• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 1938
Posts: 1938   Pages: 65   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 145746 times and has 1937 replies Next Thread
Fizz

Easter eggs render testing thread Reply to this Post

Apollo wrote: 
I'm having surgery next week, and will be out of action for two weeks at least. If you are likely to need to contact me very soon, please do so by Sunday 1st February at the latest, so that I have a chance to respond to you before I go into hospital. I will update this post with the people who will be responsible for various things from February 2nd through February 17th.

• Easter Eggs: will start when I'm back

*bounces*

With that little announcement, it got me thinking.. what was the name of that program that is used to render the designs into eggs?

note to Apollo: Get well soon! <333

EDIT:
Woot Egg Rendering season is here! Please if you are going to have your eggs test rendered, below is a small request:

Nordenx wrote: 
A REQUEST

To speed up rendering and make it easier for us, please follow this file naming convention:

Yourname-Eggname#_skin.png

• change Yourname to your forum or character name.
  • replace Eggname with the name you call your egg.
  • # being the copy/version number. ie. 01, 02, 03, etc.
  • you don't have to do anything to _skin.png
  • after render we can easily remove the _skin indicator and save it as Yourname-Eggname#.png

Doing this considerably skips a couple of steps that we have to do while downloading your file into my max folder.

----------------------------------------
Fizz -- RETIRED Senior Officer of Phoenix Warriors, Lady of Tyrs Own
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Fizz at Feb 19, 2009 12:01:14 PM]
[Jan 26, 2009 11:58:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starsapphire

Re: Easter Eggs are coming ~ in a few weeks! Reply to this Post

Whee!!!

Happy happy egg time! I would also be curious as to that free trial program used for the renders.

Hope everything works out for our lovable sun god!
Falmari on all Oceans

In water they had great delight, and those that came at last to the western shores were enamoured of the sea.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by starsapphire at Jan 26, 2009 1:29:45 PM]
[Jan 26, 2009 1:27:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharktailz

3D Studio Max 7, was it?

Ack, surgery?! That's no fun. I hope all goes well, Apollo :)
Sharktail, Sage. Avatar by Phillite!

Laptop done broked'd! PM me if you need anything.
[Jan 26, 2009 2:02:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://twitter.com/SharktailYPP [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Since I had already used my my 30 day free trial a couple years ago (and on a different computer) would you know how it determines who has already used the 30 day trial? I wonder if having a new computer it would make a difference.
[Jan 26, 2009 2:10:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I don't know, but I also used my 30 trial 2 years ago, and I just got a new PC last month ... so I was hoping to find out as well!
Dexla d'Midnight
[Jan 26, 2009 8:50:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
theonlyone76

I don't know, but I also used my 30 trial 2 years ago, and I just got a new PC last month ... so I was hoping to find out as well!

Buy 50 dubs and dub scribe!!
Uno (Theonlyuno for those of you who don't know me)

*Chasing Honey like Winnie the Pooh

[Jan 26, 2009 9:04:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Buy 50 dubs and dub scribe!!

Dub scribe for what?
[Jan 26, 2009 9:12:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inkburrow

I'm so excited!!! I've been mulling over ideas for a year. I haven't thought of anything good but it has been fun to mull =D
Queasy, Viridian
I live in my own little world. It's okay; they know me here.
[Jan 27, 2009 7:44:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Hee! Glad everyone's excited - I figured the question might be asked within the next two or three weeks, so I decided to put in the semi-spoiler!
[Jan 28, 2009 6:55:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Good luck with the surgery Apollo, I hope the new brain serves you as well as the old one :)
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Jan 29, 2009 7:02:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
XEcastasy

Apollo wrote: 
I'm having surgery next week, and will be out of action for two weeks at least. If you are likely to need to contact me very soon, please do so by Sunday 1st February at the latest, so that I have a chance to respond to you before I go into hospital. I will update this post with the people who will be responsible for various things from February 2nd through February 17th.

• Easter Eggs: will start when I'm back

*bounces*

With that little announcement, it got me thinking.. what was the name of that program that is used to render the designs into eggs?

note to Apollo: Get well soon! <333

Oh em gee :( I'm not much of a forum digger, just sneak peaks a few places here and there, so i dunno where fizz got that from but T___T I wish you the best Apollo and a safe and happy recovery.
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

[Jan 31, 2009 5:49:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Thank you. I really appreciate all the good wishes. :)
[Jan 31, 2009 11:57:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Since I had already used my my 30 day free trial a couple years ago (and on a different computer) would you know how it determines who has already used the 30 day trial? I wonder if having a new computer it would make a difference.

My wondering days are over. I downloaded the program at Autodesk 3ds Max, installed and now I have the 30 day trial going right now.

Question for you Autodesk 3ds Max experts... I have opened it, and then opened the SimpleEgg2.max file (yes.. it said there were some errors or something, and that I need to save it in the updated version, so I did).... now I am having a hard time remembering how to get my design into the program. Anyone remember?
[Feb 12, 2009 1:30:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

Mmm... Eggs. I'm on board for rendering duties again this year, for as long as I'm able.

Fizz, you need to go to the Materials panel (the "m" key is the shortcut), look for the material that is being applied to the egg (it will have grey or white corners on the little box around the colored sphere), and select that. Look for the "bitmap" field and change that to point to your design.

Um... if that doesn't make sense, I've probably still got a tutorial around here somewhere. Perhaps I should revisit it for 2009.

Edit: One more thing to note, the free edge detection thing that gives the nice outline around the egg only works with 3DS Max 7. If you want it in something newer, you've got to pay a hefty chunk of change. That's why I made a mask for the "final" renders so that we can just use whichever version we have handy. :D
Silveransom
makes art like this or this &
Blender Eggs!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by SilveRansom at Feb 12, 2009 4:01:51 PM]
[Feb 12, 2009 3:55:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Thanks Silver.. I will work with that. Where do I get the mask for the outline? I don't remember where I put that on my computer from last time.
[Feb 12, 2009 4:08:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

I've got it around here somewhere. I'll dig it up and post it here, and maybe write up a new tutorial when I can carve out the time. The mask only works for the 48.6 camera render. (The little tiny egg.)

(Hitting F10 gets you the Render Options menu, check at the bottom to make sure that the renderer is using the 48.6 camera if you want the "official" render size.)
Silveransom
Blender Eggs!
[Feb 12, 2009 4:14:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

OK, then. Here is the outline file that I made last year. I put it on the top layer in Photoshop and set the layer blending mode to Multiply (Darken doesn't quite do the same thing). I'm not sure what the analogue is in GIMP, so maybe I'll have to tinker with that a bit. In the meantime, this is meant to fit in the "official" egg graphic size of 35 pixels wide, 42 pixels tall.

The render from Max and the 48.6 camera is huge by comparison (640x480, if I remember correctly), but the egg itself that it renders should fit nicely within that 35x42. (It's just a tiny egg in the middle of the render.)

If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll see what else I might be able to do.
Silveransom
Blender Eggs!
[Feb 12, 2009 9:58:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Okay.. I am having an issue I know I dealt with before, but can't seem to remember how I solved it.

When I render an egg, it shows in a big screen with the egg being the right size.. how can i get the render screen to 35x42 so that I can plop it onto the outline?
[Feb 17, 2009 2:36:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

Just render the 48.6 camera egg and then crop it down in GIMP or Photoshop. ;)
Silveransom
Blender Eggs!
[Feb 17, 2009 5:13:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

Ok, so, could someone test these out for me?

Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Edit 1 times, last edit by senorita_esp at Feb 18, 2009 5:50:15 AM]
[Feb 18, 2009 5:31:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Chocorose: (what ocean do you play on?)

[Feb 18, 2009 6:10:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Double posting:

Just a note/request from days past:

Nordenx wrote: 
A REQUEST

To speed up rendering and make it easier for us, please follow this file naming convention:

Yourname-Eggname#_skin.png

• change Yourname to your forum or character name.
  • replace Eggname with the name you call your egg.
  • # being the copy/version number. ie. 01, 02, 03, etc.
  • you don't have to do anything to _skin.png
  • after render we can easily remove the _skin indicator and save it as Yourname-Eggname#.png

Doing this considerably skips a couple of steps that we have to do while downloading your file into my max folder.

[Feb 18, 2009 8:55:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pixie_Jamila

I have a few in the works and these two are my best so far but I know they need more work.

Elvina of Midnight
Senior Officer of Phoenix Warriors
Lady of Tyr's Own

[Feb 18, 2009 9:02:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

Chocorose: (what ocean do you play on?)

Mostly on Cobalt when I'm subbed, but I'm not subbed at the moment so mostly the forums!

And thank you :)

Edit: let's try this...
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Edit 1 times, last edit by senorita_esp at Feb 18, 2009 11:17:49 AM]
[Feb 18, 2009 9:57:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharktailz

Re: Easter eggs render testing thread Reply to this Post

Bah, what the heck. Let's give this a try.

[Feb 18, 2009 11:07:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://twitter.com/SharktailYPP [Link]  Go to top 
merethif

So, I've notice that the title of this thread had been changed - I guess it is now a place where one can use some help from 3D wizards, isn't it? Or should I post my design str8 in the contest entry thread? I would be really grateful if someone could test those two designs:

Merethif of Viridian Ocean
Novice/Able at Poker and proud of it!
Vacation avatar by Empanado
[Feb 18, 2009 11:59:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharktailz

I'm having difficulties getting that ingame-like outline onto the eggs - I'll update these designs and give you a heads-up when I iron out the kinks :)

[Feb 18, 2009 12:28:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://twitter.com/SharktailYPP [Link]  Go to top 
Fizz

Chocorose:

Elvina:

Sharktail:

Merethif:

Edit: forgot to say.. thank you thank you thank you to everyone for taking on the naming scheme!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fizz at Feb 18, 2009 12:35:55 PM]
[Feb 18, 2009 12:35:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

Could someone render these for me? thanks!

JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Feb 18, 2009 1:47:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Sharktailz

Jainasolo, order up!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sharktailz at Feb 18, 2009 2:06:20 PM]
[Feb 18, 2009 2:05:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://twitter.com/SharktailYPP [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1938   Pages: 65   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates