• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 41
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16675 times and has 40 replies Next Thread
sweetnessc

A Piratey Lust for Cephalopod: Menage a Trois, the Saucy Version Reply to this Post

As Valentine's Day rapidly approaches, after reading the lovely stories about Sexylopod that so fired my imagination a year or more ago and pining wistfully over some images encapsulating my dream, I have resolved it is finally time to take action and win my way into the heart (or at least the seabed) of the Cephalopod of my dreams. If it's true that the fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach, then surely it can only be even more true for a cephalopod that is nearly nothing *but* stomach!

Your Task

Help me set the table for my seduction and/or plan a menu to charm my way into his seabed.

Prizes will be awarded in two independent categories, Table Setting and A Seductive Menu. You may enter either or both categories. Pirates who enter both categories will receive a bonus 2 points in each category as long as they place the entry for both competitions in the same forum post.

Table Setting Category:
- To enter, prepare a table setting designed to seduce the object of my lusty aspirations.
- You must post a photograph of your table setting.
- You may include food in the photograph if you wish, but the judging for this category is based on the table setting itself.
- The photograph must include your pirate's name on it somewhere on the table.
- I will not deduct points for poor photography - but I do need to be able to see what you've done in order to judge it.
- You are not required to use an actual table, just a venue where two people (or cephalopods) may share a meal together.
- Scoring: 30 points total: 10 points for technique (Is the cutlery in the right place? Does it look like you deliberately placed the wineglass there, or is it haphazard?), 10 points for creativity, and 10 points for seduction value and beauty. A 2 point bonus will be awarded to anyone who also enters a menu in the A Seductive Menu competition.

A Seductive Menu Category:
- To enter, select for me a delectable menu which will help me seduce Caphalopod, and describe it in mouth-watering detail.
- Your menu must include at least one sauce.
- Scoring: 30 points total: 10 points for the yumminess of what you choose to serve, 10 points for creativity, and 10 points for how delectably you describe your menu choices. A 2 point bonus will be awarded to anyone who also enters a menu in the Table Setting competition.
- Automatic disqualification for anyone who puts any type of cephalopod *on* the menu! After all, it won't do my piratey lust much good if I get to his heart through his stomach with a fork in my hand. (For those of you who are weak on biology, that means no squid, no octopus, no cuttlefish, no calamari!).

Honourable mention prizes will be awarded to deserving entries that didn't win.

Prizes:
First place: An engagement set (uninscribed gemstone ring and wedding band) and a commemorative scroll on any ocean.
Honourable Mentions: 5,000 poe and a commemorative greeting card on any ocean
(Note: If the palace stops selling the trinkets before the winners are selected, a comparable prize will be awarded.)

Deadline:
Contest closes at 11:59 pm piratey time on February 9th.

How to enter:
- Post your entries below.
- Include the name of the pirate and the ocean where you would like to receive your prize if you win.
- Do not edit your entry after the deadline!

Winners will be posted as soon as the judging is complete.
----------------------------------------
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jan 8, 2009 4:41:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FallenTree

Re: A Piratey Lust for Cephalopod: Menage a Trois, the Saucy Version Reply to this Post

- Automatic disqualification for anyone who puts any type of cephalopod *on* the menu! After all, it won't do my piratey lust much good if I get to his heart through his stomach with a fork in my hand. (For those of you who are weak on biology, that means no squid, no octopus, no cuttlefish, no calamari!).

Just for the record, there is documented evidence that Cephalopod is actually a fan of the semi-cannibalism. But maybe he's straightened himself out since then.
Bullettime on Hunter Ocean
Retired? Yeah, let's go with that.
[Jan 8, 2009 11:13:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Re: A Piratey Lust for Cephalopod: Menage a Trois, the Saucy Version Reply to this Post

"The few scraps of clothing still on me were soaked in ink, and a few detached suction cups still clung to my upper thigh."

Oh yes.

Oh. Yes.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jan 8, 2009 11:53:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FallenTree

Ah... that explains it. Sweetie's never actually been able to keep reading past that line.
Bullettime on Hunter Ocean
Retired? Yeah, let's go with that.
[Jan 9, 2009 12:46:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

- Scoring: 30 points total: 10 points for technique (Is the cutlery in the right place? Does it look like you deliberately placed the wineglass there, or is it haphazard?), 10 points for creativity, and 10 points for seduction value and beauty...

Urhm... there are only so many ways to place a pair of chopsticks. :p
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Jan 10, 2009 11:48:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

I foresee a zero score for creativity in your future. ;-)

Sublime is shame.
[Jan 10, 2009 11:56:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RayvynRoze

Do we have to post entries for both at the same time if we plan on entering both? Or can I post a menu and then a week or 2 later post a table setting.
Alethia on Midnight
Senior Officer
Tyr's Own

"One might say that there are occasions in which barrelstoppery is best combatted with bigger and better barrelstoppery."
[Jan 12, 2009 10:27:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

You can add the second later, as long as (a) you edit it into the same post, and (b) the edit is before the deadline.

Sublime is shame.
[Jan 12, 2009 11:10:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RayvynRoze

Alethia, Midnight presents:
A Saucy, Seductive Menu

Imagine, if you will, a simple but elegant table for two, secluded from the other patrons, set back in a small, lowlit alcove...a fragrant centerpiece made of honeysuckle and jasmine and quiet jazz floating in through the slightly open window. A whiff of ocean air wafts in, carrying the familiar tang of brine and mystery. Your hostess Alethia leads you to your seats....

Mademoiselle, our chefs have prepared the most sumptuous of meals for the tongue tingling pleasure of both you and your tentacled man of the hour.

We will start off with a dazzling green Midoritini, a combination of bright green Midori Melon and our top shelf vodka. Made to compliment the gentleman's attire, this refreshing cocktail is garnished with a sweet cherry and rimmed with squid ink*.

Following your cocktail, we will begin the four course "bubbling surf" menu that the chef has prepared for you. After all, what better way to seduce your savage beast than a generous offering of delectable treats from the sea? And what better way to titilate your more amorous senses than dining on a selection that is awash in champagne?

The appetizer, oysters with champagne-vinegar mignonette, are sure to please. Each chilled oyster on the half shell is garnished with sugary sweet champagne grapes that balance the acidity of the vinegar in the mignionette.

Next we present marinated shrimp with champagne beurre blanc. This lovely dish is prepared using fresh herbs, peppercorns, shallots and of course, champagne. Delicate and delectable prawns, seasoned subtley and drizzled in a sophisticated butter sauce, this course will make any mouth (or beak as the case may be) water.

Now it's time to enjoy a portion of one of our most popular dishes: champagne risotto with scallops. Earthy and rich, this savory dish is just exquisite, with it's creamy texture and succulent morsels of fresh sea scallops. Everyone wants a second helping but we wouldn't want you to be too full for dessert!

And what are we serving you to complete your meal this evening? Tonight we have for you a pink champagne sabayon with fresh fruit compote. Nothing can top our cool, tangy assortiment of tropical fruits and fresh strawberries like a fluffy cloud of sabayon. Relish the smooth combination of soft meringue and juicy gems of fruit and bring yourself one step closer to paradise.

Once your meal is complete, you rise from your seats, hand in tentacle, aware that only one appetite has been satiated. And on that note we bid you lovers adieu as you stroll off into the warm starry night, and we wish you nothing more than the pleasure of what the rest of your night may bring.

*no squids were harmed in the production of the ink, ink is a commonly used ingredient in pastas and other dishes and it can be obtained without harming the squid

Table Setting
Here are the table setting materials with my name and an overly curious kitten included

Here is a traditional table setting. Simple, elegant and clean.

I am a pirate of limited means, however that doesn't mean I can't be creative. Creativity, however, did detract from the criteria of proper placement of the table setting elements. I debated whether or not to include what I like to call my "subliminal table setting" and in the end I figured it couldn't hurt to include it.

The "subliminal table setting":

Alethia on Midnight
Senior Officer
Tyr's Own

"One might say that there are occasions in which barrelstoppery is best combatted with bigger and better barrelstoppery."
[Edit 4 times, last edit by RayvynRoze at Feb 9, 2009 3:26:33 PM]
[Jan 12, 2009 2:06:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ddraigeneth

Soft lighting plays off the glassware, Let's Misbehave fills the room with quiet jazz...

I will be servicing you tonight. My name is Gwiddon de'Sage.

Our overture for the evening, if you would be so pleased, is truly a sensory delight. An oyster bisque, laced delicately with spice so that it enthralls the tongue, warming you to your very toes.

The meal itself, you will find to be petite, hand-peeled shrimp, prepared in a sauce of butter and garlic wine vinegar, with just a sprinkling of lime, spread welcomingly over a bed of sautéed spinach and mushrooms. Laid alongside this will be Ritoni al denté--that is, 'firm to the bite'--lightly tossled with olive oil and finely grated parmesan. Everything receives just a caress of the chef's own blend of spices. There is no doubt that your mouths will be preoccupied.

To drink is a glass of our finest sparkling Martinelli's, as fresh as the apples from which it was made. The gentle bubbles do tease and tickle.

Finally--to cleanse the palette--a sweetened lime sorbet, chilled and served with a delicate dusting of dark chocolate. The feel of the syrup melting as it passes your lips will surely be an...invigorating sensation.

I truly hope that you will enjoy yourselves, and if there is anything else you may require, I am here to assist.

I think my boyfriend likes this contest. Perhaps I could've been a bit more creative with the menu items, but I thought it would be nice to stick to things he would actually eat. Bon apétit.
Gwiddon d'Sage - Making her own avatars since 2005
DeviantART

Is yer sword a foil?
[Jan 13, 2009 1:29:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RayvynRoze

Another question (don't hurt me)...

Does the place setting have to include the menu described? Or any food for that matter?
Alethia on Midnight
Senior Officer
Tyr's Own

[Jan 13, 2009 2:07:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ddraigeneth

Sweetie wrote: 
Table Setting Category:
- You may include food in the photograph if you wish, but the judging for this category is based on the table setting itself.

Gwiddon d'Sage - Making her own avatars since 2005
DeviantART

Is yer sword a foil?
[Jan 13, 2009 12:01:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RayvynRoze

Ah, ok, thanks. Cause there's no way I can successfully cook anything I described above.
Alethia on Midnight
Senior Officer
Tyr's Own

[Jan 13, 2009 12:26:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
puppy1254170

Missjessica of Sage

I know that this was a poorly done entry. And it's in my hallway...But I don't think I'll have the time to do this in the future, certainly not before the deadline. So I figuered it's best to turn something in rather than nothing at all.

Pictures:
Final Overview
Additional Picture #1
Additional Picture #2 (Color accented Picture - Plates may look darker.)

Missjessica on Sage Emerald

Starting back up from square one. *Sigh*
[Jan 20, 2009 4:04:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marygarlits

I am Aubrey on Malachite
Links to the table setting are at the bottom.
Enjoy

For you my sweet and your special little cuttlefish, I have prepared a decadent lover's feast that will leave you both satiated and longing for more than any food can satisfy.

We start the evening with a glass of lovely pink champagne, let the bubbles tickle your nose and titillate your taste buds with the sweetness of the drink.

The first course is a salad of juicy cherries, plums and nectarines dusted with edible glitter so that it shimmers in the candlelight. I recommend that you feed it to each other and let each bite fill your mouth with a sweet tartness that must be kissed away.

The soup of the evening is a creamy white gazpacho with crunchy almonds and sweet red grapes. The chilly soup sends shivers of excitement up and down your spine.

Here comes the entrée from the kitchen now, sitting before you is Fettuccini with tomato and butter petal sauce. The pasta has been lovingly arranged on the plate in the shape of a heart and topped with a delicate, light tomato sauce that has been infused with rose petal vinegar.

For dessert you will enjoy the sweetest of winter strawberries dipped in rich Belgium chocolate and drizzled with a sweet caramel sauce.

As you take your lovers tentacle into your hand at the end of the evening, your mind drifts to dreams of things yet to come and the memories of this unforgettable lovers meal. A sweet sigh escapes your lips as you walk away with your one true love.

A Table Set for Sweetie and her Love

The Alcoholic Version
Aubrey on Meridian

And will you succeed?
Yes indeed, yes indeed!
Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed.
-Dr. Seuss
[Edit 2 times, last edit by marygarlits at Jan 26, 2009 4:45:01 PM]
[Jan 21, 2009 10:46:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
volleygirl10

Menus? I can't say I've ever written one, much less one that's particularly seductive. But I watch Top Chef often, I eat out every week or so, and I can make pasta without burning down a building, so how hard can it be? ^.^

Candlelight Dining at Its Finest

Strutting through the door in a sultry gown, your long gloved arm encased in the comforting tentacles of your lover, you see a beachside hideaway lit with naught but candlelight and the shimmering glow of the crescent moon. Clarielle, your charming hostess, leads you to a table at the back, resting on a patio with a clear view of the moonlit ocean serving as a backdrop to the tantalizing meal to come. While effortlessly pouring a bottle of Cabernet, the red liquid engorging the fragile glass in suspended, encompassing waves of pure pleasure, she describes in titillating detail the feast that awaits.

"The signature motif of our chef's custom-created menu for you and your sweet, tentacled lover tonight is the sultry Cherry, whose fruity notes and deep, underlying musky flavor are a perfect pair to this Cabernet Savignon, refined to a coneisseur's taste, yet born from the Vitis Vinefera, a wild grape that grows savagely without bounds throughout the French countryside.
For your first course, a mere plaything to your senses, we have an Amuse-bouche, or bite-sized appetizer. It consists of a thin yet rich layer of rosemary baguette topped with a light spread of brie and assorted mild cheeses, infused with the lovely flavor of a cherry simple syrup. Take it as a morsel to arouse your refined yet longing tastebuds, increasing immesurably the pleasure of courses to come.
And of course, what would a complete romantic feast be without a steaming, satisfying bowl of hot, creamy soup? For your soup on this ethereally moonlight evening, our chef has painstakingly prepared a perfectly balanced cherry and tomato bisque, topped with a melted layer of savory cheeses. The earthy, rich, and classic flavor of ripe and juicy tomato simmers alongside the fruity, sweet, yet sultry undertones of the cherry, creating an intense, satisfying combination of sweet and musky flavors. As your adventurous spoon breaks the layer of sharp, accenting cheeses, melted to a golden brown perfection, it enters the lusty, steaming abyss of tomato and cherry-flavored pleasure simmering just below the surface. The true beauty of this bisque is not only the perfectly balanced and melodious flavor combination, but also the warming sensation spreadng throughout your body and soul that the soup delivers, in delightful contrast to the smooth sea breeze.
After being heated to a passionate boil by the previous course, our chef thinks you will best appreciate a crisp salad to bring you lovers back to acute senses. A blend of subtle field greens is provoked by an acidic yet earthy dressing of pure, untamed cherry enhanced by the smooth, sultry flavor of port wine. Added to this heavenly balance is fresh cherries and smooth, nutty almond slices. As each bite of earthy, rich flavor combined with tingling, acidic excitement enters your ruby lips and your lover's handsome beak, the titilating shockwave shall pass up and down your spine like a passionate, caressing touch.
For your third course, we present you with a lovely prescedent to your main entree this evening, a duet of shrimp. The first morsel of decadant shrimp to the left has been encrusted with a delightful island mix of coconut and dried cherries, fitting seamlessly with this breathtaking setting to create a complete experience of the senses. The center shrimp has been pan-fried and tossed in a spicy, heated mixture of curry and other passionate Indian spices, and is served over a sweet chutney of cherries and poached pears, to parallel the perfect balance of passionate, heated spice and sweet, blushing love shared between the two diners. Stealing a light kiss with a last drop of cherry gracing your tongues, you are presented with your main course.
As an entree this evening, our chef has prepared a rich, juicy tenderloin of pork topped with a steaming sauce of Cabernet, orange zest, subtle spices, and the decandant, lustful cherry. The perfectly braised portion of pork serves as a canvas to the sultry beauty of the sauce that rests atop it. As you sink your dainty teeth (and your lover plunges his graceful beak) into the fresh, juicy tenderloin, the smooth, lustful, and untamed flavors of the sauce will arouse your innermost senses, creating an invigorating climax to your meal (but certainly not your evening.)
The sweet culmination to your dining experience shall be none other than a classic pie, consisting of rich chocolate shavings throughout, fruity notes of the subtle zest of grapefruit, and none other than a steamy, heaping portion of cherries in a sultry syrup bursting from the confines of a flaky, buttery crust. The finishing touch on this simple yet satisfying dessert is a drizzle of subtle caramel glaze throughout the plate and a portion of freshly prepared whipped cream, melting slowly and sensually to cover the cherry tart in rich, creamy delight. As you and your lover place decadant bites into your mouth (or each other's) the warm filling will provoke a passion that will carry throughout your evening."

With a full stomach yet a lustful longing growing stronger by the second, you and your tentacled other depart into the sandy moonlight. After a short stroll, you can resist his touch no longer. Beside a tranquil grotto, you collapse in a sultry embrace into the moonlit sand, caressed by both heated tentacles and the gentle rythm of ocean breezes and salted waves, with a touch of cherry flavoring your kiss.
Clarielle (or just Clarie ;-)
O of Earthbound
on the loverly Hunter Ocean ^.^

Avvie by the amazingly talented Chiichan =D
[Edit 3 times, last edit by volleygirl10 at Jan 30, 2009 4:49:45 AM]
[Jan 28, 2009 12:52:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ziy5

For the menu do we just type it down in this or does it have to be a photograph of the front layout and inside as well as the dishes?
Jo
[Jan 30, 2009 4:46:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ziy5

our wine selection is of the Finest Red Wine available, sweet and lust, you could say its a bit like you.

To begin this wonderful evening we will start off with a Creamy Bruschetta Puttanesca. Puttanesca on toast with a mountain of chopped and diced cherry tomatos, all cooked to perfection. This will deffinately tingle your taste buds just like you tingle mine. A neverending whorle in your mouth, truly luxurious, with just one bite it will just melt in your mouth and you will melt in your seat.

Our between course meal is Crispy Bread Strips with 2 different dips, Creamy Capsicum with a dash of spices and perfection pesto, Truly, one of Gods Gift.

Our main is a spicy, yet very elegant dish. Brandy Flamed Chorizo. A sausage massaged in herbs and spices and then bathed in brandy overnight. It might be spicy but im sure a kiss could cool you down.

For desert we will have dark chocolate rasberry fondu your taste buds will taste this for days, creamy dark chocolate wrapping itself around a sweet rasberry will send tingles down your spine and will meet all your sensual expectations.

Another dinner finishes with clean plates and full stomachs but theres always room for more next time.

~Flosii on the Cobalt Ocean
Jo
[Jan 30, 2009 5:39:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Ziy5 wrote: 
For the menu do we just type it down in this or does it have to be a photograph of the front layout and inside as well as the dishes?

Just typed words. :-)

Sublime is shame.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by sweetnessc at Jan 30, 2009 8:18:52 AM]
[Jan 30, 2009 8:18:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bsdogbones

And now Chef Bsdogbones of the Viridian Ocean would like to show the two lovers their meal for valentines day.

It is a simple meal that is executed to perfection.

As the two lovers sit at a table high above the town below, they can hear the sounds from the inn. The moon glows high above them, and a dim glow from the lights inside your estate set the romantic lighting for the evening. Not far from the table is a string quartet playing ever so softly some classical music.

Out walks the chef, Bsdogbones, with the menu in hand. On it is listed 4 courses.

He brings out a white wine that is delicate and sweet to the taste buds.

He points to the first course, a bruschetta. It is on a tosted piece of French bread that is then rubbed with garlic to give it a hint of flavor. The tomatoes, which were picked in the prime of their lives, are diced and sauteed in pan with butter, garlic, basil and olive oil. It it is then placed in a bowl which goes on the plate with the bread, and is sent out with a sauce of reduced balsamic vinaigrette. The balsamic reduction is sweet to the taste buds, and as the chef brings out the meal, you see the glimmer in your cephalopods eyes.

The appetizer is placed in front of you, and you feed the meal to each other.

In the kitchen the chef works on the next course. It is a salmon steak, perfect for this warm valentines evening in the Caribbean. This salmon steak is perfectly cooked in a pan with olive oil. It is then glazed in a sweet sherry vinegar sauce, the sauce surrounds the salmon in a sweet blanket. On the side is a warm asparagus salad, that has been tossed with olive oil, basil, oregano, and a dash of pepper and salt. He brings out the plate shortly after you and your cephalopod have finished the bruschetta.

You eat the salmon, the moon shines down on the silver ware, and below you, to the other side of the cliff, you hear the waves crash against the rocks below.

After finishing your salmon, a waiter fills your water glasses, as the Chef brings out a most delectable dessert. It is a warm molten chocolate cake, in the shape of a heart. It is drizzled with a raspberry sauce, and topped with fluffy whipped cream. Raspberrys are then sprinkled around the dish.

You take a bite out of the cake, and as the warm chocolate goes down your throat, it reminds you of that moment when you first met Sir Cephalopod. That moment when your heart warmed, and you knew this was the man for you.

Lastly the waiter clears the table, as the Chef, Bsdogbones, brings out the final course, it is one that ends the evening well.

Two glasses of champagne with two chocolate covered strawberries. The strawberries have been carefully dipped in chocolate, then a design is drizzled with white chocolate on top of it. They are then chilled, and now they are here in front of you to finish the most romantic evening you have had in a long time.

You finish the champagne, and the strawberries, and you and Sir Cephalopod, walk away into your Estate, the candles on the table burning slowly down to nothing, as the moon glimmers down onto the town below.

Bsdogbones on the Viridian Ocean
Bsdogbones of the Viridian Ocean

Captain of Revenge of the Cheezits
[Edit 3 times, last edit by bsdogbones at Feb 6, 2009 5:32:25 AM]
[Jan 31, 2009 9:51:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
akiro_katie

so just reply to this post with our stuff, right?
[Feb 3, 2009 6:16:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://hs.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1117440036 [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Yep. :-)

Sublime is shame.
[Feb 3, 2009 6:37:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltonsammut

i am gonna enter in the two competitions.
For the tabel i took a photo of my house's table and adjusted it with my computer and the result is :

For the menu i bought a valentines card and scanned it with my computer andthat is the backround. Then i put the food that i think pirates can eat including a type of sauce. The result is:

Thx
I hope i did good.
yours salton of the malachite ocean

If the pictures dont appear , i uploaded them on a website
The links are :
http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/inter387/?action=view&current=untitled-1.jpg

and

http://s388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/inter387/?action=view&current=DSCF0558.jpg
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Saltonsammut at Feb 4, 2009 12:34:06 AM]
[Feb 4, 2009 12:32:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seadogchic

The Date is 13th February in the Year of the Ox...
The day begins with the arrival of a mysterious invitation delivered by a beautiful rainbow trout; on the card were these words
“as the sun sets over the horizon go to the landing at Vipers Drop and follow the red trail to my heart”
On the beach a trail of rose petals meanders across the sand concluding at the entrance to a Bedouin tent set amongst palms festooned with frangipani flowers who’s heady fragrance floats on the breeze and fills his senses. The entrance curtain of pale pink organza parts and he slithers into the dim chamber lit only by candle light and in the background seductive music plays. A shadowed figure reclines on a bed of cushions and beckons him to enter and join her. The low table is set out with temptations to fire the heart of the strongest Cephalopod, there also sits a card;

“Valentine’s Day Temptations for the Cephalopod of my heart’s desire “

Pre-dinner Cocktails to Make Ye Blood Dance

Cosmopolitans for Two Kindred Souls

Vodka & Cointreau blended with lemon, lime and Krakens Blood
(To make any ones temperature rise)

To Wet Ye Appetites with Lashings of Champagne

Oysters O’ Naturel

Chilled and in a half shell set on a bed of pink tinted chipped sea ice
(To cool the ardour to prolong the ecstasy for the next delectable morsel)

The Main Course to True Love

Rose Petal Salad

Tender chicken strips and juicy succulent shrimp with love apples (tomatoes), cucumber, spring onions, star fruit, and peanuts, tossed with the deepest red edible rose petals

Complete Seduction

Saucy Chocolate Fondue

A selection of blood red strawberries and golden papaya for dipping into the silky smooth sauce of a blend of cream and rich dark chocolate to share with the one who by now is the love of your very existence and can only be parted from ye in death...

He looks up, their eyes meet, incense fills his senses and she falls forward and he wraps her in his embrace with the purpose of never letting her stray...LOL the rest is censored

Pennydiamond
Arh diamonds arh so pretty
Malachite
SO of the #01 crew - Heaven and Earth

PENNYDIAMOND
ARH LUV SHINY THINGS
GIVE ME MORE

Malachite
SO Heaven & Earth
Veridian
SO Crusty Crabs
[Feb 4, 2009 11:06:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
willowwoman3

I am Kismetsghost of Sage and i will be your waitress for tonight

Allow me to set the scene:-

Let me show you a deserted beach just after sunset, the sky is a deep indigo and the first few stars are begining to twinkle in the velvet sky. The waves roll seductivly on the shingle and the smell of bouganvillia and hibiscus fill the air. Standing on a little rocky promentary is a heart shaped table set for two, with a deep red cloth and sprinked with pink and white confetti in the shape of squids and cutlasses. Nearby is a shallow rockpool with cool clean water and a sandy bottom, suitable for after dinner 'watersports'

Now for the menu, everything on the menu tonight is considered an aphrodisiac so bon appetit

Pre- dinner cocktail

Damiana Cordial
Made with damiana leaves, vodka, water and honey
An ancient recipie designed to increase appetites

Starter

Avocaddo with sweet basil and balsamic vinegar
a creamy yet sharp tasting delight preparing the palate for the delights ahead.
Served with a light rereshing pinot blanc wine with its soft hints of peach and pear aromas, As light and subtle as a first kiss.

Fish course

Oysters (of course) served with a champagne truffle and cream sauce
Probably the worlds best known aphrodisiac, the rich earth scent of the truffle mingling delightfull with the fresh sea taste of the oysters, perhaps a promise of another mingling of sea and land later....
Served with a new world chardonay with its hints of oak and vanilla that kinger on the tongue.

Main Course

Rare fillet of steak on a bed of rocket. served with asparagus and a mustard and ginger relish.
The steak is red and juicy, and easily cut with any sword, perfectly complemented by the peppery rocket and the spicy relish. The asparagus is served oozing with melted butter, leading to much licking of the fingers.
Served with a rich red burgandy with a flavour as deep as the ocean and as red as blood from a freshly slain enemy.

Desert

Figs oozing with honey, and a medley of strawberries, raspberries cherries and banana, dipped in melted chocolate and served with whipped cream.
A true indulgence designed to be licked and sucked, perfect for feeding to your chosen one and then kissing the residue from each others lips.
Served with pink champagne with a strawberry in each glass, as light and intoxicating as love itself

Doffee and Absinthe

both are stimulants that will heigten the senses and bring your extra special repast to a close as the moon rises over the silvery waters of the bay.

Enjoy
Nice Pirates don't curse...........I never said i was nice
[Feb 7, 2009 2:23:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Wee reminder: Two more days to get your entries in, the deadline is 11:59 pm piratey time on February 9th!

Sublime is shame.
[Feb 7, 2009 4:39:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dunkhan

I want to know why no one has laid enough cutlery for Cephalopod! :)
Dunkhan of the Meridian Ocean
[Feb 8, 2009 7:56:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
willowwoman3

he uses cutlery...i thought he prefered tentacle food:)
Nice Pirates don't curse...........I never said i was nice
[Feb 9, 2009 4:04:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dazidiva

A romantic dinner for a Pirate Girl and her beloved Cephalopod -

The dinner takes place aboard a ship, in the Captain's Quarters, after all ye are a pirate and your love is a seafaring Cephalopod-

My Table Setting-

Note: Your setting is elegant, and your beloved's setting is equipped with extra utensils & glasses; just enough to keep his many limbs busy and occupied during the meal, but not so busy that friendly flirting with wandering tentacles could still find their way under the table. All the linens are hand embroidered with a letter "p" for pirate.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0E2Nar2PdJs/SZEl32KwerI/AAAAAAAAAcA/hkgSPT2mCmA/s1600-h/IMG_1213_2_2.jpg
Constelation
Of Cobalt

Officer in the Shrew Crew -

"And it came to pass as they tied that lass but bonds would never do,
you may kill that lusty wench, but ye'll NEVER tame that shrew"
[Feb 9, 2009 11:23:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bsdogbones

When do we know the winner?
Bsdogbones of the Viridian Ocean

Captain of Revenge of the Cheezits
[Feb 16, 2009 1:48:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 41   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates