• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 29
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10258 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
Stephensam

Lime Day 24-Hour Extravaganza! [Over 1,500,000 PoE in prizes!] (12-16-08)

Banner by: Sandiibottom

Ahoy mates, December is a big milestone for Lime Day! December 16, 2007 was the start of Lime Day, so it is only fitting to make December 16, 2008 a big day. In honor of this sweet day, I will be holding a 24-hour extravaganza all across the Cobalt Ocean! Each event is listed on the schedule below! Aside from these events, I still encourage pirates to make tournaments and go on lime-inspired ventures! All events should be expected to start at their listed times and end rougly around the ending times.

Tuesday, December 16th 2008, All day long!
12:01 AM - 6:00 AM - Event Blockade
6:30 AM - 8:30 AM - Swordfighting, drinking, treasure drop, and rumble tournaments
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM - Scavenger Hunt
11:15 AM - 12:00 PM - Lime house judging
12:15 PM - 12:45 PM - Lunch Break
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM - Trivia event at Estate
2:15 PM - 4:00 PM - Dock Challenges at DN
4:30 PM - 6:30 PM - The PoE is Right
6:45 PM - 7:30 PM - Dinner Break
7:45 PM - 9:00 PM - Lime Race
9:15 PM - 10:15 PM - Lime Raffles
10:30 PM - 11:00 PM - Donation collection
11:15 PM - Final Tournament posted

Now, for the descriptions for each event:

Event Blockade
- At Garden Cradle
- 5 Round Blockade
- Sloops, Cutters, Dhows, Baghlahs, Longships only
- Ignore Alliances
- Non-sinking

>>>> Prize <<<<
At the end of the blockade, for each round won by a flag, that flag's monarch will recieve a lime/lime painted War Brig and 25K. If your flag wishes to have someone other than the monarch recieve the War Brig prize, please PM me with that information.

--------------------------------

Swordfighting, drinking, treasure drop, and rumble tournaments
- All four tournaments will be posted to start at 7:00 AM or right around that time. Each tournament will have at least 30 minutes of prior notice on the board. Settings will be not be announced until the tournaments are posted.

>>>> Prize <<<<
Each tournament will have a prize pool of 25,000 PoE, as well as some lime goodies.

Scavenger Hunt
** Event Host: Threelime **
- Stevensam's Estate on Kirin Island (make your way towards the basement)
- This event isnt' a scavenger hunt for items, but rather, for trivial bits of information!
- Unless you know every detail of the ocean (including the contents of all public buildings) it'd be best for you to compete in teams!
- The host will ask a question, following which one of your teammates may go searching for the answer. Once you know the answer, make your way back to the Estate and say your answer in /house chat. Please, only one guess per pirate per question.
- At the end of the event, the pirate or team that answers the most questions first will take top prize, and so forth down to 4th place.

>>>> Prize <<<<
First place: 30,000 PoE, a lime first place medal and 4 lime bandanas (2 male, 2 female)
Second Place: 20,000 PoE, a lime second place medal and 4 lime bandanas (2 male, 2 female)
Third Place: 10,000 PoE, a lime third place medal and 2 lime bandanas (1 male, 1 female)
Fourth Place: 5,000 PoE and 2 lime bandanas (1 male, 1 female)

Lime house judging
** Event Host: Onelime **
- Note: This event is one that you should plan ahead for, get your entry ready before the day-of Lime Day, or you may not have enough time to finish your entry!
- Decorate one room of your house, shoppe, stall, or other building that you may own/manage/roommate
- For this event, if you wish to compete, please send a PM to the forum account "Limeyone" with the subject line "Lime House Contest" or something close to that. In the body, list your pirate name, the location of the decoration and if you cannot be on for the judging time, please send me a screenshot of your entry a couple of days before Lime Day.
- Only one entry allowed per pirate, so take the time to make it look good!

>>>> Prizes <<<<
Best house room: 25,000 PoE and a lime pie trinket as a housewarming gift!
Best shoppe/stall/other: 25,000 PoE and a lime pie trinket as a housewarming gift!
Best overall: An additional 15,000 PoE, Display case, and a Lime Scroll declaring your establishment the limiest in the ocean!

Lunch Break
This is not an event, but a call for you pirates to take a step away from the computer! Go grab some food, take a nap, do whatever you need to do!

Trivia event at Estate
** Event Host: Twolime **
- At Stevensam's Estate on Kirin Island (make your way to the basement)
- The event host will ask questions, to take a guess, send a /tell to Twolime with your guess.
- Please, only one guess per pirate per question. The first correct guess wins.

>>>> Prizes <<<<
1200 poe for each correct guess, enough to go buy some limes, or whatever else you may desire!

Dock Challenges at DN
** Event Host: Threelime **
- On the Dragon's Nest docks
- The event host(s) will be dockside and will take challenges from pirates, awarding lime prizes to those who manage a win!
- To play against the event host(s), send a tell to them asking for a challenge. You will be placed on that host's waiting list.
- Please, only one challenge per pirate per event host.

>>>> Prizes <<<<
To each challenge winner goes a lime present. What will it be? Fight and find out!

The PoE is Right
** Event Hosts: Poeroddy, Poebarker and Poecarey (not all three may be there, but at least one) **
- Stevensam's Estate on Kirin Island (Make your way to the garden in the back)
- This event will be the 9th edition of The PoE is Right, for more information on how The PoE is Right works, see the following link: The PoE is Right YPPedia Page

>>>> Prizes <<<<
As always, there will be lots of prizes for all including pets, furniture, clothes, poe and a lot more!

Dinner Break
Just as with the lunch break, I'm encouraging all you pirates to take a break. If you can't get away from your computer, you could always go on a pillage or something during this time period.

Lime Race!
- In order to participate in this event, you need to send a PM to the forum account "Limeyone" with the subject line "Lime Race" or something similar. In the body of the PM, please include your crew, flag, ship name that you will be using and your pirate name.
- At the start of the event, all ships will be starting at Garden Cradle. To start, purchase 1 unit of Sugar Cane from Prime Lime (set to sell for 100 poe per unit), this is the Palace on Garden Cradle.
- Sail that 1 unit of sugar cane to Labyrinth Moors and sell that 1 unit to Stevensam's Distilling Stall there (price set to buy for 1 poe per unit.)
- Sail back to Garden Cradle and pick up another 1 unit of sugar cane and repeat the process.
- It is important that you only buy/sell 1 unit at a time. You may not buy or sell more than 1 unit at a time.
- Remember, the pirate that registered must make the purchases and sales. They must occur on the ship that is registered.
- Continue to move sugar cane until the deadline (9:00 PM). All registered pirates will be jobbed into an event crew so they can recieve time updates.

>>>>Prizes <<<<
First place: 100,000 PoE, Lime gold star medal, 7 lime bandanas (your choice of male/female)
Second place: 50,000 PoE, Lime silver star medal, 4 lime bandanas (2 male, 2 female)
Third place: 25,000 PoE, Lime bronze star medal, 2 lime bandanas (1 male, 1 female)
Fourth place: 10,000 PoE, 2 lime bandans (1 male, 1 female)
Also, all pirates will recieve 100 poe for each unit of sugar cane that they purchased from the palace (unless they are DQ'ed for buying more than 1 at a time).

Lime Raffles
** Event Host: Twolime **
- Garden Cradle's palace (Prime Lime)
- This event will take place in the upstairs of the palace, where the tournament board and parlor games table are located.
- There will be raffles for many different lime objects, including one raffle in the same fashion as the Halloween Party raffles (not with a familiar as a prize).

>>>> Prizes <<<<
- Included are many lime items, as well as a sleeping tortise furniture item!
- As a special bonus, the pirate who wins one of the raffles will get the choice of puzzle for the final tournament of the night (see Final Tournament posted).

Donation collection
- Garden Cradle's Bank (Lime Dimes)
- For this event, Onelime will be collecting donations from pirates for the grand finale tournament of the day.
- PoE along with items will be accepted.
- Items that will be accepted must be lime in some way, whether it be a lime greeting card or a lime ship.

>>>> Prizes <<<<
- For each 1,000 PoE donated, pirates will be entered into a raffle, with the top prize being a Lime/Lime War Frigate and a sleeping tortise furniture item!

Final Tournament posted
- The final tournament will include all of the items and poe donated during the donation collection event.
- All of the poe that is donated will be pooled with a final donation from Stevensam and posted into the grand finale tournament.
- The tournament's puzzle type will be decided by one of the raffles from the Lime Raffles (see Lime Raffles).

>>>> Prizes <<<<
This will be one tournament, giving out prizes to the top 4 pirates, as well as a lot of poe to be cascading exponentially.

List of Edits:

This thread is for questions, comments, concerns and anything else you think is appropriate!
----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Nov 20, 2008 8:57:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Re: Lime Day 24-Hour Extravaganza! [Over 1,500,000 PoE in prizes!] (12-16-08)

SS, you're crazy...^_^

<3
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Nov 20, 2008 9:53:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
aahsjpw

I like the relay-like format you've chosen for the Lime Race.
Though, is registration really necessary to distinguish participants when you've got sugar-cane going for 100 as an identifier?

Greenslope
Greenslope - Viridian Ocean/Malachite Ocean
[Nov 20, 2008 11:02:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I like the relay-like format you've chosen for the Lime Race.
Though, is registration really necessary to distinguish participants when you've got sugar-cane going for 100 as an identifier?

Greenslope

I want pirates to register mainly so I can know how many pirates I should be tracking before the event even starts. Also, I wanted a few of the events in this extravaganza to feel more like big events in themselves, not just a small part of a big event.

Edit:
On a side note, I'd like to remind everyone that The PoE is Right will be like it has been in the past. Pirates need to be inside and in the house before 4:30. At 4:30, the event starts, so please help make things easier for everyone and show up somewhat. Showing up early won't cut your Dock Challenges on DN experience short, as it's finished at 4:00 and TPiR starts at 4:30. That is plenty of time to head on over to the Estate!
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Nov 20, 2008 11:24:38 PM]
[Nov 20, 2008 11:20:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Sprtn_117

:'( I Hope this event goes smoothly for ya steven >.>

Wish I Could Be There.
Cptnosdn On Cerulean
I Want To Own A Giant Fleet Of Longships...
[Nov 21, 2008 7:16:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
danny360

[

That is pretty late my time. (Well, actually, pretty early...) Mind if I donate in advance? I can't donate much, but every bit counts, and I wanna win the raffle :P Thanks :)
Gymboy on Cerulean
Kingopuzzles starting up on Emerald
[Nov 21, 2008 8:51:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Limeyone

[

That is pretty late my time. (Well, actually, pretty early...) Mind if I donate in advance? I can't donate much, but every bit counts, and I wanna win the raffle :P Thanks :)

Yes, you may make a donation before the scheduled time. I figured that the time of it might be difficult for some to make it. If you happen to run into Onelime, Twolime or Threelime inbetween events, go ahead and send them a tell.

By the way, this is the forum account where registrations for the Lime Race and Lime House decorating goes.
[Nov 21, 2008 1:07:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

I'd like to thank the pirates who have already donated some prizes to the event! Even though the schedule has an alotted time to donate prizes, I want to encourage pirates to donate whenever they'd like to!
[Nov 30, 2008 11:46:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Limeyone

Okay mates, we are getting close to the 16th, only 9 days away, and so far no pirates have signed up for the race or the lime house contest. Remember, you have to sign up for these events before the 16th by PM'ing this account with the proper information!
[Dec 7, 2008 10:49:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Rumor has it that Luckysun will be showing up at some point with the Lime Edition of Lucky Dip. Rumor also has it that he will refuse to challenge anyone who isn't wearing some lime.
[Dec 12, 2008 10:05:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Rumor has it that Luckysun will be showing up at some point with the Lime Edition of Lucky Dip. Rumor also has it that he will refuse to challenge anyone who isn't wearing some lime.

woot I actually have SOME lime on
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Dec 16, 2008 7:39:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Limeyone

I still need more teams to sign up for the Lime Race! There is still time. All you need to do is follow the rules listed for the Lime Race in the OP and send me an appropriate PM with all the important details!
[Dec 16, 2008 8:41:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Results from the Scavenger Hunt!

1st place - Angellic
2nd place - Vexia
3rd place - Challenger
4th place - Luvlynh

Thank you to all who came and played along!

Edit: Results from the Lime House decorations!

Best shoppe/stall/other - Vexia
Best overall - Arrsome

Thank ye to the three mates who entered the contest! Arrsome, find me in-game to collect your prizes!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Dec 16, 2008 12:01:25 PM]
[Dec 16, 2008 10:43:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
angel00

1st place - Angellic
2nd place - Vexia
3rd place - Challenger
4th place - Luvlynh

Thank ye very much for the event Stevensam! The questions were great and the hunt was rather fun =)
~Angellic of Cobalt~
[Dec 16, 2008 10:45:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fist26

1st place - Angellic
2nd place - Vexia
3rd place - Challenger
4th place - Luvlynh

I was at work so I could only be a spectator but that was awesome nonetheless.
Thanks for organizing this whole day of events. You rock!
Sawkins on Cobalt
[Dec 16, 2008 11:14:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Due to a release scheduled for today, whichever event it iterrupts will continue as normal as soon as I can get back on. I will wait 5 minutes after I log back on to continue the event already in progress, to give everyone a fair chance of getting back on. If the update cuts into the trivia event, extra time will be added up to 10 minutes, depending on server downtime.
[Dec 16, 2008 12:06:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

Lime Day ROCKS!

Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Dec 16, 2008 1:09:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

The PoE is Right has just finished! If you see Vexia in-game, congratulate her on winning her final showcase!

Lime Race is finished! Winners are:

1st place - Steveyohoho and Wenchbrandi
2nd place - Vexia
3rd place - Angellic
4th place - Finrum

Winner of final tournament puzzle choice raffle:
Swansinger, who chose the puzzle of TD

Winner of the tortise raffle:
Wenchbrandi
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Dec 16, 2008 10:21:49 PM]
[Dec 16, 2008 6:51:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Final tournament!

80 pirates in the tournament
263 pirates on the Cobalt ocean
30%, that's pretty good for a tournament :D

First place gets:
Lime Bandana 3
Lime Bandana f 1
Lime Wig 1
Lime santa hat 1
Falchion 1
Gold pitcher 1
Lime Presents 6
Charven Chair 1
Globe 1
Hand regrowth salve 10
Lime Band 1
Lime Clam 1
Lime Nautilus 1
brown knobby coral 1
Sub Lime Sloop 1
Lime Skull 1
Lime Stein 1
Lime skull rings 1
Lime santa hat f 1

Second place gets:
Lime Bandana 3
Lime bandana f 1
Lime santa hat 1
Broken Bottle 1
Gold stein 1
Lime Presents 4
Globe 1
Hand regrowth salve 7
Lime starfish 1
Lavender star 1
Atlantean band 1
Lime Horn 1
lime cain 1
lime chain 1
Lime santa hat f 1

Third place gets:
Lime Bandana 3
Lime santa hat 1
Lime striped shirt 1
Lime flagon 1
Lime presents 2
Potted Palm 1
Hand regrowth salve 5
Sand dollar 1
Snow Globe 1
Lime fish 1
Lime Ropes 1
Lime santa hat f 1

Fourth place gets:
Lime Bandana 2
Lime santa hat 1
lime/lime pants 1
Lime Pitcher 1
Lime presents 2
Fancy Sink 1
Hand regrowth salve 4
Sand dollar 1
Greeting Card 1
Lime Gloves 1
Lime santa hat f 1

A huge thank you to all the donors of items! Here is a list of the pirate who donated poe:
1K Gymboy
400K Anonymous pirates who don't want to be a part of the raffle.
50K Pharrothead
80K Swansinger
15K Durfin
5K Skookum
5K Casiopia
5K Ilya
50K Fireangel
5K Wenchbrandi
50K Meadflagon
1K Ritterton
8K Bobadopolis
10K Menomeh
286,244 PoE Stupidhead

All of the poe donators will be listed in a number grid in the next couple of days and the winners will be chosen from an online lottery number results website.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Dec 17, 2008 12:04:49 AM]
[Dec 16, 2008 11:38:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
amoyer

Congratulations Steven! What an absolutely fabulous end to the Anniversary of Lime Day! You truly have created an event that continues to include the entire ocean and brings out the best in everyone. Thanks to all those that contributed too!
Cedarwings
Captain of the Crew Schmew of the Flag Schmag
Cobalt Ocean
Oceanus wrote: 
"I hear Atlantis is all fun and giggles"

[Dec 17, 2008 12:52:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BoggyBloo

Congrats Stevensam! I heard this was a fabulous day from many pirates! Unfotunately for me between that thing they call work and some evening obligatons I was able to sign on to YPP for only a short time. I had some donations for you..but...had to log off before the donation time. But...no worries! I just put it all into a rumble tourney before I logged. SEE! The spirit of Stevensam reaches even those unable to participate.

Cobalt loves ya SAM! Happy Holidays!
Boggybloo - Cerulean
Blooregard everywhere else.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
- H.L. Mencken

[Dec 17, 2008 6:04:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
danny360

1K Gymboy

Man, I feel cheap XD.
Gymboy on Cerulean
[Dec 17, 2008 8:35:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vexia

Kudos to Stevensam for the fantastic Lime Day extravaganza!! It turned out to be a great day for me. (I played hookie from work so I could participate in the Lime race, but ended up participating in many of the day's events. lol) By the end of the day I won some great prizes. Thanks again for hosting/sponsoring such a wonderful event! Yarrr! ;)
Princess Vexia, Raiders of the Lost Arch ~ Captain of Popularity Contest *Cobalt
[Dec 17, 2008 11:07:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sirwinston

Thanks a lot for the awsome Lime day, Stevensam. I'm afraid I missed most of it, but The PoE is Right and the Lime House Event were both extra special!
BloodyBill on the Cerulean Ocean (of Cobalt origin).
[Dec 17, 2008 1:47:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Bloodybill [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Sorry to all the pirates that donated who have been waiting, but here is the list of number each donor needs to look at:

001 Gymboy
002-051 Pharrothead
052-131 Swansinger
132-148 Durfin
149-153 Skookum
154-158 Casiopia
159-163 Ilya
164-213 Fireangel
214-218 Wenchbrandi
219-268 Meadflagon
269 Ritterton
270-277 Bobadopolis
278-287 Menomeh
288-573 Stupidhead

So, I will use my favorite lottery online results for the drawings! http://www.calottery.com/WinningNumbers/

The Midday drawing for December 30, 2008 will be used for the sleeping tortise!
The Evening drawing for December 30, 2008 will be used for the lime/lime War Frig!

In the event that the number drawn does not match one of the numbers listed above, we will use the next day's drawing results and so on until a winner is decided!
[Dec 30, 2008 1:21:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
danny360

Sorry to all the pirates that donated who have been waiting, but here is the list of number each donor needs to look at:

001 Gymboy
002-051 Pharrothead
052-131 Swansinger
132-148 Durfin
149-153 Skookum
154-158 Casiopia
159-163 Ilya
164-213 Fireangel
214-218 Wenchbrandi
219-268 Meadflagon
269 Ritterton
270-277 Bobadopolis
278-287 Menomeh
288-573 Stupidhead

So, I will use my favorite lottery online results for the drawings! http://www.calottery.com/WinningNumbers/

The Midday drawing for December 30, 2008 will be used for the sleeping tortise!
The Evening drawing for December 30, 2008 will be used for the lime/lime War Frig!

In the event that the number drawn does not match one of the numbers listed above, we will use the next day's drawing results and so on until a winner is decided!

Oh boy! A one in 573 chance for me! XD
Gymboy on Cerulean
[Dec 30, 2008 9:01:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

#372 for the sleeping tortise. This means that Stupidhead is the winner of the tortise!
[Dec 30, 2008 3:39:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

The evening drawing for December 30, 2008 proved to be too high of a number, so the War Frig will go to the winner of tomorrow's raffle.

Edit: December 31st drawing was again too high of a number, January 1, 2009 drawing now!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Dec 31, 2008 7:14:49 PM]
[Dec 30, 2008 10:57:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Well, after several days of the number drawn being above everyone's assigned numbers... we finally have a low enough number! Stupidhead wins the lime/lime painted WF!

[Jan 5, 2009 1:04:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates