• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Announcement Thread
Total posts in this thread: 50
Posts: 50   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 32688 times and has 49 replies Next Thread
specialk82

Re: GCPP Round 3 Feedback Reply to this Post

My favorite three are still the same three... but after playing the three more... and more I have changed the order that I ranked them originally when giving feedback to each individual puzzle.

I like first: Gilthead
Second: Loosejaw
Third: Fredi

I really like Fredi but at the lower levels it is too easy and at the higher levels it is fun... but after a while it can become fustrating. I think the other two Gilthead and Loosejaw have a more relaxing/fun quality.

I also take back what I said about Gilthead.. where I suggested not having the toolbox. Now that I have played it sooo much I see that the tool box is really needed for strategy. Having the rat come out is great for giving a time limit to how long you have before you get penalized for not making a move. I really got addicted to playing this.... it's awesome! I also better understand the need to have the strength as part of the game. I dont like the graphic for it but I know you are going to change graphics... The strength part makes the game. I think that the special pieces of the lion and the fish also really help to make the game challenging.

I've also played Loosejaw alot more this game is awsome too! I've played the default, I've moved the speed up of the conveyer belt, I've played it to have to have seven pieces to make a piece of furniture, I've played it with having six different colors. Having the six different colors, needing six blocks to make a piece of furniture and having the conveyer belt up to about mid speed... I totally booched. I think this game has a great span from easy to hard. This game is relaxing and fun to play and has the addiction factor.

Fredi is so original and cute.. i do think its awsome.. but I've just been drawn to play the other too more. And again I think that it is because after a while it becomes fustrating.

To continue my ranking of the games:
Fourth: Shad
Fifth: Carp
Sixth: Snapper
Seventh: Danio
Eighth: Mariggle

[Jan 14, 2009 4:11:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
deadlyskull

Here are my opinions:

Fredi:It could be pretty colourful yppified and is a unique game...also could be very colourful!

Gilthead:I liked this game and thought it was enjoyable and very different...easy to understand too!

Carp:fun and kinda like a rubiks cube!

Loosejaw:a bit like carp but so much different!

Marrigle:wow this is a different one fun though!

Danio:Like it or hate it it's interesting!

Ok, here are my other two that I haven't done yet the rest are in the quote!

Snapper: This is my favourite one so far!

Shad:...too much like foraging :P
----------------------------------------
Currently Deadbones on the hunter ocean
[Jan 15, 2009 3:11:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
specialk82

More about Gilthead... I love this game!!

I wanted to talk more about custom settings for this game. I like when the game is two boards long instead of the default three. I also like to play when the rat is set to hard or very hard... when he comes out after not so long. I like setting it to random where the rat chomps on a random peice as appose to the heaviest piece autimatically. I have never placed the rat on easy because the rat makes the game... otherwise you have no need to make a move in any given time frame... no challenge. I also play with the most shape pieces and with knots in the pieces and bonuses. The knots.. the bonuses.. they make the game fun.. interesting and challenging... wouldnt be the same addiction without them. When I play I strive to make all the collumns the same color and all the rows the same shape. I want all the bonuses. Unless I use a fish to make the work heavier to get points for having a heavy board. The lion helps to make these collumn and row bonuses but does not strenghten the board... love it. I also love the fact that there are shape targets on the board.. where you try to get the shape that is shown (as a shadown on the board) into that row/collum .. love it! I also use the tool box to hold pieces untill the very last minute before the rat is about to strike and then I place the piece. I use it to collect pieces and plot my moves.. lol

I think the analogy works.. table legs.. building furniture. If you dont use this game.. at least leave it up on this website... please!! so i can still play it. :)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by specialk82 at Jan 17, 2009 4:00:50 PM]
[Jan 17, 2009 3:56:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pn55406

I finally figured out Gilthead! I do not know which one of the games I like the most now: Carp, Gilthead, or Loosejaw. It is between those three.
Blakbead of the Meridian
-----------------------------------------------------
Avatar brought to you by Cattrin
[Jan 18, 2009 11:59:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmberLeo

If you dont use this game.. at least leave it up on this website... please!! so i can still play it. :)

Aww! That's being hosted by the CodePuppy, not OOO. He has no plans to take it down any time soon, so it should sit at http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html for a while anyway.

--Ember--
Furnishing Project - Gilthead
Proposal: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/GCPP:Proposal-Gilthead
Thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
Prototype: http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html
[Edit 1 times, last edit by EmberLeo at Jan 20, 2009 11:51:31 PM]
[Jan 20, 2009 11:51:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pn55406

How long till the new puzzle will be released? About 3 months maybe/
Blakbead of the Meridian
[Jan 22, 2009 10:01:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Here's a brief timeline:

August 2006 - GCPP announced

January 2007 - Feedback on Round 1
April 2007 - Selection of Blacksmithing puzzle announced
July 2007 - Blacksmithing added to puzzle
August 2007 - Feedback on Round 2

January 2008 - Selection of Tailoring and Weaving puzzles announced
December 2008 - Feedback on Round 3
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Jan 22, 2009 10:29:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
pn55406

What puzzle has the most suport to become the new one? Any one know.
Blakbead of the Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pn55406 at Feb 9, 2009 9:16:29 AM]
[Feb 9, 2009 9:15:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmberLeo

I don't think we're expecting to know until at least April or May.

--Ember--
Furnishing Project - Gilthead
Thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
[Feb 9, 2009 4:17:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Weesiwel

My favorite puzzle was gilthead it was very easy to understand and had the feel of a puzzle pirate puzzle.I would definitely lay this a lot and I would be tempted to stop playing bilge as much.I think it would be a challenge to higher level players and I think it lasts just the right amount of time.It's the kind of puzzle you could play if you were on for just 5 minutes.It was quite relaxing as you didn't have to rush to do it.I think it was a believable puzzle for a furnisher and would like to see it appear in game.
Weesiwel
He who laughs last, laughs loudest
[Apr 5, 2009 6:31:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randompanzy

reading Bia's blog it reminded me of GCPP's promotion. did the random winners ever get picked for prizes for commenting on all the puzzles?

Just something i was wondering though it might of been posted just too slow to find it :)
Randompanzy from Viridian now sailing on Obsidian
SO of Lion's Roar
Titled Member of Placeholder
The views on my post are of my own and not my flag.

Tranquilized says, u kno yer notorious for lagging? xD

[May 20, 2009 7:23:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.teamepsilon.net    phillip1904    GB Fayt    I'm a little kitty that goes MOO! :D [Link]  Go to top 
fodase_br

* Which puzzles tempt you to play "just one more time" even if you really should be doing something else?
Loosejaw

* Which puzzles are the most fun?
Loosejaw , carp

* Which puzzles make you feel like you are actually working at a furnisher?
Loosejaw

Anyway ,I played all the puzzles and I'd pick Loosejaw to be the next released on ypp.
[Jun 4, 2009 12:00:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EngiNerd13

Fredi: I agree with all those who claim it's too much painting, not enough building. For some inexplicable reason, it also didn't like responding to my mouse. I'd say don't use it for furnishing, but keep it handy in case we ever decide to make a painting puzzle.

Gilthead: Very interesting concept, especially liked the floating pieces at the bottom (even though WTH this stuff is doing in a river is beyond me). Agreed that it's a touch on the bright side; I'd change it to more represent different material types (wood, iron, marble, yadda, yadda, yadda) and possibly not have quite so many. I'd also probably clarify how think/strong each piece is, it's rather hard to tell. The sheer number of bonuses is also a major-league plus.

Carp: Feels too much like a cross between Rigging and SW, not enough like a new concept. DEFINITELY needs to be graphically redesigned, as I found it very difficult in these colors. Also, not relevant, but whose bright idea was it, exactly, to name it identical to the Carpentry abbreviation?

Loosejaw: I probably just didn't understand the point, but how exactly do you score well in this? I also think the malleting would need work - it seems tacked-on. If you have enough consecutive pieces, you should just need to mallet one to select them all ... at least, that's how I see it.

Mariggle/Snapper: I really really like the concept, but the execution not so much. It strikes me as yet another idea that should be kept, but not for this particular craft. Snapper > Mariggle because of the colors.

Danio: Needs to be explained FAR better. Not sure if I understand the goals that well. I like that someone's trying to adapt the Towers of Hanoi, but I don't think Puzzle Pirates is really the place for it - it IS a ton of clickwork, more than even Blacksmithing.

Shad: HOLY HUGENESS CLEAVER! This seems really big and complicated. It'll probably be easier with different sets of symbols on the board, but this took awhile to figure out. It seems really daunting at first sight.

FINAL VERDICT: Fredi and Snapper should be kept in the back of the Ringer's minds for future reference, but GILTHEAD wins my vote.
[Jul 8, 2009 9:56:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

Fredi: I agree with all those who claim it's too much painting, not enough building. For some inexplicable reason, it also didn't like responding to my mouse. I'd say don't use it for furnishing, but keep it handy in case we ever decide to make a painting puzzle.
FINAL VERDICT: Fredi and Snapper should be kept in the back of the Ringer's minds for future reference, but GILTHEAD wins my vote.
As the designer of Fredi, I'm glad ye liked the game. I even agree that it isn't much like the other furnishing proposals that went with the building aspect, but there are many elements to making furniture. I was thinking more along the lines of adding the finishing touches or making a trademark symbol on the furniture. I do hope it does indeed be used in some manner. :)
Pletoo of Sage
[Jul 8, 2009 6:09:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LoneWolfwfk

For Furnishing, I feel that Loosejaw is the BEST option. It is just addicting enough and simple enough for the average player. It makes perfect sense as a shoppe puzzle.

I find the other puzzles in this round to be a bit too confusing and too cluttered to be of any interest to the average player.

A lot of players leave the game because they have difficulty grasping the puzzles. These games would bring back many of the players that couldn't figure out how to do well in the puzzles.

PS - Just my opinion, for the tailor shoppes, I really would like to see Platy used. It too makes sense to be a shoppe puzzle and is simple enough for the average player.
Morkaleb: Captain of the crew Dua Na Bilo
Prince of Ocei E Bolei Au

"I have been, am and will be the worst spirit that ever existed either in fact or realm of fantasy."
-The Axeman
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LoneWolfwfk at Oct 15, 2009 3:07:14 AM]
[Oct 15, 2009 3:05:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Charlienoah

Carp: Good idea and I feel like I could become addicted to the game, and I want to play more BUT I nearly had a seizure the first time I cleared something and there was all that flashing. Also the colours are a bit bright.
Nadinya/Nadinyarr
Call me Nads ;o)
Gods of War
Cerulean
[Oct 16, 2009 9:20:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Distructible

Hey, I wanna try play these puzzles, but i can't play them. It don't open any window. Any solution? This happen on Game Gardens too.
Masters on Emerald.
[Oct 16, 2009 1:20:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lordrusty

Carp and loosjaw are the only puzzles I enjoy in their current incarnations, although I do think that with redesigned controls fredi could be excellent. I would suggest a right click for 1 colour, left click for the other system.

Loose jaw is by far the most fun, although I don't know if it constitutes relaxing (perhaps I shouldn't have been playing with the conveyer at full speed). Carp is also good fun, although I the fact that it was very confusing detracted from that fun slightly, perhaps because of this it's the most relaxing as you need to spend a lot more time thinking. Fredi is somewhere in the middle, less fun than loosjaw, but more fun than carp.

I don't think carp is addicting as such, it's simply too cerebral and complicated. I would say that once playing fredi I didn't want to stop, but loosejaw is much easier to get into. Loosjaw is more of a puzzle where you only have one go, but you come back to it every 5 minutes to have another, whereas fredi is something I would play six or seven times and then not play for a week.
In other words fredi would be good for the times when I don't have a labour badge, while loosejaw would be better for when I do have a labour badge.

Both loosejaw and fredi have a good carpentry analogy, I really can't decide between the two.
Who watches the watcher?
[Oct 16, 2009 4:09:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pn55406

Any one know what is happening with the puzzles? It is getting to be a long time...
Blakbead of the Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pn55406 at Nov 1, 2009 7:08:15 PM]
[Oct 26, 2009 8:37:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlandria

Any one know what is happening with the puzzles? It is getting to be a long time...

It is probably safe to say this has been mothballed, I am guessing.
It was a lot of fun, and I enjoy having such a unique trinket.

Now to go back to lurking for another 2-3 years :D
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
[Oct 25, 2012 2:21:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Irig    Perlandria [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 50   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates