• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 17369 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
AngryChair

New gunning video Reply to this Post

So, I thought some people might find this useful, I know there's some out there but I figured that different vids from different people is never a bad thing

Enjoy

Download
----------------------------------------
[size=7]Sun shines in the bedroom when we play
the raining only starts when you go away

[Sep 17, 2004 9:54:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mellonco11ie [Link]  Go to top 
SailinTony

Re: New gunning video Reply to this Post

Holy wow, is that sped up?
Long-dormant Sailintony , Midnight.
Actively Carlbert, Emerald.
[Sep 18, 2004 3:01:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peax

SailinTony wrote: 
Holy wow, is that sped up?

Hmm, I don't think it is.
'Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
(-Keats)
[Sep 18, 2004 3:36:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AngryChair

I did not speed it up.

And I'm not sure if there's a difference in speed between a low-end ultimate and a top 10 ultimate, but for reference, I was #3 in the ocean when I made that.

Interestingly enough, I don't really use big loops, unless it's a near perfect board for a loop, but I focus on one cannon at a time, and it seems to work just fine. :)

[Sep 18, 2004 4:17:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mellonco11ie [Link]  Go to top 
blue_jacket

I usually hover around 7-10th in Emerald, and my guns don't go anywhere near that fast. Maybe 5/8 of that speed.
-Yaten
YPPedia administrator. Mostly retired.

[Sep 18, 2004 4:59:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YatenPirate [Link]  Go to top 
Sarterixa

The higher your ultimate the faster it goes. The speed difference between a low and high ultimate in gunning is rather ridiculous; after playing in the high ultimate speed it feels like the low ultimate is sluggish.
Sart
Senior Officer of Black Death
[Sep 18, 2004 5:25:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Into the list you go :)
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Sep 19, 2004 7:37:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
AngryChair

That is true. The other day I bnavved + gunned on my choppy computer, and I dropped down to legendary in Jet. Compared to top 10 it was sluggish indeed.

Here's another I made, before the previous one, but I didn't clip the the screen to just the gunning board, but it turns out that RAR compresses really well, so it's still fairly small.

Still poking around with quality settings, so this might be a bit less than the previous.

Funny to note that for the last cannon I place an arrow in the corner which is really not necesary, it's just a..tic.

Download

[Sep 22, 2004 8:59:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mellonco11ie [Link]  Go to top 
Quizzical

It's not just rating that makes guns to faster or slower. I can easily get the pieces moving painfully slowly while still in the top 10. I tried gunning with an alt that had never gunned before and it only took a few minutes to get the pieces up to speed, long before I was near the top 10.
There is no "i" in "complex numbers".
[Sep 22, 2004 9:03:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nuroticfish

What does affect speed then, Quizzical? Other than dumping pieces overboard -- I want faster not slower.

I find that the drop in speed when I have to reload the puzzle - i.e. coming back after a swordfight - is virtually unbearable. After loading 1-3 cannons (depending on how quick I do the first) it's back up to what I'd like, but I make more misloads loading those 1 or 2 than I do in the rest of a 45 minute blockade round or a long sea battle because I'm used to the faster speed.

Would love to know how to keep speed at the pace I like.
[Sep 22, 2004 11:39:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kathrines

I got a message about the program not being able to be opened wwhen I went to open it. I wonder if I must do something first?
THanks
[Sep 23, 2006 6:53:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

Two year bump to the day.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Sep 23, 2006 1:50:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
sivius

Two year bump to the day.

Surprisingly, I don't really mind bumps with good timing to chuckle at.
Sivius
Unretired, sort of.
[Sep 23, 2006 2:36:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bobbaganoosh

Bumped***

Because I care too much.
Spongebob.

Gunner of Serve no Porpoise.

Lord of Forever Untamed
Former royal of Valor.

Zombie kittens!click here!
[Aug 21, 2007 10:31:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sivamen

I clicked on the link but it says that it doesnt exist, i think it has been removed or something. Is there any other way to view it?
[Sep 6, 2008 12:49:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

I clicked on the link but it says that it doesnt exist, i think it has been removed or something. Is there any other way to view it?

Well maybeeeeee because it was posted FOUR YEARS ago?
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[Sep 6, 2008 2:11:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

A not-so-new video, then? =)
[Sep 6, 2008 2:20:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

I have no idea where you could find a gunning video :(
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Sep 6, 2008 2:58:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates