• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Announcement Thread
Total posts in this thread: 50
Posts: 50   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17074 times and has 49 replies Next Thread
CraftingProj

GCPP Round 3 Feedback Reply to this Post

Yarrrrr!!!! The GCPP Round 3 Feedback and Judging period is now in progress! Which of our puzzles will be selected as the next crafting puzzle to be added to YPP?????

This thread is for general feedback on the various GCPP puzzles. You are encouraged to give more specific feedback on individual puzzles in the appropriate feedback threads below. We will collect feedback for several weeks (at least until January 4th).

While playing the games, please concentrate on whether the game is fun to play, and not on the quality of graphics, animations, sounds, etc. Whichever puzzle is chosen for YPP will have new graphics, animations and sounds, and revisions to the scoring. Any game chosen for YPP would of course be redesigned to have an interface similar to existing crafting puzzles.

In this thread, please share your thoughts on these areas:
  • Which puzzles tempt you to play "just one more time" even if you really should be doing something else?
  • Which puzzles are the most fun?
  • Which puzzles are the most relaxing?
  • Which puzzles make you feel like you are actually working at a furnisher?
Round Three puzzles:

Fredi : Play the puzzle then give feedback (How to Play )

Gilthead : Play the puzzle then give feedback (How to Play )

Carp : Play the puzzle then give feedback (How to Play )

Loosejaw : Play the puzzle then give feedback (How to Play )

Mariggle : Play the puzzle then give feedback (How to Play ) - note: This is an unfinished prototype and may not fully reflect the final design of the puzzle.

Snapper : Play the puzzle then give feedback (How to Play ) - note: This is an extension of the Mariggle concept. Please be sure to try them both before commenting.

Danio : Play the puzzle then give feedback (How to Play ) - note: This is an unfinished prototype and may not fully reflect the final design of the puzzle.

Shad : Play the puzzle then give feedback (How to Play )
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by CraftingProj at Dec 28, 2008 4:27:06 PM]
[Dec 8, 2008 5:59:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
deadlyskull

Re: GCPP Round 3 Feedback Reply to this Post

Here are my opinions:

Fredi:It could be pretty colourful yppified and is a unique game...also could be very colourful!

Gilthead:I liked this game and thought it was enjoyable and very different...easy to understand too!

Carp:fun and kinda like a rubiks cube!

Loosejaw:a bit like carp but so much different!

Marrigle:wow this is a different one fun though!

Danio:Like it or hate it it's interesting!
Currently Deadbones on the hunter ocean
[Dec 8, 2008 4:27:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmberLeo

Carp : This one is okay to play - I like it well enough, and I feel like I could speed up with practice, which is good. It's not quite engaging for some reason, but I suspect it's not a problem of concept but of art. I don't really get a furnishing metaphor here.

Danio : Mmm, feels too much busywork. That might be relaxing for others, but for me it's just tiresome.

Fredi : The idea really appeals to me, but I find the interface JUST confusing enough to interfere with my groove, which prevents it from being addicting. The metaphor doesn't feel like Furnishing, but I think it has potential as a metaphor for something else.

Gilthead : I refuse to comment on the grounds that I may incriminate myself.

Loosejaw : Solid metaphor. Almost addicting gameplay but not quite. Could be very addicting with a smoother interface, I expect. Feels a little more like it should be a duty puzzle, though. I have no sense of how long a game "should" be in this context. But then I suppose distilling is the same way. I'm not sure how to make this harder enough to stay engaging at higher levels without just making it twitchier, though.

Mariggle : This is another one where the concept seems fabulous, but in execution it was actually terribly frustrating. I honestly don't know what could be done to fix that. The metaphor feels like it's not quite on the right level of detail, for some reason. I don't feel like I'm building furniture, so much as making models of furniture out of toothpicks.

[Edited to add] Snapper: I do like this, and think it improves upon the Mariggle concept to advantage. The metaphor would need careful art choices to work.

--Ember--

P.S. I'm not sure if it's on purpose that only some of the feedback threads are open? They say "December 7th"...
Furnishing Project - Gilthead
Proposal: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/GCPP:Proposal-Gilthead
Thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
Prototype: http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html
[Edit 1 times, last edit by EmberLeo at Jan 1, 2009 3:38:30 PM]
[Dec 8, 2008 11:01:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

P.S. I'm not sure if it's on purpose that only some of the feedback threads are open? They say "December 7th"...

We will be opening two feedback threads each week so that there is a period where the puzzles are in greater focus.
[Dec 9, 2008 12:26:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmberLeo

Ahh! This makes sense. Thank you.

It's finals week, and I have no useful brain for anything but school, it seems.

--Ember--
Thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
[Dec 9, 2008 2:42:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bartholemu4

will there be a general thread to make comparison posts as Ember has done above or should those posts be made here?
sic hoc adfixium in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et ni mis propinquus ades.

...Still waiting for my free cheese ...
[Dec 9, 2008 10:16:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

That's what this thread is for.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Dec 9, 2008 10:20:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
ppplushies

Carp : This game is fun to play on occasion, but hurts my eyes. I believe if the colours got toned down, give the interface a nice shiny new make-over and changed the game play a bit, it chould be a really good game.

Danio : I didn't play this one as much as I wanted to, but I find it to be a very laid-back puzzle and less rushing, which I liked. By rushing, I mean my brain could handle in I guess; it was quick yet laid-back and relaxing, I guess?

Fredi : Like a lot of people, I found the interface confusing until I got explained what I had to do. After that, I thought the puzzle was very fun, but a tad confusing at the later levels; which is a good thing! The colours not hurting your eyes is a plus though!

Gilthead : I thought Glithead was well thought out. It is simple enough to understand it quickyl, but not dumbed down so it seems too easy. Nice work!

Loosejaw : I love the metaphor for this, but I believe adding an extra element (5th Element, anyone?) to this puzzle would make it even more complex and fun, while still keeping it simple enough for the average player to do decently on. I loved the speed changes, and though the puzzle over-all was well though out.

Mariggle : I didn't like this one very much. I don't think it had anything to do with the metaphor, and only minimally with the interface. I believe it has something to do with the gameplay, I didn't really like the little toothpick thingies.

I'll add more feedback later. Other then Glithead, Loosejaw, Carp and Fredi, I didn't play the others too much (Maybe 8 puzzles for Danio and Mariggle). Those two just didn't appeal to me as much as the others did, which I could play for hours on-end.
Kadazzle
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ppplushies at Dec 9, 2008 2:42:46 PM]
[Dec 9, 2008 2:41:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
perfectteen

Fredi - The idea was there, but it just required too much thinking. I don't want to have to spend 5 minutes planning out how to make a combo without touching my mouse during that time. Maybe if the stencil patterns were a bit different it would work out, but for now it doesn't even seem much of a furnishing puzzle as much as it seems like a ship/stall painting puzzle.

Gilthead - I couldn't get past Fine no matter what I did. I thought that I had to make it balance out, but instead all I got was it leaning to the right - which I think is the point, but the rules slightly confused me. This doesn't seem like much of a furnishing puzzle, either - maybe if it incorporated other types of furniture it would, but I don't like the strength/balancing idea much.

Carp - I like this one. The colours are a bit bright, but the pieces could be YPP-ified maybe into something other than colours like the foraging or shipwrighting pieces. The dragging/sliding is fun and could provide a challenge to successfully finish a puzzle incredibly with all the patterns available to make. To make it more of a furnishing puzzle, however, the pieces could be wood/metal/upholstery/etc so it would fit the puzzle.

Loosejaw - This is another of my favourites. Maybe the mallet should be changed into something else since it reminds me of Carp, but this is another fun game - probably because of the sliding - that could provide a challenge to players.

Mariggle - I don't understand this puzzle at all. There doesn't seem to be a point except to make squares - which I don't think is the point in the end. It doesn't seem like a furnishing puzzle to me at all.

Snapper - I found this version more interesting to play than Mariggle but it still doesn't have a furnishing type feel to it.

Danio - I was confused the first few times I played it. I still don't really get it, to be honest. It took me a while to realise that only like colours would pile on top of each other - I at least got the heaviest on the bottom part right - and even then, after completing some piles, there didn't seem to be an end. If there was, then I think it takes too long to get there even though it seems a bit simple to make the patterns.

Shad - The concept was there, but I just didn't get it. Doesn't seem like a furnishing puzzle, either - maybe weaving fits it more.

Overall, I think that Loosejaw and Carp have the most potential to be the next furnishing puzzle. They were fun and addicting, and with YPP's help, either of these could be made into a furnishing puzzle.

Nemesis broadcasts,

"The skellies are on the move. All hail Nemesis."

[Edit 1 times, last edit by perfectteen at Dec 30, 2008 5:13:12 PM]
[Dec 10, 2008 10:07:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlandria

Gilthead - I couldn't get past Fine no matter what I did. I thought that I had to make it balance out, but instead all I got was it leaning to the right - which I think is the point, but the rules slightly confused me. This doesn't seem like much of a furnishing puzzle, either - maybe if it incorporated other types of furniture it would, but I don't like the strength/balancing idea much.

Sorry the progress scale was confusing. You do want it leaning to the right.

If you are willing to try again, make at least one leg/column the same color from top to bottom, and try to have the bottom row at least be all the same shape. It is a matching game. The greenie game button will make that easier. Space bar makes the bottom go faster, since greenie game is S L O W.

I hope it is okay to reply. It just seemed mean to let someone be frustrated or confused.
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
[Dec 10, 2008 10:19:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Irig    Perlandria [Link]  Go to top 
Foarl

I've played all of the different types, and I'll admit this isn't ENTIRELY a fair judgement as some of the prototypes are unplayable up to this point. There's just not enough information to know what the heck you're doing lol.

Fredi - Interesting, hellishly difficult at the later levels, somewhat addicting. In the end I put it down because it was ticking me off lol. The game may be addicting to try and do well in, but I didn't really think it was fun and moved past it fairly quickly. It didn't really give me the sense of being a furnisher.

Gilthead - Interesting, complex yet comprehendable scoring system (some bugs with the matching system, but it's a prototype after all), completely unique design, addicting and FUN. Yes, I have been playing this game over current Yppedia puzzles, and instead of studying for my exams >.>

Also, out of all the puzzles it felt like it was closest to working for an actual furnisher. Sure, only a table, but I honestly didn't see the others as being even remotely related. Fredi felt mostly like I was being a painter or something (if you want labour for portraits here's your game).

And yes, getting an excellent on the prototype puzzle is possible. I've managed it lol. (working on inc)

(change the river to a conveyor belt and lose the colours, they make the pieces look like they're made out of metal)

Carp - Ok, kind of interesting. Reminds me of bilge in that it's pattern matching, the explanation how to play made it difficult to figure out what I was doing so I have trouble judging it. I don't see any link to furnishing really.

Danio - Boring, I've seen these types of games before and I'm not interested in having another. With proper modifications and graphics I could see it having some link to furnishing I suppose, otherwise it's pretty featureless.

Maridiggle - Without patterns no way to judge. Seem's somewhat interesting, but I still don't think it will be nearly as complex or fun as gilthead.

Loosejaw - Not a bad game, but it seems rather simple to me. And the link to furnishing seems somewhat vague, other than we have wood and pile it together... which seems more like a lumberjack than anything.
[Dec 12, 2008 8:53:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flagboy

Gilther- Sucks! I am sorry but that game makes no sense. The concept is rediculus. Having to balance evertything out is stupid

All the other ones. YOU GOT MY VOTE
Muscularguy, Officer and Cook of The Noble Shadows
[Dec 14, 2008 4:05:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharktailz

Which puzzles tempt you to play "just one more time" even if you really should be doing something else?Gilthead. This one was so much fun! Making the combos was more exciting than any of the other prototypes due to the wide variety of colors and shapes that you can build up and up. I found it very hard to pull myself away!
Which puzzles are the most fun? Other than Gilthead, Loosejaw was very, very fun. I adore the way you can build and build your pieces and combos until you decide to hammer them up and finish the job. So exciting!
Which puzzles are the most relaxing? Carp was very easy and laid back, definitely the most relaxing out of all of them. It required little though process which is very nice when you want something simple.
Which puzzles make you feel like you are actually working at a furnisher? Gilthead was the only one that really felt like a furnishing puzzle to me. I think it has to do with the hammer, makes you get into the "building" mode.
Sharktail, Sage. Avatar by Phillite!

Laptop done broked'd! PM me if you need anything.
[Dec 15, 2008 5:30:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://twitter.com/SharktailYPP [Link]  Go to top 
Ziggygirl80

Haven't used the forums before, but seeing this be impacting the future of PP, I favored puttin' in my 2 eights worth...

• Which puzzles tempt you to play "just one more time" even if you really should be doing something else?

1) I'd have to say Fredi, Loosejaw, and Mariggle.

2) Carp, Loosejaw, and Mariggle

3) Carp and Loosejaw

4) Arrr! The billion dubloon question. I'll take them one by one:

Fredi has a bit o' furnishing theme to me. Painting and stencilin' cabinetry and the like, but seems more like a painting puzzle than a crafting puzzle like perfectteen said. It's like the furniture is already built and yer just putting the finishing touches on it.

Gilthead is fun and challenging but doesn't quite have the building feel, maybe because it's only the legs of the table. Maybe more shapes would be the right touch...
The bonus shapes in the blueprint and the balance scale 'tis a nice touch though.

I don't really get the feeling of being a furnisher with Carp at all.

I'm not sure how I feel about Loosejaw. I really like the upholstery wildcards. Makes one think of the different elements involved in actual furniture - wood, cloth, wicker, nails, glue, paint, etc. But the layout is off to me; the lumber falling into the board to be hammered together. Maybe I'm nitpicking. I just want to give honest feedback though. Maybe if ye had an idea of what the finished product looked like.

The graphics in Mariggle are pretty rough, but I do like that the shapes come together to make actual representations of furniture. I never was able to make that bed...
Again, though, the dropping out the sky problem, and this time not even a hammer to put it together. Also since the blocks don't go away the board gets full pretty quickly. Maybe a clear board powerup could be implemented. Hmmm.

Lastly, Danio. Honestly, when I first played it, I thought about weightlifting, lol. I just get this feeling of bodybuildin' landlubbers switching the weights around while they do supersets. >_<

Avast. That's my two eights worth. All the protos are good in their own way. If I had to pick one overall it'd probably be Loosejaw.
Ziggygirll on Sage

-----

*TonI's Boho Page* http://www.tonisbohopage.co.cc/
*G-Rated Sites* http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OfficialGRS/
[Dec 16, 2008 4:56:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.tonisbohopage.co.cc [Link]  Go to top 
EmberLeo

I must put this out - I played Snapper which is sort of a sequel to Mariggle, and I do believe the features added there are just exactly what Mariggle needs to go from interesting to fun.

I think if it's at all possible, when the time comes for folks to consider modes of play on Mariggle, that Snapper be part of that evaluation.

--Ember--
[Dec 16, 2008 9:12:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Idleness

* Which puzzles tempt you to play "just one more time" even if you really should be doing something else?
* Which puzzles are the most fun?
* Which puzzles are the most relaxing?
* Which puzzles make you feel like you are actually working at a furnisher?

All answers are Gilthead, i seriously love this puzzle. It's super awesome.
Idleness on all oceans, but mainly on the Hunter Ocean!
[Dec 21, 2008 2:05:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grurmio

* Which puzzles tempt you to play "just one more time" even if you really should be doing something else?

Carp's puzzle is funnier, cause it's quicker, the layout isn't worked for furnishig but the logical thinking is very good.

Well, It's fun to play Gilthead, but yet I think I'm only constructing a chair.

Carp's

Actually none. I've visualized them in another way so I would feel like in a furnishing game, i think Carp's has a good potential(check what I've write in his project thread). Now to say the games are not set for furnishing game but have their particulars, they might as well improve a lot for me to think I'm working at a furnisher.
[Dec 21, 2008 4:29:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://gongo.my-place.us/ [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

In this thread, please share your thoughts on these areas:
[/quote]

One more time: Gilthead, Loosejaw and Shad. Gilthead and Loosejaw I found very addicting whereas Shad was fascinating to me.

Most relaxing: Gilthead. Something about matching was very soothing. Plus the rat made me giggle.

Most fun: Gilthead was my favorite, with Shad coming in second, and Loosejaw third.

Most like a furnisher: Gilthead and Loosejaw seemed most like a furnishing puzzle to me.

I really enjoyed being part of the feedback these last few weeks, and trying out the puzzles. All of the designers are to be commended on their works, and it is hard to be critical knowing the effort they put into their creations. I can't say that I disliked any of the puzzles, they were all great in their own way. Kudos to all involved in making these, and any of them selected as the furnishing puzzle will be a great addition to the game.
Jolyma

[Dec 29, 2008 10:07:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Arnora

Definitely Gilthead. Shad and Carp have lots of potential too

Same as above

Shad, Danio, Fredi and Carp. They all have no time limits so you have time to think. Not that a puzzle putting me on edge is a bad thing mind you. And none of them really stressed me out.

Gilthead, Loosejaw and Mariggle
Arnora on all Green oceans, but mainly Viridian

SO of Die By The Sword
Princess of Post Mortem
[Dec 30, 2008 4:56:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kaoma

Which puzzles tempt you to play "just one more time" even if you really should be doing something else?
most of all: Shad
but also: Loosejaw, Gilthead, Fredi

Which puzzles are the most fun?
Shad, Gilthead, Loosejaw

Which puzzles are the most relaxing?
Shad

Which puzzles make you feel like you are actually working at a furnisher?
Gilthead, Loosejaw

I liked Shad most of all, but it does not feel 100 % like furnishing But I think fun more important than the feeling for the shop.
Orchidee, on Cerulean and all other oceans

Don't call me Orc! I'm a flower not a beast
[Edit 2 times, last edit by kaoma at Jan 11, 2009 10:11:04 AM]
[Dec 31, 2008 4:33:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Discojack

Which puzzles tempt you to play "just one more time" even if you really should be doing something else?Fredi, Loosejaw and Shad.

Liked Gilthead and loosejaw the most in terms of enjoyment.

Dindt find any of them relaxing actually, they all seemed fast paced although it's probably just how I played them. Gilthead had a more carefree attitude to it with a rat and flowing river where you just pick out peices as they come but then agian some people find the rat stressful.

Loosejaw. Really the only one which seemed to relate to hammering wood or amterials of some sort together. Gilthead had the table theme going on so it would come second in terms of furnishing-ness but I don't put shoppe atmoshpere high on the list of what I expect from a puzzle.

I'd like to say huzzah to all the puzzle designers coders and everyone involved as well as Bia and whoever helped behind the scenes for this GCCP love being involved in this sort of game shaping events even if I personally am not the designer type. All the puzzles had their ups and downs about them. I'd have them all go in game for all to enjoy but alas furnishing can only have one interface puzzle. A more user friendly way to go from in-game to puzzle gardens would be great and I do find this event really shows people are ready to get involved in it.

Thanks and good luck to the designers!

Edit: Thanks
When God gives you lemons
Find a new God!

Viprince
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Discojack at Jan 17, 2009 11:57:01 PM]
[Jan 3, 2009 7:15:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
camelama

Which puzzles tempt you to play "just one more time" even if you really should be doing something else?

Gilt. I've been going back to this puzzle to play over and over and over. I played it so much one night while I had a fever that I dream-gilted!!

Gilt.

Gilt! I can zone out while I play, like I can in foraging and sailing and carp, where I'm puzzle-visioned and the cat has to really walk on me a bit before I pay attention to her. :)

Actually, none of them really do, I had a completely different idea of what a furnishing puzzle should be like. But Gilt and Carp come the closest for me. I like that I'm making a table in Gilt, that feels furnisher-y for me.
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving!"
-Auntie Mame
[Edit 1 times, last edit by camelama at Jan 5, 2009 12:58:10 AM]
[Jan 5, 2009 12:57:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AlyhsRolyat

Which puzzles tempt you to play "just one more time" even if you really should be doing something else? Gilthead, hands down! I was playing it when I was supposed to be going with my crew on a CI run! (Shhh...don't tell! =D)

Which puzzles are the most fun? Gilthead, Loosejaw, and Shad

Which puzzles are the most relaxing? Loosejaw. I can play it over and over (lol, once I make it go a little faster) and I hardly realize that time is passing!

Which puzzles make you feel like you are actually working at a furnisher? Gilthead and Shad

Round Three puzzles:

Fredi : A fun puzzle, but doesn't make me think of furnishing. I found that I liked it more in the higher levels of play than the lower levels. Overall, I would give this puzzle a 7 out of 10.

Gilthead : Highly addictive! I played it over and over! I loved the little PiRat (lol, although he scared me a bit the first time I saw him! I just wasn't expecting him!) I would give this puzzle a 10 out of 10! Brilliant job!

Carp : Although I am sure that it takes a lot of work to design puzzles like this, I almost envision this as a better puzzle for weaving than for furnishing. Good puzzle, but for this round I can only give it a 5 out of 10.

Loosejaw : Very well put together! I actually liked this one a lot, was hard to stop playing! The beginner rounds are a bit slow (IMO), but then I like everything to go fast, fast, fast! I give this one a 8 out of 10!

Mariggle : Not a bad puzzle. Was more impressed when I carried on and tried the Snapper puzzle. Overall, I would have to give this one a 4 out of 10.

Snapper : I really enjoyed the improvements on the Mariggle puzzle. It did cause me some frustrations, so wasn't my favorite puzzle. I would rate this puzzle a 6 out of 10.

Danio : Although this puzzle was relaxing, I got a little frustrated with the lack of speed. Also am not really sure how it relates to furnishing. I would rate this puzzle a 5 out of 10.

Shad : I like this one! Lots of fun! For furnishing or weaving! I would definitely place this one either way. This gets a 10 out of 10 from me!

Rince says, "Caution: Bellator is not to be taken by pregnant or nursing women. Consult your doctor before taking Bellator. Bellator: Isn't it about time you fought?"

[Jan 6, 2009 9:39:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ssospp3@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
pn55406

Fredi : This game I think was too difficult for puzzlepirates. Do I want to spend 10 minutes learning how to play out how to make combos? NO

Gilthead - I could not do well in it no mater how many times I played. I spent 30 min on this and gave up after that.

Carp - Fun game. I do not know how much time I spent on this one but I liked it. it could be made better by changing the colors, but over all it was good.

Loosejaw - This was my favorite of all the puzzles/games to play! I want this to be the one in Puzzle pirates!

Mariggle - All I have to say about this one would be I would be disappointed if three rings added this to PP as a furnishing puzzle.

Snapper - Ok, but Loosejaw or Carp would be better.

Danio - Fun game just takes time. I think it maybe too long for a round.If the rounds of the puzzles are short it makes it more convent, I think, for the people playing Puzzle pirates.

Shad - Not that fun. Worse than Sanpper I thought.

In the end I think Loosejaw should be the one for the game. If it is not than Carp.
The graphics in both would need to be uped, but the crew of three rings can do that easily of corse.

Chrees,
Blackbead of the vird

P.S. If I got this in late I am sorry. I was at camp. not able to be on much.
Blakbead of the Meridian
-----------------------------------------------------
Avatar brought to you by Cattrin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pn55406 at Jan 7, 2009 6:26:57 PM]
[Jan 7, 2009 6:24:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlandria

Fredi, Carp and Loosejaw. I also like playing our own proposal but I don't think that counts :D. Just add Gilthead to all 4 questions and then take it back out again as creator bias.

Carp! and Gilthead

Carp, especially before any locks show up. Gilthead, all pieces, slow rat, fast river

Fredi, Loosejaw, Mariggle, Snapper, and Danio. And Gilthead
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
[Jan 7, 2009 6:33:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Irig    Perlandria [Link]  Go to top 
Parrrdner

Gilthead wins! I love that puzzle and to me, it just seems to be far and away the best proposal from this bunch. Seems that not everyone thinks so, but ... well, I don't like Distilling and I hear that some people play it. :)
Pardner; Riot Forever
[but not around :/ these days ]
[Jan 8, 2009 11:02:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gumptiongirl

Fredi and Gilthead

GiltHead, Fredi, Snapper and Loosejaw

Gilthead and Danio (my views on Danio might be slightly distorted due to lack of Playing Knowledge)

Fredi, Gilthead, Loosejaw and Mariggle

Mini-summary on each:
Fredi So This one was good fun and brain-worthy, What i liked most was using the colour mixes in this one

Gilthead Ahh, Very Enjoyable, Easy to Pick up when i winged it, and funny too
And also provides a bit of a challenge if you want to go for a set of perfect legs.... *wolf whistles* :P

Carp The first couple of levels were fine once I'd understood what was going on, After that I couldn't handle it.. I am on Holidays after all, My brain needs a rest.. haha

Loosejaw So this one was exciting and well developed, this one was fun and exciting... just not addicting

Mariggle Good idea in this one, I'll like it even more once levels are set.

Snapper Fun to play when you are in a "clicking" mood, Proceeds much more quickly than Mariggle

Danio I was pretty much... completely lost in this one, Sorry..

ShadThis was quite hard, and Hard to understand what you are meant to do...
Scoring baffled me..
Surrptitious/ Slurppie - Cerulean

Feb Frenzy
Feb Frenzy 2.0
[Jan 8, 2009 9:49:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://gumptiongirl.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Glaucus
OceanMaster

Just my 2 PoE as a puzzler, not as anything official whatsoever (Yes, OMs puzzle. And they like it.):

If I had to pick just one to mess around with, I might go with Loosejaw; though I can get sucked into Gilthead or Shad too.
Same as above.
Loosejaw again; and potentially Carp with a toned-down color scheme, or even Shad once I get my brain wrapped around the "special" pieces.
Gilthead, Loosejaw, and to a lesser extent Mariggle/Snapper. Fredi and Shad feel more fabric oriented for some reason.

I tried playing all of the puzzles without reading anything about them, just to get a sense of how intuitive they might be. Believe it or not, not everyone reads the directions or even the "How to Play" before they try something.

Fredi was fairly easy to pick up the mechanic on, but did take some trial and error to figure out how to best maximize things. Gilthead is not the most intuitive when it comes to colors and shapes, but it does do a decent job of trying to show you how to get started with the movement of the sushi bar and the outlines for pieces to be placed. I think it could go further to illustrate the bottom-up building that's needed by using lighter-shaded or dashed outlines in places that would be an "illegal move", but that's easy enough to figure out with trial and error too.

I had a hard time trying to figure out what to do in Carp until I started clicking things. I still don't get what the focused unfolded cube is for, but maybe that's okay. The movement of Loosejaw helps define what needs to happen, though I admit I wasn't expecting it to cut off the matching at 5. Shad also wasn't the most intuitive; it did seem like I should put like things together. Trial and error helped confirm this and determine the movement. Still, the special pieces didn't always do what I thought they might, so I had a tough time figuring out when I was done.

Other random comments: I like the idea of Fredi, and I liked playing it for a little bit, but I don't know that it would hold my attention over time. Carp is the same way for me. It's fun for a little bit, but just doesn't keep me there. I had a tough time trying to get into Mariggle/Snapper. I see what it/they're trying to do, but it's just not my thing. Also, I'll admit a bias (or anti-bias) for Danio. I strongly dislike Towers of Hanoi, so I don't think I can give a fair opinion on this one, sorry.

I think I took to Loosejaw so much because I do enjoy Touch Tetris on the DS, and I can see some similarity there. The constrained sets plus keeping that zone clear would continue to make it fun over time. I find Gilthead and Shad to be intriguing, and puzzles that I would come back to because of the the challenge they provide.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the creativity, the range, and the amount of work that's gone into all of these. Thanks all who worked on them for the new games to play!
Crotchetiness by Dexla.
[Jan 12, 2009 10:14:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Loren_S

Loosejaw, Shad

*Which puzzles are the most fun?

Loosejaw, Shad. Also Fredi and Carp (with toned down colors)

*Which puzzles are the most relaxing?

Loosejaw, Fredi

*Which puzzles make you feel like you are actually working at a furnisher?

Loosejaw and Fredy somewhat
CoatOSilver, Captain of Forget About It, Retired King of ©©©, Sage
[Jan 13, 2009 12:52:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inannamute

I liked loosejaw and gilthead the most out of all the puzzles, though sometimes I found gilthead a bit annoying - waiting for that right piece, I found that often the pieces weren't moving fast enough for me.. I'd like to see that maybe at higher standings, you had both a bigger box, and bigger tables to complete, to give you more options of using a lot of pieces.. I never managed to get more than two table legs all the same color, though I did manage to get all the shapes to match..

Loosejaw was slightly unintuitive - I booched the first game without really getting what I was supposed to be doing. Once I did, and realized the 5 piece thing, it was pretty easy and fun..
Inanna, Sage
Captain of Dulce et Decorum est
Nannatars

Current Avatar by Pokeme
[Jan 13, 2009 7:56:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 50   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates