian sword. I think a claymore fits in the game perfectly as being the barbarian sword

link or proof of sword's authenticity:
http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/images/500940.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore

prizelist order preference:

ofcourse the poe of the 1,2,3 place
and swords ->

Cleaver
Falchion
Scimitar
Skull dagger
Long sword
Stilleto
Saber
Dirk
Cutlass
Poniard
Rapier
Short sword
stick
Foil
Holytacobar
[Feb 18, 2009 7:30:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clenito

Barbecul
Hunter Ocean

Sword Name : Flail

Drop Pattern :

Drop Pattern Explanation : The flail is a very heavy weapon, and as you can see in the picture, it's useless for small sprinkles, because the 1st row is similar to Stick's drop pattern. But if you make average sprinkles, the flail can be very efficient, because they are 4 different colours in 2nd and 3rd rows.

Game-Approriateness Explanation : The flail was a weapon used by Vikings, and since there are Vikings clothes, furnitures, (and even a Brigand King), I think it perfectly fits in the game.

Links : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flail_(weapon)

Prizes : 500k, 50k, 5k

Scimitar
Falchion
Cleaver
Skull Dagger
Saber
Rapier
Poniard
Dirk
Cutlass
Long Sword
Short Sword
Stiletto
Foil
Stick

PS : My explanations may be strange, but english is not my native language ;-)

Barbecul, on Emerald.

on Youtube

My trinkets
[Feb 18, 2009 9:57:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sibyl8

Pirate Name: Sibyl
Ocean: Sage

Sword Name: Boarding Axe

Drop Pattern:

Explanation:
This weapon is lighter than heavy swords, but heavier than weapons such as the rapier and the dirk. Due to this, it is mostly used for short, light strikes against an opponent. The drop pattern for the boarding axe is comprised of small groups or single blocks of colors. The green and red blocks resemble the weapon itself. The bottom two rows have all four colors, making it an excellent weapon for small sprinkles. The middle rows are slightly stronger if used as they are composed of only two colors. It excels in large sprinkle attacks as well as the middle rows are very mixed. This weapon is weak because it’s predictable. Colors will always be in the same position if used with large strikes as the axe does not have customizable colors. Due to this, the boarding axe may be used much more effectively in multiplayer swordfights as opposed to PvP. During PvP, players fighting a boarding axe can use well-placed breakers to defend against this weapon, making large chains to send those attacks back to the sender. Therefore, if used correctly with small or mass sprinkles, this could be a deadly weapon in multiplayer situations.

Game-Appropriateness:
This weapon would be excellent in-game as it will give a larger choice to players that excel in small and large sprinkle attacks over heavy strikes. The boarding axe should be fairly easy to come by and somewhat cheap to buy since its initial purpose was for working on ships and might be easily found and used during an impromptu battle against any opponent as well as the fact that it is unable to be customized. Boarding axes varied by culture so though they all had the same purpose, each had a slightly different look and feel.

Authenticity:

The boarding axe had the initial purpose of ship-working and damaging a boarded ship, but it was also often times used in battle since it was a readily available weapon.

Additional Links:
http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/weapons.htm
http://americanhistory.si.edu/militaryhistory/collection/object.asp?ID=72

Prize Preferences:
Cleaver
Skull Dagger
Scimitar
Falchion
Stilletto
Dirk
Rapier
Saber
Poniard
Cutlass
Long Sword
Short sword
Stick
Foil
Sibyl of Emerald
[Feb 18, 2009 5:41:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lldona

If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly. Reply to this Post

Vorkosigan
Viridian

Pugio

(Apologies for the... inelegant bit image. MS Paint is not my forte.)

History 'n Stuff (and a quote! Ooooooh.):

"A stroke with the edges, though made with ever so much force, seldom kills, .... On the contrary, a stab, though it penetrates but two inches, is generally fatal. ... the body is covered while a thrust is given, and the adversary receives the point before he sees the sword. This was the method of fighting principally used by the Romans ...." --Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus, 390 C.E.

The pugio is a Roman weapon, a side-arm that amounts to little more than a knife. The pugio was not intended as a primary weapon; rather, it was used as a backup weapon and perhaps as an offhand weapon in conjunction with a sword. The pugio is definitely not a heavy weapon; its strength lies in deadly stabs in quick fights --and perhaps as a utility knife (handy on a ship!)-- littering opponents with sprinkle attacks. The large blocks of color in the strike, however, are easily dealt with, making the pugio nearly useless if strike attacks are your forte.

The drop pattern is designed to resemble the sword itself, with some artistic license. The bottom two rows denote the hilt, which most likely would have been made of wood or horn covered in a thin sheet of iron (there's the artistic license-- I wanted it to look like bronze, so red/yellow= bronze, yellow/green= oxidization of the bronze). The blue blocks are placed to resemble the leaf-shaped blade.

Why Pirates Should Get To Have This Awesome Thing:

Romans were not exactly reknowned seafareres, making any Roman weapon a stretch as a piratical weapon. However, there is evidence that this knife was used throughout the ages. Given the spread of the Roman Empire at its height, it's not inconceivable that the knife spread into other cultures. Its size makes it something that could be useful as a utility knife along with it's combat usage, another reason that a pirate might like to have it. That... and its pretty. What pirate doesn't like a pretty thing, hmm?

Yes, It's A Real Sword:

Wikipedia entry for Pugio
Reference.com: Pugio
Roman Offensive Weapons: The Dagger/Pugio
The Roman Art of War in Caesar's Time

Pretties In The Order I Want:

Skull dagger
Saber
Cleaver
Rapier
Falchion
Rapier
Poniard
Scimitar
Long sword
Stiletto
Cutlass
Short sword
Dirk
Foil
Stick

[Feb 18, 2009 9:01:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Johnysand

"Deegon"
Viridian Ocean

FLAMBARD

Drop Pattern:

Drop Pattern Explanation:

The Flambard is a very unique sword owing to the fact that the blade is not straight rather having a wave-like appearance. The drop pattern for this sword reflects the shape of the blade to some extent by the small "waves" on the top and bottom. Even though this pattern seems slightly clustered because of this, it is by no means an undemanding pattern to defend against. Because the drop pattern is 5 blocks high, strikes taller than 5 blocks will repeat using the top four blocks. This makes large strikes very awkward to get rid. Strikes sent on the furthest sides are relatively efficient attacks as they are challenging to get rid of; however, although difficult, if a player mastered the techniques necessary to deliver strikes down the center columns the attacks would be tremendously difficult to break. Thus, attacking with large strikes using the Flambard is a very efficient tactic . Small attacks under 5 blocks high present themselves as relatively easy to break but players who like to stack big blocks will find that the Flambard is a very formidable weapon.

Just as attacking with large, vertical blocks is an effective strategy; the same is with horizontal attacks. The Flambard's drop pattern is set so that all the colors of small horizontal attacks are possible to access with a breaker but as a general rule, the larger the horizontal attack the more difficult it is to break. The colors are exposed in small attacks but large attacks pile single colors upon single colors in a way that requires tedious breaking. Layering large, horizontal attacks may be an even better attack than large, vertical attacks. The large horizontal attacks have the colors much more layered whereas the smaller horizontal attacks are clustered and exposed. So again it is apparent that when using the Flambard, the bigger the better!

Though large breaks are very effective both horizontally and vertically, it would be very unwise for players using the Flambard to utilize sprinkling techniques. Because only the bottom two rows are repeated, this sets the attack in such a way that the defender can clear the majority of any decent sized sprinkle attack with only a couple of breakers. Players who consider themselves to sprinkle on a regular basis would find the Flambard to be a very difficult sword to get far with. Although, it should be noted that though sprinkles are very easy to clear, the center columns present a challenge to break. This has some potential be to an advantage if the sprinkle is exceptionally large but it would only pose an immediate threat. Once the sides have been cleared on a large sprinkle, the centers will line themselves up to form long chains that could be easily broken. Thus sprinkle attacks would be easy to rebound. Players who can successfully utilize large and medium-large blocks in attacking will be very successful with the Flambard. However, a player must be very careful how and when they use sprinkle attacks, as they can very easily backfire. Once a player has mastered the block pattern of the Flambard they will likely find it to be a relatively advantageous sword.

Game-Appropriateness Explanation:

The Flambard is a very unique sword and unlike any other sword in Puzzle Pirates. Because of its "fantastical" and flamboyant appearance it might be something you'd find a Dragoon wielding. Although personally I would find this particular blade a blast just to show off. Such a blade would make an excellent "rare-item" only attainable from a treasure chest in Atlantis. Its exotic rarity would make the beholder just as popular as a familiar owner but it would still actually be useful beyond aesthetic purposes.

The Flambard is a sword that has an undulating style of blade. It originated during the 16th century.

Prizes:

Falchion
Cleaver
Scimitar
Long sword
Short sword
Rapier
Saber
Dirk
Cutlass
Skull dagger
Poniard
Stiletto
Foil
Stick

[Edit 4 times, last edit by Johnysand at Feb 23, 2009 6:15:25 PM]
[Feb 21, 2009 10:00:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
arisnes

Anyone,

Malachite Ocean,

Old Viking Sword

Explanation:
Viking swords were used by vikings and were strengthened with fullers in the middle: a small gull to strengthen te steel.
These fullers are expecially in the upperst part of the blade, and therefor in my pattern, you can see that in the middle, upper part, the pattern is quite mixed, for an agressive and hard to break attack if an long sword lands in the middle. However short swords in the middle and long swords in the side are much easier to brake due the condition that is an old blade, so not very sharp.
Short swords on the side are effective.
Compared with the other available swords, this sword have a very effective sprinkle technic, especially in combination with short swords. But if ya use this with long swords, they will help your oppenent.
The best use of this swords is give much, small attacks: this will smash your oppenent out.

Summary: the sword is very useful with defending.

Game-Approriateness:

The Viking sword was used by vikings, and vikings were pirates. So it's a good way to introduce this sword, especially recommended for new players, because they can defend themselves better. New players give most times short swords, and some sprinkles, so this can be useful for them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_sword

Prizes:

Skull dagger
Saber
Cleaver
Rapier
Falchion
Rapier
Poniard
Scimitar
Long sword
Stiletto
Cutlass
Short sword
Dirk
Foil
Stick
[Feb 23, 2009 1:21:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kostitar

Pirate name: Glassmonkey
Ocean: Sage

Sword name: Puukko
And the sword itself:

Drop pattern:

Something to say about the drop pattern:
Drop pattern of this sword looks horrible at first peek - big clumps of one color on both sides with only one block in different on the row 4. The middle columns create a zig-zag pattern with the other two colors. The pattern has similarities in general with a foil or a stick, but is not as simple and therefore shouldn't be judged to be terrible without careful examination first.

For sprinkles, the side columns will produce easily clearable areas, and with mass sprinkles, puukko will give big fused blocks to your opponent, which will lead into easy opportunities to attack you back very severely (compare to a stick and it's drop pattern's sides). However, the scramble in the middle columns can make your enemy's board nastily messed up and difficult to clear, at least combined with some luck. Perhaps the biggest advantage when considering sprinkling with this sword is the fact that the pattern contains all four colors even on the first row, thus increasing the difficulty level.

When it comes to the strikes, puukko is a double-edged sword, so to say. The big bunches of one color on both sides are definitely the biggest disadvantages of it, since simple vertical 1x4s and 2x3s can be totally one-colored. The drop pattern isn't hopeless though - with big vertical 3xN strikes there would always be the middle columns' scramble included, and with talent, even the 2xN strikes could contain only them. Eventhough the lone odd blocks on row 4 seem to increase the difficulty level and look like they would be mixing the pattern even more, they might actually turn against the defender. Take example a 3x8 with the presented pattern, dropped in column 1 - there's red and yellow taking turns on the right side, and then a big bunch of blue on left, with two green blocks on rows 4 and 8. With luck, your opponent could place a blue breaker clearing the two 2x3 blue solidified blocks and combo with a green breaker those two odd green blocks - but do consider, that it would take more than that for your opponent to clear the red and yellows anyway. For vertical strikes, if one could make 3xNs and/or smaller ones that have the middle columns pattern included, puukko might prove itself worth of it, eventhough it should be somewhat constant and preferrably contain combos.

Horizontal strikes differ from vertical ones, especially with this sword that has terrible sides on it's drop pattern, and therefore will always have the weakest link on them. For example, a 4x3 horizontal strike from the left with this sword would consist two rows almost totally green. This would give again ready-made fused block of green to your opponent that could lead into counter attack, especially with a luck getting a green breaker on the right spot. However, it would also land the mix-match of red and yellow to the attacking screen, possibly creating nice jam underneath. Considering the horizontal strikes with puukko, they always contain the one-colored chunk on them, but luckily with bigger attacks also the odd blocks of other colors - making it therefore both usable and horrible.

Using this sword for mostly sprinkling, be it massive or minor ones, is risky business and should be done only by professional sprinklers who can constantly create big attacks. It is more likely much better at strikes, especially with medium and bigger vertical ones. For horizontal strikes some knowledge and experience as well the ability to either build them big enough or constantly send attacks of medium ones combined with sprinkles will make this one effective.

Overall, puukko isn't a sword that's really lethal or even difficult to beat at all, but in hands of an experienced pirate who is familiar with it and has the time and energy to put it in good use, it's advantages will overcome the weaknesses of it.

Why would it fit into the game now:
Since puukko has been in the past considered more of a tool rather than a weapon, this one could be found from the arsenal of the npps at the inns and around islands - after all, we haven't exactly seen them setting sail but spending their time with the dull chores of bots, such as inscribing their initials on the parlor tables and pulling pranks on innocent pirates by cutting the ropes that tie their ships onto the docks - and to success on these, they need something exactly like puukko. Besides, aren't they the only ones who don't have special swords designed for them yet?

Proofs of the authenticity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puukko

1:500 000 poes
2:50 000 poes
3:5000 poes
4:Skull dagger
5:Cleaver
6:Scimitar
7:Falchion
8:Saber
9:Cutlass
10:Poniard
11:Rapier
12:Long sword
13:Stiletto
14:Short sword
15:Dirk
16:Foil
17:Stick
[Feb 23, 2009 5:09:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xeitgeist

Xeitgeist of Cerulean

Sorwad of Powa

drop pattern:

Proof of Authenticity:

Historical reference

Image of the sword in action

Usability and Drop pattern explanation:

The Sorwad of Powa is a very powerful sword that has a very formidable strike and sprinkle pattern - that in the form of boulders. These boulders drop on their opponents once a simple combo is set off and can make for very easy instakills. This is possible due to the significant size difference of the Sorwad of Powa from the rest of the existing swords. Once positioned correctly and struck deep into the earth, boulders fall onto the enemy's head and it requires 4 turns for the boulders to turn to regular pieces.

The only setback to this sword is its rarity - similar to the bone bludgeons given away by skellies. It still is sought after however, due to the fact that the sword also has attributes that are much like the cursed chalice that one can get from the Cursed Isles. It is said that "fabulous secret powers will be revealed" to the owner of the sword once the s3krit phrase "By teh powa of teh Gray Skull!" is shouted in greeter chat. The known fabulous secret powers so far are getting a malacat, turning supah muscular in a matter of 2 seconds and getting tells of "u b my bf/gf?" every 0.5 seconds. Other powers are yet to be discovered.

It is considered to be the Ultamut sword forged from the sweat and tears of greenies and the foiled ban pl0xorz of banninated pirats. k.

In-game relevance: Bounties from Titans

-__-

She-ra! She -ra! She ra! Rah! Rah! Rah!
xeitgeist of purdywinkle oshun iz tired
i tumble around heer
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Xeitgeist at Feb 25, 2009 12:55:25 AM]
[Feb 25, 2009 12:41:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://bisdakbytes.tumblr.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 47   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates