• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1465 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
captainada

buy this old salt a drink... what's that for? Reply to this Post

ahoy mates!

now i've been wondering what that option was for...

[URL=http://img80.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img80&image=buydrink.jpg][/URL]

i've paid 10poe for the drink and this is what i got:
Sweet Margaret says, "m.rumor_coming(Annoying Spot, Papaya Island)"

idea anyone?
----------------------------------------
~ Adee ~ on Sage
Ocean Lords
Red Flag Armada

~ Starless ~ on Midnight
Vendetta's Sprouts
WIDOWS and ORPHANS
[Sep 18, 2004 6:54:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lucretzia

Re: buy this old salt a drink... what's that for? Reply to this Post

Old salts give information about where to find player ships carrying goodly amounts of money/goods. They're a bit broken at the moment, though.

That should say something to the effect of the Annoying Spot is sailing from Papaya towards whatever island you were on, carrying enough assets to make pvping them worthwhile.
[Sep 18, 2004 6:58:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    high+alchemitrix [Link]  Go to top 
captainada

Well Thanx Lucretzia!! You rock girl!! :)

wow i learned something new about this game... woohoo!
~ Adee ~ on Sage
Ocean Lords
Red Flag Armada

~ Starless ~ on Midnight
Vendetta's Sprouts
WIDOWS and ORPHANS
[Sep 18, 2004 8:48:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadowboi1

I've been a victim... Reply to this Post

Fortunately a flag officer saw the "tip" when it happened and gave us a quick heads up, but we were indeed sailing full of stuff we'd plundered, exploring the outer arches. And boy did people heed that old salt. I've never had to fight so hard, so consistently, for what should have been an easy little sail from Park to the Diamond arch!

Heh... we didn't lose a thing, though!
[Sep 21, 2004 6:37:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

The old salts are booched, though... I was running 80 rum/80 shot in a war brig pillage, nothing in the booty or hold, and someone warned me I had been old salted. There's no way that that should have been enough to make me fat.
[Sep 21, 2004 11:03:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

lizthegrey wrote: 
The old salts are booched, though... I was running 80 rum/80 shot in a war brig pillage, nothing in the booty or hold, and someone warned me I had been old salted. There's no way that that should have been enough to make me fat.

How much poe did you have?

At last check (quite a while ago), the salts didn't care what you had in the hold, only how much poe was aboard...

atteSmythe,
who should check again. Mmm...salts...

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Sep 22, 2004 2:07:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Eustacio

I've gotten some crazy tips from the Old Salts before. Got a tip a week or two ago, went out after it (/vwho showed the ship wasn't in battle at all while I was hunting it), engaged, and won. Got something like 200 PoE and a couple low to medium goods.

I've got to wonder if they're based on how much is sailing around the ocean at one time myself. Give you a 'big tip' that isn't all that big, but big compared to what else is out there.
Dergon
Senior Officer of Knights of the Republic
[Sep 22, 2004 2:39:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

atteSmythe wrote: 
lizthegrey wrote: 
At last check (quite a while ago), the salts didn't care what you had in the hold, only how much poe was aboard...

I had nothing in my pockets. Maybe my jobbers didn't go bank or something... which would explain it...
[Sep 22, 2004 2:50:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

I wonder how often I've been salted...
[Sep 22, 2004 3:39:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

The old salts did give me a correct tip, they gave me the name of the ship, i /vwho ed it, and the guy said he had 10k aboard. I never caught him :(
[Oct 4, 2004 12:31:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Smolder

The guy told you what he had in his hold?

Wow, you must be extra-super cool :)
-Harding
[Oct 4, 2004 11:54:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jddogg

Once some dude told me he had 30k poe, yarrow, and krakens blood in his hold so i tracked him down and got it :P Another time someone told me they had 3,500 sugar cane on a grand frig and he was all alone :P didnt get that person tho har har. But i did get the same person 2 times earlier that day.
[Oct 15, 2004 3:37:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates