• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 62
Posts: 62   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17289 times and has 61 replies Next Thread
CraftingProj

Round 3 Feedback for Carp - now open!

This thread is for feedback on the GCPP Carp puzzle. We will collect feedback for a few weeks (at least until January 4th).

Play now!

Please try to share your thoughts on these areas:

* How easy was it to learn to play?
* What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)
* Separate from the addiction, is playing the game fun?
* Does the analogy work for a crafting puzzle?
* Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
* Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun?
* What is your favorite part of the game?
* If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?

Please concentrate on whether the game is fun to play, and not on the quality of graphics, animations, sounds, etc. If this game is chosen for YPP, we will add all that.

Do not post suggestions for improvement to this thread. Those should go here instead.

Thread is open for feedback.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by CraftingProj at Dec 14, 2008 9:12:54 PM]
[Dec 2, 2008 8:29:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ellopoppet

Re: Round 3 Feedback for Carp - now open!

For anyone else who needs help here is the wiki link

After reading the wiki instuctions I picked it up in about five minutes

* What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle)

I am really not a fan a rubix cubes so I had to push myself to finish my games.

For me no, but again, I don't like rubix cubes.

I am sure you could use artwork to make it look like it fit more but in it's current form without being told what puzzle it's for I would have no idea.

* Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game?
Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
It takes me about 6 minutes to get though it on easy. But no, it didn't feel too long or short.

2-5

I didn't really have one.

* If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players?

I didn't play enough.
~Athens~ Hunter

Want to know who makes my avatars?
[Edit 2 times, last edit by ellopoppet at Dec 15, 2008 9:56:12 AM]
[Dec 15, 2008 9:33:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
XEcastasy

You're suppose to click and drag the colors to make the patterns that are below the colorful box.

So example...

If a pattern is say...

Whitebox/blackbox
Blackbox/whitebox

Then you those two white boxes are going to be the same color, and the black boxes are going to be the same of another color.

You can pick any color

So you move the pieces and say you make a...

Blue/Red
Red/Blue

And then it will clear the pattern and give you points.

Hope that helps a little :)
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

[Dec 15, 2008 9:49:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spinbad

Very easy once I read the instructions.
More addictive at the easier level where setting up combos was easier. The higher levels felt less natural.
I thought it was entertaining.
I didn't see the association.
* Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
It felt just about right to me. Easier levels went quickly, the higher levels took a bit longer to plan out and execute for a better score.
The levels that use the "medium" pieces
Successful cascades. Felt like I had to really watch what I was doing to not mess up the next pattern.
Yes. Increasing pattern complexity with limited board real estate makes for some serious planning.
A Nefarious Miscreant
It's not an Avatar, it's an AvaTart
Truvie wrote: 
Just remember...Ignorance can be cured with education. Stupid is forever!

[Dec 15, 2008 10:20:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

Once I found the instructions, it was easy to pick up.

I enjoyed it, and I didn't mind playing it, but it wasn't something that would keep me coming back if I have other things to do.

I enjoyed it.

It might depending on graphics, but I didn't relate it to a furnishing puzzle.

I can get through the easy rounds in about 5 minutes, which feels comfortable.

I liked the more challenging levels.

I can't say one thing stood out as favorite.

I believe so, you have to plan ahead and watch your board in order to score high.
Jolyma

[Dec 15, 2008 11:24:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharktailz

* How easy was it to learn to play? It took me a few minutes to understand what I was supposed to do. The rules did not state the goal so I sat there for a minutes staring at the board, hoping to find a trigger. I noticed the shapes underneath the blocks and once I realized that I was supposed to mimic the figure I finally grasped the idea. With a clear set of instructions this could be an incredibly easy puzzle to learn.
* What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle): I'm not addicted. It is a bit plain for me to be addicted to the puzzle. I did not have to force myself to play, it was fun, but I can't see myself obsessing about this puzzle like I do about others.
* Separate from the addiction, is playing the game fun? Yes, it is fun.
* Does the analogy work for a crafting puzzle? It could definitely work as a crafting puzzle, but for some reason I think it would also do fine if it were a piracy puzzle.
* Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right? Four minutes is my average time. This time span is excellent, and although it could be lengthened, I do not see a point. It is great the way it is.
* Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun? The second level is the most fun for me (I did not tamper with any settings). Not too hard, not too easy, just right!
* What is your favorite part of the game? The overlapping dice pieces. I think that is a very clever addition the game.
* If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players? Absolutely! The high levels are extremely difficult.
Sharktail, Sage. Avatar by Phillite!

Laptop done broked'd! PM me if you need anything.
[Dec 15, 2008 12:45:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://twitter.com/SharktailYPP [Link]  Go to top 
amoyer

It was very easy to learn. For the 1st level. As soon as I got to the 2nd level, with the 2 colour pieces, it was much more difficult.

I don't find this addictive at all.

Not very

I could see this working for a weaving puzzle.

It took me a couple minutes to play a game which feels about right.

I started with preset level 1 which was pretty simple to learn and understand. As soon as the 2 colour pieces came into play I got very confused.

Not sure I had one.

I think it could be challenging but because I got confused with the 2 colour pieces I stopped playing it. I think if the 1st level was addicitive enough the addition challenge as the levels go up would help me pick it up quicker.
Cedarwings
Captain of the Crew Schmew of the Flag Schmag
Cobalt Ocean
Oceanus wrote: 
"I hear Atlantis is all fun and giggles"

[Dec 15, 2008 1:34:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
camelama

*How easy was it to learn to play?
Took me quite a while to figure out what the actual goal was - "make a clear" in the wiki instructions was still befuddling me. HOW to "make" a "clear"? What's a clear? How do you 'make' it? Once the last link finally clicked in place in me little pea brain, it all came fast.

No addiction factor for me. Doesn't tempt me back at all. Had to force myself to play it.

Not for me, no - it didn't appeal to me.

Not for carp, no. Not for me.

It felt too long - but that's because I wasn't having fun. I think if I actually liked the game, the time would have been fine.

mid-range settings

Finding different ways to slide things around

I don't think so.

Sorry to the puzzle maker - it just didn't hit my happy points.
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving!"
-Auntie Mame
[Dec 15, 2008 1:40:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sara_Sparrow

Once I read the yppedia page, it was quite easy to catch on.

* What is the addiction factor?
A bit addicting. I could have walked away, but I did not want to.

I thought it was quite fun.

If the 'colors' were designed to match furnishing in some way, I could definitely see the analogy making sense.

It took a few minutes to finish the first level. It felt about right.

I only played the first one, but found it quite fun.

Just trying to figure out what way to move a square to get it in the right spot.

I believe so.
Sarahsparrow of Cerulean
Captain of Barnacle for Brains
Lady of Riot

[Dec 15, 2008 1:54:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chada500

I picked it up as soon as I read the instructions
Well, I played it for about a half hour so that explains a lot. But comparing it to if it was implemented in the game, it might get pushed aside till later so I can do something else.
Wasn't one of the best puzzle games I've ever played, but I also like faster games, but aside from that, a pretty fun game.
It makes quite a lot of sense seeing as your trying to build different shapes, and with more detailed blocks and things like that, I could see it closely relating to a crafting puzzle.
I wasn't timing myself or anything, but I think it took me around 3-5 minutes to play the game which is a nice time, of course I don't think I was too good at it so it could have been shorter from some people, i don't know.
I mostly just played on easy, but seeing as I got more challenged o nth medium, I think that could be a little more suitable.
I really liked the rubix cube type feel and I thought it was very fluent feeling, and I dunno, just something about it was really nice along with the fact how different it is from the other YPP games.
* If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level
players?
Like I said, I wasn't really too good at it, but if it went to the hard difficulty, I could see it as quite a challenging puzzle.
Viridianmast says, "Ak the OM's are trying to sink me =P"
Dlonelyone says," Just tell them you're alone and you're trying to get across, they're pretty nice.
"Gaia tells you," Hold still while I smash you into the wall!! XD
[Dec 15, 2008 8:18:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
randompanzy

Took me awhile but when i got it it was easy. just needs better instructions.

* What is the addiction factor? Do you have to force yourself to play it a few more times in order to give decent feedback, or does it tempt you to keep playing when you have other things to do? (or somewhere in the middle): I did get alittle addicted hehe, i liked the doubles and the reflected stuff it was like a shock to me but kinda cool

Yep

* Does the analogy work for a crafting puzzle? Sadly no i dont think it would work. it reminds me too much of shipwriting. :(

* Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right? 3-6 minuntes depending on if i get distracted.

* Which level or settings did you find to be the most fun? The first level i didnt mess with the other settings though

* What is your favorite part of the game? How easy it was to play, and how it reminded me of a eaiser version of shipwriting.

* If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players? Yes it could be challenging if it got added though i cant really see it being added to pp :(
Randompanzy on every ocean mainly Viridian
SO of Puzzling Privateers
Royal of Imperial Madness

Tranquilized says, u kno yer notorious for lagging? xD

Donsmythe wrote: Welcome to Yohoho Puzzle Pirates Vista

[Dec 15, 2008 10:01:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.teamepsilon.net    phillip1904    GB Fayt    I'm a little kitty that goes MOO! :D [Link]  Go to top 
MrTeatime

I got a grasp of the game mechanics quite fast. I had more problems finding out, that you only can complete the first pattern and you don't have the choice of the three given, but a look into the instructions would have prevented that.

If you like the kind of puzzle you could play it on and on. But I think, that a lot of obstacles will annoy fast.

Yes. It's fun for people who like finding patterns.

It's meant for Furnishing, but it could also fit for Weaving.

The default settings of the demo feel right.

A decent mixture of multicolored cubes and frozen cubes.

finding a way to get a chain

Since the new cubes are created randomly there is no way of training certain patterns. So I think that for Ult level players there will still be a challenge.
Eldrick auf Opal
Leitender Offizier (Senior Officer) der Ghosts of Darkness
Priester des dunklen Lords El Pollo
[Dec 16, 2008 9:09:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mrteatime2001    JonathanTeatime    22517701 [Link]  Go to top 
Shiekan

Very Easy

I had to force myself... Its very boring

Not really

I don't think so

It took me bout 5 minutes and was tooooo long

Non

The part when it said game over!?!

Don't think so
Mootsie on Sage ocean
[Dec 16, 2008 2:07:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
puppy1254170

It was fairly easy, once I discovered the patterns at the bottom that kind of hid from my screen.
Somewhere in the middle, I didn't force myself to play, but I didn't have to struggle to stop playing.
It's pretty fun, yes.
In a way, yes.
about 3 minutes. It feels in between too short and just right.
The default settings.
I like spinning and spinning it like a Rubiks cube :)
Possibly, but I can't think of what you could do to the game to make it more challenging.

Missjessica on Sage.
Missjessica on Sage Emerald

Starting back up from square one. *Sigh*
[Dec 16, 2008 2:25:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmberLeo

It took me a little bit of time to figure out the multi-colored cubes, but I got it ok. I've played Chuzzle a lot, so the rest was very straightforward.

I'm not sure. I like it better and better as I play it, which is a good sign, but I have to push myself to play it in the first place, so without motivation, I might never reach addiction in the first place.

I think it definitely can be, but finding the right balances is going to be very tricky.

I don't really get that there is any analogy there right now, but I think with the right graphics it could work. If you need a furnishing puzzle, then I suppose you'd need to put wood grain textures and upholstery and such.

* Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game?
I still have no sense of time. I did feel like this is a slow-down-and-think game, which is actually kind of nice. Only I don't have the option of half-assing it at all, because it's slow-down-and-think just to get the patterns matched *at all*, which is the base level, wheras I can choose to get a lower score by half-assing my way through Alchemistry or Blacksmithing (two of my favorite puzzles in all of PP) or I can slow down and plan further ahead and get a better and better score. Yes, I speed up as I get better, but I also slow down as I get more dedicated, and I think that's good.

Hmm, I found all the levels good, but in different ways. I found the lowest level the most fun in a PuzzlePirates kind of way, because it could be fast paced, or I could slow down and try to plan ahead for combos.

That I'm making specific patterns, rather than just matching sets of 3+. Not to belabor the point, but Chuzzle Deluxe has full-board puzzles (without the multi-colored cubes, and no lock-ups) and I found those to be SO much more entertaining than the original typical match-3 function. I'm delighted to see that as the base of the game here, and in a less-than-full-board way.

If they have my kind of brain, yes, I think so. I think the greater question is there a way to have it cover the full range - assuming the complications are meant to be increased with your skill level, I think you're golden. But this game isn't going to appeal to everyone. I think it's one of the kinds that will appeal to a very particular kind of person, and others won't bother with it. I guess that's safe with a crafting puzzle, though ;)

I see potential for it in this game, but I think you'd have to make it so the three potential patterns at the bottom can be filled in *any* order, rather than having to be filled in *that* order, if you want to make the game flexible enough that it can be half-assed at all.
Actually, I kind of wish you'd do that anyway, because I regularly found myself trying to match the middle pattern, rather than the leftmost. I have no idea why...

Obviously combinations and doubles and such make the upward range very flexible, and that's a good thing.

While I'm at this (in the wrong section, I'm sure) I didn't care for the lock-up effect. The multi-color elements are plenty enough, I think. The lock-ups kind of disappointed me, actually, since I thought that put me right back into Chuzzle whereas I was very pleased with the variation that made this game NOT Chuzzle. And it didn't really add anything necessary to the game, so why bother?

--Ember--
Furnishing Project - Gilthead
Proposal: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/GCPP:Proposal-Gilthead
Thread: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
Prototype: http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html
[Edit 1 times, last edit by EmberLeo at Dec 16, 2008 4:07:49 PM]
[Dec 16, 2008 4:02:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Master15S

It was hard to find the purpose, at first, but then I read the instructions and it was easy ^_^
/e is tempted right now, and has only played one game.. But I SHOULD be eating O.O
Yes!
Yes, because it is building something, just like Blacksmithing is smelting something.
It took me about ten minutes? and that is just right.
I only tried level one so far, but the higher levels looked like tons of fun
All of it.
I would think so, because it changes enough each time that, like gunning, you could get what looked like an impossible board. That would be challenging AND fun ^_^

Padme
PS: I loved it!
PadmeMaster-- Only playing when she feels like it

I'm SICK of moving. Yay for one last move for a while!

[Dec 17, 2008 6:32:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://Padmemaster.googlepages.com [Link]  Go to top 
yasinath

* How easy was it to learn to play? very easy.
meh. I don't think I'd avoid this puzzle but I wouldn't be likely to look forwrad to playing it again.
it was ok. I wish you could satisfy any of the patterns rather than just the "next" one, but I guess that's where chaining comes in.
It didn't really have any specific content. It's just colors. I think it could be adapted, maybe for a cloth-making or dying puzzle.
It seemed pretty short.
I only played the default level.
I managed to chain once at the end, which was cool. It was difficult to chain, so that made a good challenge.
I think that would depend on how the point structure was set up, but it could potentially be a good challenge. It's like a huge rubik's cube puzzle.
[Dec 18, 2008 12:09:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    groundlingchild [Link]  Go to top 
Loren_S

somewhat. The differnt colored cubes are not that intuitive

medium. Had no problem stoping it. High levels where abit frustrating at times.

Hard to say. He colors of the prototye hurt my eyes. Higher levels demanded more concentration than I was willing to invest.

not that well

About right. On low levels a bit short. On high ones way to long

The lower settings, that could be done faster. The higher levels required too much thinking and trying

moving the "bands" around

The high levels are challenging. But might be a drag.
CoatOSilver, Captain of Forget About It, Retired King of ©©©, Sage
[Dec 18, 2008 6:06:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bartholemu4

I felt this one was a little difficult to figure out because of sensory overload. The riot of color and shapes on the playing field distracted me from the purpose of creating patterns within the field
honestly, i only really wanted to play it enough to get a feel for it. I don't think this would be a puzzle that i wanted to come back a play regularly.
I suppose there was some amusment involved in the actual play mechanic - especially when I realized the potential for setting rolling combos. I would point out, however that with a queue of only three goals - getting any combo beyond a triple will be due to shear blind luck.
As with some of the other potential games - I really don't see a strong contection to furniture crafting here, infact, I'm not sure a see a strong connection to any particular crafting puzzle need. while it is true that the puzzle has an a farily low "annoyment" factor in relation to the grinding that occurs on other crafting puzzles, I think the puzzle is too cerebral to connect to an actual crafting activity.
sic hoc adfixium in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et ni mis propinquus ades.

...Still waiting for my free cheese ...
[Dec 18, 2008 9:29:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aleashia530

I couldnt figure out how to play!
[Dec 18, 2008 10:33:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlandria

The dragging movement was easy to figure out. Understand that they were rotating cubes took me a while the first time I played months ago, but that is something artwork and animation can really help with and not a problem.

Despite being slightly addicted to Chuzzle, I am not addicted to this. I don't know if it is the lack of eyes following my cursor, no cute noises and explosions or what. It may be that because I am so tactile and play with dice so much in my real life I just don't want to play with dice I can't pick up and touch.

Yes! especially around level 5.

Not really. But it might be a great solitaire style Inn game for people who want to hang out at the Inn for social reason but don't want to be in a group table. I associate dice more with Liars Dice and other bar games.

I didn't time myself, but I think it is too short.

Around level 3 it got interesting enough that some addiction kicked in, and I had the most fun at level 5. Above that I was too frustrated that they weren't real dice and I was having a hard time remembering the rotation because they weren't real to me. More time in a learning curve, or art that lets me track better, I'd probably be happy in the level 6 or 7 range.
It was disappointing how easy it was to accidentally fulfill a pattern while trying to arrange it in another spot because of the way the colors rotate on different sides of the dice. I felt rewarded for luck, and that my skill was incidental. How am I supposed to look ahead to the next two patterns as combos with this happening? This was especially true of the offset diagonal 4 square, the one that would be AB on row one and BA on row two. Take that pattern out of the higher levels.

I do like dice quite a bit, even if it does make me twitch in the 'I want to pop the corners off the rubiks cube and reassemble rather than solve' way.

Yes, if you can make it less easy to luck into a pattern, since that wrecks planned combos
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
[Dec 18, 2008 11:04:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Irig    Perlandria [Link]  Go to top 
Yuukiko

i got the idea just playing it, it didn't had that much science...

mmm... well, when i was like 6 months old i HATED CARP, i relized it wasn't that easy just looking at it, i pushed myself to get it more, and yay, i got renowned (SADLY NOW I LOWERED DOWN, AND I DON'T KNOW WHY T_T) its just addictive when you are having so many masterpieces

Sometimes, but i would say its entretaining, then it gets tierdsome,boring, sometimes... just like rubik's cubes (i know how to solve them...)

uh??

well, its fine ^^

i like the common pieces... they are cool =w=

when that cute hammer gets yellow and starts movin' faaassstt!!! gettin' MP!

Of course, practice is what makes teacher... whas it like that that say? even though i don't have that much time T_T

Yuuji from the Cobalt Cerulean Ocean! and all other oceans.
VIVA MÉXICO CABRONES!

Check out my Miiverse!
[Dec 18, 2008 11:32:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlandria

Appears to mix up Carp(entry) the Duty Puzzle and Carp the Fish Name Assigned to This Proposal

Try playing the puzzle over here:
http://www.alpha-slash.com/ypp/carp1.asp
It is the Play Now link from the top of the thread.
Like Ships, Three Rings named the Proposals after FISH! This proposal just happens to be named Carp, the fish that look like koi only not as pretty? Yes, we all call the duty puzzle Carpentry the word Carp, but right now we mean the fish and this proposal:
http://www.alpha-slash.com/ypp/carp1.asp
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
[Dec 18, 2008 11:38:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Irig    Perlandria [Link]  Go to top 
Anneogram

The instructions below the game didnt help, instructions in this thread helped me. Once a understood how to move pieces it was easy to learn
It was OK the biggest problem was I did not understand what colours would appear in the multicolour block when I moved it. I suspect the cross at the side of the game was supposed to help but I was not able to predict which colour the block would turn if I moved the block up/down etc. If I understood this it would add to the fun of the game.
It was quite good fun to play
Perhaps work best as weaving puzzle?
* Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game? Didnt notice time, assume it was about 5-10 mins About right
5-7 if I could predict the colours blocks would turn better the higher levels would be more fun
Level 9 was too hard with the blocks changing colour AND big patterns.
I can see the possibility to create chains
* If you played enough to get good at this game, will it provide a challenge for Ult level players? Yes is could be challenging for ults
[Dec 19, 2008 3:22:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamiya29

Carp is really fun, its the most relaxing.

(honest thought)

I wish there would be more carp events from now on...
[Dec 19, 2008 7:31:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kaoma

ok
not addictive for me at all, had to force myself to keep playing
not for me
not for me
I never watch time when playing sorry. but it felt right
1st
chains
prolly
Orchidee, on Cerulean and all other oceans

Don't call me Orc! I'm a flower not a beast
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kaoma at Dec 31, 2008 4:16:46 AM]
[Dec 20, 2008 8:09:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Was really easy once I read... a lot of times.... the instructions.
Addictive at an easier level, but harder levels was really boring.
It is fun for a little while
If colors are changed to wood-cloth-iron-etc. or other products a furnisher uses, then yes.
It is fine at the earlier levels, harder levels take too long to plan.
The levels which spawns the medium difficulty pieces
Just clearing stuff.
Yes. Trying to plan your board so you don't screw up is a real challenge.
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Dec 20, 2008 9:25:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Loonytonks

Was a bit confusing at first but after a game or two it seemed quite simple
Quite addicting, not the most addicting thing ever but will keep me from doing important other things
Yes except for the nails which are just annoying.
Seems quite random, but with graphics could probably seem fitting.
About right
3/4
Dosnt really seem like enough different parts to answer this
Yes, boxes with 6 colours make it hard
Promethious on Sage, Yes I cant spell and happened to pick an OM name.

Officer of Atlantean Explorers.
[Dec 20, 2008 2:05:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Uberlypirate

The early levels were perfect for learning but starting at a higher level would be ridiculous
It was pretty addicting at first but after about level 6 I just decided to be done
The game play is fun. It takes alot of thought for some things so it's not just a mindless puzzle
If you mixed it with sailing a little and came up with something other than colors you the analogy would work oh so much better
About right
4/5
I like the feel of the controls
Ult players would find it extremely enjoyable i think
[Dec 21, 2008 11:16:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ppplushies

After reading the wiki and looking at the nice pictures, I found it easy to learn to play.

I had to force myself to play it a little more then I wanted to, to make sure I had good and reliable feedback.

I don't really like these type of games, so, for me, it wasn't too much fun.

Kind of. Mixing up the colours would've been better, but I think it works.

It feels about right. Wasn't too long, but I got bored, mostly because of the puzzle though.

4/5, made it hard, but not impossible. I probably would've like 5/5 more, but I don't really like these types of games.

I second the feel of the controls part. It was the only thing that really appealed to me, as I dislike the game concept.

Of course. All crafting puzzles are hard to keep and maintain Ult at, so it will be one of the easier ones, but 100% it will still be hard.
Kadazzle
[Dec 21, 2008 1:06:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 62   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates