• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 23
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3217 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
mikaey

Pirate Deletion Reply to this Post

Hi all,

I'm thinking I need to add a new page to YPPedia. I want to get a consensus on as many points as I can before I do so, though.

The YPPedia page would be an FAQ of sorts to describe under what circumstances your pirates get deleted, and what happens to the stuff the pirate owned. I may end up expanding the already existing Deleting pirates page.

Below I have listed my current knowledge. I've also put questions in where I'm not sure as to the specifics. I'd love the help of anyone who has knowledge of anything I'm missing (please, don't debate the answer if you don't know it).

Here's the points I have so far:

Reasons for pirate being deleted:

• Deleted by owner
  • A pirate on an account whose owner has never purchased doubloons with real money or never subscribed with real money will be deleted if the pirate goes inactive for a certain amount of time. The amount of time varies depending on the needs of the ocean. Regardless, players will receive an email prior to their pirates being deleted to give them a chance to become active again.
  • Any other reasons?

What happens to the stuff the pirate had?:

• Stalls and houses owned by the pirate, and any of the pirate's items contained therein - lost. Furniture and pets belonging to other pirates are returned to the pirates that own them.
  • All other points below assume that the item in question was not in a stall or house owned by the deleted pirate.
  • PoE - lost
  • Clothing/swords/mugs/bludgeons that were carried on you - lost
  • Clothing/swords/mugs/bludgeons that were on a rack or in a chest - no change -- they continue to be available to anyone who had access to them before
  • Charts carried on you - lost
  • Badges - lost
  • Portraits (the ones in your gallery, not in furniture form) - lost
  • Pets - lost
  • Doubloons - remains with the account. Assuming that the account itself has not been deleted, the owner can use them with any other pirate on the same account.
  • Ships - If the ship was locked, it will become unlocked for the crew to use. The deed is retrievable by anyone in the crew with a rank of Fleet Officer or higher by going on the ship and going to the Market Bidding section of the Hold.
  • Shoppes - (The freestanding ones -- the ones that have deeds) ...? (Do the deeds go back to the palace/governor?)
  • Furniture - Furniture placed in shoppes, stalls, or houses not belonging to the deleted pirate will remain. (What happens if the owner/roommate/manager tries to remove it from the scene?)
  • Crews - If you were captain of your crew, the crew politics changes to oligarchic. (If you were the only remaining crew member in the crew, does the crew go away?)
  • Flags - Position in the flag is lost. If my knowledge of flags is correct, the remaining royalty can easily vote in a new monarch if you were the monarch of your flag. What happens if the deleted pirate was the only member of royalty in the flag? If you were the only remaining crew member in the flag, does the flag go away?
  • Governorships - Governorship is lost. If my knowledge is correct, the remaining royalty in the island's controlling flag can vote in a new governor. If the deleted pirate was the only remaining crew member in the flag, or if the flag has no more royalty...? Is any flag free to declare a blockade on it to attempt to take control of it? Does OM intervention come into play?
  • Any other items I'm forgetting?

Thanks in advance, mates!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 5 times, last edit by mikaey at Nov 18, 2008 9:36:04 PM]
[Nov 17, 2008 12:02:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorby

Re: Pirate Deletion Reply to this Post

Are pirates deleted by the OMs (e.g., due to bans)?

Last I checked, No, Although, if you've never paid/subscribed the Pirate can still be Purged by the System.
Coteaz - Everywhere!
[Nov 17, 2008 12:39:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

• Deleted by owner
  • Doubloon oceans - A pirate on an account whose owner has never purchased doubloons with real money will be deleted if the pirate goes inactive for XX days. (I've seen different posts saying different things, and I've had personal experience contradicting all of them. Anyone know what the current delay is?)
  • Subscription oceans - Are pirates who have never paid to subscribe deleted if they go inactive? How long?
  • Are pirates deleted by the OMs (e.g., due to bans)?
  • Any other reasons?

There really is no need to seperate doubloon and subscription. It works the same for all oceans. Unpaid accounts get purged, aka having the pirates on them deleted, after a certain timespan of inactivity. The length of this timepan has varied over the years. It has been as short as 3 weeks at one point. I think the time to purging gets altered as needed, depending on the influx of new players. The more people try out the game, the more people you have that don't come back, the more unused pirates there are, so the faster they purge the servers of these pirates. Last OM confirmed timeframe that i am aware of, was 6 weeks. But things could have changed since then again.

Also, once an account is paid, whether it's through buying doubloons or a subscription doesn't matter, then all pirates on all oceans will never be purged. So a subscription also preserves pirates on doubloon oceans, and vice versa. On unpaid accounts, logging on any one pirate on any one ocean, will keep all pirates on all oceans from being purged as well. There really is no difference between oceans, or types of oceans. So seperating them would only be confusing if you ask me.

Purging and deleting yourself are the only ways a pirate can get deleted. I'm sure OMs could delete a pirate if they wanted to, but they don't. Only exception could be a pirate with an offensive name, but i believe they are not so much deleted, as temporarily moved and eventually renamed.

• Stalls and houses owned by the pirate, and any items contained therein - lost. (Furniture and pets belonging to other pirates are returned to them?)

• Whatever the reason of a place being closed down, the furniture and pets belonging to another pirate will be returned to them.

• All other points below assume that the item in question was not in a stall or house owned by the deleted pirate.
  • PoE - lost
  • Clothing/swords/mugs/bludgeons that were carried on you - lost
  • Clothing/swords/mugs/bludgeons that were on a rack or in a chest - no change -- they continue to be available to anyone who had access to them before
  • Charts carried on you - lost
  • Badges - lost
  • Portraits (the ones in your gallery, not in furniture form) - lost?
  • Pets - lost?

• Really no point in seperating everything, everything the pirate has on them is deleted, with the exception of deeds. Items placed on a rack at someone else's place will also remain, and can be taken by anyone else with access to it. Any pet that was placed somewhere else will go poof.

• Doubloons - remains with the account. Assuming that the account itself has not been deleted, the owner can use them with any other pirate on the same account.

• Doubloons are accountwide like a subscription is as well, so no pirate deletion will affect the doubloons or subscription time on an account. And accounts are not deleted with purging, and can't be player deleted anymore either. Only OOO could delete an account, if they wanted to, but they don't really do that. Unless requested maybe.

• Ships - If the ship was locked, it will become unlocked for the crew to use. The deed is lost, and the ship becomes untradeable. (This is my personal experience, is this correct? Was this superseded by something else?)

• No that is wrong. When a pirate is deleted, the deed to their ship will be put in the market bidding section of the hold, where it can be collected by any FO or higher. If the ship was locked, it will unlock the minute someone steps on board.

• Shoppes - (The freestanding ones -- the ones that have deeds) ...?

• Don't have any personal experience with that, but as far as i know, building deeds will either go to a manager or the governor.

• Furniture - Furniture placed in shoppes or houses not belonging to the deleted pirate will remain. (What happens if the owner/roommate/manager tries to remove it from the scene?)

• When removing furniture that belonged to a deleted pirate, the furniture will be put in the inventory of the person removing it.

• Crews - If you were a captain, what happens to your crew? If you were the only remaining crew member in the crew, does the crew go away?
  • Flags - Position in the flag is lost. If my knowledge of flags is correct, the remaining royalty can easily vote in a new monarch if you were the monarch of your flag. What happens if the deleted pirate was the only member of royalty in the flag? If you were the only remaining crew member in the flag, does the flag go away?
  • Governorships - Governorship is lost. If my knowledge is correct, the remaining royalty in the island's controlling flag can vote in a new governor. If the deleted pirate was the only remaining crew member in the flag, or if the flag has no more royalty...? Is any flag free to declare a blockade on it to attempt to take control of it? Does OM intervention come into play?

• These i don't know. You could test the crew and flag question easily enough. It'd just take some time for experience and fame building.
    Pleun,
    First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
    owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
    [Nov 17, 2008 2:32:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    mikaey

Ok, verified the answer to the ship deeds. I've also rephrased the inactivity clause, and removed the part about pirates being deleted by the OMs.
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by mikaey at Nov 17, 2008 10:03:04 PM]
    [Nov 17, 2008 9:01:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Thunderbird

Have we ever had a shop owner get deleted?

On the doubloons front, I'd put that at uncertain. Given that more than just an account's pirates are purged when the purge hits an account, its hard to tell just what is purged. But it is clear that a purged account is treated as a new account if it is accessed again, given the complaints from Technical Issues about old taints.
    Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
    Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
    Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
    [Nov 17, 2008 7:52:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    mikaey

Well, I don't think there's much question about what happens to your doubloons. I've seen it reiterated before that the purge affects pirates, and not the accounts those pirates are registered to. Doubloons are pretty well documented, too -- those stay with the account and are accessible to any other pirate on that account.
    [Nov 17, 2008 10:01:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    fanta

On the doubloons front, I'd put that at uncertain. Given that more than just an account's pirates are purged when the purge hits an account, its hard to tell just what is purged. But it is clear that a purged account is treated as a new account if it is accessed again, given the complaints from Technical Issues about old taints.

Doubloons are not purged and remain available on the account. Maybe you'll believe Liz; http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=395366#395366

What happens with the taint issue preventing new pirates being made is explained by Liz here; http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=855617#855617

I don't believe any other info tied to the account is lost. I've never read about new pirates created on a purged account being green again, or people not being able to go on duty anymore... If that would happen, i'd expect to have read posts from people whining about that on the forums...
    Pleun,
    First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
    owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
    [Nov 18, 2008 12:44:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Thunderbird

This thread seems to indicate that hours played gets reset.
    Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
    [Nov 18, 2008 8:38:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    mikaey

All right, to keep everybody on track, I'm still looking for answers to the following questions:

• What happens to a shoppe (a freestanding one, not a stall) if the owner of the shop gets deleted? (Current theory: Deed goes back to the palace or governor)
    • Furniture placed in other people's shoppes/houses stays in place. What happens if someone removes it from the scene?
    • If the only member of a crew gets deleted, what happens to the crew? (Current theory: Crew gets disbanded)
    • If the only member of a flag gets deleted, what happens to the flag? (Current theory: Flag gets disbanded)
    • If the governor of an island gets deleted, what happens to the island? (Current theory: Governorship transfers to another royal in the flag)
    • If the governor of an island gets deleted, and he/she was the only remaining member in their flag, what happens to the island? (Current theory: Any other flag may blockade the island and fight for control of it)

I know that some of this has never happened, and we may have to hypothesize in the absence of any real experience.

Thanks, mates!
    [Nov 18, 2008 9:34:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Thunderbird

All right, to keep everybody on track, I'm still looking for answers to the following questions:

• What happens to a shoppe (a freestanding one, not a stall) if the owner of the shop gets deleted? (Current theory: Deed goes back to the palace or governor)
    • Furniture placed in other people's shoppes/houses stays in place. What happens if someone removes it from the scene?
    • If the only member of a crew gets deleted, what happens to the crew? (Current theory: Crew gets disbanded)
    • If the only member of a flag gets deleted, what happens to the flag? (Current theory: Flag gets disbanded)
    • If the governor of an island gets deleted, what happens to the island? (Current theory: Governorship transfers to another royal in the flag)
    • If the governor of an island gets deleted, and he/she was the only remaining member in their flag, what happens to the island? (Current theory: Any other flag may blockade the island and fight for control of it)

I know that some of this has never happened, and we may have to hypothesize in the absence of any real experience.

Thanks, mates!

Furniture belonging to deleted owners will go to the booty tab of whoever picks it up. Shoppe deeds could end up on the market bidding tab much like ship deeds do (though unconfirmed). Deleting the last pirate of a crew will probably result in the loss of the crew...and I do know that if the last crew is removed from a flag, the flag goes away. Governorship may or may not transfer from a deleted pirate (has a governor ever been deleted?), but if a flag owning an island goes poof (which has happened on a few occasions), the island reverts to uncolonized.
    [Nov 18, 2008 10:08:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    mikaey

Hmmm...interesting...so, when the island goes to uncolonized, do all the buildings on the island go away? Or has it never happened to an island with any significant structures?
    [Nov 18, 2008 10:25:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Thunderbird

Only the island status changes. Buildings stay put (Terra Island on Cobalt was the first island to have this happen under those circumstances, and it's known as one of the more developed islands). If there's a governor, they stay put in their position (note that a governor CAN be from outside the flag), even though it doesn't appear so. The governor just can't be changed until someone retakes the island.
    [Nov 18, 2008 10:36:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    mikaey

Good point. That's assuming a situation where the flag disbands, but the governor is still around?
    [Nov 18, 2008 10:54:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Birchle

This thread seems to indicate that hours played gets reset.

The account does not, however, go back to being completely green. Whether it remembers that it had previously turned yellow, or only resets to 15 hours, or what, I couldn't say.
    Birchle

Piratey playing card by Phillite
    [Nov 18, 2008 11:30:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    yaypuzzlez

Here's the points I have so far:

• Deleted by owner
    • A pirate on an account whose owner has never purchased doubloons with real money or never subscribed with real money will be deleted if the pirate goes inactive for a certain amount of time. The amount of time varies depending on the needs of the ocean. Regardless, players will receive an email prior to their pirates being deleted to give them a chance to become active again.
    • Any other reasons?

Your pirate gets deleted if it's name is inappropriate.
    I am Capberry | Rumbleboy.

Retired.
    [Nov 19, 2008 3:27:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    mikaey

Do they actually delete it? I was under the impression that they just made you pick out a new name.
    [Nov 19, 2008 10:54:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    sprngweather

I believe being an ex-subscriber means your pirate won't ever be deleted (which could have been done via gifting or doubloon subscribing).

I was just playing around, and found:

A deleted pirate is no longer in the staff list of a shoppe/stall the moment they are purged and are removed as a roommate of a house or manager of a shoppe/stall.

If a hearty is deleted/expunged while you are online, it will give the message: "______ has been removed from your hearty list."

There furniture remains, and it just says it belongs to that character (even though the character doesn't exist) and as mentioned above, it goes to the person who picks it up.

If they are the sole person left in a crew, that crew is disbanded (just tested, however, the crew was new too).

Several months ago someone ordered an item (a bludgeon I believe) from one of my shoppes, that pirate was deleted, I created a pirate by the same name to see if I could deliver it, and I couldn't (so, I had to wait for the item to become abandoned).

Sorry if any of this was already discovered, I just skimmed the above posts.

I doubt the governorship would go to a random royal, it would probably go to the monarch or no one if the flag has no monarch. Assuming the flag gets disbanded if the last person in that flag gets deleted, then, I think on Midnight there was an example maybe a year or two ago of a disbanded flag owning an island...I think it was somewhere in Opal. I might be misremembering.
    Sprngweather & Picory
    [Nov 19, 2008 11:04:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    sprngweather

Do they actually delete it? I was under the impression that they just made you pick out a new name.

One time, I just had my pirate renamed. My alt was called ***intheface and when I logged back onto the account the following day it was called Intheface.
    Sprngweather & Picory
    [Nov 19, 2008 11:06:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    LJAmethyst

I posed this question in another thread, and it seems relevant to the discussion here, so I'll reprint it:

But let me warn you, don't get your hopes up. If your pirates were indeed purged, they can probably no longer see why your were tainted/suspended/banned in the first place, in which case they usually deny your plea. Which would mean you can no longer play PP. But it's worth trying anyways i'd say.

I thought that those records were attached to the account, not the pirates, and that's why they no longer delete accounts, even if pirates are purged. If what you're saying is true, then what if someone deletes all their pirates from their own account, will that delete their disciplinary records too???

Retired as of August 2015.
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
    [Nov 19, 2008 12:21:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
    mikaey

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I have about all the questions answered that I needed to have answered. You can see the finished product at http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Deleting_pirates.

There's two questions I would wrap up with:

• What happens to pets that are placed in someone else's scene?
    • Ships have the deed placed in the Market Bidding section of the ship, so that any other FO or higher in the crew can retrieve it. If the deleted pirate was the only person left in the crew, is the ship lost?

Thanks again!
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by mikaey at Nov 20, 2008 5:44:32 PM]
    [Nov 20, 2008 5:38:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Gothmog1065

Ships have the deed placed in the Market Bidding section of the ship, so that any other FO or higher in the crew can retrieve it. If the deleted pirate was the only person left in the crew, is the ship lost?

No. The ships stay in stasis pretty much until they are retrieved.
    Nemesis wrote: 
    You ruined my joke, Goth.
    Arakael wrote: 
    Goth is right, as usual.
    Blobbles wrote: 
    Goth is right. *shudders*

[Nov 20, 2008 7:49:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Seriast

my pirates were purged but the only reason i wasn't able to log on was because i moved and was having internet problems. is there any way to get my pirate back?
    [Aug 11, 2011 2:36:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    REJBELLS

No.. sorry..
    Next time ye make a pirate .. buy with real money .. which ever system ye use. Sub time guarantees all pirates on either dub or sub oceans unless ye delete them yeself. ( Or get Banned permanently Looses ye access privelges) Gives ye access to ICE.. the test ocean.. as well.
    Dubs do guarantee all ye pirates on all oceans.. but.. ye only have access to part of the game on sub oceans ( Dub Badge system not used here) and have to pay extra for ICE access.
    Wildsrose Of:
    Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
    [Aug 14, 2011 9:29:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates