• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5790 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Cleaver
Captain

Great Piratey Contests: 29th December 3pm PST

Hear ye! On the 29th of December in the year of 2002 at the hour of Three on the coasts of the Pacific Ocean, we bring ye the first great Pirate Tournaments of Alpha Island.

Events shall include:

- Sea Races for the different classes of ships.
- Sea Battles between Crews to establish Crew notoriety. Who shall be Dread Pirates?
- Puzzle Challenges in Swordfighting and Drinking.
- Pirate Fashion Show and awards for Best-dressed Pirate King and Queen
- Whatever else we can think of.

Prizes shall be many and fabulously valuable, most notably the rarely-seen 'familiars': the Octopus (not squid, I'm afraid, Ramirez), the Parrot, and the Monkey. Many a Pirate has asked, begged, cajouled and even threatened for one of these prized beasts. Well, now is yer (only, until the next tournament) chance.

Feel free to post yer bragging (Ramirez is so big-headed that he needs his own thread) and suggestions below. Arrr!

-- Captain C.
[Dec 18, 2002 4:01:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

Re: Great Piratey Contests: 29th December 3pm PST

Alas! I fear Duncan and myself may not be in attendence. We will try, but can make no promises. (We'll be away for the Christmas Holiday)

But I hope all ye Dastards out there are ready to show em what we're made of. (and maybe engage in some HOT pirate on pirate action. ) who came up with that, anyway? I love that phrase.
----------------------------------------
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[Dec 18, 2002 12:24:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
AvaPoet

Pet Octopus?

Monkey and Parrot familiars I can understand, but Octopi?

Do you have to keep it in a glass bowl?

Apart from the status symbol (obviously), what use is a familiar? (not that having no use for one will stop me from participating in some good old-fashioned combat!)

Am looking forward to a *real* swordfighting challenge. I beat a NPP ranked "Ultimate" the other day; I'm practicing... think you're good? I'll see you on the day, then!
Ava
[Dec 19, 2002 1:32:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.avangel.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

I have to admit my vote was teetering between the swordfighting and fashion contests... tho the seabattles will be mightily fun too. will we be doing the whole chase and catch thing or just competing with the swords between crews?
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[Dec 19, 2002 2:04:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
Cryptic

Arrr... I'm almost back from the dead and don't forget I have a vast warehouse of clothing goods if you're looking for that perfect outfit...
Cryptic

When the fell moon rises and kingdoms fall
There's a time of darkness before cock's call
When the Tide washes in from windward to lee
And she leaves behind her a blood-red sea
[Dec 19, 2002 12:27:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Re: Pet Octopus?

AvaPoet wrote: 
Monkey and Parrot familiars I can understand, but Octopi? Do you have to keep it in a glass bowl?

An octopus is a very good pet -- very clever, and very aggressive when challenged. Quite the fighter. These are specially bred octopi that can breathe the free air at Sea.

what use is a familiar? (not that having no use for one will stop me from participating in some good old-fashioned combat!)

Ye will have to find out when ye wins one.

Arrr!
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Arrrr I shall most likely be bringing me own vicious pet, my wife Harrrrrr!!!
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Dec 27, 2002 9:05:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ratdog23

Someday, I shall have me a pet cephalopod.

Someday.
"I'm as good a braggart as I am a swordsman, if not a wee bit more." - Ratdog
[Jan 9, 2003 6:47:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jacada

BUMP

Muhahahahaha
Go away phool
Brenon said:

that was very rud of you to post a issues like that next time you say eny thing bad agian i am callng the seamasters on you

Active once again!
[May 29, 2006 3:57:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

BUMP

Muhahahahaha

The joke wore thin the first time.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[May 29, 2006 6:22:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
EvilAurian

please, don't.

just don't

it's not even CLOSE to funny.
Evilaurian
[May 29, 2006 7:02:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheUnderlord

At least it wasn't lpmike this time.
for (int i = 1; i > 0; i++) {
postcount++;
}
Avatar by the überawesome Kingpriam
[May 29, 2006 3:34:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cloakdeath

At least it wasn't lpmike this time.

Please don't provoke him.
Cloak'

~Chief Art Director of Blended Sky~
[May 31, 2006 11:15:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newgrounds.com    Cloakdeath [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates