• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 72
Posts: 72   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19437 times and has 71 replies Next Thread
Gaea
OceanMaster

Illustrate "The Curse of the Cursed Isles"! (Win an OM egg) Reply to this Post

Recently, Headquarters commissioned Hephaestus to take a group of OMs to the Cursed Isles, in order to ensure that they were a safe place, and to seek out the strange and wonderful things which can be found there. He blackmailed a few of us assembled a team consisting of Galene, Cronus, and Gaea, and we set out. We managed to pack notepads and are detailing our adventures on the Puzzle Pirates Blog, but wouldn't you know it, my son managed to knock the portrait easel overboard. He takes after his father. As no mission report is complete without pictorial evidence, we are coming to you for help so that Artemis doesn't yell at us. We don't need it to be perfect, but we do need it to be speedy!

Your task is to pick a scene from the day's blog entries, and illustrate it. You will have 24 hours from the time the last entry of the day is posted (at which point we'll update this thread with links to all the entries from that day.) Beyond that, there are no rules. Cut things out of magazines to make a collage, assemble your friends to model for photographs with amusing props, use your leet photoshop skills, paint a sixty-foot-high mural on the side of a handy warehouse, draw stick figures in Paint - it's entirely up to you. Prizes will vary, and the winners will receive lovely eggy furniture. The entry thread is here.
----------------------------------------
A Pirate says, "u know OMs are much nicer than i thought"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Gaea at Nov 24, 2008 8:47:40 PM]
[Nov 24, 2008 8:46:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gaea
OceanMaster

Re: Illustrate "The Curse of the Cursed Isles"! (Win an OM egg) Reply to this Post

An easy one today! Only one blog post.

Today's blog post can be found here!

The winner for today will receive a rare and valuable Gaea egg, and assorted other goodies will also be distributed to runners-up. We're also going to round up the deadline to give you an extra ten minutes. Please have your entries posted in the entry thread by 9PM, Pirate Time, on November 25th. Late entries will not be considered.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Gaea at Nov 24, 2008 8:53:26 PM]
[Nov 24, 2008 8:52:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharktailz

Re: Illustrate "The Curse of the Cursed Isles"! (Win an OM egg) Reply to this Post

Curses! 'Tis a shame that I am leaving for a Thanksgiving getaway tomorrow morning and I won't have enough time to participate. If only I could squeeze in a collage of some sort. Next time, next time...
Sharktail, Sage. Avatar by Phillite!

Laptop done broked'd! PM me if you need anything.
[Nov 24, 2008 11:13:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://twitter.com/SharktailYPP [Link]  Go to top 
Ciri5

does it mean we have only 24 hours to make an entry?
Ciri on Hunter

Yay for Tan and Brown everything!
[Nov 25, 2008 5:15:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://malpanka.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Gaea
OceanMaster

does it mean we have only 24 hours to make an entry?

Aye, that's right. *grins evilly*
[Nov 25, 2008 5:32:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BlackBeth

Yay! Doodles have arrived early!
Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
[Nov 25, 2008 6:46:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
Gaea
OceanMaster

*grin* This is not a doodle! Technically. They're, um, er... scribblings!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Gaea at Nov 25, 2008 8:59:21 AM]
[Nov 25, 2008 8:54:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eurydice
Community Manager

Cronus wins my OM egg for firing my cat out of that cannon. The egg will be forming shortly on his head, and it will indeed be black and purple.
Sigismundo tells you, "Ask not for whom the tiny violin shrills. It shrills for thee."
[Nov 25, 2008 7:50:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Eurydice [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

Cronus wins my OM egg for firing my cat out of that cannon. The egg will be forming shortly on his head, and it will indeed be black and purple.

I think you just inspired a new egg for next easter.. someone make note! :o
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[Nov 25, 2008 7:53:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eurydice
Community Manager

I think you just inspired a new egg for next easter.. someone make note! :o

The black and purple Egg of Pwnage?
Sigismundo tells you, "Ask not for whom the tiny violin shrills. It shrills for thee."
[Nov 25, 2008 7:55:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Eurydice [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

The black and purple Egg of Consequences!
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[Nov 25, 2008 7:58:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eurydice
Community Manager

Delishus, delishus consequences. OM NOM NOM.
[Nov 25, 2008 8:03:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Eurydice [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

/me looks at your avatar.
You mean you can EAT it, and not share I might add, but I can't give it a little flying lesson? ZOMG Cat Conspiracy!
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[Nov 25, 2008 8:48:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eurydice
Community Manager

You mean you can EAT it, and not share I might add, but I can't give it a little flying lesson? ZOMG Cat Conspiracy!

No cats were harmed in the eating of this cat!
[Nov 25, 2008 8:51:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Eurydice [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

No cats were harmed in the eating of this cat!

Funny, that's what I tell the parents of the children who I have for invite to dinner.
[Nov 25, 2008 8:54:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gaea
OceanMaster

Day one results!

This was a very tough decision! I had it narrowed down to my top two, but then took ages to choose between them, as they both have very high degrees of awesomeness.

THe winner of today's egg is Mobutu of Sage, for the most forlorn-looking gull I've ever seen in my life, and the very ominous-looking fog wrapped around Knot Sayphe Atoll.

A very, very close runner up, who will win a rename of the sloop of their choice to the Skewered Puffer, is Xeitgeist. Look at Cronus's brooding face as he contemplates whether or not to take a bite!

Flaff on Hunter wins a powder bag and small cannonballs (furniture item), for practice in case an unwary cat ever wanders along. This entry made me laugh a lot.

Roseash of Viridian wins a blue daisy - I particularly like the bucket, and the bare feet!

I had initially planned to only award one egg, but apparently self-restraint is not my strongest suit. Therefore, Kiziak of Viridian will also win one, for providing an image which, were this to be printed out as a book, would work very well as cover art. I particularly like Hephaestus's beard and Cronus's pointy hat.

*galene sneaks in to edit links to winners entries*
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Galene at Nov 29, 2008 3:16:10 PM]
[Nov 25, 2008 9:02:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

This had better end with Heph getting his shirt sliced off by a horny Vulcan.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Nov 25, 2008 9:27:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Hephaestus
OceanMaster

This had better end with Heph getting his shirt sliced off by a horny Vulcan.

Every day ends with Heph getting his Shirtless Kirk on.
[Nov 26, 2008 1:04:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

It's time to help us illustrate our second day of the expedition. There are several blog posts for you to chose from. You can illustrate any of these:

Galene's
Gaea's
Hephaestus'
Cronus'

The winner(s) for today will receive a Cronus egg, and assorted other goodies will also be distributed to runners-up. We're also going to round up the deadline to give you an extra few minutes. Please have your entries posted in the entry thread by 1:15AM, Pirate Time, on November 27th. Late entries will not be considered.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Cronus at Nov 26, 2008 1:30:05 AM]
[Nov 26, 2008 1:13:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Master15S

Yay ^_^ This is kinda fun.. normally I'm told NOT to copy/paste and given five thousand + Rules (Ok, 5..). I love no (real) rules in this ^_^

btw, Cronus, you really ought to pack food when you go on 'vacation...'

Padme

Yes I think you can teach the cat to fly.. just avoid water..
PadmeMaster-- Only playing when she feels like it

I'm SICK of moving. Yay for one last move for a while!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Master15S at Nov 26, 2008 7:39:31 AM]
[Nov 26, 2008 7:38:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://Padmemaster.googlepages.com [Link]  Go to top 
Xeitgeist

>:D

Skewered pufferz. numnumnumnum.

Gratz Mobutu mon! Gratz ter Kiziak, Roseash and Flaff toos! :::D

Now I need to go off on ponder on whether or not I should rename that sloop or sink it on CI. Ebil, eeebil, dezishenz.

Thanks fer the day 1 fun tiemz. Now off to twooo!

Yay fer doodles scribblez!!!
xeitgeist of purdywinkle oshun iz tired
i tumble around heer
[Nov 26, 2008 9:21:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://bisdakbytes.tumblr.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Yoccm

Trial with error
Tried and still failed,

Best of luck better artists,
Every once in a blue moon, the moon turns blue.
[Nov 26, 2008 9:45:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cambiata

*sigh* for having no time yesterday to do an entry. But I will need to do one today. *covets the Cronus Egg*
Cambiata,
~Co-Captain of the crew Validus and Queen of the flag Sea Change~
from the Viridian ocean

Gallery
[Nov 26, 2008 9:51:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://cambiata.deviantart.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Master15S

Ya.. and maybe I'll do something better tomorrow (Or mine today will win, but I'll still enter tomorrow...).. Who knew 24 hrs was so long, anyway?

Padme
PadmeMaster-- Only playing when she feels like it

I'm SICK of moving. Yay for one last move for a while!

[Nov 26, 2008 11:15:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://Padmemaster.googlepages.com [Link]  Go to top 
Squatek

Day one results!

I had initially planned to only award one egg, but apparently self-restraint is not my strongest suit. Therefore, Kiziak of Viridian will also win one, for providing an image which, were this to be printed out as a book, would work very well as cover art. I particularly like Hephaestus's beard and Cronus's pointy hat.

Thx a lot ^^ It is realy big surprise ^^
Kiziak on the Viridian ocean

[Nov 26, 2008 12:58:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

This is fun! And I learnt what Pandanus are.
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Halloween is coming!
Current avvie by Bambeh and Pria

I collect avatars
[Nov 26, 2008 1:09:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Hmm.. if I wanted to do one picture with a 4-panes incorporating one scene from each OM's blog is that allowed or do I need to do one picture featuring only one OM scene according to their blog? Thx :D
Faeree of Emerald~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Nov 26, 2008 2:25:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

Hmm.. if I wanted to do one picture with a 4-panes incorporating one scene from each OM's blog is that allowed or do I need to do one picture featuring only one OM scene according to their blog? Thx :D

I'd suggest just doing one scene. Each day you should have a chance to do another anyway, and this way you can really take the time to work on one.
[Nov 26, 2008 2:30:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gaea
OceanMaster

This is fun! And I learnt what Pandanus are.

Puzzle Pirates: Fun AND educational! :-D
[Nov 26, 2008 2:34:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarletskull

Beg yer parden, but how do you find the time stamp? I only see the date.
[Nov 26, 2008 11:46:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 72   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates