• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 2646
Posts: 2646   Pages: 89   [ First Page | Previous Page | 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 318131 times and has 2645 replies Next Thread
iamjinx

Re: Jinxed Idol

Just tossing my two cents out here on this..

I got my Jinxed Idol like this >

Was playing poker on my main character as I folded my hand, I accidentally closed ypp when switching to another window. I decided to log back in on my alt character to check shops and I got the Idol on the alt at log in.

Could it be a reference to the (Jinxed Idol) that just happened to be a card in the game Magic the gathering? Playing cards and then getting the trophy made me think about this card..

Who knows what it's truely given for at this point..
----------------------------------------
Jinkusu "The Wicked"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by iamjinx at Oct 12, 2009 5:34:15 PM]
[Oct 12, 2009 5:33:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Frequently+Used [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

Re: Iron Pump

There is a page with a good deal of what has been posted on these. Please look back in this thread for any of my links to it. Please note that it does require updating.

Thanks - found it very quickly via a wiki search in in the User space. Here's the link for anyone else who needs it:
Entharion/Iron_Trophies_Data
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links
[Oct 12, 2009 5:39:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sv3n

In regards to the iron/steel trophies, I was in a cade on sage, here are some details:

Carped for 3 rounds.
Sunk twice, only missed pay once.
Was around the top of the DR most of the time, with a mix of Exc and Increds.
Oh and I was usually top carp tokens. (are tokens relevant?)

That's all I really remember, hope it helps (though it probably won't).
Deepseas on Viridian. Yeasayer elsewhere.
[Oct 17, 2009 7:31:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angara

In regards to the iron/steel trophies, I was in a cade on sage, here are some details:

Carped for 3 rounds.
Sunk twice, only missed pay once.
Was around the top of the DR most of the time, with a mix of Exc and Increds.
Oh and I was usually top carp tokens. (are tokens relevant?)

That's all I really remember, hope it helps (though it probably won't).

Would help more if you posted if you got a trophy or not...
Angara
Senior Officer of White Rose
Blood and Roses
Midnight
~ Blowfish collector ~
OOO: More love to flotillas, please!
[Oct 17, 2009 8:21:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sv3n

Oh sorry, no I didn't get it :S
Deepseas on Viridian. Yeasayer elsewhere.
[Oct 17, 2009 6:32:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zeplin411

Are you a member of the flag or crew that was either attacking or defending the island?
Miget
Captain of Sealords Armada
Queen of Imperial Rednecks

Castor tells ye, "Ahoy mate. Did ye want the name "Awesome"? (That will run ye 12 shanghais)
A drunk moment with a flaggie saying "awesome"
[Oct 17, 2009 9:00:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

Are you a member of the flag or crew that was either attacking or defending the island?

I'm pretty sure I already established that it's not necessary to be a member of a blockade participant's flag or crew to get the trophy.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Oct 18, 2009 12:38:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ikketje

Re: Iron Coils

Ye did not duty enough yet to get paid.
Ye have been awarded the Iron Coils!

Details:
Awarded at the end of the blockade.
Non-sinking blockade.
R1, I lazed 2 or 3 segments, "sunk", rigged one segment, "sunk"
R2, rigging full round
R3, rigging 4/5 round

Mostly high excellents, few incredibles

Lots of tokens, like this :o (not that I think tokens are involved, but haven't been keeping up with this thread lately).

Did I forget something?
Ikke on Meridian and Emerald
Veerle on Cerulean

Lucindiia tells ye, "Billions of blue blistering barnacles! yer real! i was starting to wonder if you were a bot put into the game just to make people work harder"
[Oct 18, 2009 2:01:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
auron71

Is top of a particular station for each DR you appear in still plausible?
Also is all excellent+ a possibility?
Seymour of viridian
[Oct 18, 2009 3:02:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ikketje

I wasn't top every DR during that particular blockade.
Veerle on Cerulean

Lucindiia tells ye, "Billions of blue blistering barnacles! yer real! i was starting to wonder if you were a bot put into the game just to make people work harder"
[Oct 18, 2009 3:08:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
auron71

I wasn't top every DR during that particular blockade.

So every top DR in the whole time can be ruled out.
it could still be all excellents / incredibles through a cade / round

doing 1 round? all excellent / incred = iron
doing all excellent / incred for 10? 50? rounds = steel?
Seymour of viridian
[Oct 19, 2009 6:12:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ikketje

So referring to my previous post a few up, I was a bit surprised to get the Iron trophy on that blockade, because (yeah, I haven't followed the discussion on this for quiet a while, sorry) it was a nonsinking blockade and because I didn't puzzle the whole time. I thought those were part of the triggers.

So after my surprise at getting it, I looked back at some blockades from 2 weeks ago where I kinda hoped, expected to get one of these trophy's, but didn't.

Hope the following could help someone who's more up-to-date on the whole matter.

October 3rd, BK blockade on Midnight

From my chatlogs:

[21:00:17] Guava Island is now blockaded!
[21:00:23] This vessel is sailing under a blockade job offer: splitting an average of 200 pieces of eight per segment per pirate according to 'Performance/Even'.
[21:09:14] Ye did not duty enough yet to get paid.
[21:19:12] Ye were paid 221 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[21:29:05] Ye were paid 222 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[21:38:58] Ye were paid 238 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[21:48:50] Ye were paid 243 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.

[22:12:46] Ye were paid 228 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[22:22:34] Ye were paid 244 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[22:32:24] Ye were paid 242 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[22:42:21] Ye were paid 233 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[22:52:18] Ye were paid 233 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.

[23:16:13] Ye were paid 223 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[23:26:03] Ye were paid 220 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[23:35:49] Ye were paid 241 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[23:45:45] Ye were paid 246 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[23:55:41] Ye were paid 228 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[23:56:01] The blockade is over, Blood and Roses is now the owner of Guava Island.

So I thought I didn't get it because I missed out on the first DR (d/c'ed and had no available rigging station untill start of the next segment). But that can't be the case because past weekend when I DID get it on Viridian, I missed 4 or 5 DR's for the whole blockade.

So my thoughts now:
* Doesn't get triggered in BK blockades, only in PvP blockades (Kinda expect that this has been confirmed or refuted already).
* If not the above, could it be a cumulative thing over several blockades? I know it sure feels like it's for a single blockade, especially because it gets rewarded at the end. But on Viridian, I have rigged in more blockades than just the one last weekend, while on Midnight, I don't think I have so far.

October 4th, Viridian, multiple PvP blockades
From my chatlogs:

[01:00:05] Prolix Purlieu is now blockaded!
[01:00:06] Tigerleaf Mountain is now blockaded!
[01:00:16] Terra Island is now blockaded!
[01:00:31] Labyrinth Moors is now blockaded!
[01:09:24] Ye were paid 1423 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[01:19:17] Ye were paid 1461 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[01:28:40] Ye were paid 988 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[01:29:10] Ye did not duty enough yet to get paid.
[01:38:27] Ye were paid 2398 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[01:48:17] Ye were paid 3354 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.

[02:12:36] Ye were paid 2818 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[02:22:31] Ye were paid 3089 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[02:31:52] Ye did not duty enough yet to get paid.
[02:32:18] Ye were paid 4132 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[02:41:43] Ye were paid 4767 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[02:51:35] Ye were paid 6449 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.

[03:15:30] Ye were paid 7033 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[03:25:26] Ye were paid 6341 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[03:35:21] Ye were paid 7882 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
[03:45:11] Ye were paid 6238 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.

At first I thought that I didn't get the trophy because one of the blockades (where I was jobbed to for the first segments) was not sinking.

Now I think possible reasons could be:
* DR 3 looks like being just a "good", pay at the time was 1k (and rose to 6k at the last round, I believe).
* Was jobbing in different blockades from the same crew, as can be seen from the couple of "Ye did not duty enough", followed by another break some seconds later. 2 of the blockades were finished in 3 rounds, 2 in 4 rounds, I did not puzzle at all for R4.

Note: During all this, I only rigged. Performance was excellent/incred as can be decided by the pay-outs I received, except for the one DR mentioned above.
Veerle on Cerulean

[Oct 19, 2009 5:17:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randomact

I have gotten an iron trophy on a fresh alt who had never puzzled before.
Quite some time back I got the trophy in a non-sinking blockade.
I have also received the trophy after missing segments for not puzzling enough to get paid.

I haven't puzzled in a BK blockade, so cannot confirm or deny whether an iron trophy can be received in this environment. By the sounds of it, no one has received one in this instance so it is looking like the blockade must be a PVP for the trophy to be able to be received.
I wonder if this is the case for an island opening also, where more than one flag is contesting for the island, where there is a PVP element as well as the BK.
Loathe/Forever.

Cremate tells ye, "i think i just broke my hymen"
[Oct 19, 2009 6:11:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ikketje

I have gotten an iron trophy on a fresh alt who had never puzzled before.

Thx Forever, that's enough for me to forget about the 'cumulative' aspect. Then I also think that it's fair to conclude that BK blockades do not trigger these trophies, as my overall performance in that blockade was more consistent compared to the PvP blockade where I got it (and not getting it for the BK blockade).

The question about opening islands (or in general: more than one playerflag contesting/dropping) is a good one though. Last weekend there was Arakoua island opening on Sage, which I believe was contested by several flags, anyone puzzled there and knows if any trophy's were received? Next one is Hadrian @ Viridian, Nov 7; I'll be there.
Veerle on Cerulean

[Oct 20, 2009 3:41:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angara

Ikke wrote: 
The question about opening islands (or in general: more than one playerflag contesting/dropping) is a good one though. Last weekend there was Arakoua island opening on Sage, which I believe was contested by several flags, anyone puzzled there and knows if any trophy's were received? Next one is Hadrian @ Viridian, Nov 7; I'll be there.

We have had several BK vs Flag A vs Flag B blockades in Midnight the last weeks.
Has anyone got these trophies in those blockades?
Angara
Blood and Roses
Midnight
~ Blowfish collector ~
[Oct 20, 2009 5:16:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smilidom

Possible New Trophy

Guys, I'm not sure, but I think I've seen an odd trophy on Hunter. Pirate's name is Genova, and the trophy is named "Sanctified Bilge Water". I've checked the trophy page, and I've personally never seen this one before.

Link to her page: http://hunter.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Genova

Image:
Smilidom on Hunter.

Nothing important so far...
[Oct 20, 2009 12:03:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Harshex

Re: Possible New Trophy

Guys, I'm not sure, but I think I've seen an odd trophy on Hunter. Pirate's name is Genova, and the trophy is named "Sanctified Bilge Water". I've checked the trophy page, and I've personally never seen this one before.

Image:

This was given out in the 2008 halloween event.
ExuberanceSalacious of Meridian
Severe of Emerald

Derp.
[Oct 20, 2009 12:13:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
smilidom

Re: Possible New Trophy

Image:

This was given out in the 2008 halloween event.

Oh, well, thanks for the info and srry for disturbing.
Smilidom on Hunter.

Nothing important so far...
[Oct 21, 2009 1:36:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deborah

Re: Iron Trophies

Someone did get an iron trophy in one of the BK blockades. I thought it was you, Ikketje? In a BK-as-defender block?
(quote from pg 18 of this thread:

Okay, Iron Pump, just got it on Midnight (Veerle)

1) I received it a few seconds before the end of the blockade was broadcasted. (this was BK-defender blockade, not pvp)

2) I bilged from start till the very end (3 rounds), not missing a single DR.

3) I did not top every DR, but only missed 2 full ones and a couple of short minute-ones after sinking / disengaging and hopping to another ship. All the others were top DR.

4) I did not do incredible every DR, allthough the excellents were only on the short ones, all the other DR were incred.)

Previously we thought the block had to be Sinking as we hadn't heard of someone getting it in a nonsinker; now we know it can be nonsinkers too. I think the only one we haven't had a hit from yet is a weekday event block.

People have gotten it on fresh alts after block puzzling so it does not appear to be triggered by puzzling time across multiple blocks.

Abyzaran puzzled for < 1 segment in the Alpha blockade and got the iron pump so it does not appear to require even a full round (or segment) to trigger the trophy.

--m3
Hermes says, "At any rate, I'm afraid I'll have to cede to your blockade, ladies. Business calls."
Madmarymeade says, "I think this means Rexe-Mary 2, OMs 0?"
Hermes says, "We go down easily."
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Deborah at Oct 22, 2009 12:17:06 AM]
[Oct 22, 2009 12:14:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ikketje

Re: Iron Trophies

Oh my, M3, thx for looking that up !! I remember getting the Iron Pump, just not that it was a BK-blockade but if I said so at the time, that would definitely be true, I made that post right after I got it.

Well, I'm completely lost about what the trigger could be now, even about what would NOT be a trigger. Nothing makes sense =(
Veerle on Cerulean

[Oct 22, 2009 1:34:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tdeathblake

Re: Homunculus Humbler

Ages ago, Ceph wrote: 

Finally a trophy with Ringer clarification. I think this is a YPP first.

Bah. Or the release note from the 18th saying "Fix "First Gold" trophy to be awarded after the first gold nugget." Or the info given on the puzzle board about certain ones. Or my comments about a certain one back at the Bradford party, which afaik nobody believed. Oh well. Plus, I'm pretty sure I've spoken up on a few other things before, but the gold trophy was the first that came to mind.

Either way, there are definitely a bunch of cases where people have miscounted and somebody particularly enterprising might one day figure that out (and likely not be believed, but...), but with the trophies for a particular year's halloween event that aren't intended to be won again, I figured I'd correct the inaccuracy that missed out on the whole point of the number.

Tdeathblake wrote: 
First a question

Everytime you win a fray, it is always followed by a forage. There is now way you have a forage session without winning a fray first right?
Everytime you forage, it is always preceeded by a winning fray right?

Basically the number of winning frays and number of forages will always be the same, right?

I say this because I now have over 500 screenies of forage sessions for Homunculus, but no Homunculus Humbler

As a side note, how far apart were people getting the Hom Hum* and the Enlightened Forager?

Edit: I have 497 screenies, but there are 2 foragers that I didn't get shown the DR, one that my screenie folder was full (apparently the game doesn't like to number the screenies above 500) and another 2 that I see that I missed in my chat logs. I'll update once I go again and actually get 500 screenies

*Not a song, though someone could write one

Tdeathblake wrote: 

Although I tend to suspect the number 50 as well, confirmation is definitely needed, as the devs sometimes throw curveballs at us, like the 2008 Halloween Stuffed Pillowcase with 113 for the trigger. Silly aren't they? ;-)

Speaking of this, I haven't heard anyone respond to my post here

This is to do with the Homunculus Humbler because I am not convinced that the trigger is 500 frays.

If I keep asking someone is sure to respond :)

Tdeathblake wrote: 
Also, could we have some more people double check the Homunculus Humbler trigger. I had MORE that 500 foraging screenies before I got it

Screenies can be checked over here

I feel like no one is taking me seriously on this :(

By the way I've started another CI alt. Hes currently on 98 points and will get 2 points on the first forage of the next run, just to cement the Cursed Forager numbers, and I will try to get to 1230 points and work my way up 1 Bone Box at a time
Tdeathblake (Thinks he's the main)
Homunculus (Knows he's the main)
Prints (Slave labourer working towards Enlightened Forager)

Give a man a fish and he'?ll eat for a day, give a fish a man and he?'ll eat for weeks.

Homemad
[Oct 23, 2009 9:03:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Tdeathblake wrote: 
I feel like no one is taking me seriously on this :(

I'm reasonably certain that everyone else is in the same boat as me, here - that is, I believe you, but as I'm unable to verify anything either way, I've been holding my silence. I apologise if that makes it seem I'm not listening to you, or taking you seriously.
[Oct 24, 2009 5:41:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tdeathblake

I thought it would be something like that
Just gotta keep bumping the idea

Could I have some verification on this point though:

Everytime you win a fray, it is always followed by a forage. There is now way you have a forage session without winning a fray first right?
Everytime you forage, it is always preceeded by a winning fray right?

Basically the number of winning frays and number of forages will always be the same, right?

Give a man a fish and he'?ll eat for a day, give a fish a man and he?'ll eat for weeks.

Homemad
[Oct 24, 2009 10:58:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zeplin411

Re: Jinxed Idol

Ok I got it a few days ago right after a reboot move.
Here are my logs.

====== 2009/10/22 ======
[05:26:01] Yer Broken bottle has worn out and crumbles to dust.
[05:26:36] Going aboard the Lonely Alewife...
[05:26:44] Going aboard the Enthusiastic Pike...
[05:27:00] Miget has disabled auto-targeting of ships.
[05:27:01] Miget has posted a job offer.
[05:27:01] Strong Kyle has come aboard.
[05:27:01] Smiley Leslie has come aboard.
[05:27:01] Reliable Amity has come aboard.
[05:27:02] Lazy Buck has come aboard.
[05:27:04] Lazy Buck says, "Reporting for duty!"
[05:27:04] Miget has taken down the job offer.
[05:29:59] Yer crew member has logged on.
[05:30:07] The server will be rebooted in 30 minutes. This is a regularly scheduled maintenance reboot. It will be available as soon as possible.
[05:30:08] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:30:18] Crew member has come aboard.
[05:30:22] Strong Kyle tells ye, "Aye-aye."
[05:30:22] You have ordered Strong Kyle to do some Carpentry.
[05:30:35] Crew member says, "hi"
[05:30:35] Miget says, "ok can you hit sail"
[05:30:41] Crew member says, "yep"
[05:30:53] Going aboard the Lazy Cod...
[05:31:04] Miget has disabled auto-targeting of ships.
[05:31:05] Miget has posted a job offer.
[05:31:05] Sweet Sue has come aboard.
[05:31:05] Sweet Mindy has come aboard.
[05:31:05] Fit Dane has come aboard.
[05:31:05] Extra Sunshine has come aboard.
[05:31:05] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:31:06] Miget has taken down the job offer.
[05:31:13] Fit Dane tells ye, "Aye-aye."
[05:31:13] You have ordered Fit Dane to do some Sailing.
[05:31:31] Miget says, "and Thank ye for helping scummy"
[05:34:43] Yer hearty, has logged on.
[05:36:13] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:36:41] Yer hearty, has logged off.
[05:38:46] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:40:07] The server will be rebooted in 20 minutes. This is a regularly scheduled maintenance reboot. It will be available as soon as possible.
[05:40:14] Yer hearty, has logged off.
[05:41:39] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:43:27] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:44:21] Yer hearty, has logged off.
[05:45:07] The server will be rebooted in 15 minutes. This is a regularly scheduled maintenance reboot. It will be available as soon as possible.
[05:45:45] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:47:15] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:48:41] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:50:03] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:50:07] The server will be rebooted in 10 minutes. This is a regularly scheduled maintenance reboot. It will be available as soon as possible.
[05:51:13] Yer hearty, has logged off.
[05:51:28] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:53:03] Yer hearty, has logged on.
[05:53:27] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:55:07] The server will be rebooted in 5 minutes. This is a regularly scheduled maintenance reboot. It will be available as soon as possible.
[05:55:20] Yer hearty, has logged off.
[05:55:33] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:56:06] Crew member says, "ok, ported at kent"
[05:56:14] Miget says, "Thank ye hun"
[05:56:22] Crew member says, "no problem"
[05:56:51] Sweet Mindy tells ye, "Aye-aye."
[05:56:51] You have ordered Sweet Mindy to do some Sailing.
[05:57:49] Miget issued an order to set the vessel to sail.
[05:58:07] The server will be rebooted in 2 minutes. This is a regularly scheduled maintenance reboot. It will be available as soon as possible.
[06:00:07] The server will now reboot!
[06:00:31] Yer crew member Migett has logged off.
[06:00:31] Yer crew member Miget has logged off.
[06:00:31] Yer crew member Crew member has logged off.
[06:00:33] Crew member says, "cya"
====== 2009/10/22 ======
[10:47:31] Ye have been awarded the Jinxed Idol!

I hope this really helps. Also when I logged on I was at scurvy Reef and did not make Kent. This wasn't the first time for me not to make the island, but the first time it was an unpopulated island with a fort.
Miget
Captain of Sealords Armada
Queen of Imperial Rednecks

Castor tells ye, "Ahoy mate. Did ye want the name "Awesome"? (That will run ye 12 shanghais)
A drunk moment with a flaggie saying "awesome"
[Oct 24, 2009 11:19:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

Re: many

JI: 2 of my now 5 jinxed pirates got it right after a reboot, but not the other 3. as for the island, i'm pretty sure one of them got it at wyeth, which doesn't have a fort. one on shatter, one on cs, and the others i don't remember and cannot verify.

iron trophies: fail again. i carped for one full round in the harmattan cade this morning, got 4 excellents (all top) and an incred (2nd), and no trophy at the end. i was on the same wb the whole time.

homunculus humbler: indeed, you cannot get a forage without winning a fray beforehand. i cannot remember if full-ship frays count, they'd put a few numbers above the forages then. and i apologize for not helping out here, my chat archives are just massive, searching for 500+ wins (i got it! last week) scares me.
owlwhisperer of meridian, scowling at everything in sight.
[Oct 25, 2009 4:41:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tdeathblake

I've been looking at different ways to streamline the Chat Log approach to counting.

Note, I'm using Notepad++ for this

1. Delete everything after when you win the Homunculus Humbler
2. Do a search for "Ye have taken aboard". Copy all occurrences of this into a new document.
In Notepad++ I found marking the lines with a bookmark, then copying all bookmarks worked best
3. Do searches for bone box, fetish jar and cursed chest. Make sure you use the singular forms. I.E. don't search for bone boxeS. Mark the lines for each occurrence
Copy all occurrences into a new document
4. Remove all text except for the times.
In Notepad++ you hold down alt and you can select vertically
5. Copy the text into the text box located here
6. Remove duplicate lines and post output data back into your text editor
7. Count up how many lines remain
8. Add one to this number, and this should be the number of frays for the Homunculus Humbler.

The way this works is that it extracts all of times any chests have been brought onto the ship. Whether it be from CI, Citadels or Expeditions
Then it extracts all of the times chests from CI have been brought onto the ship
Then it removes all duplicate lines, so that each fray/forage is on a separate line.

Note, this method fails if forages over separate days happen at the same time of day. I need to find a way to delete duplicate consecutive lines for this to be failsafe

Chat logs will fail if you have ever D/C over the end of a fray

My previous method was faulty because it assumed that 3 types of chests were foraged up everytime except for the first forage.
There are plenty of times in the second forage where no CC are foraged.

Sorry if it seems a bit complicated.

My count is 505.
It seems like an odd number for a trophy trigger.

I did this for the Enlightened Eradicator and got 50

Homemad
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tdeathblake at Oct 26, 2009 7:47:02 PM]
[Oct 25, 2009 3:10:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Angara

Minor note: If you lose the first fight, that one won't be counted by doing this.
Angara
Blood and Roses
Midnight
~ Blowfish collector ~
[Oct 25, 2009 4:19:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tdeathblake

Re: Hom Hum

Why should a losing fight matter?

Homemad
[Oct 25, 2009 6:20:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Because you don't get a forage after it. The fight itself would count towards the trophy, but would not get counted using your "count forages" method.
[Oct 25, 2009 9:45:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tdeathblake

The fight itself would count towards the trophy

Would a losing fight count toward the trophy?

Homemad
[Oct 25, 2009 10:18:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 2646   Pages: 89   [ First Page | Previous Page | 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates